The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: De-Dollarisation.  (Read 108219 times)

Offline Anteros

• Trips: 1-5
Re: De-Dollarisation.
« Reply #450 on: April 15, 2016, 09:24:53 AM »
Putin ordering his pilots to buzz American Destroyer's is not going to cause us to end sanctions on his economy any time soon.

The ship that was in the Baltic Sea? Long way from America and right near Russia. Imagine how the US would howl if Russia started conducting military tests right off the coast of the US?

As for sanctions, Russia now regards them as permanent anyway, so no biggie.

Yes, about 70 miles off the cost of Russia.

70km from a Russian naval base I understand....so who's being provocative? Get too close to a wasp nest and all that!!

Absurd.  The USA was in International waters and observing maritime law etc.  Next time we will be justified in shooting down those jets if they deliberately come so close again in an attack formation.

There will not be a next time IF the US keeps its ship away from Russian territorial waters, better still, remove them from the Baltic sea entirely if you are frightened...   :plane:

The ignorant protest to much.

The United States is fully justified to be in the Black Sea with military ships.

There is a treaty called the Montreaux Convention that guarantees this. Of course we understand how Russia (Putin) views International treaties that were signed before he became czar.

Further three NATO members have real estate along the Black Sea, so while Obama might be wimpy. He was fully compliant with International Law, something that Putin can not claim.

It should also be noted on a fairly regular basis until now Russian and American naval ships pass with in approximately 12 miles or 15 kilometers of each other coastline, so 70 miles or 96 kilometers is a rather large distance for a wasp to fly.

Do try to keep up..

We are talking about the recent incident in the Baltic sea, and NOT the Black sea...

:coffeeread:

I believe he intended to write Baltic sea as NATO countries are Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia with a physical presence on the shoreline.  Either way there are NATO countries with a physical presence on the Black sea as well.  The USA follows International law, and Russia does not.  Hence Russia has few allies and their economy is in shambles due to sanctions.   :coffeeread:
Be careful what you wish for, you might get it.

Offline Anteros

« Reply #451 on: April 15, 2016, 09:29:49 AM »
The USA was in International waters and observing maritime law etc.  Next time we will be justified in shooting down those jets if they deliberately come so close again in an attack formation.

So Russia was also in international airspace.

And look how well shooting down a Russian jet went for Turkeys economy.

:ROFL:  Russia is clearly hell-bent on self destruction as the US economy can absorb a lot more than Russia's one trick pony economy every could.

With 20 Trillion dollars of debt... yeah right..

Who's going to lend you a further couple of trillion dollars...maybe Russia?   :ROFL:

We don't need it and in fact a fiscal diet will be very good for the USA.  Look how heart disease and heart attacks went down during WWII when people had less meat to eat.  Same can be said of a fully developed economy but one which has been wasting money on too many social programs.

Unlike Russia we have a fully developed infrastructure and our GDP is about 17 Trillion dollars.  We can self sustain if need be and better than Russia can.  Our military is already in place around the World.

Winter is coming.  You better get ready.  :laugh:

Online Texan77

• Trips: 20+
« Reply #452 on: April 15, 2016, 09:45:49 AM »
The USA was in International waters and observing maritime law etc.  Next time we will be justified in shooting down those jets if they deliberately come so close again in an attack formation.

Yea it was also a another set back for the Russian economy also. NO pipe line and they are still paying the Ukraine. Putin shoot himself in foot again.  But hey, no Russian will ever read that or see it on the news. So as far as most Russians are concern, Putin it the perfect leader as he leads his sheep both in Russia and on this site.
3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #453 on: April 15, 2016, 09:49:02 AM »

Yea it was also a another set back for the Russian economy also. NO pipe line and they are still paying the Ukraine. Putin shoot himself in foot again.  But hey, no Russian will ever read that or see it on the news. So as far as most Russians are concern, Putin it the perfect leader as he leads his sheep both in Russia and on this site.

You really do need to stop daydreaming..
Bridge is a lot like sex, either you need a good partner, or a decent hand... Woody Allen

Offline Anteros

« Reply #454 on: April 15, 2016, 09:50:39 AM »

You too.  The USA is only in debt 19 Trillion, not 20.  :laugh:

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #455 on: April 15, 2016, 09:53:36 AM »

You too.  The USA is only in debt 19 Trillion, not 20.  :laugh:

:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

http://www.usdebtclock.org/   to be exact...
Bridge is a lot like sex, either you need a good partner, or a decent hand... Woody Allen

Offline Wiz

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #456 on: April 15, 2016, 10:10:00 AM »

Who's going to lend you a further couple of trillion dollars...maybe Russia?   :ROFL:

Question 1: Who do they owe the money?
Answer: Anybody who is holding Dollars

Question 2: Who is going to Lend then any money?

Answer: Do they need to borrow any money from anybody? Of course not!

President will Change the law and ask the FED to print some trillions of toilet paper.

The problem is who will accept Dollars in exchange for goods?

Then the problems will start!
Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #457 on: April 15, 2016, 10:58:19 AM »
I believe he intended to write Baltic sea as NATO countries are Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia with a physical presence on the shoreline.  Either way there are NATO countries with a physical presence on the Black sea as well.  The USA follows International law, and Russia does not.  Hence Russia has few allies and their economy is in shambles due to sanctions.   :coffeeread:

My bad, was talking with friends in café over cappuccino about sailing or cruising the Adriatic Sea this summer (the favourite is Greece over Croatia) or along the Black Sea.  One member mentioned the Montreaux Treaty and wondered if it applied to a cruising sailboat. In my wonderful dysgraphic/dyslexic thinking I mixed them up. Now you know why I rarely do the navigation.

There is a so-called Convention for access to the Baltic Sea, want to say the Helsinki Convention, but not entirely sure.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Online AvHdB

« Reply #458 on: April 15, 2016, 11:07:27 AM »

President will Change the law and ask the FED to print some trillions of toilet paper.

Oh so true.

Though it is technically not so much holders of dollars but those entities who own debt from the United States. Such as bonds (in every flavour) and Treasury Notes or T-Bills as examples. In reality the debt clock only notes Federal debt, not state, city and agency debts.

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #459 on: April 15, 2016, 11:17:38 AM »

My bad, was talking with friends in café over cappuccino about sailing or cruising the Adriatic Sea this summer (the favourite is Greece over Croatia) or along the Black Sea.  One member mentioned the Montreaux Treaty and wondered if it applied to a cruising sailboat. In my wonderful dysgraphic/dyslexic thinking I mixed them up. Now you know why I rarely do the navigation.

There is a so-called Convention for access to the Baltic Sea, want to say the Helsinki Convention, but not entirely sure.

Not a problem, I was being a little pedantic with your post, sorry, I did understand what you were meaning..

With regards to navigation, if lost, always do a CC and head west, at some point you will always hit land... :whist11:

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #460 on: April 15, 2016, 11:19:02 AM »

Oh so true.

Though it is technically not so much holders of dollars but those entities who own debt from the United States. Such as bonds (in every flavour) and Treasury Notes or T-Bills as examples. In reality the debt clock only notes Federal debt, not state, city and agency debts.

Are you saying that the actual debt could/is much higher..??

Online Texan77

« Reply #461 on: April 15, 2016, 11:23:36 AM »

You need to stop dreaming. Turkey was once Russia stronger support in NATO. Well no longer. Just what Russia needed was more sanctions. Well now they got them. Look I know you are just a Putin sheep so you can never see the other side of anything Putin does just like the rest of Russia. Everything any country does has a negative side to it. Only Russia has this perfect leader who just turns everything into gold with fairy dust. Just keep believing and you always be happy. Pleasant dreams! 
3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Online AvHdB

« Reply #462 on: April 15, 2016, 11:33:31 AM »

Oh so true.

Yes  :(

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #463 on: April 15, 2016, 11:38:17 AM »

You need to stop dreaming. Turkey was once Russia stronger support in NATO. Well no longer. Just what Russia needed was more sanctions. Well now they got them. Look I know you are just a Putin sheep so you can never see the other side of anything Putin does just like the rest of Russia. Everything any country does has a negative side to it. Only Russia has this perfect leader who just turns everything into gold with fairy dust. Just keep believing and you always be happy. Pleasant dreams!

My my, you really do not know me... :laugh:

Anyway, thank you for the night time wishes, and I'm sure that I will enjoy some very pleasant dreams afterwards, laid next to a beautiful Russian lady, in my own bed, in my own apartment...

What will you be doing??

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #464 on: April 15, 2016, 11:39:07 AM »

Oh so true.

Yes  :(

Much, much higher??

Online Texan77

« Reply #465 on: April 15, 2016, 12:48:02 PM »

Anyway, thank you for the night time wishes, and I'm sure that I will enjoy some very pleasant dreams afterwards, laid next to a beautiful Russian lady, in my own bed, in my own apartment...

What will you be doing??

I have very pleasant girl friend in the Ukraine. I do not sleep around nor do I want to. I just bought her an apartment so will likely be working on my next trip. Practical stuff like plumbing and electrical work. We are in the process of trying to decide how much work we want to get done before I get there. So I am not completely sure what I will be doing yet. Likely emotional fulfilling for me but from the way you write not something you likely would want to do.

Online rosco

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #466 on: April 15, 2016, 01:06:49 PM »

FFS Texan....UKRAINE....UKRAINE!!!!

If you say The Ukraine once more you need banned.... :'(

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #467 on: April 15, 2016, 01:09:34 PM »

What will you be doing??

I have very pleasant girl friend in the Ukraine. I do not sleep around nor do I want to. I just bought her an apartment so will likely be working on my next trip. Practical stuff like plumbing and electrical work. We are in the process of trying to decide how much work we want to get done before I get there. So I am not completely sure what I will be doing yet. Likely emotional fulfilling for me but from the way you write not something you likely would want to do.

As I said, you really do not know me.. :coffeeread:

Offline Wiz

« Reply #468 on: April 15, 2016, 03:22:50 PM »
Gipsy

I thought you knew that the whole American economy is relying on exporting debt.

Remember what happened to the European economies when the US banks start selling to Europe all those packages of sup-prime loans?

We had the crash of 2008!

What happened with the IOU’s of California? Ask the American’s to tell you!

Where do you think the ECB found the money to bail out not only Greece but also so many EU banks? How Draghi is financing his QE for ECB?

The US prints Dollars, give them to the ECB and the bank is selling them to the markets is and buying Euro, but these Dollars do not appear in the US budget, neither affect it with inflation, and the dollar at the same time remains strong.

After President Richard Nixon in 1971, unilaterally cancelled the direct convertibility of the United States dollar to gold. the world reserve currency is relying in its reputation, as also was mentioned in that video, in reality is a toilet paper.

Why they killed Muammar Gaddafi and not taken him through the courts, as they did with Saddam Hussein?

What happened to the Libyan Gold that Gaddafi was collecting and was going to use issuing the Gold Dinnar?

Why the Hedge funds of G. Soros etc attacking the China and the Russian economies at the moment, as Soros did to the UK?

I do you think that Putin is stupid when he called them parasites.

Why the Washington Neocons are pushing hard Russia for a nuclear war?

Because Putin is preparing Russia to take over the “Bank of Russia” which is run from the US FED, under the agreement signed with Yeltsin and to keep them quiet, while he was helping Assad in Syria, Elvira Nabiullina, president of the Bank of Russia, was buying US Government bonds. When he is ready, to Nationalise the Bank of Russia, then will connect the Rubble to the Cold standard and the rest for the US Dollar will be history.

Why Kissinger paid a visit to Putin?

Take a look at these:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-04-14/deutsche-bank-found-systemic-failure-behind-russia-cash-flight

http://www.economist.com/news/finance-and-economics/21696946-russian-economy-bad-way-elvira-nabiullina-has-saved-it
Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Offline Anteros

« Reply #469 on: April 15, 2016, 03:51:39 PM »
Putin ordering his pilots to buzz American Destroyer's is not going to cause us to end sanctions on his economy any time soon.

The ship that was in the Baltic Sea? Long way from America and right near Russia. Imagine how the US would howl if Russia started conducting military tests right off the coast of the US?

PS  Good luck with that.  Russia better take a few tug boats.  :ROFL:

Offline Manny

« Reply #470 on: April 15, 2016, 04:10:14 PM »

Well, good luck with your warmongering off the coast of Russia. You got buzzed by Russian fighters and are surprised?

Really, this isnt news. Russia is all over you lot and your aggression. You are lucky the boat is still floating. They could have popped it in a heartbeat and were just letting you know to keep you in line.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Anteros

« Reply #471 on: April 15, 2016, 06:14:50 PM »

Well, good luck with your warmongering off the coast of Russia. You got buzzed by Russian fighters and are surprised?

Really, this isnt news. Russia is all over you lot and your aggression. You are lucky the boat is still floating. They could have popped it in a heartbeat and were just letting you know to keep you in line.

Wow bud, you are really out of touch with reality.  Is the Kremlin now paying you in psychedelic mushrooms?  :chuckle:

(I doubt if either side wants to start WWIII, so lets hope Russia starts respecting rules of engagement)

Offline Anteros

« Reply #472 on: April 15, 2016, 06:36:26 PM »

Oh so true.

The estimate for unfunded liabilities such as Social Security goes as high as 180 Trillion dollars.  It's inconceivable how much debt there may out there in the future.  Why some keep cheering the dollars alleged collapse is mind-boggling.  It won't just be our collapse, if it happens.

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
« Reply #473 on: April 15, 2016, 10:28:06 PM »
http://pro.bonnerandpartners.com/BBLFALLINGDOWN/PBBLRC08?

When the USA catches the Flu the Euroshariastans catch pneumonia.

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
« Reply #474 on: April 15, 2016, 10:32:28 PM »
It’s Too Late For Washington To Reverse Course And Avoid America’s Day Of Reckoning

But it’s not too late for you, As long as you take action right now!

https://orders.strategicinvestment.com/NDPCUR1/ENDPS437/index.htm?pageNumber=2

Enjoy the decline...