The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: De-Dollarisation.  (Read 108229 times)

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: De-Dollarisation.
« Reply #400 on: March 18, 2016, 12:37:59 AM »
The ruble has been moving in sync with oil. Oil has been making a recovery so one would expect that the Ruble would too. Putin has been trying to get Iran to limit out put. China is importing more oil also.

^^^^^^^

Wiz, tells us he learns from his relative - he [ clearly ]  isn't listening..
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline Wiz

« Reply #401 on: March 19, 2016, 06:41:10 AM »
The ruble has been moving in sync with oil. Oil has been making a recovery so one would expect that the Ruble would too. Putin has been trying to get Iran to limit out put. China is importing more oil also.

^^^^^^^

Wiz, tells us he learns from his relative - he [ clearly ]  isn't listening..

Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #402 on: March 19, 2016, 07:01:19 PM »

You sound like a broken record

Better you addressed the point made.. than copying and pasting the scribes of others in inappropriate threads... without even attributing the author's efforts..

Offline Wiz

« Reply #403 on: March 19, 2016, 10:57:31 PM »

You sound like a broken record

Better you addressed the point made.. than copying and pasting the scribes of others in inappropriate threads... without even attributing the author's efforts..

I have already, twice adressed the subject in my posts 384 and 397.

If you did not noticed or understood .... not my problem.  :P :P :P

You still continue playing your broken record about Crimea ............. :Zzzzsleep:
Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #404 on: March 22, 2016, 12:41:08 AM »
Wiz and Moby discussing The Industrial Revolution...

The hilarious thing about Wiz and my 'spats' is he end up lecturing me on historical events that often ends up proving he agrees with me  :-X

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #405 on: March 25, 2016, 06:10:06 PM »

I still take them, but make sure to get out of them fast. I am slowly getting the Chinese I deal with out of the habit of using them.

Manny's started this thread some time ago and as I've been in SE Asia and looked at booking fights to China - wondered why their airline sites default to USD  -  when I was trying to book from a Thai ip address ?... :coffeeread:

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 1-5
« Reply #406 on: March 28, 2016, 11:10:48 AM »
The USD is dead - long live the USD.

Offline Manny

« Reply #407 on: March 28, 2016, 11:18:48 AM »

In Thailand.  :chuckle:
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
« Reply #408 on: April 14, 2016, 10:19:10 AM »
Something to warm the cockles of the RUA feral anti yank waankers mucking here about:

America's Day of Reckoning:

http://pro.strategicinvestment.com/NDPCUR1/ENDPS437/

New Evidence Reveals That a Stealthy Alliance of 57 Nations Has Formed With the Intent to Undermine America. See Who They Are, Their Exact Scheme and What This Rogue Economist is Doing to Prepare for the Inevitable!

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
« Reply #409 on: April 14, 2016, 11:21:03 AM »
Something to warm the cockles of the RUA feral anti yank waankers mucking here about:

New Evidence Reveals That a Stealthy Alliance of 57 Nations Has Formed With the Intent to Undermine America. See Who They Are, Their Exact Scheme and What This Rogue Economist is Doing to Prepare for the Inevitable!

Fear not there is a Day of Reckoning Survival Kit

https://orders.strategicinvestment.com/NDPCUR1/ENDPS437/index.htm?pageNumber=2

Internet marketing that would make Lord Afi proud:

It’s Too Late For Washington To Reverse Course And Avoid America’s Day Of Reckoning

But it’s not too late for you,
As long as you take action right now!

Dear Friend,

There is nothing — absolutely nothing — that Washington can do to stave off the financial bloodshed that will be unleashed on millions of Americans as the dollar is dethroned.

For the unprepared, investment accounts will suffer as the stock market plummets 60% (or more), streets will be littered with foreclosed signs as millions are evicted from their once-cherished homes that were suddenly stripped of 50% of their value, millions more will be decimated as unemployment triples, while those on the sidelines, who think they are out of harm’s way, will be shocked as their life savings are vaporized by as much as 80%.

In over 30 years as an economist, I’ve predicted some of the biggest economic and geopolitical events in our lifetime, but I’ve never been more confident — than I am now — about what’s to come.

Remember, in 1987, I was one of the first to sound the alarm that the Soviet Union was about to collapse ... in 1989, I predicted the Japanese depression that struck just one year later ... I predicted the dot-com crash in 1999 … and I predicted the subprime mortgage crises, along with the collapse of the real estate market, years in advance.

Washington, Wall Street and most of America have ignored my dire warnings; to do it again would be a very dangerous risk to take.

And while America’s day of reckoning is unavoidable, there are practical ways to prepare — at this very moment — so that you can stay safe, and even prosper.

That’s why you are taking action today — and not sitting idly by as everything you’ve ever worked for is stripped away in the blink of an eye.

This is precisely why I have prepared the Day of Reckoning Survival Plan.

It’s the same plan my family and I are already putting in place to stay safe and prosper as America’s day of reckoning unfolds...

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #410 on: April 14, 2016, 11:54:30 AM »
^^ 57, seems like a new product from Heinz...
Bridge is a lot like sex, either you need a good partner, or a decent hand... Woody Allen

Offline Manny

« Reply #411 on: April 14, 2016, 01:34:17 PM »

Interesting video. Most of it like music to my ears.  :-*

Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Offline Wiz

« Reply #412 on: April 14, 2016, 03:58:46 PM »

So we see the last legs of the American Empire, according to the Video, something we were talking ... for very long time now.

Putin was right calling the Empire, Parasites...... and repeated the same today in his interview on RT. Have you heard that the Russian reserves went up, despite the fall in price of the Ruble, oil and gas?

Gold reserve are up again in Russia...... so this time the American's cannot Bankrupt Russia.

Putin warned then already in Munich, in 2006 and he was prepared for their attack.

Where is that friend of yours... the one claiming to be an ex banker? :chuckle:

BTW a Greek economist, Dimitris kazakis, has been talking about it, for 2 years now... but everybody has been ignoring him, especially the Greek TV channels. :nod:

Online Texan77

« Reply #413 on: April 14, 2016, 06:21:49 PM »
Guys you have no idea what you talking about. Maybe you should buy this guys stuff and get rich investing in America collapse.

First thing that would happen if any of this happened is our oil consumption would drop off a cliff and the world oil price would be very low as the US would become an oil exporter. The second thing that would happen is we would be forced to stop importing just about everything. This would collapse China economy more than what it already is. China would have a huge negative trade balance with the US. Dollar trade has been very bad for the US and has killed many of our factories. America product would be the world's cheapest making us a great export nation again. US real estate in most places is already cheap compared to European and many other parts of the world. All kinds of rich people would come here and buy it. The next thing that would happen it would cheap to travel to America and our tourist trade would hugely grow. These guys never tell the other side of the coin. This is just to scare everyone in to buying their information so you save yourselves again scam. This is suppose to start in days.  :ROFL:

If anything this big was really about to happen the US dollar value would be falling off a cliff and it is not. It has retreated a little bit and is still way over valued. You think that most of the world has gotten together to kill the dollar and worlds currency markets does not know about it? This is totally silly. Dream on!!!!

What is much more likely to happen is the next economic cycle will hit and the world will suffer another recession. US growth rates are getting very low and earning reports this month are not expected to be good. But it is not just here, it is most of the world suffering the same problem.
3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Online B.B.

• Supporting Member
« Reply #414 on: April 14, 2016, 07:07:37 PM »
BTW a Greek economist, Dimitris kazakis, has been talking about it, for 2 years now... but everybody has been ignoring him, especially the Greek TV channels. :nod:

One imagines that when a Greek economist talks about economic catastrophe and failure, one should listen on the basis of Greece's experience with same....
Saving the World, One Clue at a Time
If your religion insults my intelligence, don't be surprised when my intelligence insults your religion.

Offline Slumba

• 10:27 AM
« Reply #415 on: April 14, 2016, 08:17:53 PM »
Long term, all fiat currencies fail.

The Yuan will fail; the Euro will fail; the British pound will fail; the Swedish kroner; and yes, the US Dollar will fail.

When, and which will fall first, is the question. The answer is, nobody knows.

In the meantime, many countries are arming or re-arming, EU is about to be flooded with a "Camp of the Saints" scenario, USA will likely have a pivotal election in November, and China has to figure out a workable strategy, while Russia bumbles along on the edge of sanity (like always, really).  Oh yes, Brexit is coming up too...

If you had asked me in 2008 whether I thought politicians and the Federal Reserve would kick the can as far as 2016, I would have said, no way.

As far as de-dollarisation, I think there is a possibility the Euro will fall first, followed by some of the smaller Euro-dependent currencies; only then will the USD fall. The Federal Reserve is driving this and we don't know their itinerary.
Anchors Rewoven

Offline Anteros

« Reply #416 on: April 14, 2016, 08:58:42 PM »

One imagines that when a Greek economist talks about economic catastrophe and failure, one should listen on the basis of Greece's experience with same....

Not so fast.  What is Greece's GDP?  Get the picture?  :ROFL:
Be careful what you wish for, you might get it.

Offline Anteros

« Reply #417 on: April 14, 2016, 09:11:08 PM »

So we see the last legs of the American Empire, according to the Video, something we were talking ... for very long time now.

Keep talking bud.  That's all it is.  Lot's of hot air from "professionals" who try to make a living by saying that the sky is falling.

The only Empire which is on its last legs is the Putin Empire.  I give him a few years.  If a Republican wins the White House and the USA becomes a large oil exporting nation, what is that going to do to the Russian economy?

The Russian economy is already in very poor shape, and Putin ordering his pilots to buzz American Destroyer's is not going to cause us to end sanctions on his economy any time soon.

I really won't be surprised when the Russian economy goes through another huge collapse like in 1990, if Putin and company are begging to sell Crimea back as well as Kaliningrad (formerly East Prussia).

Offline Anteros

« Reply #418 on: April 14, 2016, 09:20:10 PM »

In Thailand.  :chuckle:

It's still one of the currencies used in British Honduras Belize.  It's also the currency used by Ecuador and Panama. 

Oh, and the center of the Universe, the United States of America.  :laugh:

And then there's the fact that it's still the reserve currency of the World.

Online B.B.

• Supporting Member
« Reply #419 on: April 14, 2016, 10:05:18 PM »
Not so fast.  What is Greece's GDP? 

It's a rounding error.  Like, "Oh, look...someone forgot to carry the 7...."

B/B
Saving the World, One Clue at a Time
If your religion insults my intelligence, don't be surprised when my intelligence insults your religion.

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #420 on: April 14, 2016, 11:16:18 PM »
What an odd lot we are!

Imagine, Cuffy and Manny agreeing, but arguing what is the correct way to pronounce a starchy tuberous nightshade popular in chips. With the exception of the paranoid and conspiracy driven hatred Wiz has of United States (policy) we are more or less echoing the same shall we say notes. The global economy is indeed a precarious house of cards and that is being stressed by both different players and forces with divergent goals.

How this will end, my guess badly. It can not go on forever.

If the next president is pragmatic and solution driven than perhaps either Donny and Bernie might be able to address the different problems with a positive outcome. If it is a dogmatic Cruz or Clinton as Commander in Chief than they will be neither Commander or Chief.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Manny

« Reply #421 on: April 15, 2016, 12:08:55 AM »
Putin ordering his pilots to buzz American Destroyer's is not going to cause us to end sanctions on his economy any time soon.

The ship that was in the Baltic Sea? Long way from America and right near Russia. Imagine how the US would howl if Russia started conducting military tests right off the coast of the US?

As for sanctions, Russia now regards them as permanent anyway, so no biggie.

Offline Anteros

« Reply #422 on: April 15, 2016, 12:26:22 AM »
Putin ordering his pilots to buzz American Destroyer's is not going to cause us to end sanctions on his economy any time soon.

The ship that was in the Baltic Sea? Long way from America and right near Russia. Imagine how the US would howl if Russia started conducting military tests right off the coast of the US?

As for sanctions, Russia now regards them as permanent anyway, so no biggie.

1.  The USA does not invade neighboring countries on a regular basis as does Russia (Afghanistan, Chechnya, Georgia, Ukraine).

2.  The USA is the leading member of NATO and is there to conduct lawful military drills with Poland, a country with a long history of suffering from Russian invasions and bullying. 

3.  If and when the USA has a new CIC (Commander in Chief, ie President) with a pair of balls, such reckless and provocative actions by Russia (they buzzed a heavily armed Destroyer 20 to 30 times) will be met with an appropriate response.

4.  Winter is coming for Russia's economy.  Their economy is poor, despite wagging the tail of the dog. 

(and Winter is coming for the US economy as well, due to poor leadership and heavy debt!)

Online rosco

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #423 on: April 15, 2016, 01:03:20 AM »
Guys you have no idea what you talking about........

The second thing that would happen is we would be forced to stop importing just about everything. This would collapse China economy more than what it already is. China would have a huge negative trade balance with the US. Dollar trade has been very bad for the US and has killed many of our factories. America product would be the world's cheapest making us a great export nation again. US real estate in most places is already cheap compared to European and many other parts of the world. All kinds of rich people would come here and buy it. The next thing that would happen it would cheap to travel to America and our tourist trade would hugely grow.

Not really sure thats how economics work Texan. Some of what you say may be true but that doesn't necessarily mean it'll reinvigorate your economy and make you Billy big bollocks again. Most of this stuff has already happened to the UK and we're no power house because of it......

Offline Wiz

« Reply #424 on: April 15, 2016, 01:09:18 AM »

Just for your information, he has worked for J.B. Morgan and he must know something.

I am not an economist but I happen to noticed his comments much earlier before the 1st Bailout and the IMF getting involved. Most if not all of his predictions came true, so far, comparing him with all other Greek economists who are daily in various Greek TV channels..