The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: How does online chatting compare to phone calls?  (Read 1420 times)

Offline isaacwltrs

How does online chatting compare to phone calls?
« on: December 24, 2009, 07:15:23 PM »
I'm new to all this (this is my first post) and I've already wasted a lot of money.  Just started reading the "Russian Bride Guide" which highly recommends getting into phone contact with your chosen lady as soon as possible.  I've noticed that a new service that seems to have been added to some sites since the book was written is that some sites are now offering on-line chatting with potential ladies.  I'm wondering if this is just another way for some of the massive sites to rip you off some more or if this is really a meaningful form of communication.  Are these serious ladies or are they just agency employees trying to keep you on-line as long as possible?  I'm further confused because you can get video chatting at the same time, which seems to show you chatting with the girl from the profile.  Professional daters?  I'd love to get the opinion of some more experienced members.

Thanks,

Offline Herrie

• Tech Group
  • Trips: 10-20
Re: How does online chatting compare to phone calls?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2009, 08:14:37 PM »
I would prefer a phone call over online chatting.

Ask yourself this: If a girl has a normal (9-5) job, do you really believe she has time to go to the agency on a regular basis and have hours of chat/webcam sessions?

Home phone number + cellphone always did the trick for me when I was still searching. Nowadays a lot of girls have internet at home too, so they can chat at home.

Webcams can be bought starting USD 10,- or so ;)

Offline Voyager

• Meмber
Re: How does online chatting compare to phone calls?
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2009, 09:56:41 PM »
I'm wondering if this is just another way for some of the massive sites to rip you off some more or if this is really a meaningful form of communication.  Are these serious ladies or are they just agency employees trying to keep you on-line as long as possible?  I'm further confused because you can get video chatting at the same time, which seems to show you chatting with the girl from the profile.  Professional daters?  I'd love to get the opinion of some more experienced members.

Thanks,

I am dubious of any "agency organised" video chat. It's always better to cut the agency out of the picture, she can certainly arrange to meet you privately on chat, if she is serious.