The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Nataly's pics of pastoral Ukraine  (Read 5194 times)

Offline Nataly2202

Nataly's pics of pastoral Ukraine
« on: December 01, 2008, 07:10:15 PM »
 I was inspired by D_D pictures and decided to download some of my work here as well. They are not as good as D_D's since they were made by a cheap camera and I am not professional at photographing at all, but I really enjoyed taking them. Most of the pictures were made when I went to Ukraine for summer trips.

This is one of the lakes near my house in Ukraine. One day we went swimming there and I picked on these frogs in love.

Picture of the birds was made when I was driving home from Borispol airport.

I found these bugs on the fence by my grandmother's house. I think they look pretty interesting

Kalina at my grandmother's house

Offline ECR844

• Searching for the word I will become
  • Trips: Resident
Re: Nataly's pics of pastoral Ukraine
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008, 07:15:02 PM »
Well done "nataly"!!!! Those are some very nice shots, I hope you'll share more.

Offline Nataly2202

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2008, 07:17:49 PM »
Ok, this post is devoted to the mushrooms found in Ukrainian forests.

This is poisonous, but very beautiful mushroom called muhomor  in Russian.

Muhomor again

I don't know what kind of mushroom it is, but I am sure it is poisonous too

The same kind

This picture is my favorite. These are two little muhomors

Offline Paul

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2008, 07:48:45 PM »
Quote from: Nataly2202
They are not as good as D_D's since they were made by a cheap camera and I am not professional at photographing at all, but I really enjoyed taking them.

Hi Nataly,

thank you for the very nice words. Your pictures are very good, and the most important thing about taking pictures is that you enjoy doing it  :) I love to see pictures of plants, animals, and insects from different parts of the world, so thank you for posting yours.

Offline mirror

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2008, 11:02:18 PM »

This is one of the lakes near my house in Ukraine. One day we went swimming there

Swimming in this marsh?  :o  :rolleye0009:

Offline mobyone

• Watched
  • Spouses Country: UK
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2008, 11:46:23 PM »
Great Shots, Nataly..

Hey Manny, if this keeps up you'll need to buy out flickr.com ;)

This is all "your fault" D_D.. !;D

Let's have more, please.

Offline Jinx

• Watched
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2008, 12:05:30 AM »
 I like her mushroom pics  :)  Her family is obsessed with them, mom and dad argue over which ones are poisonous and which ones they can eat  :chuckle:  Her Dad is always the "tester" of course, but they know their shrooms pretty well, no fatalities yet  :HOSPITAL:

She wasn't trying to steal D-D's thunder, please don't forget his awesome pics here: http://ruadventures.com/forum/index.php?topic=5216.0

She just got excited, so I said "why don't you post some of yours?"  :)

Offline mirror

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2008, 12:08:49 AM »
Поганки,мухоморы,болото,лягушки....а где сама бабка-ёшка на метле?  :evilgrin0002:

Offline Paul

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2008, 03:59:59 AM »
She wasn't trying to steal D-D's thunder, please don't forget his awesome pics here...

No worries Jinx, I'm glad she posted the pics  :)

Have Nataly check out this site http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/  It is probably the best photography site on the net,.. it can be a little intimidating to see all of the outstanding pictures there, but they can also be very inspiring, and it is a great place to learn about photography  :)

Offline Jared2151

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2008, 07:27:19 AM »
Nataly - The picture of the bugs on the fence is worthy of being professionally mounted and displayed.

Great work !!

Offline mendeleyev

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2008, 09:35:49 AM »
Nataly, welcome to RUA!  Great photos. 

Offline Nataly2202

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2008, 04:20:00 PM »
Поганки,мухоморы,болото,лягушки....а где сама бабка-ёшка на метле?  :evilgrin0002:

Бабку ёшку я не успела сфоткать, она слишком быстро летает:)

She wasn't trying to steal D-D's thunder, please don't forget his awesome pics here...

Have Nataly check out this site http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/  It is probably the best photography site on the net,.. it can be a little intimidating to see all of the outstanding pictures there, but they can also be very inspiring, and it is a great place to learn about photography  :)

I checked out the website it was awesome, lots of nice pics there, thanks D_D

Offline Nataly2202

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2008, 04:21:53 PM »
Nataly - The picture of the bugs on the fence is worthy of being professionally mounted and displayed.

Great work !!

Thanks, I liked those bugs too, it sucks I did not have a better camera, because the pic came out a little blurry and unfocused.

Offline Paul

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2008, 07:27:47 PM »

Great work !!

Thanks, I liked those bugs too, it sucks I did not have a better camera, because the pic came out a little blurry and unfocused.

Nataly, if your camera has a manual mode, try taking some "practice" pictures using that mode. The way I would have tried to get a clear picture of those bugs, would be... increasing the aperture number (a large aperture number, gives you a greater depth of field), increased the ISO speed (to compensate for the large aperture setting), and then lowered my shutter speed if it needed to be lowered.

If you look up aperture, ISO speed, and shutter speed on the internet, you can find many websites that will explain how those things work a lot better than I can. Once you begin to understand those things, you can use your camera (and any future camera) to its fullest potential.

Offline Wild Orchid

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2008, 07:55:31 PM »
I don't know what kind of mushroom it is, but I am sure it is poisonous too

I was taught that the pale one with the "skirt" is called Pale poganka бледная поганка. Poganka is translated in my dictionary as toadstool  :happy0023: Is that right? We have a lot of them around, they don't look like mushrooms  :laugh:

Offline Wild Orchid

« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2008, 07:59:28 PM »
If you look up aperture, ISO speed, and shutter speed on the internet, you can find many websites that will explain how those things work a lot better than I can. Once you begin to understand those things, you can use your camera (and any future camera) to its fullest potential.

hmmm.. why didn't you tell me that when I was asking? I have all this functions but didn't have a slightest idea what they are there for  :rolleye0009:

Offline mirror

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2008, 08:20:08 PM »

Бабку ёшку я не успела сфоткать, она слишком быстро летает:)

Да ты шо? Такая молодая и не догнала таку стару бабку?
Ну ты посмотри,а,какие бабки шустрые пошли.

Offline Paul

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2008, 08:30:50 PM »

hmmm.. why didn't you tell me that when I was asking? I have all this functions but didn't have a slightest idea what they are there for  :rolleye0009:

Oops  :innocent: I didn't know that you were that interested in photography, or I would have tried to explain those things.

Offline Wild Orchid

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2008, 08:55:41 PM »
Oops  :innocent: I didn't know that you were that interested in photography,

of course not, I just like taking blurry pictures  ;D Thank you any way. At least now I know what I suppose to look into. I've  already tried to change ISO and see what difference it would make, didn't get much out of it but I din't know what I was doing  :innocent:

Online 2tallbill

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2008, 09:21:27 AM »
Privet Nataly,

Beautiful Photos!

tiphat
FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Registration