The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: To Evpatoria!  (Read 38332 times)

Offline Rasputin

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 10-20
Re: To Evpatoria!
« Reply #100 on: May 13, 2008, 09:09:40 AM »
I do think what Rasputin said was bad advice.

3) I was not desperate and I had young, attractive women vying for my attention when I met my wife.

That is boasting about yourself but doesn't say much. Even a ugly, fat, bald and old guy can have lots of devushkas vying for his attention in Ukraine, local or foreigenr men it doesn't matter, only the size of the wallet. Don't tell me Russia is different :chuckle:

Yes, it is boasting and it also the truth. Fortunately, I am not fat, bald or old and did not rely on a fat wallet to get dates. Truth be told, I did not even buy my wife a gift until two months into the relationship.

But the argument that a guy is handsome and has a very high IQ is used in these forums until exhaustion.
I have to see the first WM on these forum saying that he has an hottie has a wife because of the size of the wallet and lifestyle he can provide.
If he is old and fat it is because of his incredibly high IQ and social skills off course what else :laugh:

True enough. In my case I was extremely cheap when dating (no fancy restaurants, no gifts until well into the relationship, no trips). I didn't promise my wife anything and if anything my wife knew better than to expect a lot financially from me. One of my first dates: taking my wife to go plant some potatoes in a Russian village  :-X If my wife was for me because of "lifestyle" she would have dumped me at that point  :chuckle: As for my life in Canada, it is also very modest. I do not have a rich lifestyle. If she is still with me, it certainly isn't for the money and gifts that I lavish on her. So, clearly, she is with me for something other than a fat wallet and lavish lifestyle.

We already know that you are not fat, old and bald, you can stop boasting about you :laugh:
My statement was not specifically targeted to you or anyone in particular but I would love to find the first guy to admit that ugly truth  :chuckle:

Well, I will admit that the "fat" part applies  ;D I could loves a few pounds (well, maybe a couple dozen LOL). Fortunately, there were other compensating factors other than a fat wallet.  :saint:
"Seems I live in Russia Rasputin visited" - Millaa
"So do I" - Molly35ru

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #101 on: May 13, 2008, 09:19:37 AM »
Before it gets lost in the "gifts" discussion :)

I want to thank you all for the excellent suggestion of perfumes to buy :)
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
« Reply #102 on: May 13, 2008, 09:20:46 AM »

P.S. what type of camera did you use on your trip?

A Kodak C763. :) Not sophisticated, but 7.1 Megapixel was enough for my feeble photographing skillz :)
OO===[][]===OO

Offline Stirlitz

• Commercial Member
  • "Helping People Understand Each Other"
    • OdessaGuide.Net
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #103 on: May 13, 2008, 10:56:25 AM »
I do think what Rasputin said was bad advice.

3) I was not desperate and I had young, attractive women vying for my attention when I met my wife.

That is boasting about yourself but doesn't say much. Even a ugly, fat, bald and old guy can have lots of devushkas vying for his attention in Ukraine, local or foreigenr men it doesn't matter, only the size of the wallet. Don't tell me Russia is different :chuckle:

Yes, it is boasting and it also the truth. Fortunately, I am not fat, bald or old and did not rely on a fat wallet to get dates. Truth be told, I did not even buy my wife a gift until two months into the relationship.

But the argument that a guy is handsome and has a very high IQ is used in these forums until exhaustion.
I have to see the first WM on these forum saying that he has an hottie has a wife because of the size of the wallet and lifestyle he can provide.
If he is old and fat it is because of his incredibly high IQ and social skills off course what else :laugh:

True enough. In my case I was extremely cheap when dating (no fancy restaurants, no gifts until well into the relationship, no trips). I didn't promise my wife anything and if anything my wife knew better than to expect a lot financially from me. One of my first dates: taking my wife to go plant some potatoes in a Russian village  :-X If my wife was for me because of "lifestyle" she would have dumped me at that point  :chuckle: As for my life in Canada, it is also very modest. I do not have a rich lifestyle. If she is still with me, it certainly isn't for the money and gifts that I lavish on her. So, clearly, she is with me for something other than a fat wallet and lavish lifestyle.

We already know that you are not fat, old and bald, you can stop boasting about you :laugh:
My statement was not specifically targeted to you or anyone in particular but I would love to find the first guy to admit that ugly truth  :chuckle:

Well, I will admit that the "fat" part applies  ;D I could loves a few pounds (well, maybe a couple dozen LOL). Fortunately, there were other compensating factors other than a fat wallet.  :saint:
I really have nothing to add, but I just like the increasing count of quotes, like in a matryoshka and wanted to give it more momentum :)
Igor Kalinin
Russian Translator/Interpreter/Guide/Agent for Odessa, the Crimea and the rest of Ukraine
www.odessaguide.net

Offline Wild Orchid

« Reply #104 on: May 13, 2008, 05:38:34 PM »
I really have nothing to add, but I just like the increasing count of quotes, like in a matryoshka and wanted to give it more momentum :)

Sorry to break the party, just wanted to remind others that excessive quoting is not welcomed on all forums.

Offline Stirlitz

• Commercial Member
  • "Helping People Understand Each Other"
    • OdessaGuide.Net
« Reply #105 on: May 13, 2008, 05:43:09 PM »
Sometimes things have to be exaggerated to show they are wrong.
Igor Kalinin
Russian Translator/Interpreter/Guide/Agent for Odessa, the Crimea and the rest of Ukraine
www.odessaguide.net

Offline Rasputin

« Reply #106 on: May 13, 2008, 05:55:13 PM »
Sorry to break the party, just wanted to remind others that excessive quoting is not welcomed on all forums.

I confess that I am guilty of that. Mea culpa. I will do my best to keep this in mind in the future.
"Seems I live in Russia Rasputin visited" - Millaa
"So do I" - Molly35ru

Offline mirror

« Reply #107 on: May 13, 2008, 07:42:01 PM »
Chillidog
as far as perfume, I have always had good success with
Lancome of Paris ----Hypnose
http://lancome-usa.com/fragrance/hypnose.aspx

Oh! another sex tourist? :) Did you have many?  ;D

Offline Wild Orchid

« Reply #108 on: May 13, 2008, 08:41:32 PM »
Chillidog

He could have bought it for his sister/mother/ex-wife/etc... Just recently I bought 2 gifts on strawberry.net.. Am i sex-tourist as well?  :)

Offline mendeleyev

« Reply #109 on: May 13, 2008, 09:47:53 PM »
I think Walmart has a sale on the perfume designed in West Virginia called "Rumantik."  Only $3 per half gallon!

Further proof that Walmart says dollars and scents!   ;D

Offline Wild Orchid

« Reply #110 on: May 13, 2008, 09:55:16 PM »
I think Walmart has a sale on the perfume designed in West Virginia called "Rumantik."  Only $3 per half gallon!

Further proof that Walmart says dollars and scents!   ;D

Not Romantik? Is it some roommate/romantic?  ;D

Offline TomT

« Reply #111 on: May 13, 2008, 11:22:20 PM »

There is a more important issue than the particular brand that you buy: don't wait to bring it with you on your next visit; send it to her NOW. Women like pleasant surprises; don't squander this opportunity.

There is a risk that a postal worker may steal it for his wife/girlfriend/mistress. If this occurs, you will simply have to keep sending the damn stuff until she finally receives one. Fortunately, Hanae Mori is virtually unknown in Eastern Europe, therefore, it is more likely to reach the intended recipient than a brand with name recognition such as Chanel.

Offline ECR844

• Searching for the word I will become
« Reply #112 on: May 14, 2008, 01:28:26 AM »

I guess the members were just unaware that you were making the rules and standards of what is and isn't acceptable "Wild orchid."  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Offline ECR844

• Searching for the word I will become
« Reply #113 on: May 14, 2008, 01:29:13 AM »
Chillidog

That was uncalled for "mirror."

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
« Reply #114 on: May 14, 2008, 01:51:51 AM »

There is a more important issue than the particular brand that you buy: don't wait to bring it with you on your next visit; send it to her NOW. Women like pleasant surprises; don't squander this opportunity.

There is a risk that a postal worker may steal it for his wife/girlfriend/mistress. If this occurs, you will simply have to keep sending the damn stuff until she finally receives one. Fortunately, Hanae Mori is virtually unknown in Eastern Europe, therefore, it is more likely to reach the intended recipient than a brand with name recognition such as Chanel.

I know, her reaction to my roses.ru order was very pleasent  :innocent: I don't want to sponsor the Ukraine postal system, so I sent her flowers which are delivered by the flowershop on-site. :)
OO===[][]===OO

Offline mirror

« Reply #115 on: May 14, 2008, 05:32:30 AM »
ECR844

Pardon me,what did you mean under "That"? Hypnosis?Success?...What?
For your information I like this parfume of "Hypnosis", but not for often to use.
I use pheramon's parfume (covered under Kenzo's fragrance) in most cases when I am with a man. :P

Offline TomT

« Reply #116 on: May 14, 2008, 09:18:15 AM »
I don't want to sponsor the Ukraine postal system...

You are free to set your own priorities, of course, but you should weigh the potential benefits against the risks.

I suppose that you could always retain someone's services to hand deliver it if expense is no object.

Offline Chillidog

« Reply #117 on: May 14, 2008, 09:25:42 AM »
Chillidog

ECR844,
don't worry no offense was taken by me, with mirror's post

Mirror,
I wish I was a sex tourist that way on my last trip I would have gotten some ;)

in all honesty I do not travel to Russia just for sex (I can get it here in my home for much cheaper than what it costs me to travel abroad), I truly travel to learn of the woman and to progress our relationship in hopes that I have found my life partner. The name of the perfume is called "Hypnose" produced by "Lancome of Paris" and my lady friend enjoys the fragrance very much.
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

-Dalai Lama-

Offline Chillidog

« Reply #118 on: May 14, 2008, 09:37:00 AM »

A Kodak C763. :) Not sophisticated, but 7.1 Megapixel was enough for my feeble photographing skillz :)

thanks the one I have used because it is great to travel with because it is small not much bigger than a credit card and about 4 cm thick. it is a Polariod i532 but only 5.0 megapixel. I have been told that the pictures I take all look good, but seeing yours, they to me looked much better and was thinking maybe I should look into getting a newer digital camera. Does yours use only batteries? because I burn up batteries with this camera like it is going out of style when I travel. Going thru luggage control in Moscow on my last trip I had to open my suitecase so they could inspect it due to the massive amounts of batteries I had brought with me. :)
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

-Dalai Lama-

Offline cdrp

« Reply #119 on: May 14, 2008, 09:41:09 AM »

Is there a possibility of sending a gift via DHL or FEDEX?  If so, are these methods as iffy as the unscrupulous postal worker?  Plus, isn't it possible to insure postal items.   

OK, just one more question: how do you pay import tax on items sent from the states.  I would hate to send a $75 bottle of perfume only to have the recipient have to pay an import duty.

Offline Chillidog

« Reply #120 on: May 14, 2008, 09:41:32 AM »
Roses/flowers are 'never' a bad gift or surprise for the lady ;)

-Dalai Lama-

Offline Chillidog

« Reply #121 on: May 14, 2008, 09:48:10 AM »

Is there a possibility of sending a gift via DHL or FEDEX?  If so, are these methods as iffy as the unscrupulous postal worker?  Plus, isn't it possible to insure postal items.   

OK, just one more question: how do you pay import tax on items sent from the states.  I would hate to send a $75 bottle of perfume only to have the recipient have to pay an import duty.
Yes you can use DHL FedEx (DHL is more popular over there) and yes you can insure items thru the USPS but this insurance will only be good while it is in the hands of the USPS once it is delivered into the hands of a foriegn postal office, this insurance or gaurantee is no longer valid. I have sent photo albums and clothes thru USPS , most were delivered very few were not, but I have never sent an expensive item like Perfume this way (always just brought it with me when I travelled) so I do not know the answer or how the import duty would be handled if the recipent would need to pay anything to recieve these items.

-Dalai Lama-

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
« Reply #122 on: May 14, 2008, 09:51:30 AM »

thanks the one I have used because it is great to travel with because it is small not much bigger than a credit card and about 4 cm thick. it is a Polariod i532 but only 5.0 megapixel. I have been told that the pictures I take all look good, but seeing yours, they to me looked much better and was thinking maybe I should look into getting a newer digital camera. Does yours use only batteries? because I burn up batteries with this camera like it is going out of style when I travel. Going thru luggage control in Moscow on my last trip I had to open my suitecase so they could inspect it due to the massive amounts of batteries I had brought with me. :)

The camera uses 1 lithium Ion battery-pack that lasts 5 days in normal usage (2 if you review your photos on the spot excessivly :))
I had to recharge it only 1ce, and the battery-warning light turned on about 4 hours before battery life ended.
OO===[][]===OO

Offline Chillidog

« Reply #123 on: May 14, 2008, 10:27:15 AM »

The camera uses 1 lithium Ion battery-pack that lasts 5 days in normal usage (2 if you review your photos on the spot excessivly :))
I had to recharge it only 1ce, and the battery-warning light turned on about 4 hours before battery life ended.

yea, mine uses 2 'AA' batteries and they run down sooo quickly, in a matter of 1 day I am changing batteries probaly 5-6 times, so either I need to start using rechargable batteries but with this camera I will still probably need 5-6 sets of rechargable batteries with me when I am out visiting the sites, and then recharge them when I get back to the hotel. Or look for a new camera like yours that has a lithium battery  that will last at least a couple of days at a time.

-Dalai Lama-

Offline Wild Orchid

« Reply #124 on: May 14, 2008, 08:49:08 PM »

I guess the members were just unaware that you were making the rules and standards of what is and isn't acceptable "Wild orchid."  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

it was a reminder, not a warning, You can roll your eyes as much as you want, but as a frequent forum visitor i can share my knowledge of the rules - keep quoting to minimum (I don't like to cut them either, but it is easier for others to read), capslocks mean screaming shouting etc, and there could be some others. If you didn't know them, it doesn't mean they don't exist. There was a point at time when I've heard about the rules for the first time, but I wasn't as aggressive as you are.