The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: UK Visas  (Read 414 times)

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
UK Visas
« on: March 08, 2024, 05:07:59 PM »
We had to wait 3 weeks to get an appointment for the wife to make a UK visa. Fully booked with Russians travelling to the Uk for the summer holiday season.

Looks like not much has changed there.
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: UK Visas
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2024, 06:12:47 AM »
Are they still dishing them out then? I thought the sanctions lark had stopped it.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Online Texan77

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2024, 07:38:21 AM »
We had to wait 3 weeks to get an appointment for the wife to make a UK visa. Fully booked with Russians travelling to the Uk for the summer holiday season.

Looks like not much has changed there.

I understand there are a very lot of Russian making money off the war. They might want to spend a little of it.
3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2024, 10:49:48 AM »
Are they still dishing them out then? I thought the sanctions lark had stopped it.

No not much has changed they are still issuing visa's though mostly family visa's. Heading to London next month via Tallinn, Had some hassle entering Tallinn a few weeks back questions and all sorts of shit, basically I was told if I do not have an onward ticket or a copy of ID for anyone Im meeting in Tallinn they will not let me enter..  :laugh:

Offline sparky114

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2024, 08:47:29 AM »

Nope still works, Brought Daughter, Husband and Grand daughter over for 2 weeks at Christmas  :thumbsup:
Just do not ask the costs as it is ridiculous.
Today is only one day in a life of happiness

Mark

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2024, 08:52:06 AM »

Nope still works, Brought Daughter, Husband and Grand daughter over for 2 weeks at Christmas  :thumbsup:

How did they get to the UK ?  We paid just 30 quid Tallinn -London  15 quid St Petersburg -Narva

50 quid each...

Offline sparky114

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2024, 09:03:04 AM »

How did they get to the UK ?  We paid just 30 quid Tallinn -London  15 quid St Petersburg -Narva

50 quid each...

Train to Moscow - Aero Express to Vnukovo - Istanbul-Stanstead
Back = Heathrow - Istanbul -Sochi-Train to home
Today is only one day in a life of happiness

Mark

Online 2tallbill

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2024, 04:20:29 PM »

Train to Moscow - Aero Express to Vnukovo - Istanbul-Stanstead
Back = Heathrow - Istanbul -Sochi-Train to home

Not exactly a straight line.   :laugh:
FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Offline Manny

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2024, 05:34:35 AM »
15 quid St Petersburg -Narva

Is this on the bus?

And what is that experience like?

And how about Narva to Tallinn? Bus again?
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2024, 07:03:28 AM »
15 quid St Petersburg -Narva

Is this on the bus?

And what is that experience like?

And how about Narva to Tallinn? Bus again?

Lux express coaches all ok, Wi Fi free coffee and tea onboard + a small tv screen on the back of each seat.

At the moment the main crossing is having building work and maintenance on the bridge, so you have to walk over the bridge now by foot, pretty fast actually it's faster than sitting on the bus and going through the border.

So each way for example St Petersburg - Tallinn you take the bus to the Russian side of the bridge, get out and walk over the bridge through the two check points once your in Narva the same bus company is there waiting for you to continue the journey to Tallinn. It's no big deal.

There are other companies running busses cheaper than Lux express.

last time I went to Narva I took the train from the Russian side of the border back to St Petersburg , my wife found some cheap tickets  :chuckle: $5 one way on a 2.5 train trip , told me the train station is near the border.. It took me 45 bloody minutes to find it at 4am in the morning, snowing and walking down some old road that had not been tarmac since the Soviet days.. Naaa we will never doing it by train again.. :laugh:

Were heading to the UK next month, bus to Tallinn onward. Return journey were flying to Germany to pick some stuff up then onto Istanbul then to St Petersburg cos we need to be bring lot's of shopping back  ;D

Registration