The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Poll

Do you agree that NATO is a Walking War Machine?

Yes, that's a fairly accurate description
2 (50%)
No, they are there to defend Europe from Russian aggression
2 (50%)
Other -- please explain
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Author Topic: China Calls NATO a Walking War Machine  (Read 224 times)

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
China Calls NATO a Walking War Machine
« on: January 25, 2024, 06:47:34 PM »
China calls Nato a "walking war machine". What do you think?

https://www.newsweek.com/china-blasts-nato-walking-war-machine-1864132

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
Re: China Calls NATO a Walking War Machine
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2024, 08:48:29 AM »
Since Congress isn't giving Biden money to give to Ukraine, Israel and Taiwan, the "war machine" has been slowed down.  :coffeeread:

Online B.B.

• Supporting Member
Re: China Calls NATO a Walking War Machine
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2024, 04:20:55 PM »
China calls Nato a "walking war machine". What do you think?

NATO has been one of the most successful alliances in history.  Very good at protecting its members from totalitarian aggression.  The Baltics (and most of Eastern Europe) is free today because they joined the Atlantic Alliance. 

I would imagine that the Chinese are not fond of the ANZUS Treaty or the US-Japan Security Treaty and USA - ROK treaties.  Or the Rio Treaty for that matter. 

If China has a problem with mutual self-defense treaties then one wonders what China might be planning that would be frustrated by such alliances.  After all, if you do not break into my house, you do not have to worry about my shotgun....

B/B
Saving the World, One Clue at a Time
If your religion insults my intelligence, don't be surprised when my intelligence insults your religion.