The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Putin explains why Russians should not complain about living standards  (Read 211 times)

Online B.B.

• Supporting Member
I sorta want to welcome Putin to the GOP.  :chuckle:

B/B

Putin explains why Russians should not complain about living standards

Putin considers poverty to be a completely normal state for the Russian citizen, as it supposedly provides Russians with the incentive to “climb up” the socioeconomic ladder, he said.

"Why? Because a person needs to climb somewhere by themselves,” said Putin.

“If everything falls from the sky like manna from heaven, they value nothing and, consequently, strive for nothing. That's where the trouble lies.”

The dictator acknowledged that the vast majority of Russian citizens live “paycheck to paycheck,” but noted that leaving this "comfort zone" can be very beneficial.

. . . . .

Saving the World, One Clue at a Time
If your religion insults my intelligence, don't be surprised when my intelligence insults your religion.

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Putin explains why Russians should not complain about living standards
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2023, 05:31:33 AM »
Ah, that well-known publication, "The New Voice of Ukraine"  :chuckle:

I'm sure they'd never take a quote out of context.  :coffeeread:
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2023, 09:16:29 AM »
I always trust every thing I read in the Western Media .. sorry I mean the new  Ukrainian propaganda Chanel  :laugh:

It now includes "The voice of Ukraine" "Ukrayinska Pravda" "Kiev Independent " "General Plotsvo Opinion"  "Men of Ukraine" "Ukraine independent "   :laugh:

I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Online B.B.

• Supporting Member
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2023, 03:38:02 PM »
Ah, that well-known publication, "The New Voice of Ukraine"  :chuckle:

I'm sure they'd never take a quote out of context.  :coffeeread:

I saw that too, but I was more going for the joke.  Anyway, he may well have also; your argument is a collateral attack and does not offer probative value in either direction.

B/B
Saving the World, One Clue at a Time
If your religion insults my intelligence, don't be surprised when my intelligence insults your religion.

Registration