The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Loans and Banking in Russia Today.  (Read 204 times)

Online Texan77

• Trips: 20+
Loans and Banking in Russia Today.
« on: November 24, 2023, 03:26:37 PM »
Read Russian propaganda all you want. Russia is slowly losing ally as it losses influence.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/russia-s-partner-uzbekistan-cuts-ties-opts-for-western-aircraft/ar-AA1kjJyo?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=c84a62c7293e42a58e43a8cfe93638c8&ei=87

Would that be why the Russian economy is running at a surplus whilst the west and especially the US, is further pushed into more debt? Ukraine have lost, the west is looking for an exit and Russia are sitting it out, destroying NATO toys and poor Ukrainians, waiting for their big move.

I'd suggest you start getting used to reality rather than living out a pipe dream, you've been spoon fed by your masters.

Russia hides the real numbers about its economy then issues whatever statement for political reasons claiming to be doing great. The war is why the Russian Rouble is having so much trouble sinking even against the dollar. Interest rates in Russia has been raised to 15 percent to keep the Rouble fr4om sinking even further. If you want to bury head in sand and think everything in Russia is great go ahead. Not my problem.
3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
Re: Loans and Banking in Russia Today.
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2023, 04:25:29 PM »

Russia hides the real numbers about its economy then issues whatever statement for political reasons claiming to be doing great. The war is why the Russian Rouble is having so much trouble sinking even against the dollar. Interest rates in Russia has been raised to 15 percent to keep the Rouble fr4om sinking even further. If you want to bury head in sand and think everything in Russia is great go ahead. Not my problem.
https://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=USD&to=RUB&view=1Y

:drunk:

I don't know where you get your news from but, since the 9th of october 2023, the ruble has been gaining strength against the dollar.

And from the looks of it, the sanctions we imposed upon Russia hit the Euro hard.

https://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=USD&to=EUR&view=2Y

OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2023, 11:05:11 PM »

I don't know where you get your news from but, since the 9th of october 2023, the ruble has been gaining strength against the dollar.

And from the looks of it, the sanctions we imposed upon Russia hit the Euro hard.

No the economy is not great for the average worker in Russia or America. This never ending the ₽ is falling is tiring Tex currencies rise and fall so for 1$ in early October you would receive about 101₽ today it is about 85₽. Turning it around for one ₽ you would receive about ten¢ in October today it about 12¢.

Much like short women as opposed to tall women it is all a matter of perspective and position.

I can not comment on interest rates because I do not know these rates.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Online Texan77

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2023, 05:26:30 PM »

Around October 9 Russia put in currency controls on a number of business and raised interest rates which cause a small rebound in the Ruble. Look at the overall trend and it is still down. Before the war it was 72. Before they2014 it was 30. IN 2008 it was 24. The Ruble when over a hundred to the dollar and Russia had to take emergency measures to stabilize it and those measures kept it from falling more short term. After bouncing off 102 a couple of time it is now 89.30 when I just looked it up. The very lowest interest rate that a bank will pay in Russia is 15 per cent where most borrowers will pay quite a bit more. Higher interest rates will cause a currency to become stronger.
3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2023, 06:51:23 PM »
The very lowest interest rate that a bank will pay in Russia is 15 per cent where most borrowers will pay quite a bit more. Higher interest rates will cause a currency to become stronger.
You just can't get the facts straight eh?

https://www.banki.ru/microloans/catalogue/new_best/?source=y_cpc_74655478_12189796052_38996567882&key=%D0%B7%D0%B0%D0%B9%D0%BC&block=premium&pos=1&region_name=%D0%9D%D0%B8%D0%B4%D0%B5%D1%80%D0%BB%D0%B0%D0%BD%D0%B4%D1%8B&region=118&match_type=syn&matched_keyword=

OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2023, 08:33:42 PM »
The very lowest interest rate that a bank will pay in Russia is 15 per cent where most borrowers will pay quite a bit more. Higher interest rates will cause a currency to become stronger.
You just can't get the facts straight eh?

https://www.banki.ru/microloans/catalogue/new_best/?source=y_cpc_74655478_12189796052_38996567882&key=%D0%B7%D0%B0%D0%B9%D0%BC&block=premium&pos=1&region_name=%D0%9D%D0%B8%D0%B4%D0%B5%D1%80%D0%BB%D0%B0%D0%BD%D0%B4%D1%8B&region=118&match_type=syn&matched_keyword=

While I still know little about interest rates in Russia, every country has two rates; one if you deposit funds on/with the bank and two if you borrow funds from a bank. The difference is the banks profit. Funds world wide will always flow towards a currency/country that’s central bank pays the highest interest rates. That is assuming the currency/country is stable.

Using ‘bank loans’ provided by a so-called micro bank is not realistic or honest. These ‘organizations’ in the United States are called loan sharks. In the FSU they are quite common.

I suspect either Danchik or Steveboy can provide accurate statistics and numbers. This discussion is interesting and worthy of its own topic/thread.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2023, 06:18:39 AM »
Russian Banks are paying 15% on savings now if you invest a few million Roubles into an account , it's what lots are doing. ;D
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Online Texan77

Online rosco

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2023, 04:16:35 AM »
Russia asked many regions of the country to cut expenses or receive lower subsidies.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/putin-s-money-problems-put-him-on-path-to-conflict-with-warlord-kadyrov/ar-AA1kDpvq?ocid=msedgntp&pc=ASTS&cvid=7e60181284794e7584f0172767198b58&ei=29

I wonder if the UK is classed as Russia by these "journalists"? We've been facing large cuts for decades with more coming...... >:(

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2023, 05:22:37 AM »
"But an expert on the Russian economy told Newsweek" - but it doesn't say who. Completely unsourced.  :chuckle:

Normal Tex MSM guff.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2023, 05:49:49 AM »
The Russian State has been pissing money, and it has been distributed among the populace at a prodigious rate. The military budget for 2024 has been announced, and it has increased by 30%.

The result will almost certainly be a retrenchment of the money-pissing policy. However, that does not mean too much.
Why?
Well, of course, much of that money will be spent on wages, infrastructure, and investment in economic activity. So, Russians will earn more money, pay more taxes, and, overall, their standards of living will increase.

The difference will be that, whereas currently, a lot of money is spent supporting the economically inactive, money will now be focused on the economically active population. Not a big issue given that the demand for people to be economically active is high (labour shortage being an excellent indicator).

The only 'leakage' will be that many of the products of the investment will be used on the battlefield rather than adding to the overall wealth of the country.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Online rosco

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2023, 06:07:12 AM »
The Russian State has been pissing money, and it has been distributed among the populace at a prodigious rate. The military budget for 2024 has been announced, and it has increased by 30%.

The result will almost certainly be a retrenchment of the money-pissing policy. However, that does not mean too much.
Why?
Well, of course, much of that money will be spent on wages, infrastructure, and investment in economic activity. So, Russians will earn more money, pay more taxes, and, overall, their standards of living will increase.

The difference will be that, whereas currently, a lot of money is spent supporting the economically inactive, money will now be focused on the economically active population. Not a big issue given that the demand for people to be economically active is high (labour shortage being an excellent indicator).

The only 'leakage' will be that many of the products of the investment will be used on the battlefield rather than adding to the overall wealth of the country.

I watched an interview of a Russian solder yesterday, describing pretty much that.

Aside from the pride that Russia is fighting 54 countries and 14 directly, and still winning, he claimed that life behind the front lines in Russia is little different to pre conflict periods. And all the money being spent on the military etc is generally flowing back out the pocket, awash in society and boosting the economy.

Unlike the western military industrial complex which sucks billions from the tax payer and lines greedy top liners and politicians pockets, never to be seen again. There's a big difference....