The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: New Cars In Russia  (Read 338 times)

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
New Cars In Russia
« on: November 13, 2023, 01:37:36 PM »
I was just having a poke around, as one does, when I came upon this: https://2drive.ru/samye-deshyovye-avtomobili-na-rossijskom-rynke-ekonomim-na-pokupke/

It is an article about the cheapest new cars on the Russian market. German, Chinese, and, of course, Russian.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Bodine

• Trips: 5-10
Re: New Cars In Russia
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2023, 04:57:29 PM »
I was just having a poke around, as one does, when I came upon this: https://2drive.ru/samye-deshyovye-avtomobili-na-rossijskom-rynke-ekonomim-na-pokupke/

It is an article about the cheapest new cars on the Russian market. German, Chinese, and, of course, Russian.

I couldn't open the link from where I am. Pique my interest so I surfed the related topic, and saw this one .

Interesting to see the effect of the SMO and the ensuing sanction to their auto market. The market imploded but then slowly recovered with reduction on manufacturers' product. Mostly Chinese and Russian made cars since March 2022.

China at this time seem to dominate the market.

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2023, 08:35:22 PM »
Good to see the Lada Niva 4x4 still out there in one form or other.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2023, 05:01:14 AM »
Good to see the Lada Niva 4x4 still out there in one form or other.

For those in the free world that can't open the link.

Lada Niva Legend

This is the second cheapest car on the Russian market, and there is hardly any need to introduce it. The Niva has been produced for a very long time, and now Russian drivers are divided into two camps: some love it, while others hate it fiercely. There are, of course, others, but they have never directly encountered Niva. Either way, this epic car remains virtually the same as it was many years ago. Although it was modernized, it did not bring any global changes to the design. Even now, with the renaming to Lada Niva Legend, the Russian SUV has undergone only cosmetic “edits”. It remained uncomfortable, cramped and with an underpowered engine under the hood. However, all this did not make it less popular.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Online BC

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2023, 10:15:10 AM »

Where would that be? opens normally here.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2023, 12:20:15 PM »
Nearly everyone is driving Chinese cars now and nearly every garage has been rebranded as some Chinese car dealership, the main Mercedes dealerships have been re branded with top end Chinese cars, they are every where , most of the taxis are also Chineses cars now..  :laugh:

You can still buy Mercedes and BMW here though. Mate just bought a new Merc last week for 150 grand.

Mid range cars are not so cheap either 20/30,000 quid.
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2023, 06:08:55 AM »

Where would that be? opens normally here.

See Reply #1.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Registration