The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: 2,000 Miles From Home  (Read 162 times)

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
2,000 Miles From Home
« on: November 03, 2023, 08:18:46 PM »
This is the true story of three pregnancies in Ukraine. It's a good story for those who don't understand how a war can divide people and be so dangerous for those just trying to survive and nervous about telling what their loyalties are. And that certainly includes me. I don't think I had thought about many of the things the story brings up, at least not for a long time and not in such detail. The frontline goes back and forth which adds to the complication. Well worth the read.

https://magazine.atavist.com/2000-miles-from-home-ukraine-russia-invasion-war/