The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: the good, the bad & the ugly side of guns/influencers/youtube.  (Read 173 times)

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
  • Trips: 20+
the good, the bad & the ugly side of guns/influencers/youtube.
« on: October 02, 2023, 01:27:21 AM »
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/jury-acquits-delivery-driver-main-charge-shooting-youtuber-rcna118007

The good : I have no idea
The bad   : Youtube
The Ugly : The influencer, the shooter.

Horrific video posted on X , where some man is pulling a prank on a delivery driver.

I'd have acquitted the man on all charges if I were in the jury. But I do think this would/could also have happened in a country with more strict gun laws, because I really DO see the threatening part here. PLUS the man is a delivery guy, how often are they in the news for getting assaulted so ppl can steal the food they're supposed to deliver. (not a thing in Europe, delivery drivers getting robbed is very rare here, frontpage news n stuff.)

Video shows:

- Assailant is reported to be 6'5" , in other words a giant.
- Assailant has been asked to stop repeatedly
- Victim tried to physically stop the action first, by walking away and (trying to) remove the phone.
- Assailant continued his actions.
- BANG
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline Bodine

• Trips: 5-10
Re: the good, the bad & the ugly side of guns/influencers/youtube.
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2023, 05:36:35 AM »
Since summer of 2020, there’s been a spike of criminal activities, some never before seen and it gets bolder and bolder.

In many instances when these criminals are caught, the No bail law we have now adopted allows them to be out the next day if not the same day - only to commit another transgression.

An Amazon delivery truck are now target for looting, smash and grab has grown rampant, home invasion is on the rise, and a growing new crime - dognapping - people walking their dogs are getting assaulted for their dogs then demanding ransom.

There’s so much wonderful activities in our home of the brave courtesy of our ‘progressive, liberal culture’. Thank the good folks like BC for the politicians he favor for these things to take place.

Time for victims of these crimes, like the story above, be afforded the latitude of defense when warranted void of any charges.

Offline Lord of the Dance

• Supporting Hero Member
  • Trips: None Yet
Re: the good, the bad & the ugly side of guns/influencers/youtube.
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2023, 09:26:33 AM »
This is what ugly looks like...

NM state trooper Darian Jarrott executed by an illegal hispanic drug trafficker. (shooting at 8 minutes in). They killed him a little ways down the highway. But the situation with these illegals is totally out of control.

"My soul cries out with a joyful shout that the God of my heart is great, and my spirit sings of the wondrous things that you bring to the ones who wait." - Canticle of the Turning