The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Debate About Living Under the Tyranny of the Trudeau Regime  (Read 542 times)

Offline Halo

Debate About Living Under the Tyranny of the Trudeau Regime
« on: August 13, 2023, 02:05:59 PM »
All Russian websites are available in Canada.   I don't need anything to access them, because no one here cares.  I can access anything I wish.  This is unlike my Russian relatives, who have Russian genealogical website information blocked.  They can access the website, but not certain parts, which are completely available to me.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Halo

Re: Debate About Living Under the Tyranny of the Trudeau Regime
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2023, 03:00:01 PM »
Also, I can criticize Canadian politicians all I like, can say whatever I wish, at any time.  No one cares.  My livelihood will not be threatened.  I won't be stopped by police.  My relatives in Russia first stated it was best not to discuss politics 3 or 4 years ago.  For them, it was back to Soviet times, far before the invasion.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2023, 06:40:35 AM »
Also, I can criticize Canadian politicians all I like, can say whatever I wish, at any time.  No one cares.  My livelihood will not be threatened.  I won't be stopped by police.

Unless you are a protesting Canadian trucker who has the government freeze his bank account.  (:)
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Online rosco

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2023, 09:25:37 AM »
Also, I can criticize Canadian politicians all I like, can say whatever I wish, at any time.  No one cares.  My livelihood will not be threatened.  I won't be stopped by police.  My relatives in Russia first stated it was best not to discuss politics 3 or 4 years ago.  For them, it was back to Soviet times, far before the invasion.

Coming from someone who lives under the tyranny of the Trudeau regime, that's hilarious.  :ROFL:

Offline Halo

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2023, 12:20:26 PM »
Also, I can criticize Canadian politicians all I like, can say whatever I wish, at any time.  No one cares.  My livelihood will not be threatened.  I won't be stopped by police.

Unless you are a protesting Canadian trucker who has the government freeze his bank account.  (:)

It wasn't the protests that were the issue.  The anti Covid protestors had shut down the border in Ontario and Alberta, thereby ensuring vital goods were not crossing the border.  They had disrupted hundreds of thousands of workers and businesses in Ottawa for three weeks.  People in Ottawa who lived close to the protests were threatened.  The noise and fumes from the protests 24/7 ensured they didn't sleep or enjoy their properties.  The government only acted when not only the city of Ottawa, but the provinces of Ontario and Alberta said something more had to be done.

In Alberta, those truckers were armed, and they had plans to kill not only police officers, but some politicians.  It wasn't some benign, peaceful protest.  It was only after four "protestors" were arrested for conspiracy to commit murder (of RCMP officersJ) that the federal government acted.

In my city, the protests were peaceful, and were unimpeded. They were going on into April.  Once summer rolls around, no one here wastes their time protesting.

By law, there was a judicial inquiry into invocation of the Emergencies Act.  I happen to know Mr. Justice Rouleau personally.  He is very much a civil libertarian.  He found invocation of the Act reasonable, given reports of harassment (very common, particulary in Ottawa, where people were terrified to walk past protesters), the potential for life-threatening violence (see above), and the damage to Canada's economy.

You can read all 2,000 odd pages here -

https://publicorderemergencycommission.ca/files/documents/Final-Report/Vol-1-Report-of-the-Public-Inquiry-into-the-2022-Public-Order-Emergency.pdf

Coming from someone who lives under the tyranny of the Trudeau regime, that's hilarious.  :ROFL:

Trudeau has outworn his welcome, but he is hardly a tyrant. 

Given you likely couldn't find Ottawa on a map, why are you making such inane statements?  I find it hilarious someone who genuflects to Putin is espousing on the political system of a country he's never visited, let alone understands.

Nevertheless, please "enlighten" me.  How am I restricted in what I can say?  What I can view online or elsewhere?  What I can read? 

Online rosco

• Supporting Member
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2023, 01:30:09 PM »
Given you likely couldn't find Ottawa on a map, why are you making such inane statements?

Well given that I was in Sherbrooke for a funeral around 10 days ago, seeing off a friend I spent around 3/4 years with in Canada in my early 20's, you'll be wrong yet again Halo. I enjoyed travelling the country and visiting family often.

I find it hilarious someone who genuflects to Putin is espousing on the political system of a country he's never visited, let alone understands.
You look and sound rather stupid. Looking forward to reading your back track though, this should be entertaining  :popcorn:  :pointlaugh: :prophead:

Nevertheless, please "enlighten" me.  How am I restricted in what I can say?  What I can view online or elsewhere?  What I can read? 

You're so far up your own backside, I'm not sure that Newton and Hawking combined could enlighten you. Speaking of censorship, at least when you engage me here, you dont have the power to sensor our exchanges.

Do a little bit of research yourself, google tyranny or dictatorship and Trudeau and read some articles. Consider some of the laws his government have put in place to control people and censor the media and how it restricts Canadians and emboldens his dictatorship.

I aint here to spoon feed someone who won't listen but you can educate yourself.

Offline Halo

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2023, 01:57:09 PM »
Tyranny-government by a ruler or small group of people who have unlimited power over the people in their country or state and use it unfairly and cruelly.

So how, exactly, is Trudeau a tyrant?  He doesn't have unlimited power over people, the country, or the state.  I am free to criticize him, or his government, as much as I wish. 

I apologize for not knowing you were in the country.  But you still don't know it.

Online rosco

• Supporting Member
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2023, 02:52:27 AM »
But you still don't know it.

You say that with authority but how would you know? I enjoying reading about it but I'm also aware of my Canadian friends posts on socials and their one to one discussions.

Is he a dictator or tyrant as we were told Gadaffi or Saddam was? Of course not because he's the poster boy for the globalists and their agendas.

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2023, 04:58:28 AM »

Similar to the UK, your government has banned RT from the television networks.

March 16, 2022 – Ottawa-Gatineau – Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC)

Today, the CRTC formally removed RT (previously known as Russia Today) and RT France from the List of non-Canadian programming services and stations authorized for distribution.

Further to a public consultation, the CRTC determined that the continued authorization to distribute RT and RT France is not in the public interest.

https://www.canada.ca/en/radio-television-telecommunications/news/2022/03/rt-and-rt-france-can-no-longer-be-distributed-by-canadian-television-service-providers.html
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2023, 09:35:56 PM »
Tyranny-government by a ruler or small group of people who have unlimited power over the people in their country or state and use it unfairly and cruelly.

So how, exactly, is Trudeau a tyrant?  He doesn't have unlimited power over people, the country, or the state.  I am free to criticize him, or his government, as much as I wish. 

I apologize for not knowing you were in the country.  But you still don't know it.

Halo must be the dumbest "smart" person to ever post in these fora.

Just read what Klaus Schwab of the WEF says about your children not being able to own anything, or being allowed to have opinions of their own.

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Registration