The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Crazy Times in Our World Today  (Read 1744 times)

Offline Bodine

• Trips: 5-10
Crazy Times in Our World Today
« on: August 05, 2023, 08:34:17 PM »
I think the US war hawks ought to start playing nice from now on. We’re currently messing with Russia, and we are on the verge of tempting fate in Asia with tension emanating from Taiwan and mainland China.

China may have already began their first battle phase on our soil. Crazy stuff, man if true.

https://www.newsnationnow.com/world/china/biowarfare-concerns-surface-with-discovery-of-illegal-calif-lab/amp/

Online Texan77

• Trips: 20+
Re: Crazy Times in Our World Today
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2023, 09:02:17 PM »
I think the US war hawks ought to start playing nice from now on. We’re currently messing with Russia, and we are on the verge of tempting fate in Asia with tension emanating from Taiwan and mainland China.

China may have already began their first battle phase on our soil. Crazy stuff, man if true.

https://www.newsnationnow.com/world/china/biowarfare-concerns-surface-with-discovery-of-illegal-calif-lab/amp/

China has been undermining the USA for the last twenty years. College student and the control of them has been one weapon. Get people hire on at USA companies to steal trade secrets. Buying up USA assets and using them in a way to befit China. Like buy a company, it patents, lay off most of the workers, and move the factory to China. 
3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Online rosco

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2023, 04:18:17 AM »

China has been undermining the USA for the last twenty years. College student and the control of them has been one weapon. Get people hire on at USA companies to steal trade secrets. Buying up USA assets and using them in a way to befit China. Like buy a company, it patents, lay off most of the workers, and move the factory to China.

Yea those bloody foreigners ay Tex. If they're not white they're not right!  (:)

Online B.B.

• Supporting Member
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2023, 08:06:48 PM »
I think the US war hawks ought to start playing nice from now on.

and

So China has illegal bioweapons labs in California and your solution is to play nice with them?

B/B
Saving the World, One Clue at a Time
If your religion insults my intelligence, don't be surprised when my intelligence insults your religion.

Offline Bodine

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2023, 08:48:50 PM »
Yup. It’s about time we mind business at home for a change. We’ve invaded enough countries and killed enough of their citizens so let’s get the moving vans heading home.

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2023, 05:23:15 AM »
Niger seems to be in play somehow too. I am seeing bits and bobs on Twitter, but I don't have a full picture yet.

I read the other day that Niger had suspended diplomatic ties with the US and others, the US is preparing to attack Niger and a US military transporter plane arrived in Benin.

The military coup in the landlocked West African nation of Niger seems to confirm the worst fears of a section of the academic and strategic community worried about the escalation of the US-Russia proxy war turning into a Cold War 2.0, with Africa as its epicentre

Read more at: https://www.deccanherald.com/opinion/a-convenient-coup-in-africas-niger-2635767

I also read that Wagner has arrived there: https://twitter.com/Megatron_ron/status/1688325784698531840

Some background here: https://www.politico.eu/article/pressure-niger-coup-leaders-deadline-ecowas-mohamed-bazoum/

And there is Uncle Sam again hoping to spread some "freedom and democracy". They must need a new conflict now they realise Ukraine is a wash out.

I'm optimistic about my Raytheon shares.

Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Online BC

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2023, 05:45:24 AM »

Undermining?

All considered an impressive, capitalistic enterprise that started out with cheap plastic salad shooters still being sold today on TV infomercials.

Consumers and wholesale/retailers got exactly what they wished for, addiction to cheap quality products by the shipload.  Made in the USA companies and stockholders greedily pushed manufacturing overseas, including all the fancy hi-tech stuff.  This was a decision made by US companies and not some hostile takeover by China.

Priority nowadays is shareholder profit and not investing in the education and retention of US manufacturing workers.  Sadly, instead of plowing profits back into the economy to build a highly skilled and healthy workforce, workers have been dumbed-down to primarily manufacture what is necessary for domestic purposes and can't be bought cheaper elsewhere. 

Offline Lon

Crazy Times in Our World Today Niger
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2023, 11:42:12 PM »
Niger seems to be in play somehow too. I am seeing bits and bobs on Twitter, but I don't have a full picture yet.

I read the other day that Niger had suspended diplomatic ties with the US and others, the US is preparing to attack Niger and a US military transporter plane arrived in Benin.

The military coup in the landlocked West African nation of Niger seems to confirm the worst fears of a section of the academic and strategic community worried about the escalation of the US-Russia proxy war turning into a Cold War 2.0, with Africa as its epicentre

Read more at: https://www.deccanherald.com/opinion/a-convenient-coup-in-africas-niger-2635767

I also read that Wagner has arrived there: https://twitter.com/Megatron_ron/status/1688325784698531840

Some background here: https://www.politico.eu/article/pressure-niger-coup-leaders-deadline-ecowas-mohamed-bazoum/

And there is Uncle Sam again hoping to spread some "freedom and democracy". They must need a new conflict now they realise Ukraine is a wash out.

I'm optimistic about my Raytheon shares.

it is likely to be France going and spreading their democracy instead.  used to be a French colony.  doesn't France still get their uranium from there.  how can France go green without the uranium?

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2023, 05:16:05 AM »
It's going to make their nuclear program harder. Right now many French nuclear plants are mothballed or undergoing 'maintenance'.

However, Niger has not been benifiting from their exports to France as they should. That's got to change.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Bodine

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2023, 07:50:04 AM »
I was listening to Joe Rogan’s podcast with RFK, jr and I often wondered if there’s a politician, or even a nationally recognized individual, who is brave enough to openly expressed the reality behind the Ukrainian war that aligns in my belief.

I heard it from RFK, jr. He just earned my vote.

This is just a snippet of the entire podcast. The entire interview was riveting, not least of which was Covid saga.

I didn’t realize, if this true, that the Spanish flu wasn’t caused by a ‘virus’ in the way they’ve always compared that pandemic during the Covid period.

There were other interesting subjects they discussed too.

Offline Manny

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2023, 12:01:53 PM »
I agree with all of that (apart from the bit about the US only being there because they're super people who don't like to see injustice - that may be so, but that's not why the US is in Ukraine). I didn't know his son had gone to fight in Kharkov, in the, ahem, "foreign legion".

I like most of what I have seen from the guy. But nobody seems to think he will become prez. Like Trump, he doesn't want all this US projection abroad, but those who hold the real power do. They'll nobble him like they are trying to do to Trump.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Bodine

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2023, 02:22:43 PM »
I agree with all of that (apart from the bit about the US only being there because they're super people who don't like to see injustice - that may be so, but that's not why the US is in Ukraine). I didn't know his son had gone to fight in Kharkov, in the, ahem, "foreign legion".

That was a revelation to me, too. Saying his kid didn't let anyone know including himself.

I don't think it was covered in this snippet, but there's a continuing segment commenting about our (US) foreign affairs (sic) of late need to dramatically change. We have successfully made the world associate 'America's image as an *armed soldier*. He reminisced how his uncle's vision during his term was to represent America to the world in a polar opposite of such.

He coined this is exactly what China is doing the world over - building bridges, structures and relationships with other countries while we (US) sends soldiers, tanks, and bombs to destroy. He emphasized especially in Africa and the Middle-East.

He blasted the military industry as Rogan cautioned him and reminded him of the fate that fell upon his father and uncle. (pp) "I'm aware of the danger in what I say..."

I like most of what I have seen from the guy. But nobody seems to think he will become prez. Like Trump, he doesn't want all this US projection abroad, but those who hold the real power do. They'll nobble him like they are trying to do to Trump.

That's exactly what my wife believes. Especially, she said, if he's a Democrat. He won't even pass the primary just like they did with Bernie. If he does, he'll be ( like you said),  'trumped'.

Online Texan77

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2023, 06:15:36 AM »

He coined this is exactly what China is doing the world over - building bridges, structures and relationships with other countries while we (US) sends soldiers, tanks, and bombs to destroy. He emphasized especially in Africa and the Middle-East.

Yea then China leaves them in debt to the point they are worse off than before. China often pays of government leadership brides to build un financially benefiting understructure.  What China does that is good is develop resources to build products to sell to the rest of the world. The USA and Europe buys a lot of those products. The great collapse of this system is coming. The USA and Europe will one day in the not-so-distant future will not buy so many products. China will not need so many resources. South American, African and Asian countries will become poorer, and they too will not buy so many products. European states and the USA will become poorer as they will have trouble paying for retirees and medical expenses. People here want to see the collapse of the west without understanding what is really means. In the end everyone has much less, and many more people will not have excess to health cares and basic necessities to live a normal life. Those here who think everything will be great in Russia are dreaming. It has a worse problem than most countries and this war is making a bad problem even worse. The 2030's are not likely to be pretty.
3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2023, 06:21:52 AM »

Yea then China leaves them in debt to the point they are worse off than before. China often pays of government leadership brides to build un financially benefiting understructure.  What China does that is good is develop resources to build products to sell to the rest of the world. The USA and Europe buys a lot of those products. The great collapse of this system is coming. The USA and Europe will one day in the not-so-distant future will not buy so many products. China will not need so many resources. South American, African and Asian countries will become poorer, and they too will not buy so many products. European states and the USA will become poorer as they will have trouble paying for retirees and medical expenses. People here want to see the collapse of the west without understanding what is really means. In the end everyone has much less, and many more people will not have excess to health cares and basic necessities to live a normal life. Those here who think everything will be great in Russia are dreaming. It has a worse problem than most countries and this war is making a bad problem even worse. The 2030's are not likely to be pretty.

What a wonderful dystopian future world.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Online Texan77

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2023, 07:28:32 AM »
Just too many old people. WE have lived in a world where the population has been growing and now are going to be living in a world where everything is going to be less. Rual Japan in an example where houses are often given away. This is about China. The trouble is it is not just China. It is most of Europe, Asia, Russia, and the USA. Jim Rickards has been down on the USAD and has been claiming life will be harder in USA for a long time. People here like to focus on the USA without taking account what is happening to the rest of the world.

Online rosco

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2023, 02:02:49 PM »
Just too many old people. WE have lived in a world where the population has been growing and now are going to be living in a world where everything is going to be less. Rual Japan in an example where houses are often given away. This is about China. The trouble is it is not just China. It is most of Europe, Asia, Russia, and the USA. Jim Rickards has been down on the USAD and has been claiming life will be harder in USA for a long time. People here like to focus on the USA without taking account what is happening to the rest of the world.

You're such a negative old raptor.

You're just past your sell by date and there was old fossils like you prophesying doom and gloom years before you're old carcass was born.

Offline Bodine

Re: Crazy Times in Our ‘Woke’ World Today
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2023, 08:29:54 AM »
This is our world we live in today under this current administration. The looting the Democrat politicians (which notable members on this board supports. You know who you are ) encouraged and supported in the summer of 2020, including the woke ideology of defunding the police that followed after, had grown in both frequency and intensity since the summer of 2020.

This was from last night. They hit the same exact store a year ago.

This is the America BC envisioned and voted for.

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2023, 12:00:31 AM »
Yup. It’s about time we mind business at home for a change. We’ve invaded enough countries and killed enough of their citizens so let’s get the moving vans heading home.

Two thumbs up!

Offline Bodine

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2023, 06:59:32 AM »
I fully agree with wifey, Candace Owens rocks! She loves this gal and really wish she either runs for office or at the least hold significant position in public service.

This gem is a testament of that. I have never seen Krystal crash before until Candace methodically demolished her.

Liberals often raises the race issue in this country when the real issue of that subject is within themselves. This exchange is a clear illustration of that.

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2023, 08:50:11 PM »

BTW Bodine the video I just posted in the Ukrainian Losses and Nato Losses threads features a quote by Colonel MacGregor who states that these UN-Constitutional wars have accumulated 14 Trillion dollars in debt!

Debt which comes out to each man or woman still working in the USA is equal to $240,000 of debt, on each of them, just for these wars, not for the other liabilities which total what, 31 Trillion and counting? Pure insanity.

Offline Bodine

« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2023, 08:31:02 PM »
 I was digging much of what Nikki Haley was saying until she got to the subject of aid to Ukraine. She even got hostile towards Vivek for having a counter narrative to the point she won’t even let him offer a riposte. It’s good she revealed herself at this early stage.

These idiots really are paid jokers.

At this time I’m considering Vivek and Ron.

For me, it’s difficult to take Chris and Pence seriously.

Online Texan77

« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2023, 10:47:27 PM »
I was digging much of what Nikki Haley was saying until she got to the subject of aid to Ukraine. She even got hostile towards Vivek for having a counter narrative to the point she won’t even let him offer a riposte. It’s good she revealed herself at this early stage.

These idiots really are paid jokers.

Maybe you would rather vote for a democrat? By super Tuesday it will be all over and we will have the republican choice. But I do know if it is someone you like then Biden will likely be president another term. Let's just pretend Nikki Haley won and the choice is her or Biden. Are you going to vote for Biden?

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2023, 01:21:22 AM »

Maybe you would rather vote for a democrat? By super Tuesday it will be all over and we will have the republican choice. But I do know if it is someone you like then Biden will likely be president another term. Let's just pretend Nikki Haley won and the choice is her or Biden. Are you going to vote for Biden?
I'd rather have an orange baboon in charge than someone clearly not in control of their own mental state. I'd never ever vote Biden, no matter the opposition. If the democrats put Biden up for re-election, they will loose.

The president of any country, must be someone that radiates authority, control, wisdom and intelligence.

Trump has authority/intelligence. Biden has none of those 4.
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Online BC

« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2023, 03:28:06 AM »

Any "authority" Trump has is derived as the result of the tyranny of a minority, from his "base" of supporters and sycophants.
If he was intelligent, he would have zero investigations, zero impeachments, zero indictments, and zero arrests.

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2023, 04:14:41 AM »

Any "authority" Trump has is derived as the result of the tyranny of a minority, from his "base" of supporters and sycophants.
If he was intelligent, he would have zero investigations, zero impeachments, zero indictments, and zero arrests.

Trump was elected democraticly, so no minority here. The tyranny of minority is an expression which does not mean 49% of all is the minority, but more like 5-10% max. You're taking an expression too literal here, its not meant as a literal minority, but as an outrageously small minority.

You're confusing Authority with control, and intelligence with wisdom.

Trump was an authorative figure, he spoke with certainty and was clear in what he wanted what he said would happen. But he did not have control, so most of what he wanted/would happen , did never come to pass (the border wall anyone?)

Intelligent people can make decisions that will land them in legal trouble, but it takes wisdom to avoid that. (learn from the past etc.).
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria