The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Damsel in a dress. (UA refugee in Germany). Any RUA members near Berlin now?  (Read 4265 times)

Offline justadude

• Trips: 10-20
I started a thread a few weeks back about girls I met online in ukraine, who expressed an interest in coming to the US. So far I've reached the conclusion that all of them are insincere and/or not attractive to me, with one notable exception.

I came pretty far with one girl I met. We had a video call. I offered to buy her a plane ticket to Oregon. She already had a visa (which she showed me). She also showed me her passport. She provided redacted screenshots of her passport and visa from the Ukrainian Dia app. I also use the Dia app. The screenshots looked legit as near as I could tell. She witheld information due to her fear of online identity theft.

The sticking point came down to the point that she would not provide sufficient details for me to buy her ticket. The only option she was interested in was me sending her money to buy the ticket. This  would break a rule I have for myself (although I have broken it before with a happy ending (ok, the breakup after the 6 month relationship wasn't all that happy)).

During our conversations she mentioned another dude, from Arizona. He was more trusting of her. Anyway, I have contacted her every couple of weeks. Two weeks ago, she arrived in Berlin from Kharkov. She has shared her geo location with me a few times. Of her present location I'm sufficiently convinced. Meanwhile, dude did the best thing, which is to go there.

Today I had a conversation with her while he was away from the hotel. She feels obligated to him, but she doesn't particularly like him. She says he (rather his family) has money. He's a white guy. There are many things she doesn't know, including how much he has spent on her. They have separate beds in their room but they have had sex. Evidently he treats her like property, doesn't let her go out with friends. He has told her he is "taking care of everything" in regard to her travel to Arizona. Among her fears are that he is using her as a sex toy and will not follow through with bringing her to the US. Other fears are that this relationship will always be controlling and unpleasant for her. I told her not to hesitate to seek help from the authorities in Germany and especially the US. I think Ukrainian girls in general are not used to living in a society where they have the rights they do in the US.

Today I told her that she still has options. She asked me what they are. I told her I would buy her a ticket to Oregon, but we didn't get down to the point of discussing particulars.

That brings me to my main point. Are there any members here that are currently in the Berlin area? If we continue to talk and she wants me to fly her to the US, I'll continue to insist on buying her ticket. Perhaps I could send money to an RUA member who could meet with her to buy the ticket. In this way she would not need to share ID info online. ( I'd feel better about getting scammed out of $1000 by an RUA member than a 23yo Ukrainian girl)))

I'd pay you for your service, whoever you are. Anyway, get back to me if you have any interest in helping. And who knows, maybe you'll meet the girl of your dreams and slice me out of the deal :laugh:

two 90 day fiance visas, one 73 day fiance. Lived in Lvov and Odessa for 2 years. California native now on the Oregon Coast

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
There's nothing to be done. She is just trying another gambit to get you to put money in her hands.

Stick to learning how to interact with real human beings. One day you might be able toanage a real relationship.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Online 2tallbill

• Spouses Country: Russia
Damsel in a dress/Swains in distress
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2023, 01:36:25 PM »
Today I told her that she still has options. She asked me what they are. I told her I would buy her a ticket to Oregon, but we didn't get down to the point of discussing particulars.

You can compromise on anything (except character). She is currently banging a dewd
and pretending to have a romantic relationship with him, but ready to dump him for
a plane ticket to see you. That would be a world class/gold metal character flaw.

Go back to seeking a _____________________. You will probably find more honestly
there.

FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Online Faux Pas

That brings me to my main point. Are there any members here that are currently in the Berlin area? If we continue to talk and she wants me to fly her to the US, I'll continue to insist on buying her ticket. Perhaps I could send money to an RUA member who could meet with her to buy the ticket. In this way she would not need to share ID info online. ( I'd feel better about getting scammed out of $1000 by an RUA member than a 23yo Ukrainian girl)))

I'd pay you for your service, whoever you are. Anyway, get back to me if you have any interest in helping. And who knows, maybe you'll meet the girl of your dreams and slice me out of the deal :laugh:

That's me! I am in Berlin. Send the money to me plus my fees  :8)

Offline justadude

That's me! I am in Berlin. Send the money to me plus my fees  :8)

Give me your cashapp and it will be on it's way! :)
two 90 day fiance visas, one 73 day fiance. Lived in Lvov and Odessa for 2 years. California native now on the Oregon Coast