The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Do you run into UA girls looking to visit the US as a refugee?  (Read 3144 times)

Offline BelleZeBoob

Re: Do you run into UA girls looking to visit the US as a refugee?
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2023, 07:08:34 AM »

...  A mature wise man realizes the odds of her becoming a single hypergamous Green Card girl and dumping you for the first bigger better deal than you she finds here in the USA where her SMV pegs the 10 point scale (Younger, Harder, Richer more exciting man than you etc etc) are as high as 99% after her 2 year Green Card wait - many just find a younger better man to marry her and keep her in the USA and dump you like an old pair of shoes as the Green Card MULE she used you for.

Also enjoyed that post by cufflinks.

One thing from my female immigrant perspective. Cufflinks wrote that immigrant women just find a better man to marry while in the US.

Marry? Why marry a woman if she is already here, and does not need a marriage to stay in the West? Why not just date her, and enjoy her company, her care and feelings for you?

On a Russian immigrant board, I have read that Russian women may have male friends and admirers who prefer seeing them may be once a week, but would not marry them. Reasons for that tendency were not mentioned. An implication was, likely typically for a Russian mind, 'we don't tell you why, you should know why'.
Men are like Bluetooth: he is connected to you when you are nearby, but searches for other devices when you are away.
Women are like Wi-Fi: she sees all available devices, but connects to the strongest one.

Offline 2tallbill

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2023, 02:22:31 PM »

Also enjoyed that post by cufflinks.

One thing from my female immigrant perspective. Cufflinks wrote that immigrant women just find a better man to marry while in the US.

Marry? Why marry a woman if she is already here, and does not need a marriage to stay in the West? Why not just date her, and enjoy her company, her care and feelings for you?

On a Russian immigrant board, I have read that Russian women may have male friends and admirers who prefer seeing them may be once a week, but would not marry them. Reasons for that tendency were not mentioned. An implication was, likely typically for a Russian mind, 'we don't tell you why, you should know why'.

Many American men, ask me one of three questions.
1. How do I find a Russian wife like yours?
I tell them it's much more difficult then you can imagine.
To explain to an American man everything that I did would take hours.
It's not worth explaining because they will never do it.

2. How do I find a Russian girlfriend like your wife?
I tell them it's impossible. They would need to find a local Russian girl or move
to Russia. Back when I was single I dated many local Russian girls. Nearly every
one of them was still jaded or damaged some way from their previous marriage.
One girl previously had an educational visa and converted it somehow to a
greencard. She was slim and tall, but she thought that she was much better
looking than she was. She had very little personality as well.

3. Will your wife fix me up with a friend of hers?
I will always say, NO!
My wife would always select her friend that needs a man the most or
who she misses the most. Rather one that looks hot enough and knows
English well enough for a man to jump through all the hoops needed to
visit Russia or to win a girls heart or the one thousand other things that
a man must do to marry a Russian woman.

FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Offline justadude

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2023, 12:26:48 PM »
I've joined a couple of dating sites so can answer my own question with some limited data. In searching the Kharkov area I've seen no profiles that mention anything about an interest in U4U or leaving Ukraine. However, I have had a handful of conversations with profile owners about this subject. One went so far as a video call but that will be the end of it. Predictably, the topic appears to be of less interest to girls from Odessa. I have not yet tried Kiev, but I expect an Odessa like lack of interest. Kharkov would be the sweet spot in my opinion.

I'm encouraged enough not to give up on this line of inquiry.
two 90 day fiance visas, one 73 day fiance. Lived in Lvov and Odessa for 2 years. California native now on the Oregon Coast