The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: The Coming Collapse of the Air Travel Industry  (Read 443 times)

Offline Wiz

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
The Coming Collapse of the Air Travel Industry
« on: August 01, 2022, 06:17:02 PM »
The Coming Collapse of the Air Travel Industry

Food production and the fossil fuel industries are not the only ones on the globalists' chopping block. Last weekend I was invited to a zoom call with the German firebrand MEP Christine Anderson who gave us a brief report about the recent vote in the EU parliament to extend the Covid pass requirement for another year.

The parliament voted in favor of the extension in plenary session in spite of the fact that the measure is wholly useless and unjustified - to say nothing of the fact that 99% of Europeans are opposed to it. Mrs. Anderson's explicit assessment on the matter was that EU's democracy is a sham and a fraud. The plenary never debated the measure - they simply took the vote. Why the majority of MEPs voted in favor is entirely a mystery, and a sinister one at that.

But perhaps the most interesting and unexpected part of the 3 hour long call was about the airline industry. Three of the participants on the call had deep inside knowledge of the airline industry (one of them a pilot) who said in no uncertain terms that the industry is now being systematically and deliberately demolished. Apparently, the ultimate purpose is to kill airline travel altogether. The three participants asked that their names not be used, but they seemed exceptionally well informed and entirely credible. At any rate, the news flow has pretty well corroborated their claims.

READ THE WHOLE ARTICLE HERE:

It's just a bloody disaster

tiphat
Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Offline Manny

Re: The Coming Collapse of the Air Travel Industry
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2022, 08:36:00 AM »
Apparently, the ultimate purpose is to kill airline travel altogether.

It does look to me like there is a shift afoot that may see off much budget travel. If it becomes too expensive and too much of a faff for the poor to travel, that may appease the climate fanatics for a while. People will soon tire of waiting three hours in an airport to check in, having their cases vanish, and be subject to silly rules in places they travel to.

All the folks on Easyjet, Ryanair, and suchlike, packed in like sardines, hopping off for their all-inclusive, vomitfest week in a cheap Spanish coastal resort for £400 each may become a thing of the past.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Online Texan77

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2022, 09:00:35 AM »

All the folks on Easyjet, Ryanair, and suchlike, packed in like sardines, hopping off for their all-inclusive, vomitfest week in a cheap Spanish coastal resort for £400 each may become a thing of the past.

Yea less people who can afford to fly at any price with higher fares will add up to much less travel. I bet cruise ships do not do well neither. This was something I never understood why someone would want to stay in an extremely small box tucked into a tourist trap to be let off in a port for a few hours which has become another tourist trap. With the war in Ukraine and possible electricity outages, gasoline and natural gas shortages does anyone even feel like travel. Then to top it off Covid-19 is still around. I know someone who is just now getting over it and was quite sick.
3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Offline Danchik

• Russia Guru
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2022, 09:14:09 AM »
Nevertheless, I did notice that "they" eased restrictions for airplane parts to Russia a week or so ago when they also agreed to ship foodstuff to some areas desperately in need..

Maybe they want some of their planes back.  :chuckle:
When it is dark enough, men see the stars.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2022, 09:39:18 AM »
I expect that we will see the demise of short haul flights. They have a disproportionate effect in terms of pollution.

It is often better to choose a train or bus for many short haul journeys when the total travel time is considered. In Europe there are clear moves in this direction and those moves have my support.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Wiz

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2022, 10:13:20 AM »
Apparently, the ultimate purpose is to kill airline travel altogether.

It does look to me like there is a shift afoot that may see off much budget travel. If it becomes too expensive and too much of a faff for the poor to travel, that may appease the climate fanatics for a while. People will soon tire of waiting three hours in an airport to check in, having their cases vanish, and be subject to silly rules in places they travel to.

Manny I see you have joined the club of the Davos masters .... and also have joined the Aristocaracy of the Tory party, forgeting your rootes. i don't foget my roots neither pretend to be something I don't belong to!

Do you really think the cost of flight for a holiday of £400 has changed so dramaticaly in 1-2 years time or the cost of fuel has increased becaus eof extra costs......produsing it.....etc  or it is the virus of the market aggressive animals who don't really know anything about real Life?

Don't forget the industrial roots of England. More after I read your reply!  Garden time now to listen news.. about Pelosi and the American shite.....stiiring things in Kossovo and Albania.

:coffeeread:
Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Offline Wiz

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2022, 01:17:17 PM »
" The lady is not up for turning.......you turn if you wish!"  M. Thacher.......

The current idol Lady for the Tories  she just has made a huge turn around on a proposed policy of taxing and not an apology.... following the typical behaviour of her friend PM Boris...... :sick0012:!

On the other hand do take a look of teh oil companies profits.......

BP profits for the previous quarder of the Year was £ 6.9 Bilions. Just reading that back in 2008 the cost of oil was $147 per barrel......... and we were paying....£1.04 per gallon.

Today in my area we pay is around £1.90.    As you know tell me why do we have so high prices?

Just for your information the airlines before starting selling any flight first they have to acquire the flight slot in bothe airports......Dep and arrival, otherwise they cannot fly. Where they find the Slots and buy them from? The airports.....

In that case is it the airlines at fault that the British airports do not have enough trained staff to handle the passengers?

Well when Covid 19 kept us locked at home for 2 seasons, the air traffic was reduced ...... but when finally we were given the freedom to travel under rules, what did you expect?

I can predict, except of Force Measure circumstances, soon the cost of holidays will be reduced....... Not everybody would be able to afford the high prices.........so the holiday companies will be flexiple as always.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2022, 01:30:17 PM »
If oil companies maintain a fixed profit margin (and over time they tend to do so) during high price periods they will, of course make more profit.

As you should know, taxation is the biggest part of the cost of petrol and diesel in the UK. The government is enjoying a windfall too. Their windfall is far greater than that of the oil companies for a litre of fuel.

The government will also take a windfall when the increased profits are taxed. Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

Airlines will be hedging their fuel costs to, at least, even out prices over the medium term. I've been buying flight tickets and seen no fuel surcharges yet which suggests that they are successfully hedging and thus maintaining margins.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Manny

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2022, 01:43:17 PM »
before starting selling any flight first they have to acquire the flight slot in both airports......Dep and arrival, otherwise they cannot fly. Where they find the Slots and buy them from? The airports.....

Correct me if I am wrong, Wiz. But I seem to recall from Branson's first book that airlines can essentially trade slots with each other. One of his big coups was getting some BA slots, it's what led to the rise of Virgin Atlantic. But it was years ago I read the book, and your memory of the travel industry that you were in might be able to clarify.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Wiz

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2022, 06:47:52 PM »
before starting selling any flight first they have to acquire the flight slot in both airports......Dep and arrival, otherwise they cannot fly. Where they find the Slots and buy them from? The airports.....

Correct me if I am wrong, Wiz. But I seem to recall from Branson's first book that airlines can essentially trade slots with each other. One of his big coups was getting some BA slots, it's what led to the rise of Virgin Atlantic. But it was years ago I read the book, and your memory of the travel industry that you were in might be able to clarify.

You are correct... airlines trade slots and those years BA wanted to reduce their number of Jumbo at Gatwick and also reduce the slots of British Airtours holiday & charter planes to concentrade to Heathrow.

Registration