The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: NFT Girlfriends?  (Read 840 times)

Offline Grumpy

NFT Girlfriends?
« on: January 22, 2022, 05:07:42 PM »
Want to pay hard cash for customizable avatars of slender, perfectly coiffed cartoon girls that you can see ‘exclusive’ nudes of? Welcome to the latest wrinkle in the bonkers world of NFTs

On its face, one of the newest NFTs (non-fungible tokens) on the Ethereum network is innocuous enough: Avatars of women, each adorned with differing hairstyles, makeup and clothing, gazing ahead with a neutral expression. But then you realize the NFTs are dubbed “Meta Girlfriends,” and the underlying philosophy of the project becomes a little clearer.

“Meta Girlfriends represent the mature side of NFT Art,” the homepage boasts. “They are randomly generated using over 600 traits, across 20 categories, to guarantee each one comes with a unique personality.”

https://melmagazine.com/en-us/story/meta-girlfriends-nft

"Politicians are like prostitutes, they go with whoever pays the most money."
Donetsk separatist fighter

Offline Lord of the Dance

• Supporting Hero Member
  • Trips: None Yet
Re: NFT Girlfriends?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2022, 11:28:14 PM »
That's just bizarre.

I'm not the luckiest guy on the block, but my god, if you're paying for pictures of a cartoon you're not losing, you've already lost.
"My soul cries out with a joyful shout that the God of my heart is great, and my spirit sings of the wondrous things that you bring to the ones who wait." - Canticle of the Turning

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2022, 10:04:03 AM »
I'm not the luckiest guy on the block, but my god, if you're paying for pictures of a cartoon you're not losing, you've already lost.

I was reading an article in the Times this morning about the Metaverse. It strikes me that will soon be replete with all kinds of transactions based on fiction and cartoons.

Maybe certain types of blokes no longer need to pretend they talking to a woman in Odessa and can just go straight to the cartoon/avatar/imaginary world instead? After all, many of them live in fantasy land anyway.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline NS1

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2022, 10:07:32 AM »
Sorry thats just weird. How pathetic is your life you need to do this.

I guess that is the internet today, can buy anything you want
even if its not real, but make you fell like it is, folks need to get out more.
There is nothing permanent except change.

Online 2tallbill

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2022, 12:04:27 PM »
After all, many of them live in fantasy land anyway.

I have never heard about a group of men, called incel's meaning "involuntary celibate's."
A poster at another place started complaining about Western women and life in general
and was called an incel by another member.

I asked WTF is an incel and I was told about a whole internet filled with mothers basement
dwellers and other shut ins, who blame their lot in life on a multitude of outside forces.

Incelosphere
The collection of communities, vlogs and blogs where incels gather is called the incelosphere. The people who frequent the incelosphere communities are called incelospherians and cybercels. Subjects related to the incelosphere are deemed incelospherian.

https://incels.wiki/w/Incelosphere
FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Offline Grumpy

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2022, 01:07:00 PM »
For those who don't care for women, there is "bored ape nfts"

https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2022/jan/04/bored-ape-nft-art-eminem

It isn’t art that’s being sold here but attitude. The attitude says it all. Bored, emptied out, wrecked, and proud of it. That’s how the NFT art investors all feel, apparently. And so they should. NFTs are not good for art. They are not liberating for artists. Instead, as the Bored Ape Yacht Club makes horribly obvious, they serve nothing but money. They are just simian poker chips that celebrate the thrill of the market. A purer form of capitalism has never existed.
"Politicians are like prostitutes, they go with whoever pays the most money."
Donetsk separatist fighter

Registration