The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Coldest Place on Earth  (Read 584 times)

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
Coldest Place on Earth
« on: January 02, 2022, 10:25:43 AM »
This little town in Siberia has 547 residents. Not sure why anyone would want to live there and not move to a larger warmer city. But apparently they do.

How the road there was built is very macabre. You can learn about it by watching. Much more pleasant is about 11 minutes in when he goes on a ride with reindeer pulling the sled to a fishing hole.

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Coldest Place on Earth
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2022, 10:49:38 AM »
What an amazing video! I will try to not moan about cold weather anymore.

For what it is worth in The United States and once in Zhytomyr I have been in -24 Celsius. The ice at the lake would crack and it sounded like a cannon shot.

What is the expression cold enough to freeze the tits on a witch. Somehow this sounds like a normal day for Nancy P.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2022, 01:43:01 PM »

For what it is worth in The United States and once in Zhytomyr I have been in -24 Celsius. The ice at the lake would crack and it sounded like a cannon shot.

What is the expression cold enough to freeze the tits on a witch. Somehow this sounds like a normal day for Nancy P.

Did you see the part about the fact that none of the houses have running water and a toilet that flushes? Now imagine needing to walk out to the outhouse and it's -50 degrees!  :laugh:

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2022, 05:57:57 PM »

Did you see the part about the fact that none of the houses have running water and a toilet that flushes? Now imagine needing to walk out to the outhouse and it's -50 degrees!  :laugh:

I would just make a golden stalagmite.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2022, 09:01:00 PM »

I would just make a golden stalagmite.

In order to do that you're still going to be going outside which means you will be freezing your balls off!  :chuckle: