The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: First trip to meet a Ukrainian woman  (Read 946 times)

Offline SeanUK

• Spouses Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 1-5
First trip to meet a Ukrainian woman
« on: November 03, 2021, 03:02:34 PM »
Hello everyone, this is my first message here, but I have been reading this forum for a while, some years ago.  Thanks in advance to the people who make it possible.

I joined Elenas Models in the summer of 2020. I've been testing other sites recommended here, but I didn't have enough time to evaluate.
Basically, my opinion on the site is great.
I recently met someone in the fall that I really connect with. After several “not for me” girls. And conversations that really went nowhere. I must say. Take the time to learn their culture. I’m even learning their language. I also think some guys are chasing someone out of their league. Same same goes there how it is here. These women are smart, have careers and are very family oriented. If you have no interest in her family, then just forget it.
She really likes that. Anyways, we really hit it off. We have many same interests. We moved our conversation to WhatsApp where we text a lot and video calls. She is fair in her English. She is in the process of teaching her 6 year old daughter English. I sent them gifts for their birthday. But it arrived early on Sept 4. She waited until we could video call to open the gifts. It’s been great.
I am planning a trip to Ukraine and landing at Kiev. She plans on meeting me at the airport. So hopefully this will happen the first week of December. It’s covid pending with travel restrictions.

I will keep you posted after my visit to Ukraine in December. For newbies; never give up.
Just my 2 cents here.

Online Wiz

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: First trip to meet a Ukrainian woman
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2021, 03:28:23 PM »
Good Luck and have a nice time........Kiev is a nice place......to visit.

Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Offline AJ

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2021, 08:09:09 PM »
As an old married guy :)

I wish you good luck.!

I'd advise you  both to keep you expectations tempered ,its just a first meeting.Meeting in person is just the very merest of beginnings of where the rubber meets the road.

Keep it simple,relatively light hearted , and see where  it leads .
It's fundamentally a first date regardless months or a year of long distance communication .

Don't rush things and  enjoy
the travel and experience.

Offline redroo

• Spouses Country: FSU
  • Trips: Semi-Resident
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2021, 09:34:14 PM »
Hi Sean, welcome to the zoo :-)
Glad you have moved your contact into the "off site" free video chat arena. As stated above, temper your expectations no matter how intense your pre-arrival chats, and apparent connection. Good on you for making the move to make an early visit for together time face to face. If she is letting her child to meet you do not forget she is assessing you as a "father", not just a potential partner.
Good luck

Online Wiz

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2021, 10:06:27 PM »
From another old married man........who has visited both, Ukraine and Russia.......

Don't forget to be prepared, just in case, if she ask you to pass an MOT....
make sure to have some condoms in your pocket!

Sure enough she will let you know...... for the test, and don't be pushy!
Have a nice time!

:coffeeread:

My Russian Love affair!
Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Offline SeanUK

• Spouses Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 1-5
Re: First trip to meet an Ukrainian woman
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2021, 09:12:38 AM »
Thanks for all the feedback received!
I am 53 years old, divorced, and 2 kids living with my ex-wife.
I found an Ukrainian woman from Kiev 39 y.o , living with a 6 y.o. daughter.  We have plans together.
I'd like to help newbies as me. This is possible, but it's a long journey. Russian dating definetly is not easy. 
Over the past years, I created my own list of sites, where I have been able to meet real women and a few scammers who can be easily avoided. In my own experience, I recommend it personally, but it does not mean that it works for everyone.
Elenasmodels.com
Mamba.ru
Loveplanet.ru
Tau2.com
Russianwomen.eu
If someone wants to add more Russian and Ukrainian dating sites of your preference, you are welcome. l hope it helps.
I will keep you informed of my first trip in Ukraine :)

Offline NS1

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2021, 02:29:04 AM »
Welcometo RUA,  good luck with your future Trip.
There is nothing permanent except change.

Offline justadude

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2021, 11:07:34 AM »
Good luck Sean. I wish you the best. Undoubtedly I'll still be in Ukraine when you get here, albeit not in Kiev. I have no advice, as I'm a failure at this stuff, but I hope it goes great for you!
two 90 day fiance visas, one 73 day fiance. Lived in Lvov and Odessa for 2 years. California native now on the Oregon Coast

Offline Valenki

• Spouses Country: Czecho-SLOVAKIA
Re: First trip to meet an Ukrainian woman
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2021, 09:16:48 PM »
Thanks for all the feedback received!
I am 53 years old, divorced, and 2 kids living with my ex-wife.
I found an Ukrainian woman from Kiev 39 y.o , living with a 6 y.o. daughter.  We have plans together.
I'd like to help newbies as me. This is possible, but it's a long journey. Russian dating definetly is not easy. 
Over the past years, I created my own list of sites, where I have been able to meet real women and a few scammers who can be easily avoided. In my own experience, I recommend it personally, but it does not mean that it works for everyone.
Elenasmodels.com
Mamba.ru
Loveplanet.ru
Tau2.com
Russianwomen.eu
If someone wants to add more Russian and Ukrainian dating sites of your preference, you are welcome. l hope it helps.
I will keep you informed of my first trip in Ukraine :)
So actually, you are just PR-ing.
Free The Peoples Republics of Lugansk and Donetsk!