The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: How much of the info here is still valid?  (Read 6712 times)

Offline alex1010

• Trips: None Yet
How much of the info here is still valid?
« on: September 05, 2021, 07:11:24 PM »
I found this forum and started reading thru some topics, and while there is a LOT of information here I found that a lot of posts are really old, like over a decade. Obviously many things change, how do I as a newbie know what information is still accurate today and what I should discard? I don't want to waste time reading posts that are no longer relevant. Where should I start if I want to meet a lady from Russia today in 2021?

Offline BillyB

• Trips: 10-20
Re: How much of the info here is still valid?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2021, 07:20:08 PM »
I found this forum and started reading thru some topics, and while there is a LOT of information here I found that a lot of posts are really old, like over a decade. Obviously many things change, how do I as a newbie know what information is still accurate today and what I should discard? I don't want to waste time reading posts that are no longer relevant. Where should I start if I want to meet a lady from Russia today in 2021?

Welcome to the forum Alex. It may be better for you to tell us what information you're looking for and some of our responses may or may have not changed from 10 years ago.
Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776. If you want to stop the war in Ukraine, fix elections, stop medical tyranny and forced vaccinations, lower inflation and make America and the world a better place, get Trump back into power. The Democrats and Republicans have shown they can't do the job. They are good at robbing us and getting people killed in non stop wars.

Offline alex1010

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2021, 07:28:22 PM »
Hi Billy basically I want to know how to start and how to find genuine ladies looking for a serious relationship, as opposed to scammers. For example if I google "russian dating" hundreds of websites show up, but I'm sure the majority of them are scams.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2021, 11:49:17 PM »

Steveboy has an agency and he's been here a long time which couldn't happen if he did people wrong. Check him out.

I'd avoid pay to play sites. You can go through lots of money quick and you may be trading love letters with Igor, the employee of the month.

Free sites don't take your money but lots of scammers there but don't let that discourage you. Scammers aren't any worse than marrying the wrong woman who'd clean you out more than a scammer would. We all had to navigate through scammers and incompatible women to find the ONE. Don't be discouraged. Enjoy the adventure regardless of the setbacks.

When communicating with the ladies, move past messages towards phone calls and video calls. Build a relationship before visiting. You may find one or a few ladies thrilled to hear your voice and see your face. Don't visit anybody that's not thrilled with you.
Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776. If you want to stop the war in Ukraine, fix elections, stop medical tyranny and forced vaccinations, lower inflation and make America and the world a better place, get Trump back into power. The Democrats and Republicans have shown they can't do the job. They are good at robbing us and getting people killed in non stop wars.

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2021, 01:45:52 AM »
When communicating with the ladies, move past messages towards phone calls and video calls. Build a relationship before visiting. You may find one or a few ladies thrilled to hear your voice and see your face. Don't visit anybody that's not thrilled with you.
I'd do it the other way around. Send only a few messages, switch to video-chat asap, and if you like the lady plan a trip within months of first-contact.
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline Wiz

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2021, 03:11:27 AM »

First welcome to the board and I would like to ask you:

Why did you decided to look and find a woman from a foreign Eastern country?

I don't know your country but I wonder..... don't you have many good looking women there?

I am sure if you look around the board you will find plenty of useful posts..... to educate your self on the subject "Finding a woman in  a foreign country"!

Talking from personal experience, I can assure you that today's living conditions in the EX USSR countries are not the same as 20 years ago, when many of us were looking to find a woman over there. !

As you must know already, travelling conditions today, due to the pandemic, has changed dramatically....and costs have doubled to say the least!

Start reading and educating yourself on the subject "Finding a woman on a foreign country" before you start paying lot's of money to dating sites and the scammers.

I am sure everybody here will help you in your adventure.....if you ask but it will be very helpful if you introduced your self first!

tiphat

Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2021, 03:52:31 AM »
Well for any new members it is pretty important to put your age..

Cos it works like this when it comes to chances of marrying a Russian girl..

Under 40 = Little chance BUT its not impossible! You can do it if your in it for the long run and ready for lots of trips to Russia .. Long run = 2/3/4 years and lots of dates

41-50  = Not bad chance BUT it is most important you are realistic in who your seeking if your overweight, bad breath and so on do not expect a beauty queen, in normal circumstances you have a chance.. but your also going to have to be in it for the long run = 2/3/4 years and lots of dates.

51-70 The best age to find yourself a Russian women to marry as easy as 1-2-3 PROVIDING your not looking for not looking for a young beauty 30-40 years younger than yourself .. if your realistic you have near guaranteed chance to find a women for marriage.

And lastly MONEY no money will generally = No Honey .. that does not mean women only seek men with money, but it does mean what women is going to want to uproot from her country to live with a guy who rents a room, has to work 7 days a week and needs a wife to start work as soon as she arrives ? NO women need this.
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline Guile

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2021, 04:34:48 AM »
Not much to be honest.  Very few people are going to Russia to just find a girl now. It can be done, I personally have a friend who did it but he's under 30 and studies at a prestigious university in the UK.

What's your age range, job/financial background and knowledge of Russian language?   If you are old, poor and don't speak any Russian then fugget aabout it!!

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2021, 04:49:36 AM »
Guile, I guess that your insight goes back to what I have said before.

If you cannot find somebody in your own peer group then you're unlikely to succeed in a new one where you're a stranger.

A bloke who has a good 'package' can find companionship almost anywhere. With a poor package you can't find companionship anywhere.

There's no magic bullet.

About the only exception I have seen is a youngish guy with youngish women. In that case curiosity can have an impact, but that's only a short term boost that soon wears off.

I know that I benefited from that when I was at university in every place I studied. It applied when I was first in Estonia but it wore off. I was fortunate in that I built a network of relationships of all kinds that has stood me in good stead ever since.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Online 2tallbill

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2021, 01:47:14 PM »
Hi Billy basically I want to know how to start and how to find genuine ladies looking for a serious relationship, as opposed to scammers. For example if I google "russian dating" hundreds of websites show up, but I'm sure the majority of them are scams.

You need to talk to a current seeker about which sites to find the good girls.
I haven't been in the search for many years so anything I know about that
is stale and outdated.

The analog part of boy meets girl is still pretty good and has been working
since the day that men stopped hitting girls over the head with a rock and
a girl went to his cave on her own two legs.

The following has not changed.
You need to know what the hell you want (Set goals). Then you need to make
a plan, you need to decide on a strategy, you want a good girl, you can
compromise on anything except character.

There are always going to be debates on silly things like Maryanne or Ginger,
boxers, briefs or commando etc.

Udachi!

Bill
FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Offline alex1010

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2021, 08:42:13 AM »
I'd avoid pay to play sites. You can go through lots of money quick and you may be trading love letters with Igor, the employee of the month.

Free sites don't take your money but lots of scammers there but don't let that discourage you.
From a quick search I did, it seems almost all sites are free to join but then charge you money to send messages. I am not opposed to paying a reasonable price if I know I am paying to talk to actual serious women and not scammers and fake profiles.

Under 40 = Little chance BUT its not impossible! You can do it if your in it for the long run and ready for lots of trips to Russia .. Long run = 2/3/4 years and lots of dates
I am a bit surprised by this... I am just about to hit 40 and I would think a guy my age would be more desireable than some 60 year old. Curious to hear why you don't think so?

And lastly MONEY no money will generally = No Honey .. that does not mean women only seek men with money, but it does mean what women is going to want to uproot from her country to live with a guy who rents a room, has to work 7 days a week and needs a wife to start work as soon as she arrives ? NO women need this.
Agreed. I am not rich but I have a stable career (engineer), own my own home, and live a comfortable middle class lifestyle. I can't afford to jet set around the world but I would not be interested in the type of woman who's into that anyways.

PROVIDING your not looking for not looking for a young beauty 30-40 years younger than yourself .. if your realistic you have near guaranteed chance to find a women for marriage.
I'm not a cradle robber, but I would prefer someone younger (in the 27-34 age range) simply because I'd like to have 2 or 3 kids and I think someone my age would be unwilling or unable to. Am I dreaming or is this a realistic expectation for a guy in my situation?

I don't know your country but I wonder..... don't you have many good looking women there?
We sure do, but culturally I think I'd mesh better with a russian than most canadians. I am from a slavic background myself (not russian).

What's your age range, job/financial background and knowledge of Russian language?   If you are old, poor and don't speak any Russian then fugget aabout it!!
I'll be 40 soon, I'm very average in every sense of the word. Average looks, decently fit and not fat, not rich but decent income, homeowner, no health issues, I am balding but hopefully most mature women will be able to look past that. I don't speak russian but I used to speak another related language with my grandparents when I was a kid, though I've mostly forgotten it. But I think I'd be able to learn russian much easier than the average westerner. Although I'd expect my partner to learn english since we'd be living in canada.

If you cannot find somebody in your own peer group then you're unlikely to succeed in a new one where you're a stranger.

A bloke who has a good 'package' can find companionship almost anywhere. With a poor package you can't find companionship anywhere.
I used to have no problem with women in my 20s, but in the last few years it's as if I've got 2 heads. The only women who even look at me are morbidly obese single moms. I honestly don't know what happened.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2021, 09:58:54 AM »

Free sites don't take your money but lots of scammers there but don't let that discourage you.
From a quick search I did, it seems almost all sites are free to join but then charge you money to send messages. I am not opposed to paying a reasonable price if I know I am paying to talk to actual serious women and not scammers and fake profiles.

I am a bit surprised by this... I am just about to hit 40 and I would think a guy my age would be more desireable than some 60 year old. Curious to hear why you don't think so?

Agreed. I am not rich but I have a stable career (engineer), own my own home, and live a comfortable middle class lifestyle. I can't afford to jet set around the world but I would not be interested in the type of woman who's into that anyways.

PROVIDING your not looking for not looking for a young beauty 30-40 years younger than yourself .. if your realistic you have near guaranteed chance to find a women for marriage.
I'm not a cradle robber, but I would prefer someone younger (in the 27-34 age range) simply because I'd like to have 2 or 3 kids and I think someone my age would be unwilling or unable to. Am I dreaming or is this a realistic expectation for a guy in my situation?

We sure do, but culturally I think I'd mesh better with a russian than most canadians. I am from a slavic background myself (not russian).

I'll be 40 soon, I'm very average in every sense of the word. Average looks, decently fit and not fat, not rich but decent income, homeowner, no health issues, I am balding but hopefully most mature women will be able to look past that. I don't speak russian but I used to speak another related language with my grandparents when I was a kid, though I've mostly forgotten it. But I think I'd be able to learn russian much easier than the average westerner. Although I'd expect my partner to learn english since we'd be living in canada.

I used to have no problem with women in my 20s, but in the last few years it's as if I've got 2 heads. The only women who even look at me are morbidly obese single moms. I honestly don't know what happened.

Simple answer there.. Younger women are not interested in leaving their country, uprooting from their family and friends and leaving their job (Yes lots of young women have kind of not bad jobs today) 20 years ago yes.. today no..Im talking about young women marrying younger guys.. Of course younger men are more desirable .. young women do not date guys old enough to be the grandfather anymore.. not that they ever did anyway, that only happens on US TV ..

It is not impossible.. to do it but it's going to be very hard . very very you will need to visit Russia multiple times and probably date lots of women before the right one comes along.. expect the average time of 3/4/5 years searching..

Yep it is life.. :)

I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline NS1

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2021, 05:29:45 PM »
Some guys here are quite jaded and have varying opinions, but based on what you wrote
its more than doable. Many of the rules still apply, but many women are not as quick to leave as
15-20 years ago, but I did it less than 10 years ago, its still doable.

I would suggest stay over 30 age wise, consider most of FSU. consider where you live to where you search.
Some girl from Moscow, my not want to live in a village or small town. Be realistic in what you seek.
Before you search, be prepared to travel, serious girls are not waiting forever for you to visit, scammers don't care
if you ever come if your helping out lol. Do not send money to anyone you have not met ( Golden rule)

Don't be flashy, show pictures of fancy house, boats or cars attract scammers. Set realistic goals, time lines
be honest, post recent pictures, if you pull a girl at a 5 in Canada, maybe 7-8 there if you got a bit of game.
Your try for a 10 plus, your playing with fire.

Depending on skill, luck, and avoding BS, plan 2-5 years and 10-25 K this is not for faint of heart and its not cheap.
There are stories of guys who have done it very right and costs were normal and some were over 15 years and 100K
old stories are still somewhat relevant as it can teach you what not to do, you can bet many things have not changed in that regard.
Don't waste time on anyone playing games, being able to spot BS and move on will save time and money, can be hard to do
with pretty girls :) Women from the FSU are strong willed and difficult, but if you find the right one, its like striking gold.
Easy no, worth it, can be.

I am from East coast of Canada, if you decide to pursue this, I will help where I can. Few other guys drop in from around Canada
who have done this as well. Ask questions, read with a grain of salt and make up your own mind, if you can't do that here, you will not be successful there. Good luck.

There is nothing permanent except change.

Online 2tallbill

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2021, 07:47:57 AM »

Here is the problem with paying by the letter. The agencies are in the FSU
where corruption is rife and for them it's really inexpensive for them to pay
their employees to send you letters. Now you are paying to exchange letters
with an agency employee rather than a sincere woman looking for marriage.

I am a bit surprised by this... I am just about to hit 40 and I would think a guy
my age would be more desireable than some 60 year old. Curious to hear why
you don't think so?

It all depends on the age of the women you are pursuing with supply and demand.
A 60 year old has no chance with a 30 year old woman, while a 40 year old man
does.

If you are pursuing a 20 year old, I would say you have a 99% chance of failing.
If you were 60 years old and pursuing a 45 year old, you would have a very good
chance of being successful.

If you take your age and subtract 10 years you will find more success. You need
to be attractive, fit, with a high level of social skills, live in a highly desirable area
and financially successful if you want to subtract much more than 10 years from
your age from the women you pursue.

A 40 year old woman in the FSU has a very good chance of never finding a man
for marriage in her own country. Therefore there is a large surplus of women
who desire marriage compared to her prospect of finding a man to marry.

A Hot 25 year old woman in the FSU is going to have many, many local men
who desire to marry her and she is unlikely to consider a 40 year old foreign
man as a prospect. So if a 40 year old decides to pursue 25 year old women
there is a very good chance that either the woman is fake or that the woman
has very dubious motivations for considering the 40 year old man.

FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Offline alex1010

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2021, 08:02:46 AM »
I am from East coast of Canada, if you decide to pursue this, I will help where I can. Few other guys drop in from around Canada
who have done this as well. Ask questions, read with a grain of salt and make up your own mind, if you can't do that here, you will not be successful there. Good luck.
Are there lots of russians in your area for your wife to hang out with? I am just outside of Toronto but I hate it here and intend to move far away (probably to a smaller town like moncton or fredericton, or maybe somewhere west like kamloops) in the not too distant future. I would think such towns would have little or no russian diaspora, so I don't know how a woman from russia would find friends there. Maybe if I am successful with finding someone from russia, I will have to reconsider my plans to move and just stay in the GTA forever. I'm also not sure if someone from a city like moscow would want to live in a small town, I may need to specifically look for women from small towns.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2021, 08:27:20 AM »
Just a thought to consider, alex.

If you are planning to import a bride from Russia then you should be aware that many, probably most, urban women have a somewhat negative attitude toward village people and country people. What you might see as extra-urban paradise will be, to much of your target audience, a life of purgatory.

Yeah, they like the idea of granny's dacha, but ask if she'd live there and you'll hear stuff that a sensitive North American just shouldn't be exposed to.

As always there are exceptions, but you're already running in a race with a heavy handicap against runners and riders with much better form than you.

Offline sailor291

• Spouses Country: Ukraine
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2021, 09:28:46 AM »
Having been married to a woman from Ukraine for over 22 years I can second what Andrew says.  My wife acts like people from villages are from Mars.  We live in a Dallas suburb and she thinks it’s a village.  There are supposed to be trolley buses passing every 10 seconds, thousands of people walking on the sidewalk, etc.  it’s supposed to look like Manhattan.  I was born and raised in a small rural Texas town, 5000 people.  She really thinks that’s a village.  No way no how she could live in the country, out in the sticks. 

Offline NS1

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2021, 03:17:08 PM »
Are there lots of russians in your area for your wife to hang out with? I am just outside of Toronto but I hate it here and intend to move far away (probably to a smaller town like moncton or fredericton, or maybe somewhere west like kamloops) in the not too distant future. I would think such towns would have little or no russian diaspora, so I don't know how a woman from russia would find friends there. Maybe if I am successful with finding someone from russia, I will have to reconsider my plans to move and just stay in the GTA forever. I'm also not sure if someone from a city like moscow would want to live in a small town, I may need to specifically look for women from small towns.

There a groups here and lots of folks from the FSU, but remember these are still people.
My wife is selective, so has made a few friends from the FSU and some from here.
Every city even small ones will some level of folks, but like anywhere, bigger cities far bigger community.

Knowing what you really want matters, if you hate Toronto then don't go to Moscow or any city with
massive amounts of people for your search, lots of nice smaller cities to search, bit more of a challenge but very doable.
My wife came form a city of 265,000. I live on edge of city, 440,000 worked well.

ALso when building a profile, staing your preference and making it an early talking point, so women know who you are
and what you want, saves you and her time if its good or bad. Its not all looks, FSU has many beautiful women,
don't get hooked on first girl you see and don't be afraid to have hard conversations. It  will actually be better for you both.
There is nothing permanent except change.

Online B.B.

• Supporting Member
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2021, 05:41:43 AM »
Are there lots of russians in your area for your wife to hang out with?

Both you, and your future wife, need to be selective about this. Interfering in other people's relationships is the Female National Sport in Every Country.  Some people need conflict.  Other people do not want their friends to be "happier" than they are.  My current girl just froze out one of her friends who consistently talked trash about me, for no other reason that she (the friend) is a miserable bitch.  They renewed their friendship (with a "No trash-talking BB rule enforced) and then my girl realized that the friend basically talks shit about *all* of her friends who are happier than she is, and is in the process of phasing her out. 

russian diaspora, so I don't know how a woman from russia would find friends there.

I wouldn't make plans based on this.  If a woman wanted to be around Russians, she could stay in Russia (or the FSU, etc.)

You also need to think about what will happen in the future.  You can expect to spend your future vacations primarily in the FSU.  If you have kids, it will be better for them to spend time with her side of the family (presumably, they will be bi-lingual (or tri-lingual, because: Canada) and visiting the grandparents, etc., will help them keep t heir language skills up.)

You also need to understand that the process isn't going to be cheap.  It's not for the faint of heart or the light of wallet.

B/B
Saving the World, One Clue at a Time
If your religion insults my intelligence, don't be surprised when my intelligence insults your religion.

Offline Manny

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2021, 06:08:28 AM »
Some guys here are quite jaded and have varying opinions, but based on what you wrote
its more than doable. Many of the rules still apply, but many women are not as quick to leave as
15-20 years ago, but I did it less than 10 years ago, its still doable.

I would suggest stay over 30 age wise, consider most of FSU. consider where you live to where you search.
Some girl from Moscow, my not want to live in a village or small town. Be realistic in what you seek.
Before you search, be prepared to travel, serious girls are not waiting forever for you to visit, scammers don't care
if you ever come if your helping out lol. Do not send money to anyone you have not met ( Golden rule)

Don't be flashy, show pictures of fancy house, boats or cars attract scammers. Set realistic goals, time lines
be honest, post recent pictures, if you pull a girl at a 5 in Canada, maybe 7-8 there if you got a bit of game.
Your try for a 10 plus, your playing with fire.

Depending on skill, luck, and avoding BS, plan 2-5 years and 10-25 K this is not for faint of heart and its not cheap.
There are stories of guys who have done it very right and costs were normal and some were over 15 years and 100K
old stories are still somewhat relevant as it can teach you what not to do, you can bet many things have not changed in that regard.
Don't waste time on anyone playing games, being able to spot BS and move on will save time and money, can be hard to do
with pretty girls :) Women from the FSU are strong willed and difficult, but if you find the right one, its like striking gold.
Easy no, worth it, can be.

Excellent advice there. Pretty much sums it up.
Trip Reports: Links to my travels in Russia, Estonia, North Korea, South Korea, China and the US are >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Manny

« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2021, 06:14:55 AM »

Don't consider getting too involved the Russian-speaking diaspora very much. Don't plan for it, don't engineer it, this is a classic mistake many make. There will be much here on it. Those folks cause many divorces. Especially, bizarrely, those in the Orthodox church.

Don't imagine that the same language alone is anything like enough of a criteria to make friends. Cliquey Russian language clubs you don't need. If she is going to live in Canada, she needs to speak English.

Same goes for Russian language TV channels IMO. Set her up with those and she'll be watching "Lets get married" or "Modney Pregavor" all day and not doing the stuff you might hope she would.
Trip Reports: Links to my travels in Russia, Estonia, North Korea, South Korea, China and the US are >>here<<

Offline matador22

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2021, 08:25:51 AM »

Welcome to the forum! Just curious but I have a friend who lives in Toronto and I used to visit once a year from nyc.  Both are very similar in many respects. But one thing for sure is that Canadian women on average are much nicer and down to earth than the average american woman. I dated a few Canadians in nyc and i immediately saw the difference.  I also know there are a lot of Eastern European women in Toronto Also. And beyond that I know for a fact that the dating apps are full of women in their 30s seeking love and romance.  Have you maxed out all the potential in Toronto already ? I get the overweight single moms on my apps also. But that’s gonna happen everywhere. Have you tried a different swiping app or maybe rent out your home and get a “bachelor pad” for the weekends in downtown Toronto? I have a buddy Who did just that and found a nice woman to date for two years.  Anyway my two cents.

As for Russia FSU dating. I did what you are researching 10 years ago to the month. I found a decent Russian dating site called mamba. And I found a cute English speaking Russian woman in Moscow.  Months later I took a trip and spent time with her seeing the sights in Moscow. There’s a lot of reasons it didn’t work out for me : cultural differences, immaturity on my part, distance , and cost.  From
What I have seen you can get past all the things I listed above but only with an extremely patient and dedicated approach. I find that the minute one plans for a trip to russia local women suddenly start appearing on dating apps. Lol.  The universe works in mysterious ways.

The other thing to consider and I wrestled with this a lot is why do you want to search in the first place. The board member “andrewfi” makes great points. Can your ego handle knowing that many of your peers found someone suitable in their own country and yet you had to go abroad? Why? As for me I had to lower my expectations for local women and I had to up my game so to speak a bit.  I still think finding someone local is the best. It’s the most genuine and will do wonders for your self esteem. 

From what I read recently the best way to go finding a woman in Russia now is to just live there if you can for at least 3-6 months.  Which to me sounded crazy but realistically is the best way. When I searched 10 years ago emails on dating sites and phone calls on Skype was enough. Now you really have to show your prospective
Dates that you mean business and that can only be done with a long term
Residency. Good luck ! This is a fantastic thread and should be a primer for any newbie.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2021, 09:07:28 AM »
Oh, Manny, 'Let's Get Married' is such good fun. How could you want to stop people from watching it?

Matador22, thanks for taking my posts in a positive manner. I want to see people have a happy life with women, or a woman, who enables all parties to have a happy and satisfying life. It's easy to make a choice, to ignore contrary evidence and, cognitive dissonance be damned, proceed to plough a lonely and expensive path to unhappiness. There are many ways to build a satisfying life and, sometimes, the path is not the one that seems the most obvious or easiest.

After all, what could be easier and quicker than looking through a catalogue of women who want to be married and picking the one that looks like the optimal choice and doing the business as fast as possible?

Offline matador22

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2021, 10:54:57 AM »
Oh, Manny, 'Let's Get Married' is such good fun. How could you want to stop people from watching it?

Matador22, thanks for taking my posts in a positive manner. I want to see people have a happy life with women, or a woman, who enables all parties to have a happy and satisfying life. It's easy to make a choice, to ignore contrary evidence and, cognitive dissonance be damned, proceed to plough a lonely and expensive path to unhappiness. There are many ways to build a satisfying life and, sometimes, the path is not the one that seems the most obvious or easiest.

After all, what could be easier and quicker than looking through a catalogue of women who want to be married and picking the one that looks like the optimal choice and doing the business as fast as possible?

I think this forum has now evolved from being centered around the  mail order bride industry of the 1990s/2000s to being a place for two types of people :

1) the first type are those already living in the FSU/Russia countries doing some
Sort of legitimate business or students in college. These guys are already dating and/or married to Russian women living IN Russia.

2) the second type are those living in western nations (North America , Western Europe, Australia) who have either an Eastern European wife or girlfriend ALREADY with them in their home Countries. 

So basically if you haven’t already met your Eastern European dream woman and currently have her in your country. Don’t bother searching overseas. Ha. The party is over.  Right ?

Offline Manny

« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2021, 10:55:22 AM »

A good compromise is to watch it while ironing.  :nod: