The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Life on Mars  (Read 3606 times)

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
Life on Mars
« on: February 17, 2021, 01:47:16 AM »
Tomorrow the new Rover arrives and lands on Mars.. you can even watch live! Absolutely amazing stuff humans can do so much stuff pity they waste their time fighting each other..

Shortly Nasa maybe able to tell everyone if there is or was life on Mars..They got the lot on this rover..

https://mars.nasa.gov/resources/25473/perseverance-arrives-at-mars-feb-18-2021-mission-trailer/?fbclid=IwAR0-6uRI8ibBx68GN61NyuQZLyMYPLR3RWzPygmpllORYWel9ElOLwHaR9k
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline Brillynt

• Supporting Member
  • Spouses Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 10-20
Re: Life on Mars
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2021, 07:43:01 AM »
I find it even more cool that they will be flying a drone from Perseverance, the first drone on another planet. I hope the pictures and video are amazing. This just shows what humans can do if they can put aside differences and work together.

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2021, 11:17:37 AM »
I find it even more cool that they will be flying a drone from Perseverance, the first drone on another planet. I hope the pictures and video are amazing. This just shows what humans can do if they can put aside differences and work together.

That made me wonder if Mars has an atmosphere a drone can be flown in, as opposed to a vacuum. Google tells me that the atmosphere of Mars is about 100 times thinner than Earth's, and it is 95 per cent carbon dioxide. That seems quite challenging but if they've sent one, it'll no doubt work.

Very interesting indeed.
Trip Reports: Links to my travels in Russia, Estonia, North Korea, South Korea, China and the US are >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2021, 11:22:34 AM »

That made me wonder if Mars has an atmosphere a drone can be flown in, as opposed to a vacuum. Google tells me that the atmosphere of Mars is about 100 times thinner than Earth's, and it is 95 per cent carbon dioxide. That seems quite challenging but if they've sent one, it'll no doubt work.

Very interesting indeed.

Perhaps ms(moby) is the pilot and will regale us with tales of his service.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline BillyB

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2021, 09:55:23 PM »
I find it even more cool that they will be flying a drone from Perseverance, the first drone on another planet. I hope the pictures and video are amazing.

Perseverance is the size of a small car and is taller than a human. It also records sound....so we can hear the wind, animals or aliens.
Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776. If you want to stop the war in Ukraine, fix elections, stop medical tyranny and forced vaccinations, lower inflation and make America and the world a better place, get Trump back into power. The Democrats and Republicans have shown they can't do the job. They are good at robbing us and getting people killed in non stop wars.

Offline Brillynt

• Supporting Member
  • Spouses Country: Ukraine
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2021, 08:49:23 AM »
Here is the latest about the drone name Ingenuity.

https://www.nasa.gov/feature/jpl/nasa-s-mars-helicopter-reports-in

It will be awhile before it attempts the first flight.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2021, 09:16:25 PM »

Perseverance is equipped with 19 cameras and have already taken over 4000 photographs which can be seen in the link below

https://mars.nasa.gov/mars2020/multimedia/raw-images/
Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776. If you want to stop the war in Ukraine, fix elections, stop medical tyranny and forced vaccinations, lower inflation and make America and the world a better place, get Trump back into power. The Democrats and Republicans have shown they can't do the job. They are good at robbing us and getting people killed in non stop wars.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2021, 05:48:42 AM »
Did you all watch the landing?  tiphat Clever stuff..

Offline BillyB

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2021, 03:45:09 PM »

I watched this video last year. Shows how they make rockets. Near the end of the video, they show a rocket that is to be used on the 20th flight to Mars.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2021, 10:48:27 PM »

In a few weeks, NASA will fly a chopper on Mars. It will carry a symbolic piece of cloth off the Wright Bros. airplane.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/nasa-helicopter-took-a-piece-of-the-wright-brothers-plane-to-mars/ar-BB1eTdFU?ocid=msedgntp

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2021, 10:12:30 AM »

In a few weeks, NASA will fly a chopper on Mars. It will carry a symbolic piece of cloth off the Wright Bros. airplane.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/nasa-helicopter-took-a-piece-of-the-wright-brothers-plane-to-mars/ar-BB1eTdFU?ocid=msedgntp

Its all going to be happening very soon.. They are going to find ancient life on Mars.. humans will colonise the planet soon enough..

Rovers will be sent out to some of Saturn's moons where there are huge oceans beneath the ice, life will be found there for sure..

Personally Im just waiting for "Warp" To be developed you will just "Punch it" 2 minutes later your on Europa..

Warp is on the way!! Proxima Centauri here we come! :thumbsup:

Offline NS1

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2021, 02:08:50 PM »
recent report say the cost of maintianing a house on mars
is only 3.4 million a year, so who heres going first :)
There is nothing permanent except change.

Offline Lord of the Dance

• Supporting Hero Member
  • Trips: None Yet
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2021, 10:16:13 PM »

Ha! Anyone who seriously thinks they're going to 'pop on over' to Mars and live in some sort of commune is farther out of touch with reality than flat-earthers.

Kinda sad to think that during the height of the Apollo Project, the prevailing logic was that we'd be walking on Mars by the '90s or 2000's. Here we are in 2021 and we're excited about the prospect that we MIGHT receive some rocks and core samples back from Mars in a decade or so. Although there are many technical challenges to overcome in sending humans to Mars, one gets the impression that it's not so much the actual hardware and technology as it is overcoming the realization that such a vast human risk and financial expense would result in so little a return to the benefit of humankind.
"My soul cries out with a joyful shout that the God of my heart is great, and my spirit sings of the wondrous things that you bring to the ones who wait." - Canticle of the Turning

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2021, 03:30:13 PM »

Ha! Anyone who seriously thinks they're going to 'pop on over' to Mars and live in some sort of commune is farther out of touch with reality than flat-earthers.

Kinda sad to think that during the height of the Apollo Project, the prevailing logic was that we'd be walking on Mars by the '90s or 2000's. Here we are in 2021 and we're excited about the prospect that we MIGHT receive some rocks and core samples back from Mars in a decade or so. Although there are many technical challenges to overcome in sending humans to Mars, one gets the impression that it's not so much the actual hardware and technology as it is overcoming the realization that such a vast human risk and financial expense would result in so little a return to the benefit of humankind.

Yeah but back in the Apollo days that rocket that took them to the moon and the technology you can find in any smart phone today..

Lots will be happening very soon.. Im already looking into being deep frozen if I die before it happens . will wait till space flight becomes common for everyone before they defrost me :laugh:

Offline BillyB

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2021, 07:47:55 PM »

Mars live cam. Be the first to spot life on Mars.

Online 2tallbill

« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2021, 11:56:45 AM »
Lots will be happening very soon.. Im already looking into being deep frozen if I die before it happens . will wait till space flight becomes common for everyone before they defrost me :laugh:

If you die and they freeze you, how do you come back to life during
the unthawing process?
FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Online 2tallbill

Life on Mars
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2021, 12:09:33 PM »
Ha! Anyone who seriously thinks they're going to 'pop on over' to Mars
and live in some sort of commune is farther out of touch with reality
than flat-earthers.

I think that it's even worse than you say, but for those who are
keen on the idea, tell them to
1. Move to the antarctic
2. Survive by eating plants that you grew there during the Winter.
3. Bring their unicorn, because they thrive in the average -81F (-63C) 
temperatures.
4. I forget, do unicorns need air to breath? Because they don't have
air on Mars. 

FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up

Offline Manny

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2021, 12:17:55 PM »

the unthawing process?

I always wondered that too.
Trip Reports: Links to my travels in Russia, Estonia, North Korea, South Korea, China and the US are >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2021, 12:54:01 PM »

the unthawing process?

I don't know and don't care! As long as it works, they freeze embryos?? And bring them back to life..

Online 2tallbill

Life on Mars
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2021, 04:35:56 PM »
I don't know and don't care! As long as it works, they freeze embryos?? And bring them back to life..

My point was that it doesn't work

Ok, send me $40K (which you have to pay now) and I will
do it for you. Have somebody send me your dead body we
will turn you into a Steve Sickle. If anything goes wrong we
will blame the dead body handling and shipping (but you'll
still be dead)   

Online AvHdB

« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2021, 06:17:01 PM »

My point was that it doesn't work

Ok, send me $40K (which you have to pay now) and I will
do it for you. Have somebody send me your dead body we
will turn you into a Steve Sickle. If anything goes wrong we
will blame the dead body handling and shipping (but you'll
still be dead)

:laugh:

Online Texan77

« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2021, 06:47:09 PM »

the unthawing process?

So far it does not work. The freezing process destroy the cells in Human body. There some creatures where this works. There are a few species of Frogs that can be frozen and they return to life when warmed.  So far no mammal has been able to go thru this process  and still return to life. During the freezing process ice sickles form and expand destroying cell walls. If people are going to be saved is likely we are going to have to find a freezing process that does not damage the cells so much. 
3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2021, 03:04:42 PM »

the unthawing process?

So far it does not work. The freezing process destroy the cells in Human body. There some creatures where this works. There are a few species of Frogs that can be frozen and they return to life when warmed.  So far no mammal has been able to go thru this process  and still return to life. During the freezing process ice sickles form and expand destroying cell walls. If people are going to be saved is likely we are going to have to find a freezing process that does not damage the cells so much.

What about Sperm? They freeze that? If that is what it takes I will just freeze some sperm and they can bring that back to life.. Ok it will not be me KIND off but my DNA is there and after lots of years of therapy and stuff it will be pretty close.. maybe they can save my brain on a micro chip and implant into me later  :laugh: :laugh:

Its better than nothing??

Offline NS1

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2021, 04:02:18 PM »
Steve, get them to take all the right DNA ,
cells etc, freeze that, they can clone you later  :thumbsup:
There is nothing permanent except change.

Online AvHdB

« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2021, 04:46:40 PM »
Steve, get them to take all the right DNA ,
cells etc, freeze that, they can clone you later  :thumbsup:

Please no one tell ms!