The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: UK Lockdown 2  (Read 2336 times)

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
UK Lockdown 2
« on: November 06, 2020, 06:04:16 AM »
Not sure about the rest of the country, but the so-called lockdown doesn't seem noticeable in the north.

Wifey was at the dentist in the city centre this morning and she said it was quiet there, but outside the city centre apart from some shops being shut, traffic is a tad lighter than usual, but things seem pretty normal.

When you think about it, its only non essential shops, salons, pubs and restaurants that don't offer takeaway that are closed. Looks to me like a great many retail outlets consider themselves 'essential businesses' and are carrying on as normal. Washing machine shops, pet shops and all kinds are still open usual.

Back in March when Lockdown 1 was a thing, the streets were deserted apart from the odd hapless soul running out of the supermarket with a multi pack of bog roll under each arm.

Now it looks to me like many people are simply ignoring it and carrying on as usual. Which I don't disagree with as the numbers Boris and Co are using to justify this are disingenuous at best.
Trip Reports: Links to my travels in Russia, Estonia, North Korea, South Korea, China and the US are >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Bruce Lee

• Trips: 5-10
Re: UK Lockdown 2
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2020, 06:56:25 AM »
Same down in Birmingham, roads busy as always, no difference whatsoever in fact, if shops can’t loosely tie-in the word “essential” they’ll go click and collect instead, neighbours had firework night as normal, all 5 kids in attendance each with their own sprogs!!!

The public aren’t buying into it this time and most business are just doing everything they can to survive.

I suspect the entire country will get punished for this - Christmas is going bye bye!!!
If you get a minute check out Bruce's TR - Its not quite finished, however its still a pretty good read IMHO.

If I win the lottery I'll finish it this week if not I'll probably complete it when I retire!!! Until then I hope you enjoy the story so far!

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2020, 07:17:15 AM »
Bruce, I really hope that you're wrong, but I think you're right.

This thing exists, it kills people and renders healthy people unhealthy for, perhaps, the rest of their lives.

Just because it hasn't happened to me doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

I am planning to be over immediately after December 2nd but I'm not signing up for anything I can't cancel. Same for Christmas. My family is going to be spread across 4 countries in 2 continents for the first time ever.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline LoyalMan

• ChiNazi scientists have invented Wuhan Virus Test Agent with accuracy rate close to 0%
  • Spouses Country: Neptune
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2020, 09:19:58 AM »

This thing exists, it kills people and renders healthy people unhealthy for, perhaps, the rest of their lives.

I am planning to be over immediately after December 2nd but I'm not signing up for anything I can't cancel. Same for Christmas. My family is going to be spread across 4 countries in 2 continents for the first time ever.

How do you know this things really exist?!?  You haven't seen this things in your own eyes.  A digital picture can be edited, right?

Online Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2020, 10:52:26 AM »

How do you know this things really exist?!?  You haven't seen this things in your own eyes.  A digital picture can be edited, right?

?? You mean like yesterday when I was driving around on Mars looking for a sweet shop? 
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2020, 12:24:59 PM »

Are you OK?

To which picture do you refer? Are you fantasising again?
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Manny

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2020, 12:26:12 PM »
This thing exists, it kills people

It kills less than 1% of those who have underlying conditions. Like flu.

and renders healthy people unhealthy for, perhaps, the rest of their lives.

Misleading. Again the numbers must be microscopic. Half of people have no symptoms and everyone else mostly has some lurgy, a temperature and a cough for a few days.

Hardly worth closing society down and making everyone wear a face nappy for.

There are ulterior motives afoot here.

Trip Reports: Links to my travels in Russia, Estonia, North Korea, South Korea, China and the US are >>here<<

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2020, 04:00:21 PM »

Misleading. Again the numbers must be microscopic. Half of people have no symptoms and everyone else mostly has some lurgy, a temperature and a cough for a few days.

I felt that way from day one and I believe this doubly now.

Online Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2020, 03:05:46 AM »

There are ulterior motives afoot here. . Yes first part of the plan is to enslave everyone in debt so you have to keep your gob shut.. Second is to make you pathetic, that means carry a cup of Costa coffee in your hand all day and a mobile in the other hand, so you cannot manage without coffee and mobile, then its to brainwash you into thinking you cannot live without facebook and some twat liking you.. So now the final test is to see if they can control you en mass .. that is the major plan .. like in the movie The time machine when the horn sounds the humans go dumb and walk into the caves to be eaten.. :laugh:

I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Online Texan77

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2020, 08:51:39 AM »

Manny you refuse to look at all the data. A USA air craft carrier got the virus and has to pull into port because enough people on the ship got sick enough that the ship could no longer function.  This does not happen with the flu. The same thing happen to a French air craft carrier.  In the USA we ran very close to food shortage because enough people got sick or refused to work in food packing plants where we were running out of food. I suppose you people in the UK do not need food. Death in food packaging plants here was very high. It seem people in closed areas that get repeated exposure get much sicker than others.  It may seem harmless but sociality can not function if you can not control this disease.

I feel it is time to start using the vaccines. I feel the risk of not using the vaccines at this point is greater than possible effects from using it.
3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2020, 02:05:40 PM »

Manny you refuse to look at all the data. A USA air craft carrier got the virus and has to pull into port because enough people on the ship got sick enough that the ship could no longer function.  This does not happen with the flu. The same thing happen to a French air craft carrier.  In the USA we ran very close to food shortage because enough people got sick or refused to work in food packing plants where we were running out of food. I suppose you people in the UK do not need food. Death in food packaging plants here was very high. It seem people in closed areas that get repeated exposure get much sicker than others.  It may seem harmless but sociality can not function if you can not control this disease.

I feel it is time to start using the vaccines. I feel the risk of not using the vaccines at this point is greater than possible effects from using it.

Texan you are really gullible.

NHS worker cannot stand the lies and divulges the truth

https://www.globalresearch.ca/hero-healthcare-assistant-tells-truth/5728760

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2020, 05:29:40 PM »

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2020, 09:04:00 PM »

Offline Manny

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2020, 12:53:06 AM »
Just wow what happened to a free GB?

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/11/07/brits-could-be-fined-200-for-leaving-house-without-reasonable-excuse/

This nonsense isn’t happening where we live, but I’m sure it’s coming.

If you’re self-employed you’re always “going to work” so you’re covered there. Failing which, saying you’re going to a Black Lives Matter meeting should have the copper falling on one knee and sending you on your way I’m sure.  :chuckle:

Offline Manny

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2020, 11:56:45 AM »
Big protest in Manchester today.

Covered by the Evening News here: https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/live-lockdown-protest-manchester-piccadilly-19244099

They describe a "few hundred" people. Looking at the Instagram story of the organisers @riseup_manchester, I'd say it looks more like several thousand.

Looks like Rod Liddle was right:

Quote from: Rod Liddle
The government is already aware that for a couple of weeks the polls have been changing: working-class voters have had it with lockdown. And when the kickback comes, it will come from the north.

The science has changed since March. So, too, the appetite of the public for restrictions that are often absurd and seem to have had no effect on the spread of the virus. Where the north leads, the rest of the country may soon follow.

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2020, 01:15:11 PM »
Big protest in Manchester today.

Covered by the Evening News here: https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/live-lockdown-protest-manchester-piccadilly-19244099

They describe a "few hundred" people. Looking at the Instagram story of the organisers @riseup_manchester, I'd say it looks more like several thousand.

Looks like Rod Liddle was right:

Quote from: Rod Liddle
The government is already aware that for a couple of weeks the polls have been changing: working-class voters have had it with lockdown. And when the kickback comes, it will come from the north.

The science has changed since March. So, too, the appetite of the public for restrictions that are often absurd and seem to have had no effect on the spread of the virus. Where the north leads, the rest of the country may soon follow.

"Condemning the protest on Sunday evening, GMP said they estimated 600 were in attendance and said police officers responding to the incident were left injured.

They also said a large number of people had travelled to Manchester for the protest - including one group who came via coach from Cumbria."

Online Texan77

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2020, 07:22:06 PM »
May parts of the USA are also experiencing trouble with a virus come back. A lot of this is hidden behind the election news not getting the coverage it normally would. Lock downs in some parts of the country are being considered again. 
3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Offline Manny

« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2020, 04:32:08 AM »
Near where we live (and I assume other places too) they're dong drive through flu vaccinations. They're even touting for them by SMS.

I got one today, as I was leaving there was a bus full of oldies on the way in. 

Looks like the practice for the Covid vaccines we will see in the near future.

Offline NS1

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2020, 03:09:07 AM »
This virus is training us on how they wish us to behave in the future.
Media has managed to control the masses.
Say it enough and folks beleive and follow.
There is nothing permanent except change.

Online rosco

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2020, 04:41:20 AM »
This virus is training us on how they wish us to behave in the future.
Media has managed to control the masses.
Say it enough and folks beleive and follow.

I agree with this.

I'm not dismissing the whole covid thing as BS but it feels like the available data is purposely unclear and open to being manipulated. I believe that covid is a real threat to those who are in the vulnerable category but I believe that most of us aren't in that category.

Offline Danchik

• Russia Guru
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2020, 05:03:09 AM »
I was invited to a Latin dance club on Halloween and it was packed with people dancing and drinking in close quarters till the wee hours as is customary in Moscow. You know, what you might expect at a night club. I was seen twirling my date around on the dance floor amongst scores of people and seen drinking coronas on the sideline in the virus' honour. tiphat

I had to register to a site and I received a QR code for tracking I presume.

Well, 2 weeks later and it looks like everything is ok and no one had/caught the virus.

However, as of the12th November all bars/night clubs have to close at 11pm, speaking of manipulation. Because we all know that the corona virus starts parrying after 11pm and goes home at 12pm when places open back up.  :P
When it is dark enough, men see the stars.

Offline Manny

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2020, 05:17:38 AM »
The black market of things seems to have got organised much faster this time.

Many hairdressers and nail technicians are working mobile on the quiet. Wifey got me a coat repaired someplace the other day as the place I usually use for alterations was closed.

Lots of shops can get around it by claiming to be click and collect. I know antique stores and all kinds of places that have reopened this week. I think the protest has emboldened many.

Offline Guile

« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2020, 05:56:38 AM »
I heard London is going back into lockdown as well.  I wanted to get over there but that won't be happening for awhile.

Offline BillyB

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2020, 06:54:59 PM »

I got an Iraqi guy working for me and his parents live in the UK. He tells me there is a huge fine if there is more than 6 people in a house during the pandemic. Any truth to what his parents are saying?
Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776. If you want to stop the war in Ukraine, fix elections, stop medical tyranny and forced vaccinations, lower inflation and make America and the world a better place, get Trump back into power. The Democrats and Republicans have shown they can't do the job. They are good at robbing us and getting people killed in non stop wars.

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2020, 08:05:38 PM »

I got an Iraqi guy working for me and his parents live in the UK. He tells me there is a huge fine if there is more than 6 people in a house during the pandemic. Any truth to what his parents are saying?

My daughter is in Uni in the UK. She shares the house with 8 other. Total of 9, along with the occasional bed mate/lost and found /boy-girl toy.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot