The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Speeding fines ..  (Read 818 times)

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
Speeding fines ..
« on: June 23, 2020, 02:30:35 PM »
Well some Brits like speeding around St Petersburg, this guy got 71 speeding tickets and the bailiffs calling on him for the fines..

https://m.fontanka.ru/2020/06/23/69330814/?

No bribes there.. just pay up or get out!
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Speeding fines ..
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2020, 04:44:23 PM »
Was it you? He’s about your age...
Trip Reports: Links to my travels in Russia, Estonia, North Korea, South Korea, China and the US are >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Texan77

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2020, 05:55:07 PM »
Ukraine has no mask fines. $650 dollars for getting on public transport without a mask.
3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2020, 12:22:35 AM »
My RU biz partner in CY,  Lesha ( Alexey) came over to the 'dark side' .. the north of Cyprus.. in 2018 ..  We collected him at the UN green line.

When he showed he passport .. we were asked to move the car out of the line and asked to go to an office.

Lesha has THIRTEEN speeding fines, in two days, from 2009 ..  Thing was, he was adamant he hadn't crossed since 2007 ( with me ) ..

Luckily, my dear old friend  Izzie ( Ismet ) ..who is legendary in the north for refusing to pay fines and has taken cases all the way up to  their 'supreme court' and the cases get dropped.. was home, and the Policeman let us go on our way ..( after a patient Izzie had explained why Lesha could not be held or arrested )

Turns out they couldn't prove Lesha had crossed on the dates..(he hadn't been for 11 years )  and it was a hire car, hired in his name,on the 'south' ( 'Greek' side)  by so called 'mates'..he wasn't with them ..
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2020, 01:19:17 PM »
Was it you? He’s about your age...

My age? I wasn't even alive in 1970... :ROFL:
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Registration