The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Trump's immigration ban  (Read 721 times)

Offline Ward_Cleaver

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 1-5
Trump's immigration ban
« on: April 21, 2020, 09:03:29 PM »
I'm curious what people here think about Trump's recent immigration ban.  What does this mean for the men interested in FSUW and FSUW interested in American men?

Offline BillyB

• Trips: 10-20
Re: Trump's immigration ban
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2020, 10:24:21 PM »

It's getting written up today. He'll probably sign it tomorrow. The media may not be accurate with what they've reported today.
Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776. If you want to stop the war in Ukraine, fix elections, stop medical tyranny and forced vaccinations, lower inflation and make America and the world a better place, get Trump back into power. The Democrats and Republicans have shown they can't do the job. They are good at robbing us and getting people killed in non stop wars.

Online Texan77

• Trips: 20+
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2020, 11:52:44 PM »
I'm curious what people here think about Trump's recent immigration ban.  What does this mean for the men interested in FSUW and FSUW interested in American men?

Thank you for posting the article. It seem to indicate that that if you got married K-2 visa you would be able to bring you wife and children into the country. It said an exemption for family members so that is how I read that. I am not sure about the K1 visa. As Billy said, none of us knows what will be in the final draft tomorrow.  FSUW means Former Soviet Union Women
3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2020, 12:46:36 AM »

It's getting written up today. He'll probably sign it tomorrow. The media may not be accurate with what they've reported today.

Don't you mean that 'Trampu's' very own tweet might turn out to be 'inaccurate'...? 

It wouldn't be the first time ...

Given Russia has banned all international flights, save for govt organised repatriation flights ( and folks on those flight go straight into 14 day isolation facilities ) I would be forgetting about planning any trips

You can't book an international flight on Aeroflot's site 'til after July 31st

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Online B.B.

• Supporting Member
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2020, 02:23:25 AM »
I'm curious what people here think about Trump's recent immigration ban

Not sure it accomplishes anything.  Is it going to stop illegals?  Migrants?  The drug cartels?  Nope.  It just affects the law abiding. 

B/B
Saving the World, One Clue at a Time
If your religion insults my intelligence, don't be surprised when my intelligence insults your religion.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2020, 02:37:02 AM »
It's an easy way to pretend to take some action while doing nothing of the kind.

It'll affect almost nobody who can vote while appealing to the prejudice of many who can.

As with the China ban a few weeks ago, its pure politics.

NB. the ban on flights from China was pointless in any practical sense because by the time it came in some 750k people had flown from China to the US since the first known Covid-19 case in December.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2020, 08:58:25 AM »
The 'ban' is more for domestic political reasons, I suspect.

On the other hand the claim of Andrew is that the ban on flights from China was pointless is as bizarre as 'statements' from ms and some conspiracy theories from Confederate!
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline BillyB

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2020, 09:36:27 AM »

Trump's China ban was racist. This immigration ban is political. Trump doesn't make any decisions that are based on the good for the country!

Guys, the immigration ban will probably ban groups of immigrants that are most likely compete for jobs with the average American. Unemployment is high everywhere. Why do we need more workers? Super smart immigrants and farm workers from Mexico will most likely be allowed to come work here since those jobs aren't easily filled or undesirable. Trump will be doing what's best for America. We'll be able to read his executive order soon.
Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776. If you want to stop the war in Ukraine, fix elections, stop medical tyranny and forced vaccinations, lower inflation and make America and the world a better place, get Trump back into power. The Democrats and Republicans have shown they can't do the job. They are good at robbing us and getting people killed in non stop wars.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2020, 07:29:22 AM »

On the other hand the claim of Andrew is that the ban on flights from China was pointless is as bizarre as 'statements' from ms and some conspiracy theories from Confederate!

1/ Andrewfi explained his reasoning perfectly well

2/ I thought everyone knew that 5G masts were 'dangerous' ... not just 'Cornfed'

3/ My statements ? You mean like I didn't meet Clarkson when dressed as Fred Flinstone ? ;)

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Registration