The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Russian women  (Read 2224 times)

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Russian women
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2020, 04:25:37 AM »
Good article, but someone needs to tell the Russian men ;)
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline Danchik

• Russia Guru
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2020, 07:22:42 AM »
I've always used an analogy about Russia that goes like this.

When The USSR collapsed back in 1989-90 it went through a very unique transition. After the initial euphoria wore off and privatization by the oligarchs was in full motion, Russia was like some pubescent toddler finding its way with a sort of innocence of adventure.

By the end of the decade, Russia was going through its teenage years and started showing signs of a mature adult.

Like many adventurous teenagers, experimenting with one's new found freedoms meant taking chances that one might think twice of later in life, sexual experimentation and dealing with an economy on the brink of disaster among other, shall we say, normal growing pains one experiences. It was as exciting as it was desperate. 

And just like most of us when we were teenagers many of us learned from our mistakes, yet, couldn't shake our reputation from people who knew us during those times.

It's always interesting to hear what foreigners have to say once I tell them I live in Russia. When it comes to women, it isn't uncommon to hear things like RW are sluts (mostly from other women of course), easy to conquer and freaks in bed (well that might be true :chuckle:), along with a host of other stereotypical nonsense I'm sure many here have heard as if RW were the only women who thought or behaved this way.

That, IMO, is what's going on here. American movies, for one, perpetuate that image as most Russians are portrayed in movies as either prostitutes or gangsters.

I can assure anyone that Russia is now a full on adult and the women are much more discriminating than even 5 years ago IMO. Having a healthy attitude towards sex is only a problem in prudish countries like America and RW very much have a healthy attitude towards sex. They know what it takes to get and more importantly keep a man.

And like a mature woman who has had a series of failed/weird relationships, foreign and domestic, you have anything but an easy target. RW were easy when I first arrived over 20 years ago as a tourist as back then I was dealing with an adventurous teenager, but they have done a complete 180 IMO.

If anything, I find them to be quite the opposite of easy in the early stages of a relationship and if you want to hook up with one be prepared to scale mountains to prove your love.

I have yet to meet a woman from any culture that takes rejection quite like RW. That said, they want nothing more than to be in a loving relationship and are ready to move in that direction ASAP, that is after you've shown them you're worthy. But risking their hearts again is no easy feat to be sure.
When it is dark enough, men see the stars.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2020, 07:51:33 AM »
Good article, but someone needs to tell the Russian men ;)

There are plenty of Russian men who know!! Probably the Russian men you know are the old moaning type!!

On Russian women being easy generally a first date in Russia = Sex There are plenty of women on Tinder/Facbook/VK just looking for a quick ***** to let off some steam after a hard days work.. whoops sorry I mean a hard day eating frozen potatoes down the metro  :laugh:

Offline Wiz

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2020, 09:06:47 AM »
On Russian women being easy generally a first date in Russia = Sex There are plenty of women on Tinder/Facbook/VK just looking for a quick ***** to let off some steam after a hard days work.. whoops sorry I mean a hard day eating frozen potatoes down the metro  :laugh:

So where RW are they any different from other European women ?

Have you forgot the 18-30 Holiday club that it's still going?

Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2020, 09:12:48 AM »

So where RW are they any different from other European women ?

Have you forgot the 18-30 Holiday club that it's still going?

18-30 Club?? Yeah but after you have been on a few of those and find some 18/30 to marry.. then move in to your 2 up 2 down reality comes slamming in to your face.. all that sex goes out of the window? I mean you got to book the sex up with the wife after a few years and thats if you still want to ****** her, cos usually as it goes she put on 20 sone and doesn't wash to often..

That is what usually happens in between watching coronation street , sitting in the arm chair and saying "Make us a cup of tea love"

;D

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2020, 10:17:21 AM »
Not always true though. :)

That's why I am chafing at the bit to get on a plane!

Its always about finding the right person.
Open mind, open heart, decent package and all is good.
To be honest, I reckon the first two are the most important bits!

And a P.S, we tend to find what we're looking for. If one expects to find bad people, unattractive in whatever way one defines it, then that's what one will find.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2020, 10:25:21 AM »
Not always true though. :)

That's why I am chafing at the bit to get on a plane!

Its always about finding the right person.
Open mind, open heart, decent package and all is good.
To be honest, I reckon the first two are the most important bits!

And a P.S, we tend to find what we're looking for. If one expects to find bad people, unattractive in whatever way one defines it, then that's what one will find.

Yes your correct everyone has a choice in life to do as they please and make happen what they want to happen like every thing it all comes to how much effort you put in..

If your willing to work at it any thing can happen..

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2020, 12:27:47 AM »
I've always used an analogy about Russia that goes like this.

When The USSR collapsed back in 1989-90 it went through a very unique transition. After the initial euphoria wore off and privatization by the oligarchs was in full motion, Russia was like some pubescent toddler finding its way with a sort of innocence of adventure.

By the end of the decade, Russia was going through its teenage years and started showing signs of a mature adult.

Like many adventurous teenagers, experimenting with one's new found freedoms meant taking chances that one might think twice of later in life, sexual experimentation and dealing with an economy on the brink of disaster among other, shall we say, normal growing pains one experiences. It was as exciting as it was desperate. 

And just like most of us when we were teenagers many of us learned from our mistakes, yet, couldn't shake our reputation from people who knew us during those times.

It's always interesting to hear what foreigners have to say once I tell them I live in Russia. When it comes to women, it isn't uncommon to hear things like RW are sluts (mostly from other women of course), easy to conquer and freaks in bed (well that might be true :chuckle:), along with a host of other stereotypical nonsense I'm sure many here have heard as if RW were the only women who thought or behaved this way.

That, IMO, is what's going on here. American movies, for one, perpetuate that image as most Russians are portrayed in movies as either prostitutes or gangsters.

I can assure anyone that Russia is now a full on adult and the women are much more discriminating than even 5 years ago IMO. Having a healthy attitude towards sex is only a problem in prudish countries like America and RW very much have a healthy attitude towards sex. They know what it takes to get and more importantly keep a man.

And like a mature woman who has had a series of failed/weird relationships, foreign and domestic, you have anything but an easy target. RW were easy when I first arrived over 20 years ago as a tourist as back then I was dealing with an adventurous teenager, but they have done a complete 180 IMO.

If anything, I find them to be quite the opposite of easy in the early stages of a relationship and if you want to hook up with one be prepared to scale mountains to prove your love.

I have yet to meet a woman from any culture that takes rejection quite like RW. That said, they want nothing more than to be in a loving relationship and are ready to move in that direction ASAP, that is after you've shown them you're worthy. But risking their hearts again is no easy feat to be sure.

I certainly agree that  'Russian' women know how to keep their man .. unless he is dumb enough to lose one..

Most of our perspectives are from the initial meeting being online, rather than dating like a local and by the time we turn up, the lady has made her mind up - that were were worthy of her time ..

I've only found one v.hostile reaction to 'rejection' ... but that was from a women I'd never met in person and decided she was volatile and reminded me too much of my first wife...  In other cases simply seeking her agreement that this wasn't going to be a relationship leading to marriage sufficed ...   I could still talk to all those ladies whether they or I called it a day.

I guess it depends what the ladies' expectations of the guy is ? ..

Online Guile

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2020, 04:58:49 AM »

Yeah that was my impression too. Even for some holding hands or kissing takes a few dates or until they are comfortable with you.

Your comments on rejection, you mean that they don't take it too well? 

Offline Twinky

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2020, 11:50:30 AM »
When it comes to women, it isn't uncommon to hear things like RW are sluts (mostly from other women of course), easy to conquer and freaks in bed (well that might be true :chuckle:), along with a host of other stereotypical nonsense I'm sure many here have heard as if RW were the only women who thought or behaved this way.
In former days something like that thinking about (politically) black peoples with "a host of other stereotypical nonsense".  This "stereotypical nonsense" was the basis for social bullying and other violations of individual rights. Danchik, why you hanging around such people (mostly around the "other women"), and hearing all this garbage? :whistle: :scared0005:

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2020, 12:07:26 PM »
Danchik 'knows' Russia better than you  :chuckle:

Online Guile

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2020, 11:24:48 PM »
Everyone knows "Russia" better than you Moby.

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2020, 01:12:30 AM »

If you were paying attention. Danchik was talking about western women and not Russia.
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2020, 03:52:58 AM »

If you were paying attention. Danchik was talking about western women and not Russia.

I realise English is not your first language, but that is an extraordinary howler.

1/ What is the thread title?

2/ Danchik describes his experiences / observations of......Russian women..

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2020, 03:15:11 AM »
When it comes to women, it isn't uncommon to hear things like RW are sluts (mostly from other women of course), easy to conquer and freaks in bed (well that might be true :chuckle:), along with a host of other stereotypical nonsense I'm sure many here have heard as if RW were the only women who thought or behaved this way.
In former days something like that thinking about (politically) black peoples with "a host of other stereotypical nonsense".  This "stereotypical nonsense" was the basis for social bullying and other violations of individual rights. Danchik, why you hanging around such people (mostly around the "other women"), and hearing all this garbage? :whistle: :scared0005:

I realise English is not your first language, but that is an extraordinary howler.

Lets see how my English explains above posts in total:
- Danchik explains how Western Women describe Russian women
- Twinky replies to that with a bit of truth from Russia inside.
- You quip that Danchik knows Russia better than Twinky.
- I'm replying about point 1. It is about western women description of RW.

Please tell me where I am wrong.
OO===[][]===OO

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2020, 03:37:50 AM »

Lets see how my English explains above posts in total:
- Danchik explains how Western Women describe Russian women
- Twinky replies to that with a bit of truth from Russia inside.
- You quip that Danchik knows Russia better than Twinky.
- I'm replying about point 1. It is about western women description of RW.

Please tell me where I am wrong.

1/ AGAIN .. the title - is a clue

2/ Danchik mentions his experience of RU women ( in passing makes short reference to what western women think)

3/ I point out that  Danchik was suggesting to a Russian women ( Twinky)  that he knew 'more' about Russian women ..

4/ You are clearly bored .. I'm not going into the tiny percentage .

I have noticed that when you're mistaken .. it's hard for you to let go ..

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2020, 05:25:30 AM »
4/ You are clearly bored .. I'm not going into the tiny percentage .

I have noticed that when you're mistaken .. it's hard for you to let go ..
I will leave it upon other readers of above 3 posts to decide who is wrong and who has problems letting go.
OO===[][]===OO

Online Guile

« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2020, 05:57:36 AM »
Moobie Virus you're never wrong huh. get a life and do some self quarantining from the forum for 14 days.  I'll bet you 1000 pounds you can't stay away for that long.  :ROFL: :ROFL:  It's your addiction.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2020, 06:00:02 AM »
Mystic moby does more projection than Odeon!
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Danchik

• Russia Guru
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2020, 02:54:28 AM »
Hi Twinky, sorry for the delay in responding.

Sometimes you find yourself around people with views different from your own. People are going to say and believe what they want, but I see it as an opportunity to show people how their prejudice is unfounded.

I don't go out of my way to meet these people, but consider it an opportunity to enlighten when the opportunity presents itself. It's not always from women BTW

Sterotypes will always exist, albeit born with some truth attached. And it's useful to remember how prejudices form and manifest themselves in others.

As I said previously, people in general tend to close dialog and not let others change and grow, nor grow themselves. Even (especially) on this board you have people who think that others hang on their every word, never consider another's view and can't wait to hear themselves speak again. It's sad really.

There's a story about a black man, Daryl Davis, who through circumstances, was able to convince, over time, 200 KKK members to change their views about blacks through action and intelligent dialog where they eventually renounce their allegiance to the KKK. 

This is somewhat similar to what I do when I talk to people about their prejudice towards Russia. While I make no claim about doing what Mr. Davis has done, I have changed a few with regard to their views on Russia and Russians.

Educating people about what's real, using dialog, experience and facts, works sometimes. Why not see if you can change a few people along the way? And that would include myself as I'm not opposed to hearing thoughtful opinions that differ from mine.
When it is dark enough, men see the stars.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2020, 03:15:27 AM »

Mystic moby does more projection than Odeon!

Moobie Virus you're never wrong huh. get a life and do some self quarantining from the forum for 14 days.  I'll bet you 1000 pounds you can't stay away for that long.  :ROFL: :ROFL:  It's your addiction.

You'll excuse me andrewfi and 'guile' - but unlike you two.. I've actually been with the same Russian woman for six years..   Danchik hasn't told us if he's in a long-term relationship or 'still lookin', after all thee years..

I'm not that desperate for a £1,000, 'guile', but it might be considered a 'public service' to those who post about Russia and prove they haven't been near the place in may be a decade or more or can't keep a woman happy for more than a few weeks..

So, what are your rules for my holiday ? I think you'll need help to pay up ..  :chuckle:

From my side, I'm happy to take a holiday and will accept one thousand UK pounds or equiv in R Roubles and donate it to the UK charity Children in Need and a mod on here that *I* nominate can verify.

Once the rules are agreed, the timing of my holiday can begin.

Let's make your big gob make something good of its inability to keep shut, before engaging gear..

Registration