The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Mad dash to be in the UK before 'Brexit'  (Read 766 times)

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Mad dash to be in the UK before 'Brexit'
« on: January 21, 2020, 02:22:52 PM »
As I wanted to pay SC from a UK company, we applied on the 27th of Dec for a National Insurance ( Social Security) number

She had her interview, today...   Before with V - there was no interview.

We had booked an interpreter - but no was laid on and I was 'allowed' to translate' - but SC understood the Q's put to her, mostly.

We were told there'd be no problem issuing one, but it might take EIGHT WEEKS  to get it .. and she was given a confirmation of application to allow her to start a job - if required.

Two things:

1/ I asked why so long to get the interview / wait for the number ?;

A: "Sheer volume of work - Staff working weekends and getting LOTS of overtime to cope with a surge in EU applicants" :)   I expect immigration to go UP in a surge

2/  Some of you will have seen SC's stamps that allow her to be here in the UK  and we are no subject to a  'wet stamp' investigation as 'cunning' fraudsters used such a scenario to claim legal entry and STUPIDLY apply for a NI number ?! ...  Seems a pretty DUMB thing to highlight one's illegality !
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline Manny

Re: Mad dash to be in the UK before 'Brexit'
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2020, 01:18:22 AM »
As I wanted to pay SC from a UK company, we applied on the 27th of Dec for a National Insurance ( Social Security) number

Why does she need an NI number as you claim she is only a visitor?
Trip Reports: Links to my travels in Russia, Estonia, North Korea, South Korea, China and the US are >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2020, 02:48:50 AM »

The clue was in the getting paid by a UK based company in the UK

Madam IS leaving the UK, but will be visiting again  - despite her 'welcome' on 26th December

AMAZINGLY she likes it here !

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2020, 02:49:49 AM »
BTW ... 

I note you didn't comment on immigration numbers going up...  They've been going down for EU citizens

Online rosco

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2020, 04:38:46 AM »

She had her interview, today...   Before with V - there was no interview.

We had booked an interpreter - but no was laid on and I was 'allowed' to translate' - but SC understood the Q's put to her, mostly.

We were told there'd be no problem issuing one, but it might take EIGHT WEEKS  to get it .. and she was given a confirmation of application to allow her to start a job - if required.

Two things:

1/ I asked why so long to get the interview / wait for the number ?;

A: "Sheer volume of work - Staff working weekends and getting LOTS of overtime to cope with a surge in EU applicants" :)   I expect immigration to go UP in a surge

2/  Some of you will have seen SC's stamps that allow her to be here in the UK  and we are no subject to a  'wet stamp' investigation as 'cunning' fraudsters used such a scenario to claim legal entry and STUPIDLY apply for a NI number ?! ...  Seems a pretty DUMB thing to highlight one's illegality !

I'd need to look back at what we did but I agree, why would she need a national insurance number, as a visitor? I thought you told us that in order to get her in first time round, you were claiming that you both resided together in another EEA member state? And the purpose of the residence in the EEA member state was NOT to circumvent UK immigration law, applying to non EEA nationals?

Also, does she not need to pass certain English speaking tests before being issued a NI, I can't quite recall? I know my wife did on a number of occasions at a direct cost to us but at what stage I can't recall. I assume you're hoping to avoid all these additional expenses too?

You do understand why there are quite a few members here, sceptical about the fabricated tales and manipulation of the various rules and laws, so you can get her into the UK on the cheap? You told us she didn't like it here, now she's a visitor with a multi entry 6 month visa after having her passport stamped at the border, and now she's looking for a NI.

All seems all a bit wiffy to me and one could confuse your honest intentions with a direct manipulation of Uk law.

Good luck to you but don't get too angry when you hit a rocky road because what you've done here, seems to be filled with tall tails. Stick to your initial lies where possibly would be my advice.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2020, 04:57:16 AM »

Ooooh, oooh, please can I answer this question! :)

He's lying, he's been lying and he will continue to lie. His intention is to smuggle another woman into the United Kingdom, notwithstanding his claims to the contrary.

If he can successfully smuggle her into the UK on a permanent basis then she can get a pension, health care, unemployment benefits, housing benefits - all sorts of free money which as moby knows is always the best kind of money.

Will she be able to claim carer benefits for 'looking after' his ailing mother? Which is more valuable to moby I wonder - his attendance benefits or getting his latest wife payments for being a full-time carer?
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Manny

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2020, 10:01:41 AM »
The clue was in the getting paid by a UK based company in the UK

No doubt an off the shelf LTD of yours that will never file accounts "paying" her to do nowt so she can get her feet under the table, bank account and a credit file. You're so transparent.

Madam IS leaving the UK, but will be visiting again  - despite her 'welcome' on 26th December

I'm sure she will be in and out like a fiddlers elbow.

Quelle surprise. Who'da thunk it?

I note you didn't comment on immigration numbers going up...  They've been going down for EU citizens

Romanians and others trying to get in for some free money last gasp, like you. The suckling will soon stop.

He's lying, he's been lying and he will continue to lie. His intention is to smuggle another woman into the United Kingdom, notwithstanding his claims to the contrary.

If he can successfully smuggle her into the UK on a permanent basis then she can get a pension, health care, unemployment benefits, housing benefits - all sorts of free money which as moby knows is always the best kind of money.

Will she be able to claim carer benefits for 'looking after' his ailing mother? Which is more valuable to moby I wonder - his attendance benefits or getting his latest wife payments for being a full-time carer?

For our friends over the pond, an NI number in the UK is like your SSN. As we all know, tourists and visitors dont need one.  (:)
Trip Reports: Links to my travels in Russia, Estonia, North Korea, South Korea, China and the US are >>here<<

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2020, 10:57:56 AM »
BTW ... 

u.m sure except when the official stats say youre wrong
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2020, 11:04:41 AM »
Some interesting numbers: https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/populationandmigration/internationalmigration/bulletins/migrationstatisticsquarterlyreport/august2019

Worth noting: these numbers are accepted as being inaccurate due to the method of survey. What does seem clear is that while there are still more EU citizens moving to the UK than leaving there is a reduction in numbers of people from CEE countries and that would seem to be an outcome that would not displease the UK government or many of the UK's citizens overmuch.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2020, 12:28:39 PM »

??

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/nov/28/net-migration-from-eu-at-lowest-level-since-2003-ons-figures-show

My info is quoting the UK Office of National Statistics

:coffeeread:

Online rosco

• Supporting Member
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2020, 02:22:36 PM »
BTW ... 

It’s a bugger when facts get in the way of an agenda.

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2020, 03:16:57 PM »

??

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/nov/28/net-migration-from-eu-at-lowest-level-since-2003-ons-figures-show

My info is quoting the UK Office of National Statistics

:coffeeread:

ah but you said something else. europe immigration going down. thats just not true.

nl alone has over 700 new applicants every week
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline Dogsoldier

• Supporting Member
  • Spouses Country: Україна
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2020, 09:51:29 PM »
Factoid:

Most of you will know of Goa as a popular tourist destination.
Goa was a Portuguese colony until 1961 when it was forcibly liberated by India.

Portugal recognises Goans born before 1961 and their children and grandchildren as Portuguese citizens if their birth has been registered in the Central Registry of Portugal.

An increase in applications for Portuguese passports was seen after Portugal joined the EU in 1986.

This has become a flood now. However, very few of these ‘Portuguese’ citizens go to Portugal. Most come to the UK, clutching their shiny new passport without ever going  to Portugal.
Their is now a sizeable population of these Portuguese Indians living around the Bristol/Swindon area.

Bring on Brexit.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2020, 04:32:14 AM »

No doubt an off the shelf LTD of yours that will never file accounts "paying" her to do nowt so she can get her feet under the table, bank account and a credit file. You're so transparent.

You seem to know all the 'dodges' - so perhaps you are getting someone mixed up with the stunts of someone closer to home  ? ;)  .. Will this response be 'trolling ', too  ? :)))

I'm sure she will be in and out like a fiddlers elbow.

MAY BE ... but without UK residency - that would not be allowable after 31/12/2020

Quelle surprise. Who'da thunk it?

Not THAT much ..;)

Romanians and others trying to get in for some free money last gasp, like you. The suckling will soon stop.

Manny proves his 'ignorance' re claiming benefits - they cannot claim for HOW long ?

Quote from: someone claiming to be 'HONEST' !

)))

It will be 'interesting' to see her claim 'Caring' for Ma from Cyprus or Thailand...SC is leaving the UK  this weekend for sunnier climes

NOT claiming from the state has been made clear already ..BTW Attendance allowance is sl. means tested and Carer's allowance is not - and our Ma has not been claiming either - though so entitled..

MY kids didn't use state schools until late secondary - not my choice - so it is more than HILARIOUS to read mock 'holier than though' bollox from those who actually use the state's funds  to educate their kids

Quote from: someone claiming to be 'HONEST' !
For our friends over the pond, an NI number in the UK is like your SSN. As we all know, tourists and visitors dont need one.  (:)

It's know as a 'NIno', now in the UK and it does NOT prove residency - DUH ;)

The STUPID is strong today with some

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2020, 04:34:32 AM »

It’s a bugger when facts get in the way of an agenda.

:))

It's a bugger when you haven't READ what was posted and PROVE it ..

1/ Do you doubt what the NIno lady from the UK DWP says?

2/ Do you doubt the ONS stats

3/ Did I not say a huge surge in EU applications ?

Offline Manny

« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2020, 10:37:45 AM »
MY kids didn't use state schools until late secondary - not my choice - so it is more than HILARIOUS to read mock 'holier than though' bollox from those who actually use the state's funds  to educate their kids

I'll reply to this silliness elsewhere.

Registration