The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Meeting and Remembering 16 Years and counting  (Read 1599 times)

Offline MBS01

• Spouses Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 20+
Meeting and Remembering 16 Years and counting
« on: September 13, 2019, 03:37:44 PM »
We had a surprise call from RVRWIND Wednesday evening that he and Valya would be flying through Toronto on the way to the Dominion Republic on Thursday evening how about meeting up?  Since Lora continues to teach Music evenings it was up to me to head out to the airport to meet them and visit for a short time. After getting the last bag on the conveyor belt they finally came out into the public area!  Then off for a smoke before connecting to their hotel followed by stopping by a local bar (pub, grill) we spent about 2 hours together and catching up.

For newer folks or those with shorter memories Richard and I had posted online and even met up during our visits to Russian and/or Ukraine back in 2001 and 2002!   Then in September 2003 both Richard and Valya married in Tver, Russia on September 20th followed by Lora and myself on September 25 in Dnepropetrovsk, Ukraine.  In Tver there were 3 couples of Canadian men and their wives (or soon to be wives) so rather an interesting occasion.

Although we continued to keep in contact online and over the years this was the first time since their marriage that we actually met up and talked about our adventures and where life has taken us all over the years.

Richard as well as Lora and myself have met up with Andrew in Estonia among others and chatted about those we have encountered over the years both online or in person. 

So it was a real treat to spend a couple of hours together with another couple who shared these same experiences in there own way many years ago.

And yes for those that are wondering RVR still wears his "Cowboy Hat" everywhere!

So Happy 16th. Anniversary next Friday Richard and Valya.  Likewise to LeslieD and others who have or soon will be celebrating a similar milestone with their FSU brides and wives.

Registration