The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Will Russian (FSU) Women Really Stay Slim? Discussion About the Value of Slim.  (Read 3659 times)

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
Mod note: Split from another topic.

They usually stay the same for you as they get older not fat, short hair etc. If you do the job they are loyal to you.

Mr. Strange, while your advice is well meant it seems to be aimed at one who has little need of it. :) Our hero does and he is definitely looking for somebody quite a bit younger than himself in order that he might cast his genes into the future with some willing participant rather than committing the sin named for Onan.

The propensity for Russian women to become overweight is not far from that of USAian women to do so. The significant difference between USAian women and Russian women is that USAian women get fat earlier, but by the time they are around 40 they are about the same. You, Mr. Strange, being from the Nordics might find yourself in company with women who are not as pudgy as either Russian or USAian women.

Of course, if one follows a trap and release strategy then one might hope to be able to get a replacement before she tubs up, but given that so many are looking for their first, that seems unlikely.

Ho hum, things got worse, much worse since I last looked a while back, quite a while back. According to this source: https://www.mskagency.ru/materials/2790383?block_mode=iframe by the time women reach 30, 60% are overweight. The one thing that has not changed is that Rusian men remain skinnier than their womenfolk with just 50% overweight by age 30.

What the remote or poorly connected viewer will probably have noted is that the USA has many more people who are obese. But overweight is overweight, obesity is just a lot overweight. To place that context for you, by 2016, 26.0% of women in Russia were obese and 37% of USAian women had attained landwhale obese status. I'd bet a large chunk of imaginary Internet money that most people would be unable to discern the difference in percentage from a random walk down a street.

For those whose imagination is in firm control of their eyes: http://apps.who.int/gho/data/view.main.CTRY2450A?lang=en
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Mr. Strange, while your advice is well meant it seems to be aimed at one who has little need of it. :) Our hero does and he is definitely looking for somebody quite a bit younger than himself in order that he might cast his genes into the future with some willing participant rather than committing the sin named for Onan.

The propensity for Russian women to become overweight is not far from that of USAian women to do so. The significant difference between USAian women and Russian women is that USAian women get fat earlier, but by the time they are around 40 they are about the same. You, Mr. Strange, being from the Nordics might find yourself in company with women who are not as pudgy as either Russian or USAian women.

Of course, if one follows a trap and release strategy then one might hope to be able to get a replacement before she tubs up, but given that so many are looking for their first, that seems unlikely.

Ho hum, things got worse, much worse since I last looked a while back, quite a while back. According to this source: https://www.mskagency.ru/materials/2790383?block_mode=iframe by the time women reach 30, 60% are overweight. The one thing that has not changed is that Rusian men remain skinnier than their womenfolk with just 50% overweight by age 30.

What the remote or poorly connected viewer will probably have noted is that the USA has many more people who are obese. But overweight is overweight, obesity is just a lot overweight. To place that context for you, by 2016, 26.0% of women in Russia were obese and 37% of USAian women had attained landwhale obese status. I'd bet a large chunk of imaginary Internet money that most people would be unable to discern the difference in percentage from a random walk down a street.

For those whose imagination is in firm control of their eyes: http://apps.who.int/gho/data/view.main.CTRY2450A?lang=en

This opens up once again the discussion about the value we western blokes put on 'slimness' and how we perceive slim women to be more beautiful than they actually are (or might otherwise be). I recall we once (probably a few years ago) discussed the fact that slimness is not a rarely found thing in the FSU, so isn't valued the same (highly) there. Maybe that is changing now. I noticed a few years back Russian women bigger than they were when I first went. Increased affluence and the resultant restaurants, convenience and fast food are the usual culprits........
Trip Reports: Links to my travels in Russia, Estonia, North Korea, South Korea, China and the US are >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
I recall we once (probably a few years ago) discussed the fact that slimness is not a rarely found thing in the FSU, so isn't valued the same (highly) there. Maybe that is changing now. I noticed a few years back Russian women bigger than they were when I first went. Increased affluence and the resultant restaurants, convenience and fast food are the usual culprits........

I suggest that less exercise, walking - and more car ownership is also to blame in the FSU ...

But I think you are missing andrewfi's point ..

OF COURSE most will put on weight - esp. if they move to the west and eat our crappy pre-prepared meals and  exercise less.

Our metabolisms slow down, too

In the west many POORER people are fatter / obese than those who can afford buy better food ?

I know plenty of FSU W in their fifties with bikini bodies - they don't need to wear a one piece to hold it all in 
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea

In the west many POORER people are fatter / obese than those who can afford buy better food ?
Usually because quality food is much more expensive than fast-food.

Point in time: Work restaurant for lunch:

Cola
French fries
Burger
-------------
3 euro 40.

Milk
1 Sandwich with eggs
1 french bread with ham, cheese, tomato and cucumber (healthy bread (advertisement))
-------------
8 euro 45.

So what would a poorer man choose if he did not bring his own lunch.
The only expensive thing is cola, compared to milk. I could reduce the fast food menu a bit in price by choosing milk but that seemed out of place.

OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
It is normal to prize that which is perceived as being rare.

There's no shortage of cases that we have seen over the years, including one very prolific poster who delights in sharing pics where it is clear that the sole basis for considering the woman physically attractive is that she is significantly more slender than most of her peers.

Other cultures prefer fatter partners, whether male or female on the basis of their excess fat. Oddly enough, in both cases, it is seen as a sign of good health and wealth. In the one case slenderness is valued because it shows they take care of themselves and can afford to eat well. In the other case, stoutness is valued because it shows the person is healthy and can afford to eat well.

How many of the skinny women so highly prized by some would rate a second glance if they were of average stature? Very few I think.

Even in the long-ago days, when guys were telling us about how skinny women were in Russia, the reality was not as they perceived it. What they were seeing were selected examples that were not typical of women overall. Guys were seeing younger, more attractive women who were being marketed to them by businesses who knew what their paying clientele wanted to pay for.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
Andrewfi demonstrates he's not been on any Russian / Ukrainian beaches recently...

It is normal to prize that which is perceived as being rare.

There's no shortage of cases that we have seen over the years, including one very prolific poster who delights in sharing pics where it is clear that the sole basis for considering the woman physically attractive is that she is significantly more slender than most of her peers.

1/ Not as prolific as you and I do have a long-term relationship with a non too unusual 'slim' RU lady and

2/  would probably post less photos if you - in particular - weren't suggesting some bollox that a photo from various locations so easily busts...

It is blooming obvious that either your eyes are failing you, or you cannot be getting out much from behind your screen..

There are plenty of attractive women in their thirties, forties and even fifties that can still wear a bikini and are pleasant on the eye in the places you clearly do not visit....

Proportionally, they outnumber W.European lasses who tend to be shorter in the leg, have more Tatoos and go red on seeing a little sun.

Sochi...last weekend..3 lasses in their (near to far) thirties, fifties and forties.....  Not NEARLY as rare as andrewfi suggests ....hmmm

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
Just noticed...there is a forth woman beyond who also has a good god....

Offline Mr strange

• Trips: None Yet
Well thank you for making a small bit into???????

I might just have writen taking care of themselves better? Stick to healthier habits and not like the more typical US single women or western European.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member

I might just have writen taking care of themselves better? Stick to healthier habits and not like the more typical US single women or western European.

What makes you think women elsewhere are different in respect of taking care of themselves in Russia? There are some differences due to gender-based relative economic power differences, that's reducing over time as the country becomes more wealthy but any difference from that effect is not going to last long once she is with you and living in your, much more egalitarian, culture - unless you are buying a pet. Nothing wrong with buying a pet, but be sure that you can afford the upkeep!

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
Andrewfi

I can think of several members' wives and ex's who have been 'imported' FSU W and remain slim 10 years on..

Are you suggesting they are not cared for?

Offline Mr strange

No it seems like argument for the sake of it to the point of devalue the content of the forum in the process.

Offline Manny

No it seems like argument for the sake of it to the point of devalue the content of the forum in the process.

It's called discussion. The point of a discussion forum.  :coffeeread:
Trip Reports: Links to my travels in Russia, Estonia, North Korea, South Korea, China and the US are >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED

It's called discussion. The point of a discussion forum.  :coffeeread:

:ROFL:

What IS funny, is that If I post fact - it is sidelined and when andrewfi posts bollox - it is 'discussion '

Offline Mr strange

Same here!

But I do agree on myself saying that I should have my statement before shared clear enough not debated to death! Even pets join the sillyness.

Offline NS1

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 5-10
I have a different experience, I believe women will gain weight
under normal circumstances. but when in the FSU most are slimmer  by a far margin.
Age 50+ I notice women gaining in FSU but even then, not to the same degree
as in the west. Here many young girls are fat at a very young age.
Lifestyle likely plays a big roll in this.

Small sample size, I know about 8-10 FSU women in this area.
None of them have gained any weight. they all have access to decent food.
Most exercise. My wife is not a fair example, she loves to work out
and likely more fit than most 18 year olds.

Diabetes is growing at a rabid rate as younger people are much bigger
and very poor diet. Middle age women, common to be 30 to 50 lbs over weight.
It has become a problem in North America.

Side note, most European women here are often in better shape and western counter part of same age
in my experience.
There is nothing permanent except change.

Offline yankee

I have a different experience, I believe women will gain weight
under normal circumstances. but when in the FSU most are slimmer  by a far margin.
Age 50+ I notice women gaining in FSU but even then, not to the same degree
as in the west. Here many young girls are fat at a very young age.
Lifestyle likely plays a big roll in this.

Small sample size, I know about 8-10 FSU women in this area.
None of them have gained any weight. they all have access to decent food.
Most exercise. My wife is not a fair example, she loves to work out
and likely more fit than most 18 year olds.

Diabetes is growing at a rabid rate as younger people are much bigger
and very poor diet. Middle age women, common to be 30 to 50 lbs over weight.
It has become a problem in North America.

Side note, most European women here are often in better shape and western counter part of same age
in my experience.

My wife has been in the US for 11 years and has not gained 1 lb.
What is worse than not being able to get what you don't even want?

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
moby, and other hard of thinkers. It matters not one whit what your samples of one do, look like or even weigh. The sensible folks understand that extrapolating from a single data point to a generalization makes no sense at all. But, hey, math is hard.

Secondly, frankly, if you tell me that a single individual has not changed is, or her, weight by as much as 16 ounces over a decade or more then either you trying to be complimentary about a person that I have seen, will never know and have no interest in. Humans change weight every day. Remember the thing I have said before about people who say they never tell lies - well, here's an example of saying stuff that you know to be untrue - but how many of you would hold your hands u if I were to suggest that you are less than 100% honest?

So, which two days are you guys suggesting we should take as the reference points? Did you check her weight diary?

Do you want credibility? Say something like, she's almost as slim, she looks as good as the day I met her. They may not be true but they are not obviously falsehoods!

Offline yankee

moby, and other hard of thinkers. It matters not one whit what your samples of one do, look like or even weigh. The sensible folks understand that extrapolating from a single data point to a generalization makes no sense at all. But, hey, math is hard.

Secondly, frankly, if you tell me that a single individual has not changed is, or her, weight by as much as 16 ounces over a decade or more then either you trying to be complimentary about a person that I have seen, will never know and have no interest in. Humans change weight every day. Remember the thing I have said before about people who say they never tell lies - well, here's an example of saying stuff that you know to be untrue - but how many of you would hold your hands u if I were to suggest that you are less than 100% honest?

So, which two days are you guys suggesting we should take as the reference points? Did you check her weight diary?

Do you want credibility? Say something like, she's almost as slim, she looks as good as the day I met her. They may not be true but they are not obviously falsehoods!

fifi,  I don't give a shit what you think either.  The conversation is about weight of FSU women.  This morning she weighed herself to be 127 lbs. and that is approximately what she was back in 2008 when we got married.  This has nothing to do with you being obese, so just get over it.
What is worse than not being able to get what you don't even want?

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED

'Credibility' may well be what you seek .. but by responding to posts when well and truly BUSTED...  you aren't helping your 'case'..

FACT:  My ex-wife ( Russian ) and fiancee ( Russian) are are sub 50 Kg  and ( apart from being pregnant) have always been less than 50Kg 

I have known them 12 and over five years, respectively..

I have dated other FSU ladies who are now in their late forties and early to mid 50's and all but one of 'em would put most w.european women in their early 20's to shame..as they have 'looked after themselves'..

The images above are all of RU ladies in their 6th decade and one is not far from her 7th

One lives in the US - where one might expect to see an expanded figure

ALL are single nd the photos are recent - as in no more than 2 years old ..