The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: VK Ban for Ukrainians!?!  (Read 16572 times)

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
Re: VK Ban for Ukrainians!?!
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2019, 02:23:08 PM »

Harsh advice is the best advice unfortunately. Those women in UA dreams are already married or have lovers, they are just laughing at you, trust me on this!

The women on every page here? You really think they are real also? And looking to be rescued by some man from another country? If you was ever to meet any women looking like this /model style/stunning in real life either in Russia or Ukraine they will simply not be interested in you, in fact you would embarrass yourself even approaching them..

Yes its life! Life sucks, beautiful women don't need foreigners any more ((

I was doing doing free membership on my site, but I gave it up a while back. But I can see you need some help and pointing in the right direction. If you register at Bridesandlovers I will upgrade you for a years free membership.. Speak to some real women :) Just let me know your ID number.. tiphat

Are you saying all the really beautiful women on every dating site are all unreal and gone? If it's true, yeah that sucks! :'(  Come to think of it, beautiful women don't need to stand & wait in a queue to be picked, right? But I wouldn't mind the embarrassment. At least I'll can tell myself that I tried & talked to beautiful women. I don't mean talk to them as in online letters. But in person, when I go to see Ukraine. I'm learning basic Ukrainian.  :reading: Baby steps really! Learning to say Dad & Mom and so on. :-* I think knowing the language will help.

You have a website?! Plus an amazing offer. Wow. That's awesome news and very generous of you Sir! Thank you kindly for showing me the way. Yes I'll do that. Hats off!

Pete :")

If I was you I wouldn't waste your time going to Ukraine, those women will rip you to bits and after you will be penniless .. DONT GO TO UKRAINE!!!! If your an older guy and a bit wiser it can be ok.. but for a young newbie like yourself , you will be dead meat after the first day ;D
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline Olga_Mouse

« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2019, 02:55:18 PM »
Do you really think that if a woman was serious about dating and marrying a foreigner she would join a site which does everything in their power to prevent that?

:thumbsup:
Leaving Russia is not an emigration, rather an evacuation.

Offline dcguyusa

• Spouses Country: North America, South America, Europe, Asia
  • Trips: None Yet
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2019, 05:28:00 PM »
Will the lady get into trouble if she shares her direct contacts? Is that the case here? If it is, does this mean she is insincere?

The profiles on that site are under contract not to share personal information from either party during any communication (that includes translated phone calls).  Sharing personal information can only occur after a direct meeting at a local UADreams office.  And the lady can, of course, decide not to share it with you after the meeting.  She will "get into trouble" if she is able to subvert the restrictions of the contract with the dating site.  The dating site says they are protecting both parties by blocking direct contact between the two of you.  Sort of like an anti-stalker prevention rules.  Does it mean that she is insincere?  Hard to tell.  Some previous users said they were able to find social media posts of some of the profiles which showed the lady as having male friends/companions.   :GRRRR:
An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Offline alwayspete

• Sanity calms, but madness is more interesting!
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2019, 07:51:15 PM »

Pete perhaps a better word is “delusions”. You’re contradicting yourself because in fact you wasted your hard earned cash on a PPL site.

Do you really think that if a woman was serious about dating and marrying a foreigner she would join a site which does everything in their power to prevent that?

You could have purchased a monthly membership to a legit site and made some progress.

No delusions either! I don't know what's up with all the categorizing you're trying to achieve! I'm not at all contradicting myself. I did do my research and was well aware of what I was getting into well before signing up at UADreams. I just had to try and experience it. Tickets to an IMAX movie is all that cost me. It's not huge money for me. I frequent the movies all the time. So this, in a way was entertaining to an extend and educative. I watched for & did come across some of the negative aspects mentioned in the reviews. I don't see it as a loss at all. Not all the women there are scammers. There are women who are also victimized over there just like the men. It's okay man. Now that I'm gifted with a years membership for free on a trustworthy website. Thanks to  Steve!

Offline alwayspete

« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2019, 08:01:43 PM »

Are you saying all the really beautiful women on every dating site are all unreal and gone? If it's true, yeah that sucks! :'(  Come to think of it, beautiful women don't need to stand & wait in a queue to be picked, right? But I wouldn't mind the embarrassment. At least I'll can tell myself that I tried & talked to beautiful women. I don't mean talk to them as in online letters. But in person, when I go to see Ukraine. I'm learning basic Ukrainian.  :reading: Baby steps really! Learning to say Dad & Mom and so on. :-* I think knowing the language will help.

You have a website?! Plus an amazing offer. Wow. That's awesome news and very generous of you Sir! Thank you kindly for showing me the way. Yes I'll do that. Hats off!

If I was you I wouldn't waste your time going to Ukraine, those women will rip you to bits and after you will be penniless .. DONT GO TO UKRAINE!!!! If your an older guy and a bit wiser it can be ok.. but for a young newbie like yourself , you will be dead meat after the first day ;D

I'm not going to Ukraine just for the women alone. Oh no Sir. Yes, I know I have to be careful and I will be. I'm not a complete idiot you know. I've been covering a lot of ground for over a year now educating myself, reading, watching videos, researching, contacting people etc. So I'm not exactly a newbie to all this. But there's always something new to learn and I'm at it. By the time I make the trip I'll sure be the wiser and a little bit older. :") Thanks Steve again! I'm happy that I met you here!

Pet :")

Offline alwayspete

« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2019, 08:05:33 PM »
Pete,

IF you are keen to find the lass elsewhere ..

Download her images ...

Upload them to Yandex.com  Their  image search engine ... Dragging and dropping from within a password protected site  will not work 

https://yandex.com/images/

IF she is wise - you will not find her as she will have made her SM profiles private

Hey msmoby! Thanks for a helpful tip! Will try it. Lets see what comes up! Thanks again!

P.S. What do I do after uploading her images? Thanks!

Offline alwayspete

« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2019, 08:08:08 PM »
Thanks to all the guys!

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2019, 08:12:06 PM »
 :dh:

Pete

You are wasting your money and kidding yourself ..

Many of us have been in the same situation as you - worn the t-shirt...

We didn't have such sites to 'wise us up' ;)

There's FAR better places to spend your money

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline alwayspete

« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2019, 08:16:18 PM »

Just like there are some men who aren't aware what's actually going on, there are women who aren't as well. Both men & women end up victims. I'm not taking about the pro daters and scammers here. Of course not!

Offline alwayspete

« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2019, 08:39:29 PM »
Will the lady get into trouble if she shares her direct contacts? Is that the case here? If it is, does this mean she is insincere?

The profiles on that site are under contract not to share personal information from either party during any communication (that includes translated phone calls).  Sharing personal information can only occur after a direct meeting at a local UADreams office.  And the lady can, of course, decide not to share it with you after the meeting.  She will "get into trouble" if she is able to subvert the restrictions of the contract with the dating site.  The dating site says they are protecting both parties by blocking direct contact between the two of you.  Sort of like an anti-stalker prevention rules.  Does it mean that she is insincere?  Hard to tell.  Some previous users said they were able to find social media posts of some of the profiles which showed the lady as having male friends/companions.   :GRRRR:

Thanks for your feedback! Yes I was already aware of all that you've stated. I been a member at UADreams for a short period of time. So I know the rules over there. But I didn't sign any contract that forbid me in sharing personal contact info. Though they did mention that it's not allowed. Yes they have middle men called the "translators" who edit out any personal information should anyone try to exchange them through letters or video chat. They say it's for the protection of their members. But we know that's not the major reason. Adults can take care of themselves. All they really want is to keep the men on the website where the company can keep earning. If men find their women directly they'll leave the website and cripple their income. Yes I've read the same about some women over there having photos of their boyfriends & even husbands with children on social media. But these days the social media profiles of these women are hidden 'cause it caused a lot of ruckus when the male members found their ladies already in a relationship. I myself went through 1600 something profiles with just a single name on VK. Nothing to be found! What I also read recently is that some of the names are fake as well. Don't know if this is true information but I read it somewhere.

But what kind of trouble would the women get into if they should violate their contract, go ahead and share personal contacts with the men?

Offline Guile

« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2019, 10:07:13 PM »
Pete, how old are you if I may ask? you sound a bit "green"..and eager.

Offline redroo

• Spouses Country: FSU
  • Trips: Semi-Resident
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2019, 10:28:57 PM »
Pete, you need to actually read the responses you get here....

you were told about VPN's, and yet you still asked how it's possible for Ukrainians to access sites.
Virtual Private Networks
I use Nord, and it's worth the small amount costs

cheers

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2019, 11:01:20 PM »
As a man, how happy would I be to be stalked across the Internet by some rando using my profile pics and image search? Hard to imagine many women having a more positive attitude.

One comes to understand just how it might be that some men are unable to find companions in their own country.

Guys, for those who think stalking women is OK - it isn't.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2019, 08:46:23 AM »

Just like there are some men who aren't aware what's actually going on, there are women who aren't as well. Both men & women end up victims. I'm not talking about the pro daters and scammers here. Of course not!

You don’t know what the hell you’re talking about. If you found a woman you wanted to date in America on match.com would you go to a third-party pimp who would tell you that you couldn’t meet her until you paid oodles of cash to him solely for the pleasure of writing to “her”....

but you couldn’t yet meet with her and then when you arrived after spending 2 grand on airfare she had a sick grandmother but wait here’s a book of gals you can “date” at expensive sushi places with an expensive guide and an overpriced pimp taxi driver...

Geesh you’re a tool.   :coffeeread:

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2019, 08:51:12 AM »

Just like there are some men who aren't aware what's actually going on, there are women who aren't as well. Both men & women end up victims. I'm not talking about the pro daters and scammers here. Of course not!

You don’t know what the hell you’re talking about.

If you met a nice woman on match.com in America would you go to a third-party pimp and pay him gobs of cash just for the pleasure of writing to “her”?   :prophead:

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2019, 09:03:45 AM »

Those are the rules yet depending on the local owner of the site and the gal those rules might be ignored.

A gal I was writing to gave me her real address and invited me to visit on the 4th letter.

Yes I went and saw her, had a great time with a borderline nymphomaniac, but in the end she wasn’t compatible for marriage. I would say it was more like the gals on Russian social media who advertise for a guy to pay for their vacay in exchange for an affair.

However that anomaly resulted in me wasting some more cash on writing to other gals on the same site and another until I learned my lesson.

Offline Olga_Mouse

« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2019, 01:38:46 PM »

Andrew, would you use the same word (stalking) if a woman would be looking up a man's profile on FB and other local sites, similar to "classmates" and so on?

It might actually give a lot of useful info - e.g. help to find out the guy is in reality 6 years older than he pretended on the dating website (it can be easily calculated when one sees the years he has attended school...)

From my point of view, it's only due diligence. There's nothing to be offended about, if one has nothing to hide.

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2019, 01:47:42 PM »
Pete, you have received good advice.

Is it possible that either you have a hard time accepting this or are a shill for the dating site?
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Online 2tallbill

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 10-20
VK Ban for Ukrainians!?!
« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2019, 03:15:09 PM »

Are you saying all the really beautiful women on every dating site are all unreal and gone? If it's true, yeah that sucks!

Pete,

What you've just done is paid a few bucks for tuition of the School of Hard
Knocks but you've found yourself here before you've gotten your organs
harvested, now you can get going down the right path

Many moons ago, I started a thread on how to get started. It's a bit outdated
because I have been off the dating market for several years.
http://ruadventures.com/forum/index.php/topic,4390.msg56897/highlight,rw+fever.html#msg56897

The forum owner wrote a book and it's a bit outdated but has a lot of good information
https://www.amazon.com/dp/0955687403/?tag=r0be2e-20

So what I advise is spend a lot of time researching on this forum. Read until
your eyes bleed. As you read along you will have questions and you can use
the search function or come back to this thread and ask them.

When you ask a question you will get a lot of advice. Some of that advice will
be solid gold, some of it will be total crap and some of it will be written as if all
they cared about is pissing you off.

Whatever you do, don't let people here piss you off. Your job is to sort through
the advice and pick out what you think works best for you, your personality and
your situation. You are relatively anonymous here and it's good to grow a thick
skin if you want to live through a verbal scrap or interrogation with a Russian
woman some day in the future.

So use the best advice and ignore the rest. Don't post photos of your paramour
on the forum. Most guys here are decent guys but there are a few total dick in
the butt types here too that would like nothing better than to wreck something
that you have going by telling clever lies to a girl. 

It's happened to me (more than once)

Udachi !! (means good luck in Russian)

Bill
FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Offline Olga_Mouse

« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2019, 03:58:49 PM »
When you ask a question you will get a lot of advice. Some of that advice will be solid gold, some of it will be total crap and some of it will be written as if all they cared about is pissing you off.

:ROFL: 
Do we still have "Quote of the week" thread down somewhere?

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2019, 04:07:42 PM »

Andrew, would you use the same word (stalking) if a woman would be looking up a man's profile on FB and other local sites, similar to "classmates" and so on?

It might actually give a lot of useful info - e.g. help to find out the guy is in reality 6 years older than he pretended on the dating website (it can be easily calculated when one sees the years he has attended school...)

From my point of view, it's only due diligence. There's nothing to be offended about, if one has nothing to hide.

If some woman saw my image in a place where my privacy was protected as a part of the way that venue did business and then started to use image search to find me in a different environment in order to strike up some kind of relationship then I can assure you that I not engage with her in any way, apart from to tell her to piss off.

I have had people track me down on one social site to another. While I consider it to be less disconcerting I would be hard pressed to think of a time when the outcome was a positive one, whether in business or personal spheres of life.

However, unless I have made it clear that the attention is unwanted AND the attention continues, then that is not stalking.

If I am using a site set up to protect my privacy then, as far as I am concerned, anyone who chooses to suborn that model to save a dollar, or any other reason, is not somebody I want to know.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline dcguyusa

« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2019, 05:20:08 PM »

Thanks for your feedback! Yes I was already aware of all that you've stated. I been a member at UADreams for a short period of time. So I know the rules over there. But I didn't sign any contract that forbid me in sharing personal contact info. Though they did mention that it's not allowed. Yes they have middle men called the "translators" who edit out any personal information should anyone try to exchange them through letters or video chat. They say it's for the protection of their members. But we know that's not the major reason. Adults can take care of themselves. All they really want is to keep the men on the website where the company can keep earning. If men find their women directly they'll leave the website and cripple their income. Yes I've read the same about some women over there having photos of their boyfriends & even husbands with children on social media. But these days the social media profiles of these women are hidden 'cause it caused a lot of ruckus when the male members found their ladies already in a relationship. I myself went through 1600 something profiles with just a single name on VK. Nothing to be found! What I also read recently is that some of the names are fake as well. Don't know if this is true information but I read it somewhere.

But what kind of trouble would the women get into if they should violate their contract, go ahead and share personal contacts with the men?

I came across a couple of dating sites that are honest enough to say that their services cannot be offered for free in order to sustain the site.  They need someone to foot the cost of running the site.  So the ones who can pay the cost are targeted.  The women are not going to unless it is a site like Match.com where both sides have to pay.

Some also use the excuse of the IMBRA law recently passed to support their rule of no direct communication between the two parties.  But, the underlying reason is really just the money to run the business.

If the lady violates the contract, I think the only recourse for the dating agency is to remove her profile from the dating site.  I don't think there are any punitive damages that can be assessed.  Many of the ladies on that site say that they are happy to have a "body guard" to help them and protect them in their dating ventures.  Is this really true?  Perhaps not.  I found it humorous with the hand written statements posted on the dating site by the male members.  Some look like chicken scratch.   :chuckle: You could never get in touch with the man to verify his "success story".   (:)

Offline dcguyusa

« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2019, 05:24:28 PM »

Those are the rules yet depending on the local owner of the site and the gal those rules might be ignored.

A gal I was writing to gave me her real address and invited me to visit on the 4th letter.

Yes I went and saw her, had a great time with a borderline nymphomaniac, but in the end she wasn’t compatible for marriage. I would say it was more like the gals on Russian social media who advertise for a guy to pay for their vacay in exchange for an affair.

However that anomaly resulted in me wasting some more cash on writing to other gals on the same site and another until I learned my lesson.

That's the issue with any dating site.  If your date turns out bad, come back and try again and again and again....  until your wallet runs dry.   :money: :duh: (:)

Offline dcguyusa

« Reply #48 on: April 04, 2019, 05:28:19 PM »
Pete, you have received good advice.

Is it possible that either you have a hard time accepting this or are a shill for the dating site?

Not sure about being a promo guy for a dating site, but some may get a "high" from communicating with all of the beautiful babes, just like vaping.     :party0031:

Offline alwayspete

« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2019, 01:34:15 AM »

you were told about VPN's, and yet you still asked how it's possible for Ukrainians to access sites.
Virtual Private Networks
I use Nord, and it's worth the small amount costs

cheers

Thanks for reminding me. You could use TOR. It's free!

Registration