The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: superstition, decadency and trivia in today's Ukraine  (Read 3419 times)

Offline salko

• Spouses Country: -
  • Trips: None Yet
superstition, decadency and trivia in today's Ukraine
« on: April 05, 2017, 06:44:35 AM »
would like to hear opinion of people knowing culture better than me. my opinion does not wort , formed only studying profiles on few dating sites, talking with few girls and visiting , very shortly Mikolaev , just to try vareniki , hahaa.

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
Re: superstition, decadency and trivia in today's Ukraine
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2017, 08:54:25 AM »
would like to hear opinion of people knowing culture better than me. my opinion does not wort , formed only studying profiles on few dating sites, talking with few girls and visiting , very shortly Mikolaev , just to try vareniki , hahaa.

WELCOME TO RUA

There are on RUA a number of threads that in a general way discuss superstitions of women from the former Soviet Union. I dislike making assumptions they often (and even more so on RUA) are the source of mistakes.

But I will assume being from BH there is a chance you might be Muslim. If yes have you told this to any of the numbers you have met and spoken to? If you are Christian Orthodox than you have some advantages over other members, some of who have been successful I might add.

Do you speak any Russian? Again if yes you have some advantages.

I assume you can do basic math. Look at the total population on Mikolaev/Nikolayev and figure what the population of single women are. Than using the same criteria apply your formula to another city in Ukraine with a comparable population. How many single women are looking to date a chap from what was Yugoslavia from each city?

For what it is worth while not always pierogi or varenyky are often made with ground pork and veal.

If you can meet a woman from Mikolaev and there is a possible attraction I would encourage you one way or the other to remove ASAP her from any agency that she is communicating through or via.

Please let us know how it goes.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline salko

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2017, 02:51:29 PM »
AvHdB
in your post you dislike and like assumptions! decide. i didnt think you would have assume about superstition, you live with Ukrainian woman, and visited Ukraine 20+ times. i mentioned decadency and trivia, you missed that. you mixed superstition and bigotry. first usually cause second , but big difference.
yes , i am Muslim, was born in BH. but i don't hide it, as you tried suggest. nothing to hide for normal people.
i finished only 2 years of primary school, my parents didn't have money to buy books for third grade.  :).
so my maths are very , very basic.  and no need to calculate population and number of available women. i am soon 64, anyway very limited number. you just wright of , population of 22 mill. as not wanted in Ukraine. SAMOUPRAVLJANJE as invention of Yugoslav communist is becoming more and more popular in rotten capitalism. Christian Orthodox from former Yugoslavia are more inclined towards Russia, even fight against Ukraine. opposite Catholics that fight for Ukraine. minced pork and weal( i wouldn't call it weal, it is beef, called in Ukraine weal) are so low , i don't want comment. just cant be on your level. suggestion to run fast as possible with "bride" is also extremely low. you missed great opportunity not staying in US for Trump's campaign. you would be very valuable with "alternative facts". thanks god , i vote in Australia.

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2017, 03:59:23 PM »
AvHdB
in your post you dislike and like assumptions! decide. i didnt think you would have assume about superstition, you live with Ukrainian woman, and visited Ukraine 20+ times. i mentioned decadency and trivia, you missed that. you mixed superstition and bigotry. first usually cause second , but big difference.
yes , i am Muslim, was born in BH. but i don't hide it, as you tried suggest. nothing to hide for normal people.
i finished only 2 years of primary school, my parents didn't have money to buy books for third grade:).

It's obvious. Good luck.  :sick0012:

Offline Volshe

• moderndayruth
  • Spouses Country: Narnia
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2017, 04:18:06 PM »
AvHdB
i finished only 2 years of primary school, my parents didn't have money to buy books for third grade:).

It's obvious. Good luck.  :sick0012:

Nah, in ex-Yu primary school (8 classes) were obligatory by the law, so at least one OP's statement is false. Oh, and no one was that poor  ;D

I have no idea what's been written in this thread because there's a lot of editing going on  :biggrin:

But, i did write before that in our once-country religion didn't matter. Growing up, i had no idea who is who nominally. I did know who I was, but not that it mattered in the big picture/ or was distinctive in any way. (Except the usual jokes.)

Zemljače, šta bi ovo, što se posvađa s narodom?  :duh:
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by."
Douglas Adams

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2017, 11:16:15 PM »
AvHdB
i finished only 2 years of primary school, my parents didn't have money to buy books for third grade.  :).
so my maths are very , very basic.  and no need to calculate population and number of available women. i am soon 64, anyway very limited number. you just wright of , population of 22 mill. as not wanted in Ukraine. SAMOUPRAVLJANJE as invention of Yugoslav communist is becoming more and more popular in rotten capitalism. Christian Orthodox from former Yugoslavia are more inclined towards Russia, even fight against Ukraine. opposite Catholics that fight for Ukraine. minced pork and weal( i wouldn't call it weal, it is beef, called in Ukraine weal) are so low , i don't want comment. just cant be on your level. suggestion to run fast as possible with "bride" is also extremely low. you missed great opportunity not staying in US for Trump's campaign. you would be very valuable with "alternative facts". thanks god , i vote in Australia.

I will refrain from commenting on the above, except to note this endeavour attracts some who are odd. As noted, with your attitude and approach you will need good luck and allot of that when you are on the banks of the Bug.

There are a number of threads that deal with bigotry, superstition as well as bride seekers lack of common sense. I see no reason to do your research if you are to lazy to use the search option available. RUA is an excellent resource.

We await your travel report.  :popcorn:
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline leslied

• Spouses Country: Ukraine
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2017, 01:08:56 AM »
MODERATOR COMMENT

I have cleaned up this thread.

Salko,

Address other members politely or you will not be posting on this forum much longer.

leslied

Offline salko

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2017, 06:18:15 AM »
AvHdB

for me , RUA seems more like place to spread propaganda and adverts for many people having some "business" connection with Russia and Ukraine. misleading everyone new, "no, without our help you will be lost". not any member "brave" enough to comment decadency and trivia in Ukraine? of course, no bucks in topic.

Registration