The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Old Scams- Renewed Vigour  (Read 4364 times)

Offline Dogsoldier

• Supporting Member
  • Spouses Country: Україна
  • Trips: 10-20
Old Scams- Renewed Vigour
« on: December 16, 2015, 02:31:22 PM »
I received an email today on a mail ru account I don't use very much.

Some details are edited and I am not including the picture that accompanied it as it is probably of a woman somewhere being used unbeknown to her.

Note the explicit reference to sex and erotic pics. I have never come across this before in a first letter. Looks like the scam artists are adopting more brazen methods to draw the gullible in.

Date: 16 December 2015 11:57:31 GMT
To: xxxxxxxxxxx@mail.ru
Subject: hey
Hi, dear. How are you? Please do not be surprised to my message. I know that we have with you a purpose in life - we want warmth and love. With your permission, I will tell you more about me. I am twenty five years old. I am cheerful, sociable girl. I love to dream and enjoy life. I like to spend time in good company. But in my heart right now is ice. I want to find a man who melts the cold. I'm sure you can be my prince. You know, I'm an open person, so to speak, I'm without complexes and without bad habits. I do not drink alcohol or smoke. If you have no complexes and ready to go in the world of pleasure and affection, if you are ready out of the gray boring life make vivid unforgettable tale, do not miss this chance, leave everything and write me soon! I love sex. We can communicate and share pics, even erotic. That's one of my photos. In the future, of course, you would get more of my pics and be able to know me closer. I hope that I could like you and our relationship will continue. Your passionate xxxxxxxx

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Old Scams- Renewed Vigour
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2015, 09:39:39 PM »
I used a mail.ru account for dating mail and it still gets bombarded with 20 something's photos and such letters ..Then there's sites I never used offering me an id and login or those I did use and left offering me free membership as I hadn't visited in over a year...  desperate measures in hard times, I guess
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline Eduard

• Commercial member
    • realrussianmatch.com
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2015, 06:46:48 PM »
yes, scams continue to go on and seems like it's the only way traditional MOB business is surviving now days. Things have changed pretty drastically in terms of demographics of men who are seeking FSU women and attitudes toward the USA and American men among Russians. The majority of men who contact me now are Western Europeans, and my clients for the past 2 years have been almost exclusively from Western Europe. I still get contacted by Americans here and there, but their income is usually not sufficient enough to take on this venture (no matter which method of searching they chose). Also most Russian women are not interested in Americans or moving to the USA these days. You can still find exceptions but it's much harder than it was even 2 years ago and requires at least twice as much time and effort for me to make it happen.

However it is still not hard to find a suitable FSU life partner for Western European men (providing they have realistic expectations). And so I keep on keeping on  tiphat

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2015, 05:00:40 AM »
I used a mail.ru account for dating mail and it still gets bombarded with 20 something's photos and such letters ..Then there's sites I never used offering me an id and login or those I did use and left offering me free membership as I hadn't visited in over a year...  desperate measures in hard times, I guess

It will be desperate times for some sites usually the Russian ones who over the years have taken the cash but not used that cash to build up the business and diversify. The same will be for marriage agencies though they are just about going extinct in any case. If you have spent many years in the Russian brides industry and not used that time to go into other projects hard times will be coming in the not to near future. As soon as Ukraine is visa free travel it will be two years max before its finished on the Ukraine brides thing. As for Russia a few more more years and it will go the same way. People can say all they wish like "I have been hearing that for years" Well lots have changed in the last few years. :)

I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline Manny

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2015, 06:57:27 AM »
As soon as Ukraine is visa free travel it will be two years max before its finished on the Ukraine brides thing.

In the Baltics it was more like two weeks. All the women who wanted to get abroad got a cheap bus to London, Paris or Amsterdam or wherever they fancied.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Eduard

• Commercial member
    • realrussianmatch.com
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2015, 08:07:26 AM »
As soon as Ukraine is visa free travel it will be two years max before its finished on the Ukraine brides thing.

In the Baltics it was more like two weeks. All the women who wanted to get abroad got a cheap bus to London, Paris or Amsterdam or wherever they fancied.
Yet the single women from the Baltics and elsewhere in the FSU are still on sites like Mamba looking for a man... which actually makes it easier for European men since these women can be found right in their country and even in their city. I'm working with a guy from London now. A couple of weeks ago he went out with a girl from latvia who lives in London... Another guy I'm working with lives in Copenhagen, and we are setting up a date for this weekend with a girl from Estonia who lives right there in Copenhagen. I don't see it as a bad thing.

So if you are a man who is looking to be a stepping stone for a woman to get out of the FSU - you are living in the past. Those days are gone. However if you are looking for a compatible partner in life and have realistic expectations you still have a better chance to find that with an FSU woman rather than a Western one. Granted it takes longer time than before. It used to take me 2-3 months to help my clients line up 4 to 6 good prospects to meet. Now the same process takes 4-5 months. But once they are face to face it's all about the chemistry and mental connection, nothing has changed there. It is still all about "boy meets girl" thing.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2015, 08:22:22 AM »

Yet the single women from the Baltics and elsewhere in the FSU are still on sites like Mamba looking for a man... which actually makes it easier for European men since these women can be found right in their country and even in their city. I'm working with a guy from London now. A couple of weeks ago he went out with a girl from latvia who lives in London... Another guy I'm working with lives in Copenhagen, and we are setting up a date for this weekend with a girl from Estonia who lives right there in Copenhagen. I don't see it as a bad thing.

So if you are a man who is looking to be a stepping stone for a woman to get out of the FSU - you are living in the past. Those days are gone. However if you are looking for a compatible partner in life and have realistic expectations you still have a better chance to find that with an FSU woman rather than a Western one. Granted it takes longer time than before. It used to take me 2-3 months to help my clients line up 4 to 6 good prospects to meet. Now the same process takes 4-5 months. But once they are face to face it's all about the chemistry and mental connection, nothing has changed there. It is still all about "boy meets girl" thing.

Thats correct. But about 80% of the guys who sign up to web sites searching a FSU women are NOT realistic and are NOT willing to wait, they are also expecting to meet a young beauty queen immediately. I know Ukraine will be finished within two years for dating, unless you are searching a older women and very very few are :chuckle:
As for Russian dating I'm not sure when that will come to an end commercially for web sites. In reality a lot sooner. But because of the way the media portrays Russia in the West especially the US there will be thousands of guys still searching a young beauty queen for a few more years yet! That could apply to Ukraine also. They will still all be searching in hope even though there is nothing to search for.

Offline Eduard

• Commercial member
    • realrussianmatch.com
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2015, 09:27:43 AM »

Thats correct. But about 80% of the guys who sign up to web sites searching a FSU women are NOT realistic and are NOT willing to wait, they are also expecting to meet a young beauty queen immediately.
I do not agree or disagree because I don't know. Where exactly did you get this 80% statistic from?

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2015, 09:39:53 AM »

Thats correct. But about 80% of the guys who sign up to web sites searching a FSU women are NOT realistic and are NOT willing to wait, they are also expecting to meet a young beauty queen immediately.
I do not agree or disagree because I don't know. Where exactly did you get this 80% statistic from?

From 1000s of guys who sign up to my web sites each year. I know and can see exactly how the situation is without a doubt  :) I know the pattern like the back of my hand.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2015, 09:42:45 AM »
And as you see here some guys just will never listen! You can shout at them until you are blue in the face, they live in hope the beauty queen really is real  :dh:

Quote from: Borsch on December 19, 2015, 11:13:07 AM
From what I read from all the posts, she doesn't need your address for the visa. She wants it because she wants to visit you or put it down as a place of stay?

If she is paying for all this stuff herself then it seems like she should be able to get the visa on her own accord, without your sponsorship.

If you live in a high security apartment I don't think you have anything to worry about. If you don't have any security at all then I probably would be cautious.

Translator fees seem a lot. But then again she is refusing money for the holiday. If she was just after free stuff all the way then I don't see why she wouldn't accept any other free offers. The only way it would be dubious is if she doesn't really exist and buying a ticket for her would require her to give you some details.

I think you should get them translated by someone of your choosing. There are lots of English/Ukrainian speakers in Ukraine that will translate for you on the cheap.

Also, I would just ask her for her flight confirmation. Just say you want it, don't beat around the bush. If you have the real thing then nothing can be 'lost in translation' for when you pick her up at the airport or free up your schedule  :8)

Again it helps us if you tell us where you met this girl. Some sites have more credible women than others.

If and when she arrives in your country, I think you could get by with google translate just fine.
Thanks Borsch
I met her on youandme-we.com
is not a popular site with no more than few gals registered per week.
I use the translation service provided by the site, it should be an external service, everyone can use it to translate everything online-translator.biz, 0,06$ a word plus 5% discount if you add 100$ found (even more if you add more).
Sometimes I write in english, sometimes in italian, and usually the messages are translated in 10 minutes or so, even at night or sunday.
I get her message in russian and I translate it with google.
I met her on skype, and a day I told her I couldn't pay the bill so for sometimes we wrote each other trought email but since my english is not so good the translation with google were poor, even worse in Italian, once I wrote her "chi" it mean "who" and google translate it ""WHO"" ruining all the frase meaning.
I tried everything with her but nothing gave me enought to be sure she is a scammer, only some red flags.
I searched for her pictures, on scamming site and dating site but nothing.
Just found some profile on ther dating site but last access was from more than 2 years a go.
She used the same main profile picture, same name, same description, ecc.
I must admit if is a friend in my situation I should tell him to drop the ball quickly, she is a scammer but I'd like to be sure.
I even registered a fake profile with my friend's pictures, visited her profile and wrote her but nothing, few days later they remove my fake profile without notice.
Maybe she is paid for writing to stupid men like me but it seem strange to me you can get her original message in russian, I even told her I use google for her messages.
It was her who insisted for the meeting, I have some health issue (she don't know it) and I would have preferred to wait till this spring.
She know very well that if she don't come I will quit with her so if she gain from writing me she will lose her income.
Once she was used to write me 2 messages a day, very long and with many questions, later she wrote me once a day with shorter messages, no question.
I did the same to save money and stay under 100€ a month.
She never used the word "love", once I told her "I love you", we were on Skype chatting with Clownfish, she sent me a smack, nothnig more.
Later I called her love and my love but she did't used the same words, no more than dear and a couple of yime I miss you.
Later she told me before we could talk about love we have to meet, like each other and stay well with each other.
Anyway genuary 2 is quite near, I put there enought money till than, if she come fine, later we could use an inexpensive translator, if she will not come I will drop the ball ;)

Despite evidence its still " if she come fine, later we could use an inexpensive translator, if she will not come I will drop the ball ;)"

Offline Eduard

• Commercial member
    • realrussianmatch.com
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2015, 11:44:47 AM »
The first thing I do when a guy contacts me for help finding an FSU wife, is go over his expectations. I explain the reality of the situation, that it is not the same as what they see on the MOB fantasy sites. If he understands, accepts the reality, has reasonable expectations and a guy is not a penny pincher I will take him on. If I don't feel that I would be able to help a guy, I just ask him to look for another service provider. The last couple of years I have only had 3-4 clients a year, but since I get compensated well for my services it's enough to continue. There will always be FSU women who will consider a WM, but you do need to know how to approach them and how to talk to them to make this happen. This is what I am good at, and with my help and guidance my clients succeed even in today's market.

Offline AJ

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2015, 03:16:12 PM »
Yeap ,
Don't know any single women in Ukraine that would still be seriously interested in a good western man.

And conditions, both economic and social/cultural,
 are improving at such a rapid rate that for sure in one or two years absolutely none will exist , as extinct as the dinosaurs.

Sorry, my sarcasm font is missing.
I know plenty off the top of my head.

For a decent established bloke, with half a brain and social skills
there will be single women anywhere,
and certainly in the FSU, for some time yet.

Do you really  see Visa free EU travel in Ukraine's future in just 2 years?

While I agree things change,watched in person in the Czech rep some years back, and yes that same situation will play out in Ukraine in the future, I think its a bit further out than projected.

I was told this same scenario in 2010, that the pond was way over fished, fished out,blah blah blah blah.
While I've witnessed many changes there over the last 15 years,
they hadn't changed enough to make much difference in a man's search.

Frankly far more had changed on the Western front for the average person, both their ability, or even desire, to look elsewhere.
 :hidechair:

Offline ashbyclarke

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2015, 03:54:52 PM »
As soon as Ukraine is visa free travel it will be two years max before its finished on the Ukraine brides thing. As for Russia a few more more years and it will go the same way. People can say all they wish like "I have been hearing that for years" Well lots have changed in the last few years. :)

It'll be years before Ukraine becomes Visa free within Europe, if ever. Watch what goes on in Germany/France/Belgium and UK over the coming couple years, there's little chance of it happening with bigger problems brewing in Europe that adding this privilege will only fuel further european unharmony.

A none starter for now, another 10/20 years or so in making, plenty of scope for opportunity to those seeking today.
I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're gonna feel all day - Frank Sinatra

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2015, 01:20:15 AM »
As soon as Ukraine is visa free travel it will be two years max before its finished on the Ukraine brides thing. As for Russia a few more more years and it will go the same way. People can say all they wish like "I have been hearing that for years" Well lots have changed in the last few years. :)

It'll be years before Ukraine becomes Visa free within Europe, if ever. Watch what goes on in Germany/France/Belgium and UK over the coming couple years, there's little chance of it happening with bigger problems brewing in Europe that adding this privilege will only fuel further european unharmony.

A none starter for now, another 10/20 years or so in making, plenty of scope for opportunity to those seeking today.

Its not really up to Europe on the Visa free is it? Its up to the US! The US couldn't give a s*** about the problems in Europe most of the refugees and immigrants are from problems caused by the US, I don't think they will care much sending a few million more..
The US needs Ukraine to be part of the EU  thats why they bug the European leaders phones so they can check that when they say "Jump" they Jump  :chuckle:

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2015, 03:24:15 AM »

Its not really up to Europe on the Visa free is it? Its up to the US! The US couldn't give a s*** about the problems in Europe most of the refugees and immigrants are from problems caused by the US, I don't think they will care much sending a few million more..
The US needs Ukraine to be part of the EU  thats why they bug the European leaders phones so they can check that when they say "Jump" they Jump  :chuckle:

You've been following too many links on this site or watching too many 'news' reports from the Kremlin agenda dominated tv stns ....  :chuckle:

AC has posted more accurate reasoning
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2015, 06:30:45 AM »

No no!! I think you have been talking to some friends in the US or something:)

You've been following too many links on this site or watching too many 'news' reports from the Kremlin agenda dominated tv stns ....  :chuckle:

AC has posted more accurate reasoning

No no!! I think you have been talking to some friends in the US or something:) The US control every thing even you probably but your not aware of it! Did you see the movie Matrix? Your in the Matrix!! Unconscious and not aware of what is really going on around you  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Online Omega1982

• Spouses Country: Not determined / USA
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2015, 09:16:46 PM »
yes, scams continue to go on and seems like it's the only way traditional MOB business is surviving now days. Things have changed pretty drastically in terms of demographics of men who are seeking FSU women and attitudes toward the USA and American men among Russians. The majority of men who contact me now are Western Europeans, and my clients for the past 2 years have been almost exclusively from Western Europe. I still get contacted by Americans here and there, but their income is usually not sufficient enough to take on this venture (no matter which method of searching they chose). Also most Russian women are not interested in Americans or moving to the USA these days. You can still find exceptions but it's much harder than it was even 2 years ago and requires at least twice as much time and effort for me to make it happen.

However it is still not hard to find a suitable FSU life partner for Western European men (providing they have realistic expectations). And so I keep on keeping on  tiphat

Depends on the country.  Not all of Europe is wealthy.  You mentioned a few months back you had a Greek client.  This was around the same time they had the economic crisis. 

Offline Eduard

• Commercial member
    • realrussianmatch.com
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2015, 08:08:56 PM »

Depends on the country.  Not all of Europe is wealthy.  You mentioned a few months back you had a Greek client.  This was around the same time they had the economic crisis.
and?