The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: De-Dollarisation.  (Read 108191 times)

Online Texan77

• Trips: 20+
Re: De-Dollarisation.
« Reply #1125 on: April 14, 2022, 07:38:52 AM »
It has been a whole week since the end of the dollar, and nothing happened. How come I am not surprised. I bet the same thing next week and the week after also. Maybe it is not going to end any time soon. 
3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Offline Valenki

• Spouses Country: Czecho-SLOVAKIA
« Reply #1126 on: April 14, 2022, 08:23:53 AM »
Are you people smokin' something good?

Exactly WHICH currency is going to replace the dollar?

The Ruble?  Bwhahahahahahahahahaha

The Yuan?  Just devalued

The Euro?  Greece, Italy, Spain and Portugal would love that.

The Pound?  Britiannia no longer rules the waves. 

Sorry all you America-Hating chappies out there - the Dollar is here to stay.
Why does it need to be replaced. What if people simply want to trade in their own currency.

Gas/Oil from Russia -> Rouble
Gas/Oil from China -> Yuan,
etc.

Brand name clothing? Yuan
Cars? Yen.
 :8)
Free The Peoples Republics of Lugansk and Donetsk!

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 1-5
« Reply #1127 on: April 14, 2022, 08:59:39 AM »
THE TRULY HARSH REALITIES FROM SOCRATES courtesy ARMSTRONG ECONOMICS:

Takeaways:

UK/EU need WWIII to distract from the fact that deficit spending since 1945 has forced a needed painful reset.

EU/UK Negative interest rates have WIPED OUT and bankrupted EU/UK Pension Funds that need 8% avg annual returns to pay beneficiaries andwith the last decades -1to2 % negative rates have literally wiped out these pension funds which will require tens of trillions of GBP and Euros to bail out.

Energy and SWIFT sanctions on Russia will only exacerbate and accelerate this EU/UK financial calamity:

The West Needs WWIII – Martin Armstrong
By Greg Hunter On April 12, 2022
https://usawatchdog.com/the-west-needs-wwiii-martin-armstrong/

By Greg Hunter’s USAWatchdog.com

Legendary financial and geopolitical cycle analyst Martin Armstrong thinks the New World Order’s so-called “Great Reset” plan for humanity now needs war to try and make it work.  It could happen in the next few weeks.  Armstrong explains, “What they are trying to do is deliberately poke the bear. . . . They are increasing the pressure on just about everything under the sun.  The West needs World War III.  They just need it.  The real problem here is they went to negative interest rates in 2014 in Europe.  They have been unable to stimulate the economy, and Keynesian economics have completely failed. . . . I would say this is mismanagement of government on a global scale.  The problem is that central banks have no control over the economy.  Add to this, this type of inflation is substantially different than a speculative boom.  This inflation is based upon shortages.  These morons with covid . . . with lockdowns, ended up destroying the supply chains. . . . Things that are there, I buy extra of because next time it might be gone.  So, everybody is increasing their hoarding. . . . So, what we have with Europe, with its negative interest rates, they have wiped out all the pension funds.  They need 8% to break even, not negative rates.  There is not a pension fund in Europe that is solvent at this stage of the game. . . . The European government is collapsing.  If they end up defaulting, you are going to have millions of people down there with pitchforks storming the parliament.  So, to avoid that, they need war. . . . The Biden Administration has deliberately destroyed the world economy.”

If there is war in Europe, the “U.S. dollar will get stronger initially and not weaker” according to Armstrong.  Armstrong also says, “This is all deliberate.  There is no return to normal here.  Unfortunately, this is where we are headed.”

In summary, there are NO negative interest rates in the USA since the Fed is raising rates which will hoover up all the excess funds seeking Alpha in the UK/EU/EMEA regions of the Globe to the Collapse of the Dollar will only happen after the Nuclear Evaporation of the EU & UK for provoking Russia  (Most EU/UK leaders have visited Kiev in the past week but NOT USA officials - so who really are the Enemies of Russia in this world?

Hint:  Which European Land Mass country does not have a Central Bank controlled by City of London and Crown and their Rothschilds Agents interests?   Could it be RUSSIA?

Offline Wiz

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #1128 on: April 21, 2022, 06:47:37 PM »
The bedrock of the global monetary system continues to shift, including two profound pieces of news over the last 24 hours that no one seems to have noticed.

Over the last 48 hours, China and Russia have taken big steps toward separating themselves from the monetary policy and economies of the west – and nobody has even noticed.

Those who have been reading my blog for the last couple of weeks know that I have been predicting that China and Russia would grow far closer economically, creating, in essence, a second global monetary system where the US dollar is no longer the reserve currency.

A few weeks ago, I wrote an article proclaiming that Russia would back the ruble with gold as a way to fight back against western economic sanctions. I also made similar predictions about the new digital Chinese currency last summer when I first started Fringe Finance.

This shift is happening as a result of the United States and the rest of the western economies foolishly thinking that they’re going to be able to effectively sanction Russia economically, despite the fact that Russia is a massive producer of oil and the country seems prepared to back its currency, the ruble, with this productive capacity.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, we continue to run enormous deficits and have very little productive capacity, and even less to back our currency with. Our destiny seems to be to continue printing money regardless of the negative consequences. We’re nothing more than printing press junkies that won’t cease our inflationary addiction until we inevitably hit rock bottom.

Israel Dumps The Dollar For China's Renminbi, Beijing Starts Quietly Acquiring Russian Energy Assets

Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Online Texan77

« Reply #1129 on: April 21, 2022, 07:21:45 PM »
I thought the dollar ended several weeks ago according to you. So, what is this?

The world is fragmenting where the Chinese will no longer be able to sell to the west.  Pound, dollars and euros not used in countries that no longer trade with the west.

Big demographic problem with white and Asian countries. Too many old people and no way to pay for their medical care. Brown stuff to hit fan soon. It will not matter which Asian or white country it is. Difficulties ahead. UK health system like everyone else's way underfunded.  Pound, dollar and euro in race to see which can become worthless the fastest.  Chinese currency like to reach worthless before western countries and their real debt level 5 times that of USA. No one wants Rubble so Russia is now having to spend its gold to buy anything. When it runs out of gold it is broke. How is any of this going to help you?

Some people call this the great reset where the world has to start over.
3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Offline Wiz

« Reply #1130 on: April 21, 2022, 07:55:10 PM »
I thought the dollar ended several weeks ago according to you. So, what is this?

The world is fragmenting where the Chinese will no longer be able to sell to the west.  Pound, dollars and euros not used in countries that no longer trade with the west.

Big demographic problem with white and Asian countries. Too many old people and no way to pay for their medical care. Brown stuff to hit fan soon. It will not matter which Asian or white country it is. Difficulties ahead. UK health system like everyone else's way underfunded.  Pound, dollar and euro in race to see which can become worthless the fastest.  Chinese currency like to reach worthless before western countries and their real debt level 5 times that of USA. No one wants Rubble so Russia is now having to spend its gold to buy anything. When it runs out of gold it is broke. How is any of this going to help you?

Obviously reading English is not something you do correctly.

Go back and read the word ... I used, which was.... Dethroned

:ROFL: 

According to the article ....even thre Jews who are running your country.......they are hedging their currency reserves.....

Do you ever read the articles I am suggesting or you do not understand them?
Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Online Texan77

« Reply #1131 on: April 21, 2022, 09:06:31 PM »
It is not on a throne so how can it be de throned. Your British pound is not worth anymore and when you consider health expenses of the elderly it is toilet paper just like all the other currencies of the world. I hedge the USA dollar also. I keep physical metals, stocks and a number of real income producing properties. What kind of hedge does Wiz have? Or is he just dumb and believes the UK government is going to take care of him?

Offline Jonas!

• Spouses Country: Colombia
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #1132 on: April 21, 2022, 10:09:15 PM »

This does seem to be taking place. 

A true reset where everybody starts at zero would be very bad for the US.  I don't yet believe this is going to happen.  We (Western nations) have the most to lose. 

Demographic problem in the US could be solved with more immigration, but our leadership have chosen to not address this properly.  The US has no choice to permit more young minorities to immigrate despite the old conservatives that jump up and down at the thought. 
Jonas! 

Online Texan77

« Reply #1133 on: April 21, 2022, 10:24:58 PM »
educated law abiding young people in country with least corruption will build the lead nations of the future. The west will have new challenges but will be in the race. Working young people willing to pay taxes will be a nation's most value asset.

Offline Manny

« Reply #1134 on: April 22, 2022, 02:56:57 PM »
It has been a whole week since the end of the dollar, and nothing happened. How come I am not surprised. I bet the same thing next week and the week after also. Maybe it is not going to end any time soon.

It's a managed decline, Tex. One that the dorks who run your country are speeding up.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Wiz

« Reply #1135 on: April 22, 2022, 03:59:59 PM »

It's a managed decline, Tex. One that the dorks who run your country are speeding up.

You are wasting your time, "Educating Rita", tommorow he will be back teaching you how to suck eggs!

Enjoy the lessons.!

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #1136 on: April 23, 2022, 01:03:32 AM »
Texan77, you're spouting uninformed drivel.

How can you hope to have an opinion of any value when your fantasies are based on foundations are factually incorrect?

An example for you. Russia is NOT selling gold. The RCB is BUYING gold at a fixed price of 5000rubles per gram. This set a base price for the ruble which it reached within a couple of days of the policy announcement.
This means your argument is fatally flawed, valueless.

Do you dream this stuff up or do you rely on teams of similarly uninformed 'experts'?
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline andrew99

« Reply #1137 on: April 23, 2022, 02:35:33 AM »
Texan77, you're spouting uninformed drivel.

How can you hope to have an opinion of any value when your fantasies are based on foundations are factually incorrect?

An example for you. Russia is NOT selling gold. The RCB is BUYING gold at a fixed price of 5000rubles per gram. This set a base price for the ruble which it reached within a couple of days of the policy announcement.
This means your argument is fatally flawed, valueless.

Do you dream this stuff up or do you rely on teams of similarly uninformed 'experts'?

You havent exactly been coming across with any sense of sympathy  , and instead been focusing too much on small irrelevant issues

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #1138 on: April 23, 2022, 06:10:13 AM »

You are wasting your time, "Educating Rita", tommorow he will be back teaching you how to suck eggs!

Enjoy the lessons.!

Wiz, Just curious do you understand the story or plot of “Educating Rita”?
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Wiz

« Reply #1139 on: April 23, 2022, 08:23:06 AM »

Enjoy the lessons.!

Wiz, Just curious do you understand the story or plot of “Educating Rita”?

Of course not and as usual I am waiting for you kindly to educate me!

PS: A single woman without a gardener to water her flower, found an ignorand British Professor who did not know what to do..... and instead of her going to Spain, Greece or any holidy resord to find a gardener to water her flower.....she ended up teaching the proffessor ........... philodophy of life ..... but he still failed to water her garden so both went ga ga!

:biggrin:

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #1140 on: April 23, 2022, 01:22:16 PM »
Andrew 99, is there a point that you are struggling and failing to make?

...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline andrew99

« Reply #1141 on: April 23, 2022, 06:58:32 PM »
Andrew 99, is there a point that you are struggling and failing to make?
Your posts are coming across as someone who is indifferent about Russian violence. Read them back yourself if you dont believe me.

Online Texan77

« Reply #1142 on: April 23, 2022, 07:46:59 PM »

Yea the pro-Russian people here feel there are two types of good Ukrainians. enslaved or dead. Now read the Nazi's post and what they are wanting. Russians have value, Ukrainian people lives do not. Then wonder why Ukrainians do not want to have a Russian controlled government and have a friendly relationship with the USA.

Offline Jonas!

• Spouses Country: Colombia
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #1143 on: April 24, 2022, 08:37:39 AM »

Yea the pro-Russian people here feel there are two types of good Ukrainians. enslaved or dead. Now read the Nazi's post and what they are wanting. Russians have value, Ukrainian people lives do not. Then wonder why Ukrainians do not want to have a Russian controlled government and have a friendly relationship with the USA.

I think the west was slowly luring Ukraine away from Russia with their relative wealth.  Russia may have felt they could ill afford to have another close by country aligning against their interests, gaining strength and wealth in the process.  Ukraine is where they make their stand.  At this point, I suspect their objective is to take a lot of land, more than people currently believe.  Whatever they don't take, will be solidly aligned against them, so in that sense they have a lot of incentive to go big. 

Jonas! 

Offline Wiz

« Reply #1144 on: April 25, 2022, 09:31:36 AM »
It is not on a throne so how can it be de throned. Your British pound is not worth anymore and when you consider health expenses of the elderly it is toilet paper just like all the other currencies of the world. I hedge the USA dollar also. I keep physical metals, stocks and a number of real income producing properties. What kind of hedge does Wiz have? Or is he just dumb and believes the UK government is going to take care of him?

It looks that, last week while I was preparing my self to visit my Family in London, for the Greek Easter, obviously I missed this Little Jem, where you are exposing yourself openly, how daft and silly your are and what an empty life together with a stupid mentality you are living!

You live in a Capitalist Country who does not care about its people and it's only for few very rich people while many 1000's living on the streets.

NEW YOURK TIMES - Old and on the Street: The Graying of America's Homeless

Well I choosed to come and live in the GB and I hardly remember seeing people living on the street over here. Yes we had some in the past but for several years I have not seen or read about any homless people. Where I live in the SOUTH or in London the local councils have organised hostel places to sleep and places to eat for free and I think the same happens all over the UK.

As about my self...... I am a simple pensioner, paid my Taxes and National insurance contributions for over 35 years and now of course I get a pension and also get some  benefits, like winter's Heat allowance, Electricity benefit because prices went up very sharply etc. Here is a civilised society and not a gangster playground for the very rich billionairs.

Whatever you may think you know about the UK I rather live here than LA and SFO or California...... and NY. Don't believe what I say.... just ask and there are many other Brits here to educate you.

Since I married my Russian wife she inform me this morning that we whave to organise another anniversary trip abroad.......as we have done for the past 15 years.......wife told me that we have been abroad for 39 holidays...during our marriage and if it was not for the F...... American's this year we would have gone together to Russia ... Now will have to be some Greek Island...., sunshine, good food.... and fun!

tiphat

It is very clear that you do not have any other interests in your life and you are hedging money around, like Mr Scrouge! That's your life.....  :rolleye0009:

Actualy may I ask you if you have ever slept on the same bed with a a woman?

I can only guess the answer is NO!

Please look around and find an idiot to talk.....I prefer to talk to people who have  logic and make our conversation pleasurable.

Have a nice Day!    :'(

Online Texan77

« Reply #1145 on: April 25, 2022, 09:44:45 AM »
Yea only the USA has a homeless problem. I know this does not exist anywhere in the world.

Offline Wiz

« Reply #1146 on: April 25, 2022, 10:07:19 AM »
Yea only the USA has a homeless problem. I know this does not exist anywhere in the world.

First speak for your own home and then you can talk and critisise other countries!

Is that difficult to understand and digest?

You forgot or have avoid to answer the other serious questions I have asked you!

>:( :coffeeread:

Offline WestCoast

« Reply #1147 on: April 25, 2022, 11:46:21 AM »
I see everyone is still predicting the imminent collapse of the USD. Manny started this thread on Aug. 11, 2015. The value and importance of the USD hasn't changed since then. Manny, Wiz when is the USD going to collapse and what is going to replace it as the world currency?

I think we can all agree that the Russian ruble is not going to replace the USD anytime soon. What about the Chinese yuan? China is currently committing genocide, slavery, harvesting organs from criminals and Falun Gong practitioners and many other human rights abuses so the yuan will not be replacing the USD.

Let me tell you why most of the world's countries do not want to be the world's reserve currency. The USD floats. This means the value of the USD relative to other currencies rises and falls based on supply and demand. Many of the world's currencies are pegged to the USD including China's (China says their currency isn't pegged to the USD but everyone outside of China says it is) and Saudi Arabia's.

Here's one of the main reasons why few countries would want to be the world's reserve currency. The Federal Reserve Board estimates that more than 60% of all U.S. bills and nearly 80% of $100 bills are now overseas—up from 15% to 30% around 1980. The US government literally flies plane loads of US currency to countries all over the world. Does anyone really think China or Russia would do this?

Another idea for replacing the USD as the world's reserve currency is to use a basket of goods, a fixed set of consumer products and services whose price is evaluated on a regular basis, often monthly or annually. One of the items in the basket of goods is often oil. However because of the Russia-Ukraine war the price of oil is now unstable as are many of the other goods that would be in the basket of goods.

https://www.investopedia.com/articles/forex/061015/top-exchange-rates-pegged-us-dollar.asp
https://www.investopedia.com/terms/f/floatingexchangerate.asp
https://www.investopedia.com/terms/b/basket_of_goods.asp
andrewfi says ''Proximity is almost no guarantee of authority" and "in many cases, distance gives a better picture with less emotional and subjective input."

That means I'm a subject matter expert on all things Russia, Ukraine and UK.

Online Texan77

« Reply #1148 on: April 25, 2022, 01:19:21 PM »

First speak for your own home and then you can talk and critisise other countries!

You forgot or have avoid to answer the other serious questions I have asked you!

I have no idea what you are babbling about!

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #1149 on: April 25, 2022, 01:42:46 PM »

I have no idea what you are babbling about!

Don’t worry Wiz does not either.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Registration