The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: De-Dollarisation.  (Read 108229 times)

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
Re: De-Dollarisation.
« Reply #650 on: September 15, 2016, 02:19:42 AM »
Nobody made any suggestion that Texan77 made any anti-semitic remarks.
Some people really need to start take some adult literacy classes - or slow down their consumption of intoxicants.

Your words.

. . . Texan77, your poor memory feeds your prejudice.

. . . Reading it might help you to overcome your anti-semitic prejudices, just a little, maybe it will help you t understand just how you have been programmed by those who are likely much more prejudiced than you probably are. Doubt me about the anti-semitism thing? Go read your favoured websites, forums and blogs, the ones that 'taught' you what you think you know about economics and look at them objectively  -don't worry, I know what you will find, I know what is there to be seen. . .
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Wiz

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #651 on: September 15, 2016, 09:39:14 AM »
Did you ever wonder how the US dollar got so much support to be the worlds currency in the first place? Well we have a private Federal reserve bank that has a seven member board with five members of it are appointed by the secrete stock holders. This bank controls our currency so in effect no government in the world controls the US dollar but rather a private bank. So this private bank controls the world reserved currency and will likely only replace it when they find something they can control better.

So basically you are confirming what wizziebaby has been saying all along...   :ROFL:

:chuckle: Oddly enough if you look at what Wizz, Andrew and Tex they all have been speaking of it in a similiar fashion, perhaps with a different end game. There are elements that I think have a fair degree of truth in them. But as Tex pointed there is no one group or element that controls 100% of all the balls. And there are allot of balls being juggled.

It should alo be noted though I do not recall Tex making any anti semitic comments.

Pray tell where that was insinuated in my post??
Remember, the subject of the posts....
As I posted, wizziebaby has made MANY posts in reference to finance and the various Central Banks...

Gipsy

Another Moscovite duck.....swimming in the pond of ignorance throwing around the Antisemitic slur ......when we mention the word Jew!

They are not only control the FED but also another 2000 banks around the world. May I suggest to him to take a look at the Rothchilds Bank website to find out how many Central banks are controled by the family, around the world and then start talking again.

Just for his information, only Iran, Syria, N, Korea and another one that I forget now are not under their control.

Does he know also who started the WWII and for what reason?
I don't think so........

Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #652 on: September 15, 2016, 09:50:31 AM »
Wiz, I think somebody has been misleading you!

The newspaper is from 1933 and the headline represents the outburst and editorial exuberance of the subeditor  working on that story. This was about a boycott of German business called by , largely, American Jews but also followed in Europe. It was NOT a declaration of war by anybody.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Wiz

« Reply #653 on: September 15, 2016, 02:48:16 PM »
Wiz, I think somebody has been misleading you!

The newspaper is from 1933 and the headline represents the outburst and editorial exuberance of the subeditor  working on that story. This was about a boycott of German business called by , largely, American Jews but also followed in Europe. It was NOT a declaration of war by anybody.
Nobody is misleading me and it's pretty obvious the same sensationalism was taking place also then with the Media.

But the fact remains that the American Jews and all over the world decided to boycott Germany and provoked Hitler and his Nationalist party members, who did not took it kindly and then reciprocated accordingly very harsh to the local German Jews and later to any one of them living in the occupied, by Germany, countries .

People like Hitler and other dictators do not take it kindly, such actions against their country or themselves. Look at the reaction of the Russian Government against EU and America.

When the USA issued the sanctions and forced the EU counties to follow..... Putin hit back very hard those EU countries trading with Russia. Who lost in this game?

If you were in Hitlers and Putin's shoes.... you would do the same.

Hitler was an evil dictator and there is no excuse about his actions.

Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Offline Manny

« Reply #654 on: September 15, 2016, 04:52:09 PM »
But the fact remains that the American Jews and all over the world decided to boycott Germany

To this day they seldom buy German cars or appliances; seldom you will see a Frummer in a Merc. Why so many drive Volvos. Sweden was neutral.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Online AvHdB

« Reply #655 on: September 15, 2016, 06:05:59 PM »

American Jews Jews and all over the world decided to boycott Germany and provoked Hitler and his Nationalist party members, who did not took it kindly and then reciprocated accordingly very harsh to the local German Jews and later to any one of them living in the occupied, by Germany, countries .

People like Hitler and other dictators do not take it kindly, such actions against their country or themselves. Look at the reaction of the Russian Government against EU and America.

When the USA issued the sanctions and forced the EU counties to follow..... Putin hit back very hard those EU countries trading with Russia. Who lost in this game?

Yet Wiz you justify the behavior of Putin who is following Hitler according to your opinion.

Wiz you are truly an ugly human. Putin has done nothing of the like, to paint him this way is repugnant and shows your integrity. While there are policy choices that I do not agree with. He has not attempted to exterminate races such as your hero's Hitler and Milošević attempted.

NB: Perhaps I am reading Wiz words in the wrong light, but I showed them to an American Native (Indian) and she found them also offensive. Maybe his lack of English skills magnify his poor understanding of history but it still remains outright ugly.

Online AvHdB

« Reply #656 on: September 15, 2016, 06:51:35 PM »
But the fact remains that the American Jews and all over the world decided to boycott Germany

To this day they seldom buy German cars or appliances; seldom you will see a Frummer in a Merc. Why so many drive Volvos. Sweden was neutral.

I grew up in a town with more synagogues than churches, my ex-wife was Esther. Often we were asked which synagogue we went to. Only problem my family has a history from near Rotterdam about 100 years before the arrival of B. Spinoza and my now (ex) wife was the oldest publisher of Christian literature in the New World.

We had enough Jewish friends and they mostly drove Mercs and BMR's plus had a certain affinity to Ford 150's. Could never figure that out.

Offline Wiz

« Reply #657 on: September 15, 2016, 08:54:37 PM »
AvHdB

It is pretty obvious that you are ignorant, uneducated person and English is not your mother tongue, Hebrew is with an ugly personality to go with it! Only an ugly uneducated Jew would twist and falsify the meaning of my comments. That guilty and hatred chip on your shoulder combined with your ignorance of the English language makes you blind and without good comprehension of the comments made, you attack any person who dare to make the slightest comment or criticise your Jewish heritage. Speaking the truth it’s not part of your Jewish make up and only lies will suffice for your twisted mentality.

I have started learning English, when I was 7 years old and after using it on a daily basis for over 60 years, I think, I have a very good command of the English language.

If my comments meant what you are accusing me for, I can assure you that Manny would not hesitated to delete my comments and he is an educated writer of this country.

American Jews and all over the world decided to boycott Germany and provoked Hitler and his Nationalist party members, who did not took it kindly and then reciprocated accordingly very harsh to the local German Jews and later to any one of them living in the occupied, by Germany, countries .

1) Yet Wiz you justify the behavior of Putin who is following Hitler according to your opinion.

2) Wiz you are truly an ugly human. Putin has done nothing of the like, to paint him this way is repugnant and shows your integrity. While there are policy choices that I do not agree with. He has not attempted to exterminate races such as your hero's Hitler and Milošević attempted.

3) NB: Perhaps I am reading Wiz words in the wrong light, but I showed them to an American Native (Indian) and she found them also offensive. Maybe his lack of English skills magnify his poor understanding of history but it still remains outright ugly.

1). Putin’s reply to the US and EU sanctions was justified because his country was attacked financially by the partners in crime, US and EU, Any patriotic politician would do the same to defend his country. If you think a world boycott of Germany by the Jews was not a financial attack, than you are totally screwed up in your brain.

2). Nowhere I said that Putin followed Hitler’s reaction to the Jewish boycott, with a genocide. You twisted my comments to justify your ignorant and hatred agenda against any critic of the Jews.

3). I am not wearing blinkers and do not carry a chip on my shoulder and hate every other race, like you do. I do have a better understanding of History and my command of English is miles ahead of yours. Obviously I understand your secret jealousy and hatred towards my Greek cultural inheritance of thousand of years, something you don’t have and because of that you hate any other race.

Finally get you pink glasses of and read the last sentence of my previous comments, which I have now highlighted, for you to be able to read.

Online AvHdB

« Reply #658 on: September 16, 2016, 02:32:41 AM »
Wizz, I do not hate any race. But I have a strong dislike for those who are intolerant.

Your words are what condemn you. But that is your problem (and those close to you).

As I pointed out my families heritage goes back to the early 1400's from near Rotterdam. That I am educated, can study in English is not something you should worry about.

Oddly enough the oldest English speaking church beyond the British Islands is in Amsterdam and I attend it.

Av

Offline Wiz

« Reply #659 on: September 16, 2016, 05:48:30 AM »
AvHdB I don't think I am the only one who gets irritated with your kind of behaviour twisting  and falsifying our comments. Other people are more polite towards you, like "AndreFi", but it is not in my character to be tolerant to such people, like you, who on a daily basis continue showing the same bad behaviour.

If you don't understand any comments in my postings feel free to ask for explanations but do not make assumptions, twist and falsify the meaning of my comments.

As I know you well, you will have the last word but do not expect me to answer.

The fact, as you claim, that your family go back to the 1400 makes no difference, what soever.

End of the matter. :evilgrin0002:

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #660 on: November 01, 2016, 06:17:07 PM »
Russia Is Hoarding Gold at Breakneck Pace — The Next Global Conflict Will Be Fought With Currencies

http://russia-insider.com/en/politics/russia-hoarding-gold-alarming-rate-next-world-war-will-be-fought-currencies/ri17308
Don't shoot the messenger, links to articles posted, don't necessarily reflect my personal opinion.

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #661 on: February 10, 2017, 01:25:05 PM »
Russia continues to buy gold at a rapid pace, to weed out the dollar.
If by chance Putin and Trump find common ground to better relationship between the two countries, I would if Russia might change their attitude about the dollar?

Goodbye Petrodollar: Russia and China Dump US Treasuries, Buy Gold

http://russia-insider.com/en/its-happening-russia-china-dump-us-treasuries-buy-all-gold-they-can-get/ri18875
Don't shoot the messenger, links to articles posted, don't necessarily reflect my personal opinion.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #662 on: February 10, 2017, 01:45:33 PM »
I doubt that improved relations would change the de-dollarization program. Whilst it is certainly true that, to some degree, de-dollarization is about national security and also as a weapon of economic warfare, both of which might be seen as being, of less importance if Russia and the U.S start playing kissy face, there are sound macro-economic reasons for rejecting dollar hegemony that are not related to immediate national security.

The Trump regime has inherited a world, created by his predecessors, in which the dollar will become sidelined in a process that will take decades to complete (if the U.S is sensible - and much less, if not).

Russia's needs are best suited by a controlled, lengthy, process but between Russia and China, if the U.S plays silly buggers, then the process can be weaponised at huge cost to the United States and a climactic effect created. I am sure that Team Trump is well aware of this and will seek to return to a process that was underway under Bush major.

Online Texan77

« Reply #663 on: February 10, 2017, 06:05:09 PM »
Russia continues to buy gold at a rapid pace, to weed out the dollar.
If by chance Putin and Trump find common ground to better relationship between the two countries, I would if Russia might change their attitude about the dollar?

Goodbye Petrodollar: Russia and China Dump US Treasuries, Buy Gold

http://russia-insider.com/en/its-happening-russia-china-dump-us-treasuries-buy-all-gold-they-can-get/ri18875

China has to dump treasuries to support their currency from losing too much value. Trump trying to figure out how to make the dollar less valuable so the USA can sell products over seas again. US fed wanting to raise rates three times this year which will send the dollar higher. Trump is all pissed off at the fed and will likely replace as many members as soon as  he can so he can get someone to kill the value of the dollar. All this trade in dollars has killed our domestic businesses by driving the dollar higher. Now to make matters worse there are seven EU countries with president elections this summer that have candidate that want to leave the EU. I surely do not know what will happen but there is a risk maybe the euro. If the euro has a problem it will send the dollar higher again and cause more problems as more trade will be done in dollars. Taxes too high, too many regulations, Labor too high, and currency too high. All of this needs to be corrected before US manufacturing will return and we can get a favorable balance of trade. 

3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Online B.B.

• Supporting Member
« Reply #664 on: February 10, 2017, 09:33:37 PM »
If the euro has a problem...

Or, one might say, *more* problems.  The Euro will disappear before the dollar does.

Indeed, it will likely be replaced by the Dinar, for that matter.

B/B
Saving the World, One Clue at a Time
If your religion insults my intelligence, don't be surprised when my intelligence insults your religion.

Online Texan77

« Reply #665 on: February 11, 2017, 07:58:38 AM »
What Andrew and the other do not understand is that with the end of the dollar will likely be the end of white people being wealthy. 

The globalist would like to have a single world currency. This way all the people all around the world would have about the same level of wealth. Not good if you are from a wealthy nation but great if you are from a poor nation. Just think when Africans and Europeans all have the same standard of living. This is what they are really hoping for but to blinded by the hate of the USA to see it.

The IMF does have a single currency ready to replace the dollar as soon as they can get the standard of living in western Europe and the US down to a level where it will work.

Maybe after the break up of the EU and the ruin of the dollar we can all live like Ukrainians.
3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Offline Manny

« Reply #666 on: February 11, 2017, 08:40:56 AM »
Maybe after the break up of the EU and the ruin of the dollar we can all live like Ukrainians.

Then we will have to find other halves from richer countries to buy us apartments.  :innocent:
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #667 on: February 11, 2017, 09:45:14 AM »
If the euro has a problem...

Or, one might say, *more* problems.  The Euro will disappear before the dollar does.

Indeed, it will likely be replaced by the Dinar, for that matter.

B/B

I had to look that up. Ouch!  :laugh:

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #668 on: February 11, 2017, 10:24:30 AM »
Texan77, I think that you don't quite understand how money works.

The IMF does not have a currency to replace the dollar. They DO have an administrative tool that makes accounting across currencies easier.

Currencies are not race specific. However, do you have a reason to fear other people, of other races, becoming less poor? You might want to think about that for a moment.

The U.S dollar could lose its place as the main reserve currency without axiomatically losing value. In fact, the end of the unfettered money creation going on at the moment would mechanistically tend to lead to an increase in its buying power. You probably won't have noticed how the buying power of the dollar has fallen. That's the value of the dollar decreasing. One (possibly the main) reason for the decline is the amount of dollars in circulation.

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #669 on: February 11, 2017, 11:01:51 AM »
Texan77, I think that you don't quite understand how money works.

The IMF does not have a currency to replace the dollar. They DO have an administrative tool that makes accounting across currencies easier.

Currencies are not race specific. However, do you have a reason to fear other people, of other races, becoming less poor? You might want to think about that for a moment.

The U.S dollar could lose its place as the main reserve currency without axiomatically losing value. In fact, the end of the unfettered money creation going on at the moment would mechanistically tend to lead to an increase in its buying power. You probably won't have noticed how the buying power of the dollar has fallen. That's the value of the dollar decreasing. One (possibly the main) reason for the decline is the amount of dollars in circulation.

Yes if managed properly others becoming middle class is a good thing. New middle class in China purchase Buick's etc. however Trump is correct that the Chinese have used currency manipulation to gain an advantage over the USA. Time for a change.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #670 on: February 11, 2017, 01:32:28 PM »
Confederate, whilst currency sales and purchases have been made, that is normal. China employs a dirty float with the US Dollar which means that it trades within a band around the dollar. Maintaining that peg cost China money and is a benefit to the USA. If China were to move away from any form of pegging and to a free float then it is almost certain that the Yuan would significantly fall in value against the dollar.

Right now China is doing the United States a HUGE favour because the effect of the peg is to overvalue the Yuan against China's regional trading partners which is not good for China. A fall in the value of the Yuan would also help China in the US market by making their products relatively cheaper in dollar terms.

You Usaians should be thanking the Chinese government, every day, for their choice to NOT let market forces take hold, to manipulate their currency to maintain an artificially high XR against the dollar.

Sadly though you lot are not well enough informed (programmed) to know about this stuff, still less to understand it, so you all go round parroting bollocks because bollocks is all you know.

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #671 on: February 11, 2017, 02:17:37 PM »
I won't claim to be an expert or as knowledgeable as you are; but I do trust Trump when he says they manipulate their currency and it is bad for us. Is he wrong? Am I wrong to trust him?

Online B.B.

• Supporting Member
« Reply #672 on: February 12, 2017, 12:08:25 PM »
I won't claim to be an expert or as knowledgeable as you are; but I do trust Trump when he says they manipulate their currency and it is bad for us. Is he wrong? Am I wrong to trust him?

Actually if the Yuan was permitted to float against the USD it would appreciate rapidly - we know this in theory and we know it because when it was put into a controlled float a few years back it appreciated by 21% until the Chinese put the brakes on.

China does not do favors for free.  They have a huge population (du-uh) and thus it makes sense for them to have a labor-intensive economy.  By keeping their currency artificially low against the dollar the Chinese keep their exports priced attractively for the US market. 

Anyone who tells you otherwise is indulging in their pathological dislike for all things "USAian." *cough* - *cough*

B/B
If your religion insults my intelligence, don't be surprised when my intelligence insults your religion.

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #673 on: February 12, 2017, 12:11:17 PM »

Actually if the Yuan was permitted to float against the USD it would appreciate rapidly - we know this in theory and we know it because when it was put into a controlled float a few years back it appreciated by 21% until the Chinese put the brakes on.

China does not do favors for free.  They have a huge population (du-uh) and thus it makes sense for them to have a labor-intensive economy.  By keeping their currency artificially low against the dollar the Chinese keep their exports priced attractively for the US market

Anyone who tells you otherwise is indulging in their pathological dislike for all things "USAian." *cough* - *cough*

B/B

Thank you very much for a knowledgeable and complete answer.  tiphat

I had some suspicions about that last part but was waiting to hear from horse's mouth.  ;D

Online B.B.

• Supporting Member
« Reply #674 on: February 12, 2017, 12:15:15 PM »

China does not do favors for free.  They have a huge population (du-uh) and thus it makes sense for them to have a labor-intensive economy.  By keeping their currency artificially low against the dollar the Chinese keep their exports priced attractively for the US market. 

B/B

Thank you very much for a knowledgeable and complete answer.  tiphat

I had some suspicions about that last part but was waiting to hear from horse's mouth.  :laugh:

Well.  I suppose that if I'm the "horse's mouth" that has an implication about  the more southerly end of the horse.  :chuckle:

That bit of roughhousing aside, I note that I did turf part of the convo b/w two members to improve the signal/noise ratio.  Play on.

B/B