The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: President Trump  (Read 515697 times)

Offline Fussy

• Spouses Country: Australia
  • Trips: 1-5
Re: President Trump
« Reply #50 on: July 04, 2015, 03:40:06 AM »
God help the USA (and the rest of us) if Hilary gets her finger on the nuke button*. She may just decide to "prove herself", after decades of living on the public purse.

*Figure of speech, but metaphorically or literally, it's scary either way.

You'll have had 3-4 consecutive terms of presidents elected on sympathy/political correctness, rather than competence/suitability.

Offline Tom Cat

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #51 on: July 04, 2015, 06:12:12 PM »
Don't shoot the messenger, links to articles posted, don't necessarily reflect my personal opinion.

Offline cdnexpat

« Reply #52 on: July 05, 2015, 01:47:02 AM »
Yes, elect the clown, and watch the remaining US respect go down the drain...

Offline Anteros

« Reply #53 on: July 05, 2015, 01:55:38 AM »
God help the USA (and the rest of us) if Hilary gets her finger on the nuke button*. She may just decide to "prove herself", after decades of living on the public purse.

You'll have had 3-4 consecutive terms of presidents elected on sympathy/political correctness, rather than competence/suitability.

Reagan, Bush Sr., Bill Clinton were all IMO very good Presidents, the first two better than Bill.  Unlike most Republicans I did not care to stick my nose into Bill Clinton's private life, however he made that worse by lying under oath.

That said we've had two bad Presidents in a row.  Bush Jr. not a true conservative.  True conservatives don't waste money (and lives) on foolish foreign wars.  Obama?  By far the worst this country has ever had, and his incompetence will haunt us for decades.

Hillary as Pres?  Please God, don't curse us even more.   :-X
Be careful what you wish for, you might get it.

Offline Texan77

« Reply #54 on: July 11, 2015, 08:36:24 PM »
This is really surprising to me. Donald is leading in republican poles. At this time he seems to be the most loved and hated candidate at the same time.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/donald-trump-freedomfest-you-cant-be-great-if-you-dont-n390546
3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Offline GuppyCaptain

• Actively on the Search
« Reply #55 on: July 11, 2015, 09:13:35 PM »

Reagan, Bush Sr., Bill Clinton were all IMO very good Presidents, the first two better than Bill.  Unlike most Republicans I did not care to stick my nose into Bill Clinton's private life, however he made that worse by lying under oath.

That said we've had two bad Presidents in a row.  Bush Jr. not a true conservative.  True conservatives don't waste money (and lives) on foolish foreign wars.  Obama?  By far the worst this country has ever had, and his incompetence will haunt us for decades.

If that stupid bitch gets elected, I honestly don't know what I'm going to do. I've never thought about leaving the U.S. considering how hard my family tried to get here, but if this country keeps going down the drain like this, I can't imagine staying here for retirement.

I'm simply left shaking my head how someone like Obama can get elected 2X and how Hillary can even be a consideration for president. Are you phucking kidding me?!!!

Offline Texan77

« Reply #56 on: July 12, 2015, 01:24:36 AM »
Captain consider this. First, now he is running on one issue. As soon as this expands I am sure he will put foot in mouth and piss of the rest of the country. Secondly, if he some how get elected I would not worry about it neither. He will surely never get anything passed through congress. Then he will get nothing done and that will be an improvement over the present.
3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Offline Volshe

• moderndayruth
  • Spouses Country: Narnia
« Reply #57 on: July 12, 2015, 03:35:18 AM »
Yes, elect the clown, and watch the remaining US respect go down the drain...

I saw yesterday Bill Maher's show on HBO... You should see him impersonating Donald Trump!  :ROFL: Btw, he (Bill) calls him white Kanye West  ;D

Also, he takes such a pi** on certain part of the electoral body, it's hilarious! Like, (while pulling Trump face), a gvmnt should:

1. bomb arabs
2. find ever new places to allow guns
3. name buildings after Ronald Reagan

What's not to like? How could they possibly NOT win the elections?!  :biggrin:

"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by."
Douglas Adams

Offline Maxx

• Trips: 5-10
« Reply #58 on: July 12, 2015, 07:06:05 AM »

If that stupid bitch gets elected, I honestly don't know what I'm going to do. I've never thought about leaving the U.S. considering how hard my family tried to get here, but if this country keeps going down the drain like this, I can't imagine staying here for retirement.

I'm simply left shaking my head how someone like Obama can get elected 2X and how Hillary can even be a consideration for president. Are you phucking kidding me?!!!

:thumbsup:    I feel sorry for those who can't retire and get out now. The very rich in the US have established residences outside of the US. There're set. To expatriot us little people have to make a go of it with the assets we have left after taxes and whatever we will get from Social Security. I figured America was finished several years ago.

About staying here after retirement. I have been observing people that are my peers and how they are doing with that. It is not a pretty site. Government is in and out of their lives constantly. If not the government directly it is institutions such as banks, schools and particulary healthcare that are complicating their lives with government mandated documentation and requests.

Offline Volshe

• moderndayruth
« Reply #59 on: July 12, 2015, 07:28:49 AM »

About staying here after retirement. I have been observing people that are my peers and how they are doing with that. It is not a pretty site. Government is in and out of their lives constantly. If not the government directly it is institutions such as banks, schools and particulary healthcare that are complicating their lives with government mandated documentation and requests.

Move to Eastern Europe (after retirement) - preferably to newer EU members; lets' pray we all remain in considerably good health (as our health care can't compare to yours), given that condition, i believe it's way better to spend late(r) years over here than there.
There is one thing that i don't get about USA way of life - the homes away from home for elderly... We have only two of those in the country, it's for people who are really ill (bedridden for years), other than that - you live with your family and they take care of you. That prospect seems much more promising to me, again, given the reasonably good health.
Douglas Adams

Offline Maxx

« Reply #60 on: July 12, 2015, 08:36:02 AM »

There is one thing that i don't get about USA way of life - the homes away from home for elderly... We have only two of those in the country, it's for people who are really ill (bedridden for years), other than that - you live with your family and they take care of you. That prospect seems much more promising to me, again, given the reasonably good health.

They are called nursing homes here. 4 years ago when my mother had a stroke she stayed in one for a few weeks. Inspite of the efforts to make them cheerful looking they are very depressing places. It is sad to see all these white haired old people all shriveled up alone and waiting to die. I could see that being me in 20 years or so. Another reason to move abroad and establish a life there and a new family.

3 years ago my mother was told she had six months to a year to live. She lives in a rather nice and roomy 2 bedroom single level townhouse. The family including myself takes turns caring for her. She does not want to wind up in a nursing home. She has instuctions on the refrigerator door to the emergency people to not revive her if her heart finally goes. It is signed by her doctor. Also in the refrigeratior in the freezer section is her papers for her paid for cremation. Her ashes are to be interned at the Fort Snelling cemetary next to my father.   

Old age and death is something most people do not want to think about.

Offline Maxx

« Reply #61 on: July 12, 2015, 09:45:06 AM »
Best wishes to you in your move Maxx. My apologies for flying off the handle and using un-gentlemanly language as there are ladies that read this too. It's not like me but I am so utterly infuriated with the way this country is going down the toilet.

Totally understandable. It breaks my heart too to see where this country is going.

Offline Anteros

« Reply #62 on: July 12, 2015, 09:11:25 PM »
FULL speech by Donald Trump at Arizona Rally.  Don't listen to just sound bites.  Read or listen to the full speech to understand where he's coming from.

http://therightscoop.com/full-speech-from-donald-trump-at-huge-phoenix-arizona-rally/

Offline cdnexpat

« Reply #63 on: July 12, 2015, 10:22:19 PM »
FULL speech by Donald Trump at Arizona Rally.  Don't listen to just sound bites.  Read or listen to the full speech to understand where he's coming from.

http://therightscoop.com/full-speech-from-donald-trump-at-huge-phoenix-arizona-rally/

At least he said that he could work with Putin...

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #64 on: July 13, 2015, 04:43:58 AM »

So did Obama's administration ..remember the 'reset' button ...  I often read the Russian's only respect strong leaders..

I hope the USA votes in a leader that is strong, but understands RU's perspective regarding their thinking NATO is 'surrounding' them and who is actually expanding ...
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline Maxx

« Reply #65 on: July 13, 2015, 06:54:52 AM »
I just read an article that they are selling "Donald Trump pinatas" in Mexico City.

Offline Anteros

« Reply #66 on: July 13, 2015, 07:34:14 PM »

Read between the lines.  He would work with Putin, however if Trump ended up making any sort of ultimatum, you could be 100% sure that he meant it.  Unlike the "red line" in the sand made by Obama during the Syria crisis.

Offline Manny

« Reply #67 on: July 13, 2015, 11:25:44 PM »

Read between the lines.  He would work with Putin, however if Trump ended up making any sort of ultimatum, you could be 100% sure that he meant it.  Unlike the "red line" in the sand made by Obama during the Syria crisis.

He is a businessman. He wouldn't be making red lines in the sand like Obama. He would do what businesspeople do. Already touched on in the media.
Trip Reports: Links to my travels in Russia, Estonia, North Korea, South Korea, China and the US are >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #68 on: July 14, 2015, 01:17:45 AM »

He is a businessman. He wouldn't be making red lines in the sand like Obama. He would do what businesspeople do.

Like have their son involved in gas projects in the Ukraine .... you don't like THAT .... [ Clue, Biden] .. Sometimes our words come back to haunt us, eh .. :chuckle:

Offline Volshe

• moderndayruth
« Reply #69 on: July 14, 2015, 02:26:29 AM »
I often read the Russian's only respect strong leaders.

And who is it that respect weak leaders? (Rhetorical question...)  :knit:
Douglas Adams

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #70 on: July 14, 2015, 04:16:36 AM »
'
My mistake..
Strong' as in combatative..  Not always good for neighbouring natons ...

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #71 on: July 14, 2015, 11:46:01 AM »

I have a feeling whoever created the term "Golden Years" was young.  No one of that age thinks of it as golden, not even silver. 

Offline Boris

« Reply #72 on: July 14, 2015, 12:08:52 PM »

I have a feeling whoever created the term "Golden Years" was young.  No one of that age thinks of it as golden, not even silver.

Golden Shower maybe. Sorry but I'm 51 and I'm starting to see that coming and it doesn't look Gold or Silver to me either. More like tin...

Offline Maxx

« Reply #73 on: July 14, 2015, 12:14:51 PM »

"old age is one of the most unexpected of all the things that can happen to a man" ~ Leon Trotsky

Ray, it's good to see you're still alive!

Offline Maxx

« Reply #74 on: July 14, 2015, 12:20:31 PM »

Golden Shower maybe. Sorry but I'm 51 and I'm starting to see that coming and it doesn't look Gold or Silver to me either. More like tin...

Wait till the doctor tells you that sharp pain in your shoulder is coming from a collapsed disc in your lower neck! And that brown spot on your arm is not melenoma but a liver spot!

Registration