The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: two (likely) misspelled words in Russian  (Read 3495 times)

Offline SearchingForMore

• Trips: None Yet
two (likely) misspelled words in Russian
« on: August 23, 2014, 08:04:36 AM »
I received an email from a Russian girl containing the following line, with two words untranslated from the original, possibly due to spelling errors. If anyone can interpret them from the context I would be very grateful.

to me нрвится when all family leaves on the nature and together одыхают, part a fire or catch fishes and together discuss plans for the future

It looks to me as though she's describing a camping trip, or perhaps even a family barbecue. Thoughts?

Offline Fashionista

Re: two (likely) misspelled words in Russian
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 08:19:24 AM »
нравится (in this context "I like when")
отдыхают (relax, recharge)

My thoughts: apparently she likes a camping trip, or a family barbecue  :)

Offline SearchingForMore

• Trips: None Yet
Re: two (likely) misspelled words in Russian
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2014, 08:24:59 AM »
Thank you Fashionista!
 ;D

Registration