The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: my question  (Read 3853 times)

Offline jsamm2010

• Spouses Country: any
  • Trips: None Yet
my question
« on: January 07, 2014, 01:03:58 AM »
Hello
I am new to all this and I am still working on weeding out the real and sincere women from the scammers and so on. My biggest question is, is it really possible to find my soul mate and lifelong lover on a Russian dating website? Would I be able to find one that is willing to move back to the US with me or is she most likely going to want me to move there with her? Also, would it be a good idea to learn Russian, most of the women I talk to are Ukrainian, do they speak Russian over there?
Thanks a million
James

Offline sashathecat

• Spouses Country: Ukraine baby!
  • Trips: 5-10
Re: my question
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 01:37:16 AM »
My biggest question is, is it really possible to find my soul mate and lifelong lover on a Russian dating website?

As long as you are reasonable and don't use a scam site, yes, it is possible to meet someone.

Would I be able to find one that is willing to move back to the US with me or is she most likely going to want me to move there with her?

The right woman will move anywhere for the right man. And yes, some may want you to move to the FSU, but not as common from what I have seen. Numbers on this anyone?

Also, would it be a good idea to learn Russian, most of the women I talk to are Ukrainian, do they speak Russian over there?

Yes, they all speak Russian in Ukraine as well.

Offline Ladagirl

• Meet Russian and Ukrainian Girls
  • Spouses Country: UK
  • Trips: Semi-Resident
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2014, 04:44:43 PM »
My biggest question is, is it really possible to find my soul mate and lifelong lover on a Russian dating website?

Yes.

Would I be able to find one that is willing to move back to the US with me

Yes.

or is she most likely going to want me to move there with her?

Probably no.

Also, would it be a good idea to learn Russian,

Yes.

most of the women I talk to are Ukrainian, do they speak Russian over there?

Yes.

Offline Steamer

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 1-5
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2014, 04:54:05 PM »

Sure it is but you'll never know for sure if she's the one until you go there.
Life ain't nothing but a poker game
And no two hands are quite the same
But I've never seen a winner that didn't bet

Offline Burubulka

• Spouses Country: USA
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2014, 05:49:33 PM »
It's really impossible to give the sure answer... You will never be sure if lady is scam or not.
I stay positively. But try to be very attentive.
Anyway... if keep the paranoc way and try to find smaper in every lady you wll nevr find real your one)

Offline AkMike

• Spouses Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2014, 06:10:35 PM »
I managed to find a wonderful woman in UA 10 years ago. We just had our 9 yr anniversary!  :loving:

It can and does work out IF you apply yourself and are honest with her and yourself.
Thomas Jefferson Quotation, "My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government."

Offline Mila

• Commercial Member
  • Meмber
    • Mila-Interpreter
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2014, 01:24:16 AM »
Hello James,

Many men it is easy to find a decent lady in Russia/Ukraine, but in reality it is not. Most men got burnt many times and are still single and can't find the right lady. Of course, there are many reason for that, but scam is the main one and the biggest one. You must be really careful and smart and have somebody's help over here, otherwise, you may be used as well.

If you meet the right lady, she will move to you, so don't even worry about that. The ladies who are serious in their search are ready for relocation, as it won't work out well for you if you move to her country. :)

Yes, it is a great idea to learn some Russian. You will feel more comfortable and a lady will feel flattered to hear her native language from you. You must learn Russian, as most ladies speak Russian in Ukraine.

I wish you good luck and if you need any help or advice, please, feel free to ask.

Registration