The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Can you help name this movie/actress?  (Read 2996 times)

Offline Phelan

• Spouses Country: Russia
Can you help name this movie/actress?
« on: September 27, 2013, 03:57:27 PM »
Hello Ladies,
There was a Russian language movie I've seen that was made in the early-mid 90s, I think. It's not a major theatrical production, looks more like a "made for TV" type film, perhaps. Maybe it was in theatres in Russia.

The setting for the story was contemporary times, not some previous 18th century or something like that. The story is a pleasant fairy tale type story in a modern city.

The story line was this: a young lady, perhaps in her late teens/early 20s, is a simple girl with a simple life, and a decent simple boyfriend. She has a dream that she will become a famous model and actress. There is some kind of magic mirror in the story. She wakes up in the morning, looks in the mirror and discovers that she has become that woman. So, the story proceeds where she has some experiences in modeling and acting opportunities, but she concludes that the glamor does not bring happiness, and so on.

Then at the end of the story, she wakes up again, looks in the mirror, and she is her simple self again. And she reunites with her boyfriend, who has been looking for her and wondering what happened to her. She is happy to be back in her regular life.

The actress was a very beautiful girl. But I don't think she made many appearances in much after that.

Does that sound familiar to anyone? Can you help name the film and actress?

Offline d672

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 5-10
Re: Can you help name this movie/actress?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2013, 06:05:13 PM »
My wife says it sounds like a film called Nastya made in 1992. The actress for the plain looking girl was Polina Kutepova, she had red hair. And the girl that she transformed into was played by Iryna Markova.

But she says there has been a couple different movies made with this type of story line so this might not be the one you are thinking of.

Offline Phelan

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2013, 09:30:44 PM »
My wife says it sounds like a film called Nastya made in 1992. The actress for the plain looking girl was Polina Kutepova, she had red hair. And the girl that she transformed into was played by Iryna Markova.

But she says there has been a couple different movies made with this type of story line so this might not be the one you are thinking of.

That's it! Please tell your wife thank you for me!  tiphat

Offline Anteros

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2013, 09:39:04 PM »
Hello Ladies,
There was a Russian language movie I've seen that was made in the early-mid 90s, I think. It's not a major theatrical production, looks more like a "made for TV" type film, perhaps. Maybe it was in theatres in Russia.

The setting for the story was contemporary times, not some previous 18th century or something like that. The story is a pleasant fairy tale type story in a modern city.

The story line was this: a young lady, perhaps in her late teens/early 20s, is a simple girl with a simple life, and a decent simple boyfriend. She has a dream that she will become a famous model and actress. There is some kind of magic mirror in the story. She wakes up in the morning, looks in the mirror and discovers that she has become that woman. So, the story proceeds where she has some experiences in modeling and acting opportunities, but she concludes that the glamor does not bring happiness, and so on.

Then at the end of the story, she wakes up again, looks in the mirror, and she is her simple self again. And she reunites with her boyfriend, who has been looking for her and wondering what happened to her. She is happy to be back in her regular life.

The actress was a very beautiful girl. But I don't think she made many appearances in much after that.

Does that sound familiar to anyone? Can you help name the film and actress?

Glamour and/or money rarely bring real happiness.  Just think Norma Jean...
Be careful what you wish for, you might get it.

Offline d672

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2013, 10:31:51 AM »

She says you're welcome    tiphat

Offline Donhollio

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2013, 05:36:09 PM »

She says you're welcome    tiphat

Tell your wife I say hello!  :P