The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Miracles do happen.  (Read 49364 times)

Offline Justmd

• Trips: 5-10
Re: Miracles do happen.
« Reply #325 on: April 30, 2012, 08:53:32 PM »
Well...she just called me and we are talking about this...stupid men is all she would say.

It's folly to hide behind your girl and post derogatory comments by proxy in her name (if even true). If you open that door it can get messy if a member responds in kind.

Still waiting on that link...

I make no excuses on being a hard ass on certain subjects, fact is I do not abide by with a man promoting the fact his wife was 17 when they first meet, yes it was mentioned here so clearly!! and find it strange he has not commented back to clarify this...So now I ask him to do so.
Link me to the quote/message/post where "it was mentioned here so clearly".

Brass

Derogatory comments about what,older men who pursue young girls? I don't hide behind Marina as she knows I am the type who will say what I think and not care what others will say...with the exception of her.

Offline Justmd

« Reply #326 on: April 30, 2012, 08:55:19 PM »
:laugh: No, was a sophomore in high school.

I'm sorry but I only speak English.  :(

Sophomore is a term to describe a student in the second year of study at high school or university. It is used primarily in the United States.
Nice copy paste from:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sophomore
 :chuckle:

Your point is? wtf

Offline VIP

• Spouses Country: Eastern Europe
« Reply #327 on: April 30, 2012, 09:01:29 PM »

Sophomore is a term to describe a student in the second year of study at high school or university. It is used primarily in the United States.
Nice copy paste from:

Your point is? wtf
Sorry, I couldn't resist. It's dark thirty so I know you are drinking tequila as usual.  :chuckle:

Offline Justmd

« Reply #328 on: April 30, 2012, 09:13:12 PM »

Nice copy paste from:

Your point is? wtf
Sorry, I couldn't resist. It's dark thirty so I know you are drinking tequila as usual.  :chuckle:

ok, that was different. "It's dark thirty" may I ask your age?

Offline VIP

« Reply #329 on: April 30, 2012, 09:25:11 PM »

Nice copy paste from:

Your point is? wtf

LOL, I don't normally use that term, just something I heard a few times.
Sure, you can ask, but my age is an unlisted number.  :biggrin:
But I am probably half a century younger than Tom.  :laugh:

Offline TomT

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #330 on: April 30, 2012, 09:49:54 PM »

You knew that J couldn't possibly have written that definition of "sophomore" by himself. That's a good call for someone who is only 13.

Offline Justmd

« Reply #331 on: April 30, 2012, 09:51:12 PM »
Nicknick and TomCat,

I think what we're dealing with here is Mark not realizing that accuracy counts when conveying information to members on a forum such as ours. In otherwords, what we have here is a failure to communicate.

Let's just get right to it and link an interview dated Jan of this year and listen to Anna explain the timeline in her own words...

I'll convey this though, Mark should be aware that timelines do become important in significant age gap marriages especially when ones bride is/was Anna's age. He runs an agency. He is a service provider. There are those that would seek to discredit him or misconstrue what he's written/posted/talked of and those that could genuinely and in good conscience arrive at a misunderstanding if questioning such a timeline. As an SP he needs to ensure that ambiguous language regarding himself, his business and his own marriage is kept to a minimum.

When Mark first arrived I did what I normally do with commercial members and conducted an internet search to see what's what and did raise an eyebrow at one or two minor variations (based on several sources-internet vids, book review(s), converstaion on forums etc.) of dates and ages. However, I've come to the conclusion based on their individual webcasts, youtube vids, nationally broadcast interviews and written word that they are consistant and appear truthful when they relate the history of how they met and how old they were/are.

I was aware of the post you've both cited and was looking to see if our self described Mr. HardA$$ was even cognizant and capable of articulating what exactly he was accusing Mark of and inviting him to clarify besides posting beligerent comments.

Good comments, you guys.

Brass

Sorry If I hurt your feelings and will remember this in the future but Mr. Davis has yet to articulate or clarify himself? again I will try to refrain from being such a harda$$ or beligerent.

Offline Justmd

« Reply #332 on: April 30, 2012, 09:53:51 PM »

Nice copy paste from:

Your point is? wtf

My 23 year son and his friends use that term, is the only reason I asked.

Offline Justmd

« Reply #333 on: April 30, 2012, 09:59:48 PM »

You knew that J couldn't possibly have written that definition of "sophomore" by himself. That's a good call for someone who is only 13.

Tom,

Again, you keep making this so easy...how old are you?

Offline VIP

« Reply #334 on: April 30, 2012, 10:00:27 PM »

Thanks  :laugh:

Offline TomT

« Reply #335 on: April 30, 2012, 10:06:04 PM »
You seem to prove my point with every one of your comments. I have this thought when reading your postings that if you smiled your face would crack.

p.s.

I have not seen p.s. used since passing notes to girls in high school.

The only thing that's been proven is that your writing borders on being incomprehensible, you can't debate anything without bloating your rebuttals with irrelevancies and you couldn't give the definition of "sophomore" without looking it up on Wiki. Perhaps you should have spent more time paying attention in class and less time passing notes.

Offline Justmd

« Reply #336 on: April 30, 2012, 10:10:28 PM »

Thanks  :laugh:

Amazing!!  :laugh:

no words needed to add, good night.

Offline TomT

« Reply #337 on: April 30, 2012, 10:27:49 PM »

Offline Brasscasing

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #338 on: May 01, 2012, 01:42:32 AM »
Sorry If I hurt your feelings and will remember this in the future but Mr. Davis has yet to articulate or clarify himself? again I will try to refrain from being such a harda$$ or beligerent.

You overestimate yourself. Other than identifying and pointing out your proclivity towards fantasizing about violent encounters and posting untruthful statements on this forum you're not important enough to influence my feelings one way or the other.

Your assertion has already been shown to be incorrect. Mark has nothing to clarify. All that remains is for you to withdraw your untruthful statement and/or apologize.

I will try to refrain from being such a harda$$ or beligerent.

Again you overestimate yourself. The term "Hardass" usually denotes 'tough but fair'. You are neither.

Absolutely do try and refrain from posting beligerent comments. Infact, for the future I'm going to insist on it.

Brass
“I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."  ~ John Diefenbaker

P.S....Unless you happen to live in Quebec and are subject to the Quebec Charter Of Values, of course.

Offline welder

• Trips: None Yet
« Reply #339 on: May 01, 2012, 01:43:29 AM »
Yep,

25 year age gap,she was 18 when they met.A big no no for the "experts" on here.

They met at a AFA social.Another big no no for the "experts" on here.

Well,they've been married 5 years now,and seem happy enough together,so i guess miracles can happen. :)

Mark does actually participate on the other main forum.

I was trying to leave this man's name out of it....but this is the posting.

OK I am a simpleton so please clear this up. Chelseaboy is a screen name of a member who made a post.  All members know when posting they may be quoted. How exactly is that pulling a "man's name" into anything?
You stated that Anna was 17 when they met.  This post says 18.
Are you talking about something completely different or making some other point?

Offline Brasscasing

« Reply #340 on: May 01, 2012, 02:13:12 AM »
Derogatory comments about what,older men who pursue young girls? I don't hide behind Marina as she knows I am the type who will say what I think and not care what others will say...with the exception of her.

No. Posting derogaratory comments in Marina's name like the quote above and this comment upthread...

...Today I read some of the comments posted here to Marina, she said she hopes these men do not find her country.

So, you do hide behind her name, I've just shown you two examples of you doing it.

Yeah? I have a name for the type of person who says (or posts) what they think (I suspect without thinking may be a more accurate description) and not care what others may also have to say (convey) -  Narcissist(ic).

Brass
“I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."  ~ John Diefenbaker

P.S....Unless you happen to live in Quebec and are subject to the Quebec Charter Of Values, of course.

Offline sharonhaber00

• If you call it "Avatar", let it be Avatar...
  • Spouses Country: Israel
« Reply #341 on: May 01, 2012, 06:54:58 AM »
sharon, no one has posted this, I think, but you are not going to have an easy time of finding a UW because very few would be open to living in Israel.

I met a few UA girls all within a month and they all like Israel. One married some Israeli guy and moved there. One visits regularly,and the other dreamed of moving there after visiting. Personally I think they're all fuct, but wadda I know.

Exactly Don. What do you know? They have been in Israel and you haven't. So on what do you base you opinion?

I base my opinion on uhhh well lets see.... A foreign policy that refuses to accept international borders. Routinely invades its neighours,takes back land they feel is theirs to build new settlements on lands they are not suppose to. Has a little guy in Iran that wants to wipe the country clean.
 Bombings, being on the receiving end of rouge missiles. Shit ya even have managed to anger the USA your only true supporter. Ohh but wait, you guys buy the military thingys from them, so they kinda need to be there for you. Not to mention all the Jews who have lots of influence in America, and I suppose even the lobby groups... America wouldn't be what it is without those beacons of hope and reality. :-\   

Sharron I'm sure the country is nice visually... well if your not staring at the 10 metre barrier wall. But with all its problems its hardly the place most wish to live. The stupid religious indifference's you have with your neighbours,and they with you is never going to subside.
  And to someone who lives in a great country such as Canada, heading to live in Israel is so very far down the list.  Now to a girl who has struggled, and seen her parents struggle with life in the FSU, Israel may seem like a beautiful haven.
  You just need to keep in mind that you are competing with better, safer, and far more stable countries. Toss in an age gap and you've increased the unlikelyhood of success.

I have not read very many of your posts, but what ever road you go down I wish you all the best. tiphat

Don, this is typically written by someone who doesn't used to do homework before he forms some opinion or go for some trip overseas.
Also it's typical to old guys and young anarchists who are politically minded and form opinions without previous experience on the subject.

Your opinions about Israel were formed from what you've heard from the media.
I think that you already have enough years to understand that believing to the media is equal to believing to marriage agencies. They will tell you half truth. They have agenda in the west, which is: Arab oil da. Israel niet. There is always another side to the coin. They will tell you one side that is more politically correct and serves their interests as I mentioned above.

The question should be how your Ukrainian female friends who attend to live in/had moved to Israel might be affected by the "problems" you've mentioned. I will break it down:

A foreign policy that refuses to accept international borders

This is irrelevant. It's also false statement.

Routinely invades its neighours, to build new settlements on lands they are not suppose to.

Also not relevant and false statement.

Has a little guy in Iran that wants to wipe the country clean.

So? Are you scared? There was a little guy hiding in some cave in Afghanistan. No body told it was a reason not to live in Manhattan.

Bombings, being on the receiving end of rouge missiles.

For some places for some period it was the case. Nevertheless in my 40 something years in this country I've never experience any close missiles attack.
But if we would talk about lets say living in USA, I would be scared by the fact that anybody can purchase gun in the supermarket.

Shit ya even have managed to anger the USA your only true supporter.

How? Whatever, is it relevant to your Ukrainian female friends?

Ohh but wait, you guys buy the military thingys from them, so they kinda need to be there for you. Not to mention all the Jews who have lots of influence in America, and I suppose even the lobby groups... America wouldn't be what it is without those beacons of hope and reality. :-\

And that makes the Ukrainian ladies who want to live in Israel  :censored:t?

By the way, I think that Israel should give up any support from USA because this is very toxic to the society who receives the support. Any country that relied on support from USA eventually screwed up.

Sharron I'm sure the country is nice visually... well if your not staring at the 10 metre barrier wall.

Some places are… depends how you decorate it (3 to 4 meters for you)

But with all its problems its hardly the place most wish to live.

I can not argue with one and half million emigrants from the FSU.

The stupid religious indifference's you have with your neighbours,and they with you is never going to subside.

Probably. How that will affect our ladies from Ukraine?

And to someone who lives in a great country such as Canada, heading to live in Israel is so very far down the list.

Of course, that is understood. Interestingly some years ago I met woman who had been emigrated from Canada to the settlement where I work. I asked her what made her decide to move to here (and leave a big house behind). There is nice community here, she said. 

Now to a girl who has struggled, and seen her parents struggle with life in the FSU, Israel may seem like a beautiful haven.

Can be to your Ukrainian female friends too?

You just need to keep in mind that you are competing with better, safer, and far more stable countries. Toss in an age gap and you've increased the unlikelyhood of success.

1, as long as you don't experience living in some country you can't really know what place is better.

2, is it the guy and what he has to offer matters for the girl or it is the country?

3, keep in mind that these Ukrainian girls you've met have positive personal experience while being in Israel.

I have not read very many of your posts, but what ever road you go down I wish you all the best. tiphat

Nadie no sabe lo que tiene hasta el día que lo pierde.

Offline AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #342 on: May 01, 2012, 09:17:54 AM »
Most of us have an opinion on just about everything. I suspect the direction of this thread will go south or ballistic and it does nothing for RUA as a whole.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline sharonhaber00

« Reply #343 on: May 01, 2012, 09:26:39 AM »
Most of us have an opinion on just about everything. I suspect the direction of this thread will go south or ballistic and it does nothing for RUA as a whole.

The other discussion on this thread about Mask & Anna and age gaps is no longer interesting for me.

Offline AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #344 on: May 01, 2012, 09:30:29 AM »

The other discussion on this thread about Mask & Anna and age gaps is no longer interesting for me.

I suspect we have now have Sterlin#2  :chuckle:

Perhaps the moderators could delete those posts referring to #315 and further on that subject.

Or perhaps the moderators just want some work.  :hidechair:
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline sharonhaber00

« Reply #345 on: May 01, 2012, 09:45:00 AM »

I suspect we have now have Sterlin#2  :chuckle:

Perhaps the moderators could delete those posts referring to #315 and further on that subject.

Or perhaps the moderators just want some work.  :hidechair:

No problem. If all this thread will be deleted I don't care. Or maybe someone wants to keep it in museum.

I've lost track of the other debate here. I don't have unlimited time to read them all. Surely there are far more interesting topics here to read rather than this thread.

Offline TomT

« Reply #346 on: May 01, 2012, 11:07:59 AM »

It's fine; far worse has been preserved.

Offline Justmd

« Reply #347 on: May 01, 2012, 08:08:46 PM »

You overestimate yourself. Other than identifying and pointing out your proclivity towards fantasizing about violent encounters and posting untruthful statements on this forum you're not important enough to influence my feelings one way or the other.

Your assertion has already been shown to be incorrect. Mark has nothing to clarify. All that remains is for you to withdraw your untruthful statement and/or apologize.

I will try to refrain from being such a harda$$ or beligerent.

Again you overestimate yourself. The term "Hardass" usually denotes 'tough but fair'. You are neither.

Absolutely do try and refrain from posting beligerent comments. Infact, for the future I'm going to insist on it.

Brass

Brass,

So you will hold others up to this same standard as well as me and you will also be held accountable to your words?

Offline welder

• Trips: None Yet
« Reply #348 on: May 02, 2012, 12:37:41 AM »
Yep,

25 year age gap,she was 18 when they met.A big no no for the "experts" on here.

They met at a AFA social.Another big no no for the "experts" on here.

Well,they've been married 5 years now,and seem happy enough together,so i guess miracles can happen. :)

Mark does actually participate on the other main forum.

I was trying to leave this man's name out of it....but this is the posting.

OK I am a simpleton so please clear this up. Chelseaboy is a screen name of a member who made a post.  All members know when posting they may be quoted. How exactly is that pulling a "man's name" into anything?
You stated that Anna was 17 when they met.  This post says 18.
Are you talking about something completely different or making some other point?

When you find time between laundry loads......

Offline Brasscasing

« Reply #349 on: May 02, 2012, 08:31:54 AM »
Nine posts removed - Off topic/out of context.

Brass