The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Miracles do happen.  (Read 49357 times)

Offline sharonhaber00

• If you call it "Avatar", let it be Avatar...
  • Spouses Country: Israel
  • Trips: 1-5
Re: Miracles do happen.
« Reply #100 on: April 26, 2012, 06:56:32 AM »
You are developping interesting clues, but probably because of language, it is difficult to understand you.

For this I'm here, and if you didn't understand something, you can ask and I will clarify for you.

If i understand you through the lines i would correct some issues about what you "told" us :

I meant exactly what I "told" you.

The only way to attract is to be yourself / unfortunately in western countries this is not enough and doesn't fit with the true (TRUE has to be shifted) expectations of WM.

It is a condition. I mean to behave naturally. It maybe not enough and require more skills, but I meant it is the basic.

Pick up experts say when someone is comfort he can attract women without notice / absolutely true but comfort is only one of the piece of attraction.

Sure there is more, but not possible without comfort.

You have surely noticed that sometime when you are not interested by a woman you show her the appropriate behavior which attracts her.

This is exactly what I mean. 

They try to be liked and nice and this is false / Who ? PUA, surely not, absolutely not. A lot guys, nice guys yes.

Will you excuse me, I don't know what PUA is. I talked about guys who feel uncomfortable to approach women who attract them and start conversation, even though they want it, but they luck of experience. If they would behave naturally they could do it. If somebody try to be nice it's not a natural nice.

/ you are right self esteem and confidence is the KEY.

I know, self esteem follows the right actions. It something you must earn. Being rejected makes bad to the self esteem for many guys. The difference between low self esteem and the high one is that the last doesn't care to be rejected and therefore try over and over again. The pick up experts compare it to a baby who learns to walk.

Nadie no sabe lo que tiene hasta el día que lo pierde.

Offline TomT

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #101 on: April 26, 2012, 10:53:19 AM »
Interestingly, the ones who were intimate the first week they met are not together.  The guys who waited are.  Most fall in the middle.   

Most relationships fail whether people consummate them or not, however.

Offline Mark Davis

• Commercial Member
  • Mark & Anna Davis
    • Dream Connections
  • Spouses Country: Ukraine/USA
« Reply #102 on: April 26, 2012, 12:05:23 PM »
Most relationships fail whether people consummate them or not, however.

That's not statistically true - at least not with international marriages.  And 99% consummate long before the wedding day.
Personalized singles events in Ukraine for marriage-minded men and women with an 80% success rate: www.DreamConnections.com

Offline shakespear

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #103 on: April 26, 2012, 12:45:45 PM »
That's not statistically true - at least not with international marriages.  And 99% consummate long before the wedding day. 

Mark:

The US divorce rate is somewhere close to 50%.  With all the language and cultural difference, one would assume that the international marriage divorce rate would be higher (especially the WM-FSU woman marriage).

Are you advocating this is not true?

Shakey
"If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun" - Katharine Hepburn

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #104 on: April 26, 2012, 01:20:17 PM »
I have had guys who waited until the wedding night. 

Most people would consider that extremely foolish. I have yet to meet any woman who would go for that either. Women are not stupid; they want to make sure a guy is not a dud in the sack. No woman wants to marry Mr Floppy.

I've had a few who became intimate their first week that they met.  Interestingly, the ones who were intimate the first week they met are not together.  The guys who waited are.  Most fall in the middle.   

I call BS here. Here in Europe, intimacy within the first week would be quite normal in any country and across any age and social group with well adjusted people who had healthy attitudes to sex. In the FSU also; if not more so. You are trying to create 'norms' here that might sit well with your clients that actually are completely untrue.

However, men who are more socially awkward around women, or those who seek huge age gaps, will end up waiting longer due to inexperience. Religious types may like to wait until a wedding.

I have yet to see anything anywhere that supports your theory that those who got intimate within a week have shorter relationships as a result. In fact, if you use the forum demographic, the converse is the case. Men who come back after the first trip still with a full box of condoms are more often than not those who become train crashes. Because the woman simply wasn't that into him and the guy couldn't read it.
Trip Reports: Links to my travels in Russia, Estonia, North Korea, South Korea, China and the US are >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline NS1

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #105 on: April 26, 2012, 01:24:45 PM »
There is no statistics on on FSUW / WM
But I went looking last  year and found a small study from a University
in US 36% divorce rate and a larger study form the UK which was 41 or 42 %
Don't have the sites now and this was based on International relationships.
They were both very reputable Universities.
Not sure how much that helps, but both numbers were lower than US and Canada
which is over 50%.

Only logic, I could put to this is if you get to the point of marriage and all it takes to
accomplish, that if there is a problem you will likely work harder to resolve it!
Than to just walk away, which seems to be common place in north America now.

I do think we had a discussion on this last year, some where.
There is nothing permanent except change.

Offline NS1

• Supporting Member
« Reply #106 on: April 26, 2012, 01:28:51 PM »
I have had guys who waited until the wedding night. 

Most people would consider that extremely foolish. I have yet to meet any woman who would go for that either. Women are not stupid; they want to make sure a guy is not a dud in the sack. No woman wants to marry Mr Floppy.

I've had a few who became intimate their first week that they met.  Interestingly, the ones who were intimate the first week they met are not together.  The guys who waited are.  Most fall in the middle.   

I call BS here. Here in Europe, intimacy within the first week would be quite normal in any country and across any age and social group with well adjusted people who had healthy attitudes to sex. In the FSU also; if not more so. You are trying to create 'norms' here that might sit well with your clients that actually are completely untrue.

However, men who are more socially awkward around women, or those who seek huge age gaps, will end up waiting longer due to inexperience. Religious types may like to wait until a wedding.

I have yet to see anything anywhere that supports your theory that those who got intimate within a week have shorter relationships as a result. In fact, if you use the forum demographic, the converse is the case. Men who come back after the first trip still with a full box of condoms are more often than not those who become train crashes. Because the woman simply wasn't that into him and the guy couldn't read it.

I would never wait till married, not only does she want to know about MR floppy.
I want to know if she is into it, good at or whatever, before I make serious commitment.
Levels of compatibility include sexual IMO
There is nothing permanent except change.

Offline shakespear

• Supporting Member
« Reply #107 on: April 26, 2012, 01:39:28 PM »

I have to agree 100% with Manny on every single point.

In fact, from a cultural perspective a well-mannered FSU woman would not take any outward action to insult or hurt someone she considers a guest to her city.  Neophytes in the process usually mistakenly interpret this polite avoidance of intimacy as thinking "she needs more time" when that is almost always never the case.  Almost always it is "she's just not that in to you"!

For the record Mark, Olga and I were intimate during the "fourth" date.  Our 10 year wedding anniversary is in July.  That's one you'll know of anyway  ;D
"If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun" - Katharine Hepburn

Offline patagonie

• Real life is meeting and kissing
  • Spouses Country: ukraine
« Reply #108 on: April 26, 2012, 01:48:36 PM »
But I went looking last  year and found a small study from a University
in US 36% divorce rate and a larger study form the UK which was 41 or 42 %
Don't have the sites now and this was based on International relationships.
They were both very reputable Universities.
Not sure how much that helps, but both numbers were lower than US and Canada
which is over 50%.

Only logic, I could put to this is if you get to the point of marriage and all it takes to
accomplish, that if there is a problem you will likely work harder to resolve it!
Than to just walk away, which seems to be common place in north America now.

I do think we had a discussion on this last year, some where.

"Only logic, I could put to this is if you get to the point of marriage and all it takes to
Than to just walk away, which seems to be common place in north America now."

I think it is a big factor in success. When you have invest a huge time, a huge amount of money, and invest a lot of emotion, you are really ready to do your best to keep this marriage. And for her i imagine this is the same. You learn to be patient because of the difference of culture, of language, in economics. So you would do your best  in your country too.

Offline TomT

« Reply #109 on: April 26, 2012, 02:40:26 PM »
Men who come back after the first trip still with a full box of condoms are more often than not those who become train crashes.

That's a bad example because it doesn't account for the guys who didn't bring 'em, didn't use 'em and, perhaps, wish that they had used 'em.

Offline Halo

« Reply #110 on: April 26, 2012, 04:06:05 PM »

Yes, there are.  I cited one in the past, which was published in both Russian and American academic journals that found a higher divorce rate than for domestic marriages.  Further, the divorce "rate" in the US is not 50%.  I've provided links to this in the past.

Another forum commissioned a study in 2008-2009 (I believe), with a fair number of respondents from a number of sources (all starting online).  All were FSUW/WM, and a statistician was hired to compile the data.  The overall divorce rate was, I think, a little over 40%.  However, Jooky (who makes rare appearances here) broke down the data further because he said "new" marriages (the year of the survey or the preceding year) skewed the results.  These responses are from male respondents only, and the percentages are divorce rates.

Married 2009 4 /26 15%
Married 2008 9 / 118 07%
Married 2007 16 / 138 11%
Married 2006 22 / 129 17%
Married 2005 14 / 49 28%

Married 2004 22 / 47 46%
Married 2003 18 / 25 72%
Married 2002 20 / 30 67%
Married 2001 23 / 41 56%
Married 2000 25 / 28 89%
Married 1999 61 / 81 75% (1999 and before)

After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Manny

« Reply #111 on: April 26, 2012, 04:08:28 PM »
Men who come back after the first trip still with a full box of condoms are more often than not those who become train crashes.

That's a bad example because it doesn't account for the guys who didn't bring 'em, didn't use 'em and, perhaps, wish that they had used 'em.

I was using a polite metaphor.  :biggrin:

Much of the one-to-one phone consultation my wife and/or I have done has been on this subject. Typically, a guy will have visited two or three times. Nothing much has happened. If he has broached the subject with the woman, the 'reasons' vary from time of the month through to religion and even 'good girls don't'. The prognosis is always the same: she just isn't that into you.

It has been said often: When a Russian speaking woman is into you, you will know about it sooner rather than later.

Assuming the guy is socially capable and experienced with women, if it hasn't happened on the first visit (and we'll assume the first visit comprises at least seven dates), - devout religion excepted - its relatively safe to assume it isn't going to. There is no shortage of available women, so even if the odd good one gets away using that criteria, like a bus, another will be along in a moment.

The thing is, socially capable men and those who are experienced with women generally, learn the ropes of this endeavour - by books, forums, school of hard knocks or whatever means - and take a crack at going it alone. Those who are shy, lack confidence, are socially awkward or lack experience with women will find comfort in a group/tour/social setting or a wingman/mentor setting and generally need more um... guidance. Those are the blokes who will buy piffle like:

This makes the guy from a different culture, who might not be super confident with women feel OK about not having early success. He will believe from piffle like this that those who "rush" get it wrong. This may lull him into a false sense of security. This may make him depend on his chosen wing-people even more hoping to achieve success.  :money:

On one of the websites recently linked about Mark and his wife, I saw their respective ages in brackets after their names. By so highlighting it, it suggested to me not only that this was their targetted USP (easy meat), but suggests to Joe Sixpack that he can pull off the same age gap with ease. That demonstrably isn't the case. Mark had the attributes his wife was looking for at that time and in her situation - and vice versa. That they are still together and happy makes them the exception rather than the norm.

My advice to those that are not sufficiently au fait with women generally is to practice at home until you know what you are doing. If you cant get it right at home, you wont pull it off with a language barrier, a cultural barrier and especially with a decade or two between you. No amount of wing-people, dollars, webinars, succinct marketing or free ebooks is a substitute for feet-on-the-ground experience and taking the slow road of learning about the society and culture you seek to delve into.
Trip Reports: Links to my travels in Russia, Estonia, North Korea, South Korea, China and the US are >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline TomT

« Reply #112 on: April 26, 2012, 04:19:56 PM »
Assuming the guy is socially capable and experienced with women, if it hasn't happened on the first visit (and we'll assume the first visit comprises at least seven dates), - devout religion excepted - its relatively safe to assume it isn't going to.

Speaking of that, I wonder how it went for Chris.

Online 2tallbill

« Reply #113 on: April 26, 2012, 05:14:29 PM »

Speaking of that, I wonder how it went for Chris.

I am only speculating but I would match any bet that he is back home
and the plastic is still around the full pack of Condoms.
FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Online 2tallbill

« Reply #114 on: April 26, 2012, 05:20:40 PM »

If you are speaking about WOVO I agree.

If a guy visits many then depending on the length of the trip especially one week
trippers, there is a chance that he won't narrow things down quickly enough on
the first trip.
FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Offline Justmd

« Reply #115 on: April 26, 2012, 07:00:16 PM »
Mark Davis,

You are 49 and your wife is 23...my son is 23! I have nothing else to say on this TR.

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #116 on: April 26, 2012, 07:11:42 PM »

Yes, there are.  I cited one in the past, which was published in both Russian and American academic journals that found a higher divorce rate than for domestic marriages.  Further, the divorce "rate" in the US is not 50%.  I've provided links to this in the past.

Another forum commissioned a study in 2008-2009 (I believe), with a fair number of respondents from a number of sources (all starting online).  All were FSUW/WM, and a statistician was hired to compile the data.  The overall divorce rate was, I think, a little over 40%.  However, Jooky (who makes rare appearances here) broke down the data further because he said "new" marriages (the year of the survey or the preceding year) skewed the results.  These responses are from male respondents only, and the percentages are divorce rates.

Married 2009 4 /26 15%
Married 2008 9 / 118 07%
Married 2007 16 / 138 11%
Married 2006 22 / 129 17%
Married 2005 14 / 49 28%

Married 2004 22 / 47 46%
Married 2003 18 / 25 72%
Married 2002 20 / 30 67%
Married 2001 23 / 41 56%
Married 2000 25 / 28 89%
Married 1999 61 / 81 75% (1999 and before)

I read a report from an interfaith group a couple years back. What struck me was those who married outside there own faith but inside there own religion managed percentage wise make a go of it. I do not remember how far back it went, but it was long term.

The odd thing & that was what I studied, was people who married outside there own culture but within there own religion. So i.e. Slavic with Caucasian or Hispanic with Slavic or what ever that these relationships seemed to last longer. I know if you read a site such as AFA they insist that the cross cultural relationships last longer and are more stable.

Looking at the numbers above they are sobering, especially over the long term. :(

“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline TomT

« Reply #117 on: April 26, 2012, 07:31:09 PM »
Mark Davis,

You are 49 and your wife is 23...my son is 23! I have nothing else to say on this TR.

I'm sure that Mark would have chosen a different wife if he had known that you would object to Anna.

Offline Larry

« Reply #118 on: April 26, 2012, 07:34:44 PM »
Mark Davis,

Looks like Mark will have to get some friends with younger sons.

Offline Justmd

« Reply #119 on: April 26, 2012, 07:44:28 PM »
Mark Davis,

Looks like Mark will have to get some friends with younger sons.

or older daughters.

Offline PBRstreetg

• Spouses Country: Беларусь
  • Trips: 1-5
« Reply #120 on: April 26, 2012, 08:27:31 PM »
To TomT: 10-9 but I get it  :ROFL:

To Manny: yo comprendo and that's a big 10-4
Разрушить всегда легче, чем построить. Обидеть проще,чем простить. И врать всегда удобней , чем поверить. А оттолкнуть намного проще, чем любить

Offline Halo

« Reply #121 on: April 26, 2012, 08:40:49 PM »
I read a report from an interfaith group a couple years back. What struck me was those who married outside there own faith but inside there own religion managed percentage wise make a go of it. I do not remember how far back it went, but it was long term.

The odd thing & that was what I studied, was people who married outside there own culture but within there own religion. So i.e. Slavic with Caucasian or Hispanic with Slavic or what ever that these relationships seemed to last longer. I know if you read a site such as AFA they insist that the cross cultural relationships last longer and are more stable.

Looking at the numbers above they are sobering, especially over the long term. :(

That statistic marries up to what I have observed locally.  Of all the couples I have known, the FSUW- WM marriages that have lasted are either of the same religion (Jewish), or FSUW (including RW) who married ethnically UM, which is a large community where I live (Alberta). 

One of the reasons I suggest men avoid Ukraine is because so many Ukrainians wish to emigrate, due to the economy, corruption, and political uncertainty.  When those are factors, you don't really know if the woman is marrying you or looking for an escape.  However, those figures are rising for Russia as well, even if the economy is more stable.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Halo

« Reply #122 on: April 26, 2012, 08:44:09 PM »
Mark Davis,

I'm sure that Mark would have chosen a different wife if he had known that you would object to Anna.

I suspect it is just how much weight should be given to the advice of such a couple (as I understand, their advice is "as a couple"). 

If married six years, was she 17 when they married?

Offline Justmd

« Reply #123 on: April 26, 2012, 08:51:01 PM »
Mark Davis,

So you approve of such a age difference? Tom...you are a fraud.

Offline Justmd

« Reply #124 on: April 26, 2012, 09:03:17 PM »
Mark Davis,

I suspect it is just how much weight should be given to the advice of such a couple (as I understand, their advice is "as a couple"). 

If married six years, was she 17 when they married?

My thoughts also...sad! Ward and these guys should hook up.