The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Cheap American ATM deals in Russia  (Read 929 times)

Offline nicknick

• Trips: 5-10
Cheap American ATM deals in Russia
« on: April 11, 2012, 05:02:05 PM »
While looking for something else I noticed that Charles Schwab Bank, http://www.schwabbank.com/checking.do  has a debit card that gives you cash withdrawals from an ATM without any fees.

Perhaps the biggest problem with using ATMS in different countries are the fees.  You generally lose out in two ways.  Firstly there is a fee for using an overseas ATM and, secondly, they put a loading on the exchange rate as well - although usually not as much as if you are exchanging cash in a bureau de change.

I noticed that this bank offer to refund all ATM fees on their Visa debit cards with certain checking accounts.

I don't know how this compares to other US banks, but it seems a good deal - unless they have a massive loading on the exchange rate.