The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Angels For Odessa Animal Rescue - a service worth helping  (Read 1464 times)

Offline Odessarents

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
Angels For Odessa Animal Rescue - a service worth helping
« on: February 28, 2012, 12:08:54 AM »
Today I heard of this charity started by Dr. James Cook, M.D. in Odessa, Being a pet owner myself and live in Odessa I know the many helpless animals in Odessa and how few service's are here to help them.  I myself was happy to see there are others helping in this sad issue in Odessa. I thought I would post this on the forum in hopes that others would want to help this service to survive

http://angelsforodessa.com/

Offline JezP

• Commercial Member
  • Spouses Country: Ukraine
Re: Angels For Odessa Animal Rescue - a service worth helping
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 11:44:38 AM »
well said mate,

j

Offline Vinnvinny

• Trips: 20+
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2012, 12:03:19 PM »
Whilst I respect what these people do, and I am certainly very aware of the stray dog issue in Odessa, I personally think they are addressing the problem from the wrong direction. Money should be spent on educating people and neutering the existing packs.

Offline Odessarents

• Commercial Member
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2012, 11:39:40 PM »
Whilst I respect what these people do, and I am certainly very aware of the stray dog issue in Odessa, I personally think they are addressing the problem from the wrong direction. Money should be spent on educating people and neutering the existing packs.

Programs like this do help and educate, they get local people and veterinarians involved in a neutering program and do educate people you first have to have organizations willing to commit and care for things to change. This month 4 paws is in Ukraine to also help in this problem, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qQPwF2Jt6A&feature=player_embedded#!

these things still happen in the UK, US and many other countries where people are educated, But there are still the same type of issue’s but they just pick up the animals and put them to death if they can not find them a home in 7 days, So giving a donation to someone wanting to help these poor animals in Odessa is a show of support and help to start a change in the way thing are now.