The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Moscow again!  (Read 3932 times)

Offline pup zemly

Moscow again!
« on: September 08, 2007, 10:20:35 AM »
there are a lot of foreign men, women and couples at the Red Square.
Men, foreign men like to wear second-hand clothes :duh:
One man made a belch after he ate a hot-dog. it seemed it was natural for him :sick0012:
and there was an "amazing" couple- a girl was about 20, a man was far after 60 :rolleye0009: she was walking to quickly for him  :chuckle: as he could hardly follow her.

Offline pup zemly

Re: Moscow again!
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2007, 01:21:37 PM »
not far from the place where i visited the chemical exhibition

Offline mendeleyev

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2007, 10:24:55 PM »
Julie, nice phoeos.  The last one is of a very attractive high rise building.  Is this the building on Kutuzov Avenue not too far from Park Pobedy Metro Station?  If so would it be just south of the Triumphal Arch and across the street from the Moscow Cats Theatre?

Keep posting your nice photos.

Offline pup zemly

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2007, 01:44:38 AM »
Julie, nice phoeos.  The last one is of a very attractive high rise building.  Is this the building on Kutuzov Avenue not too far from Park Pobedy Metro Station?  If so would it be just south of the Triumphal Arch and across the street from the Moscow Cats Theatre?

Keep posting your nice photos.

it is a business centre. if i am not mistaken the nearest underground station is "Bagrationovo"
Im happy that you've liked my pics :innocent:

Offline pup zemly

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2007, 02:19:20 AM »
there were a lot of foreign people at the exhibition- the usa, germany, italy :innocent:
i am sorry that i visited it only for one day :(

Offline pup zemly

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2007, 02:28:04 AM »
do u like my jersey?  ;D
time is off :party0011:

Offline mendeleyev

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2007, 01:05:05 PM »
Julie, I'm assuming you are the attractive blonde standing outside and away from the Resurrection Gate?  Did you visit the little chapel at the entrance?  I find it very meaningful to pray (even when it's crowded).

Of all the Kremlim churches, my two favourites are Cathedral of the Mother of God's Kazan Icon which is just around the southwest corner from where you were standing, my second favourite is St Basils.  I guess the Kazan cathedral holds so many special memories because we find it so peaceful and calming inside.

Offline pup zemly

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2007, 01:18:54 PM »
there is no me in the pics :)
i am not a blonde :king:
I dont visit churches, i treat them only as places of history