The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Poll

Has Your Wife Gained Weight? What Does She Weigh Now?

She now weighs less than she did
3 (5.1%)
She weighs about the same
17 (28.8%)
She has gained less than 5kgs (11 pounds)
5 (8.5%)
She has gained 5-10kgs (11-22 Pounds)
2 (3.4%)
She has gained more than 10kgs (22 pounds)
5 (8.5%)
I haven't noticed and/or don't care
1 (1.7%)
My wife weighs under 50kgs (110 Pounds)
3 (5.1%)
My wife weighs 50-55 kgs (110-121 Pounds)
11 (18.6%)
My wife weighs 55-60 kgs (121-132 Pounds)
4 (6.8%)
My wife weighs 60-65 kgs (132-143 Pounds)
1 (1.7%)
My wife weighs more than 65 kgs (143 Pounds)
2 (3.4%)
I don't know or care what she weighs
5 (8.5%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Author Topic: Will She Put On Weight After Marriage? Find Out Here - This is the SLIM topic!  (Read 22625 times)

Offline Turboguy

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Nobody can see who voted for what

That is not exactly true Manny.  If I vote and my wife reads the thread what you voted for is bolded.   Not that she would kill me, and if she did I have had a pretty full life anyway so I would have no complaints, not that dead people tend to complain a lot.

If I did vote it would be the first vote in that catagory.

Offline marishka

Both my husband and I gained weight our first year together. :duh: I think I gained about 30-35 pounds. Now, I am 5'11 and have never been size 0, or 2, or even 4. Ever. OK, may be when I was 10 years old.  :laugh: Even with 30 pounds on I still looked slender because of my height. I left Russia being size 6 and slowly started wearing size 8. Gym helped for a while. Then I got pregnant and gained 50 pounds. After the birth I hired a personal trainer and lost all of them....for some time. It's been always a struggle, because my husband is an excellent chef and gets upset if I don't try what he cooks for me. I am his guinea pig; he tries new recipes on me  :laugh: I just want to be healthy and be in a normal weight range. As for my husband, I personally like big guys, preferably with a beer belly  ;D I was very happy when he gained weight. I think he gained about 60-70 pounds, may be more. He is trying to lose some weight now, and I am trying to convince him not to.  :'(  I know that he doesn't really care how much I weight, unless it becomes a serious health issue.  

I try to go to a gym at least 3 times a week, but it's been a challenge lately. I just don't have time for it.

Offline JeanClaude

• Spouses Country: Several girls, not all at the same time
Here's another one well off most guys radar: Link

Tucked away in the back of beyond in Azerbaijan. 68kgs @ only 5'4".  :o   Expression of interest response rate: 0% -- because nobody wrote her.

She is hoping to meet a guy up to 40. That will never happen. Her *realistic* upper limit should be much older.

On the plus side, she has good English and no sprogs. In the real world, at that weight, in that location, she best move that bar up to 60 years old if she is to have a chance with an adequately funded, serious foreigner.

If you like some meat on the bones and are happy to fly to Azerbaijan to snag a younger woman, she may be a winner.

yeah

If she wasnt as fat as a...
a day not trolled is a day not lived

Offline Rasputin

• Trips: 10-20

Tucked away in the back of beyond in Azerbaijan. 68kgs @ only 5'4".  :o   

yeah

If she wasnt as fat as a...

If you calculate her BMI, she is pretty average in terms of weight  :coffeeread:
"Seems I live in Russia Rasputin visited" - Millaa
"So do I" - Molly35ru

Offline JeanClaude

IF a women writes down her weight, you better adjust that a lil bit!

Offline djfourmoney

What in the hell is that based on? So anything over 130lbs is consider obese? I don't even see how that's even possible. If you wanna stick figure for a wife, that's perfectly okay but there plenty of women over 130lbs that still look perfectly thin.

I'm starting to be really concerned with your physical view of women like its almost unrealistic.

Offline djfourmoney

This post was actually made by me, Shakey.  Damn, sorry dj - yet another example of me hitting the modify key instead of the quote key.  Got to learn to quit drinking so much while in Moscow.  DJ kindly replace your post

Men are impressed by hot young things.

Of course we are.  Regardless of the age of the man, he's "hardwired" by mother nature to be attracted to women in their prime childbearing years (19-29).  To ask a man to not look at a pretty girl in that age group is the same as asking him not to breathe. 

Offline JeanClaude

Some men are gay,

So what nature dictates can differ from man to man, but you are right, a large part of men will look at physicly attractive women,

Offline Bruce Lee

• Trips: 5-10

What in the hell is that based on? So anything over 130lbs is consider obese? I don't even see how that's even possible. If you wanna stick figure for a wife, that's perfectly okay but there plenty of women over 130lbs that still look perfectly thin.

I'm starting to be really concerned with your physical view of women like its almost unrealistic.
+ 1, I also dare say that the majority who are handing out the critic are unlikely to be the mirror image of Adonis themselves  :-X
If you get a minute check out Bruce's TR - Its not quite finished, however its still a pretty good read IMHO.

If I win the lottery I'll finish it this week if not I'll probably complete it when I retire!!! Until then I hope you enjoy the story so far!

Offline shakespear

• Supporting Member
I also dare say that the majority who are handing out the critic are unlikely to be the mirror image of Adonis themselves 

True but completely fair.  While men are hardwired by nature to be attracted to young fertile women, women are hardwired to seek out men that that can best protect and provide for them and their offspring.  When talking about marriage, a less-than-physically-attractive man with significant financial assets can attract a woman well outside his own "league" much easier than that a more handsome man with limited financial assets.     
"If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun" - Katharine Hepburn

Offline JeanClaude

So anything over 130lbs is consider obese?

:ROFL: :ROFL:  Your kidding right?

If you want fat women, why look in the FSU?

Offline JeanClaude

I also dare say that the majority who are handing out the critic are unlikely to be the mirror image of Adonis themselves 

True but completely fair.  While men are hardwired by nature to be attracted to young fertile women, women are hardwired to seek out men that that can best protect and provide for them and their offspring.  When talking about marriage, a less-than-physically-attractive man with significant financial assets can attract a woman well outside his own "league" much easier than that a more handsome man with limited financial assets.     

Are you trying to tell us something?  ;D ;D ;D

Offline shakespear

• Supporting Member
So anything over 130lbs is consider obese?

:ROFL: :ROFL:  Your kidding right?

If you want fat women, why look in the FSU?

I have to agree with JC here. . . . . 162cm and 150 pounds is a little pudgy. 

Offline shakespear

• Supporting Member
Are you trying to tell us something? 

No just expressing what should be obvious to most.

Offline JeanClaude

Are you trying to tell us something? 

No just expressing what should be obvious to most.

What is obvious is that djfourmoney and Bruce Lee like short fat women! Well djfourmoney likes big asses (from his video posting of brazilian women), now to each his own , sure,
 but to call people who dont like fat women, abnormal is ....abnormal!

Offline shakespear

• Supporting Member
Just curious Jean Claude.

You speak with a lot of authority of the topics of FSU women.

Just how many times have you visited Russia?  Ukraine?  Other FSU countries?

Offline Bruce Lee

What is obvious is that djfourmoney and Bruce Lee like short fat women!
Cheers JC, I getting the full complement of insults today  tiphat
If you get a minute check out Bruce's TR - Its not quite finished, however its still a pretty good read IMHO.

If I win the lottery I'll finish it this week if not I'll probably complete it when I retire!!! Until then I hope you enjoy the story so far!

Offline Bruce Lee

Just how many times have you visited Russia?  Ukraine?  Other FSU countries?
Drum roll, while JC thinks of an acceptable number?   :popcorn:

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
Hey guys, fair's fair!
I have been banging on for years that Russian women are as likely to be pudgy as in the US and here's proof: http://www.food.gov.uk/healthiereating/advertisingtochildren/promotion/issues/obesityratesworldwide/

To be sure, the data is not easily directly comparable for several reasons but the story is not unclear. ;)

You will not likely notice much difference between Russian and American women when it comes to excess avoirdupois. You WILL see significantly more obese women in the US but overall, if you don't like chubsters, Russia is not hallowed ground. If you want slender sylphs then you need to be in France where a meagre 7% of women are obese and only just over 20% are overweight.
It'd seem that overweight includes the obese, so obesity is a subset of overweight.

From the link, proportion of female chubsters overall:
Russia: 31%
USA: 28%
France: 20.3%

To be honest this accords with my experiences of all three places. If you want a grotesque go to the US, but not much between the US and Russia when it comes to overweight in general and France is where to go for slender lovelies (except that Estonia is reputed to have about the most slender populace in the advanced world).
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline JeanClaude

I really don't know why my dislike of fat women has anything to do with the number of times I have visited the FSU.

FSU being also Poland, Hungary, Romania, Czech Republic, etc etc
  more times then I can count.

@Andrewfi,

You are right about France, a fat single women in France will not get a lot of dates! (unless maybe with African French guys, for some reason they date a lot of fat chicks)

If you are married with children and a little chubby that is more accepted. no worries.

It is also hard for obese men/women to find designer clothes that would fit them nicely.

Offline JeanClaude

Your Welcome  tiphat

Offline shakespear

• Supporting Member
I really don't know why my dislike of fat women has anything to do with the number of times I have visited the FSU.

FSU being also Poland, Hungary, Romania, Czech Republic, etc etc
  more times then I can count.

No JC, those are European countries that were occupied by the Soviet Union after W W II.  I'm specifically asking you how many times you've been to Russia or one of the 14 other former Soviet republics: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belorussia (now Belarus), Estonia, Georgia (now Republic of Georgia), Kazakhstan, Kirgiziya (now Kyrgyzstan), Latvia, Lithuania, Moldavia (now Moldova), Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, and Uzbekistan?  I suspect the answer to my question is "zero".  Am I wrong?

Offline Bruce Lee

Your Welcome  tiphat
No problems, yours I take with a pinch of salt  tiphat

Offline JeanClaude

No JC, those are European countries that were occupied by the Soviet Union after W W II.

I totally agree, but a majority of forumposters (mostly Americans) would not agree with that definition.

I'm specifically asking you how many times you've been to Russia or one of the 14 other former Soviet republics: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belorussia (now Belarus), Estonia, Georgia (now Republic of Georgia), Kazakhstan, Kirgiziya (now Kyrgyzstan), Latvia, Lithuania, Moldavia (now Moldova), Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, and Uzbekistan?  I suspect the answer to my question is "zero".  Am I wrong?

Sorry to burst your bubble, but there is such a thing as a trip report.

Offline shakespear

• Supporting Member
Sorry to burst your bubble, but there is such a thing as a trip report.

If you choose not to answer my direct question I'll understand.   :pointlaugh: