The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: The Kremlin Denies Sending Russian Mercenaries to Venezuela  (Read 10712 times)

Online 2tallbill

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 10-20
The Kremlin Denies Sending Russian Mercenaries to Venezuela
« on: February 22, 2019, 09:03:49 AM »
https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2019/01/28/kremlin-denies-sending-mercenaries-to-venezuela-a64309

From Newsweek
RUSSIAN SECRET MILITARY MERCENARIES DEPLOYED TO VENEZUELA
TO PROTECT MADURO FROM COUP, CAPTURE

http://www.newsweek.com/russian-military-venezuela-maduro-coup-1306071

From Reuters
Exclusive: Kremlin-linked contractors help guard Venezuela's Maduro
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-venezuela-politics-russia-exclusive/exclusive-kremlin-linked-contractors-help-guard-venezuelas-maduro-sources-idUSKCN1PJ22M

WAR FOR HIRE How world’s next global power could be a PRIVATE army amid fears
Russia is about to unleash mercenary battalions in Venezuela

http://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8479911/how-worlds-next-global-power-could-be-a-private-army-amid-fears-russia-is-about-to-unleash-mercenary-battalions-in-venezuela/

Wagner group boss Yevgeny Prigozhin and Vladmir Putin

FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Offline Wiz

• Trips: 20+
Re: The Kremlin Denies Sending Russian Mercenaries to Venezuela
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2019, 03:05:28 PM »
2tallbill

Perfect list of sources you outlined above.... especially the one where you borrowed the map about Russian Contractors.... Mercenaries you mean....... :ROFL:

You forgot to mention the US Academy etc..... Mercenaries used by your Government during the past .....century etc and still is using!  :'(

Nice try to cover the USA intentions and actions regarding the Latest US actions against  Venezuela ..... which is suffering because of the USA sanctions........

Any how just to educate you watch this video.

Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2019, 01:43:36 AM »
Wiz,

Venezuela is suffering because incompetent leadership..

Carry on ..

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2019, 07:22:43 AM »
The competence of the government is absolutely irrelevant as a factor in the Venezuelan economy given the external powers limiting the normal functioning of that economy.

No normal economy could be expected to function effectively given the constraints placed upon Venezuela by and through the efforts of the United States.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2019, 10:02:06 AM »
Wiz,

of heavy sanctions
Carry on ..
FTFY.

the only reason usa supports yet another coup (because even if mad. resigns the other guy is not in the picture) is because he promised to sell the oil companies to usa stakeholders which mad. didnt want.
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2019, 10:52:35 AM »
Wiz,

of heavy sanctions
Carry on ..
FTFY.

the only reason usa supports yet another coup (because even if mad. resigns the other guy is not in the picture) is because he promised to sell the oil companies to usa stakeholders which mad. didnt want.

IIRC either Chavez or Maduro (or both of them) stole Billions from the USA when they nationalized oil assets.

They owe us big time as well Maduro is a thief against his own people. He’s got to go and it’s time the people of Venezuela have a proper leader.

Offline Wiz

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2019, 10:58:23 AM »
Wiz,

Carry on ..

I don't have to answer your silly comment ..... Andrew And Mark have given the answer, which of course, knowing you, you probably try to dispute!

What's happen?

Can't you get a visa to Russia...... and have to travel to Georgia........ to meet your cover girl?

Poor Noby what you have to go through..........in your adventures...... to earn your keep!

:ROFL:

Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2019, 11:37:15 AM »
Wiz,

Carry on ..

I don't have to answer your silly comment ..... Andrew And Mark have given the answer, which of course, knowing you, you probably try to dispute!

What's happen?

Can't you get a visa to Russia...... and have to travel to Georgia........ to meet your cover girl?

Poor Noby what you have to go through..........in your adventures...... to earn your keep!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/rrapier/2017/05/07/how-venezuela-ruined-its-oil-industry/amp/

and

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2018/06/14/world/americas/venezuela-oil-economy.amp.html

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2019, 12:00:33 PM »
Wiz,

Carry on ..

Andrew And Mark have given the answer, which of course, knowing you, you probably try to dispute!

The former's judgement is no basis for validation ...  if that was your 'best shot'

Right now the army are abandoning their posts to allow  'banned' aid in .... 

'Cover girl' isn't coming to Georgia  and it is a constant source of amusement to read of my 'not having / not being able to get an RU visa  :chuckle:

Your estimations of others lives are as wacky as your opinion on Venezuela

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2019, 12:07:38 PM »
Wiz,

of heavy sanctions
Carry on ..
FTFY.

IIRC either Chavez or Maduro (or both of them) stole Billions from the USA when they nationalized oil assets.

They owe us big time as well Maduro is a thief against his own people. He’s got to go and it’s time the people of Venezuela have a proper leader.

Even if what you say is true, does that mean that you can interfere in honest democtratic countries and actually pick the leader you want by starving the population and then propping up a leader as 'saviour' who will be able to feed his people?

I thnk Russian Collusion is a joke compared to these actions, they are not even close to respecting sovereignity.

Juan Guaidó, is not in the line of succession even if a revolt happens and Maduro is removed from office.

Too bad that America didn't recognise the ICC, otherwise your case could be heard fair and impartial by a third state body instead of forcing your will on other countries.
OO===[][]===OO

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2019, 12:17:19 PM »
Wiz,

of heavy sanctions
Carry on ..
FTFY.

Even if what you say is true, does that mean that you can interfere in honest democtratic countries and actually pick the leader you want by starving the population and then propping up a leader as 'saviour' who will be able to feed his people?

I thnk Russian Collusion is a joke compared to these actions, they are not even close to respecting sovereignity.

Juan Guaidó, is not in the line of succession even if a revolt happens and Maduro is removed from office.

Too bad that America didn't recognise the ICC, otherwise your case could be heard fair and impartial by a third state body instead of forcing your will on other countries.

Says the guy who supports the unlawful annexation of Ukraine by force and the continued invasion of Donbas by force.

An impartial third state body? The UN has condemned Russian acts in Ukraine.

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2019, 12:20:32 PM »
Says the guy who supports the unlawful annexation of Ukraine by force and the continued invasion of Donbas by force.

Really?

I don't support any war , you can read all my opinions on that subject in multiple topics.

There was also no unlawful annexation of Ukraine , Last i checked Poroshenko still ruled in Kiev.
OO===[][]===OO

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2019, 12:24:54 PM »

I don't support any war , you can read all my opinions on that subject in multiple topics.

'Ri-ight' - you are in denial about the force used in Crimea - which 100:11, 13:1 at the UK was condemned

There was also no unlawful annexation of Ukraine , Last i checked Poroshenko still ruled in Kiev.

Those of us with long memories will remember you telling us that Poroshenko is not the legally elected President ....  :coffeeread:

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2019, 12:30:42 PM »
The competence of the government is absolutely irrelevant as a factor in the Venezuelan economy given the external powers limiting the normal functioning of that economy.

No normal economy could be expected to function effectively given the constraints placed upon Venezuela by and through the efforts of the United States.

As ever, Andrewfi attempts to move the (correctly allocated) blame to a third party / nation ( delete as appropriate)

Venezuela - under Chavez and his followers failed ( big time) with their Social experiments and had 'help' from Moscow to deliver said policies .... 

Ah.... THAT would be why we have andrewfi on here blaming the US  :chuckle:

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2019, 12:35:26 PM »

Really?

I think you know I meant Crimea. Playing word games doesn’t absolve you of your support of the war in Donbas being waged by Russia against Ukraine. 10,000 innocent people have died and their blood is on Putin’s hands. The people of Ukraine call it an invasion and they ought to know. The whole World is on their side.

Just as the people of Venezuela and most of the World support Guaido.

Online 2tallbill

« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2019, 12:36:37 PM »
2tallbill
Nice try to cover the USA intentions and actions regarding the Latest US actions against  Venezuela ..... which is suffering because of the USA sanctions........

Wiz,

Things have been slow around here so I posted some articles to encourage debate.

You do sound a little bit like Fidel Castro calling US sanctions "An American Blockade" 
The US isn't trading with Venezuela as much as they did previously because they nationalized
stuff, then they borrowed money and didn't pay it back. The USA doesn't have to buy anything
from anybody they don't want.

The current regime is badly managing things. They sucked all the money out of their oil
industry but didn't make prudent maintenance and upgrades that they needed to continue
keeping the oil flowing, then the price of oil dropped and they couldn't suck out as much
money so they continued cannibalizing.

Here is a five year chart on oil production. 

The current regime has been worried about a palace coup so they gave their military
generals all of these ministries to run. The corrupt military Generals are robbing the
ministries blind and they can't keep simple things like water running.

How anyone can claim that the USA had anything to do with the corruption and
mismanagement and lowering the production capacity is beyond me. I will say
that some of the US policies could have helped lower the world wide price of oil,
but that's a really complex subject that could cover a hundred pages of debate.

Udachi!

Bill
FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up

Online 2tallbill

Trump denies sending mercenary Richard Branson for Live Aid Concert
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2019, 12:58:04 PM »
NOTE: The subject line was a joke, Trump made no such claim.  :chuckle:

Venezuela Live Aid Kicks Off Amid Calls For Liberty, Richard Branson Comments

I skipped ahead to 1 hour 5 minutes to hear some of the music from the
Live Aid Concert. In my opinion some of the music is really good, but they
have it interspersed with all sorts of Spanish political BS throughout. 

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2019, 12:59:34 PM »

Really?

I think you know I meant Crimea. Playing word games doesn’t absolve you of your support of the war in Donbas being waged by Russia against Ukraine. 10,000 innocent people have died and their blood is on Putin’s hands. The people of Ukraine call it an invasion and they ought to know. The whole World is on their side.

First
http://ruadventures.com/forum/index.php/topic,24751.msg448976/highlight,dead+children.html#msg448976

Second
http://ruadventures.com/forum/index.php/topic,24769.msg448787/highlight,dead+children.html#msg448787

And yes , my own bias is very, very clear. Anti-war.
And now tell me again how I support that war.

Re: Crimea.. there was no Illegal annexation of Crimea, it was fully supported by the will of everyone who lives there.
Crimea had the right by law to choose, and just because thats an inconvenient truth does not make it any less truthful.

Crimea was before 2014  "The autonomous republic of Crimea within Ukraine" if you named it properly and fully. Perhaps that will give you a hint.
OO===[][]===OO

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2019, 01:17:31 PM »

Re: Crimea.. there was no Illegal annexation of Crimea, it was fully supported by the will of everyone who lives there.

Well, there's a fib - right from the get, go

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2019, 01:32:00 PM »
2tallbill

Wiz,

Things have been slow around here so I posted some articles to encourage debate.

You do sound a little bit like Fidel Castro calling US sanctions "An American Blockade" 
The US isn't trading with Venezuela as much as they did previously because they nationalized
stuff, then they borrowed money and didn't pay it back. The USA doesn't have to buy anything
from anybody they don't want.

The current regime is badly managing things. They sucked all the money out of their oil
industry but didn't make prudent maintenance and upgrades that they needed to continue
keeping the oil flowing, then the price of oil dropped and they couldn't suck out as much
money so they continued cannibalizing.

Here is a five year chart on oil production. 

The current regime has been worried about a palace coup so they gave their military
generals all of these ministries to run. The corrupt military Generals are robbing the
ministries blind and they can't keep simple things like water running.

How anyone can claim that the USA had anything to do with the corruption and
mismanagement and lowering the production capacity
is beyond me. I will say
that some of the US policies could have helped lower the world wide price of oil,
but that's a really complex subject that could cover a hundred pages of debate.

Udachi!

Bill

Well said Bill. Maduro is a crook. He and his daughter and his cronies have wrecked a once prosperous nation by corruption mismanagement and theft.

The people of Venezuela deserve far better.

Arguing with Wiz though is likely a waste of time. He’s like a wind-up monkey who can only repeat “USA bad, USA bad”.  :chuckle:

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2019, 01:47:23 PM »

Really?

First
http://ruadventures.com/forum/index.php/topic,24751.msg448976/highlight,dead+children.html#msg448976

Second
http://ruadventures.com/forum/index.php/topic,24769.msg448787/highlight,dead+children.html#msg448787

Crimea had the right by law to choose, and just because thats an inconvenient truth does not make it any less truthful.

Crimea was before 2014  "The autonomous republic of Crimea within Ukraine" if you named it properly and fully. Perhaps that will give you a hint.

You can play word games until you’re blue in the face but it won’t change the truth; Crimean lawmakers were held at gunpoint by Russian special forces and told how to vote.

It was hardly lawful in fact they weren’t given a choice except for no choice. The entire thing was a farce held at gunpoint.

Admittedly it was a well organized and swift invasion involving Russian special forces with overwhelming firepower.

Offline Wiz

« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2019, 02:31:37 PM »
Wiz,

Carry on ..

What's happen?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/rrapier/2017/05/07/how-venezuela-ruined-its-oil-industry/amp/

and

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2018/06/14/world/americas/venezuela-oil-economy.amp.html

I can't be bothered with all your excuses regarding the distraction of Venezuela from the Mafia Administration of your country.

Educate your self by reading the following:

How Much of Venezuela’s Crisis Is Really Maduro’s Fault?

There are several factors for Venezuela’s economic crisis, but you wouldn’t know it by listening to U.S. leaders or following corporate media, writes Steve Ellner.

The recognition by U.S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and former Vice President Joe Biden of Juan Guaidó as Venezuelan president is the latest demonstration of the consensus in Washington over the nefariousness of the Nicolás Maduro government. Not since Fidel Castro’s early years in power has a Latin American head of state been so consistently demonized. But the 1960s was the peak of the Cold War polarization that placed Cuba plainly in the enemy camp, and unlike Venezuela today, that nation had a one-party system.

Click the Blew title and read the above and below articles.

Trump Declares Global War on Socialism

tiphat

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2019, 02:38:25 PM »
You can play word games until you’re blue in the face but it won’t change the truth; Crimean lawmakers were held at gunpoint by Russian special forces and told how to vote.

It was hardly lawful in fact they weren’t given a choice except for no choice. The entire thing was a farce held at gunpoint.

Admittedly it was a well organized and swift invasion involving Russian special forces with overwhelming firepower.
And yet, I saw one of the biggest street party EVER going on. All people were drunk and shouting 'we are going home' on the streets , this was the eve before the vote.

Crimean lawmakers didn't have to vote, the people did. And the people voted to join Russia.

Oh and overwhelming firepower? Not really, it was only the batallion stationed at Sevastopol that left base and 1 more regiment of special forces I think. Ukrainian forces defected en-masse and the few that didn't were allowed to leave peacefully.

Yeah good luck convincing someone with a Crimean wife how stuff went down.
OO===[][]===OO

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2019, 02:56:07 PM »

And yet, I saw one of the biggest street party EVER going on. All people were drunk and shouting 'we are going home' on the streets , this was the eve before the vote.

Crimean lawmakers didn't have to vote, the people did. And the people voted to join Russia.

Oh and overwhelming firepower? Not really, it was only the batallion stationed at Sevastopol that left base and 1 more regiment of special forces I think. Ukrainian forces defected en-masse and the few that didn't were allowed to leave peacefully.

Yeah good luck convincing someone with a Crimean wife how stuff went down.

By the time of your “big party” the pro-Ukrainian people knew they could be unlawfully detained and have their property stolen.

Here’s a factual account of numbers, prior to the unlawful referendum. Those are decidedly pro-Ukrainian numbers.

On February 26, thousands of protesters clashed in Simferopol.[24] Near the Supreme Council of Crimea building between 4,000 and 5,000 Crimean Tatars and supporters of the Euromaidan-Crimea movement faced 600–700 supporters of pro-Russian organisations and the Russian Unity

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_the_annexation_of_Crimea_by_the_Russian_Federation

Offline Wiz

« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2019, 02:57:58 PM »

Really?

First

Second

As I am in a hurry to watch TV ...........EDUCATE YOUR SELF ABOUT CRIMEA by reading the following:

Self-determination

and also the UN Nation rules:

https://www.humanrights.ch/cms/upload/pdf/100112_self-determination_as_a_basic_human_rights_cindy_holder.pdf

As about the 10,000 dea Ukrainian people....... I suggest you ask the CIA Director who visited Kiev and next day poroshenko started attacks on Donbass.

But I see you started believing all the Fake news and Lies spread around the world by your Jewish controlled Administration and mass Media in your country!

One day you will wake up but it would be too late.............the USA Empire will be bust.!

tiphat

Registration