The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: seeeking advice uadreams  (Read 10392 times)

Offline missAmeno

• Spouses Country: ukraine
seeeking advice uadreams
« on: January 26, 2012, 08:22:36 AM »
Hi, i just registered here and hoping for some advice
One friend of mine (British citizen) started communicate with a ukranian girl from uadreams website. I can see that he has high hopes and afraid that dating site just a scam. After brief look on net i found lot of info that emails received from girls on that site could be written not by the girls them self but by interpreter. I would appreciate any comments/advice from anyone with more knowledge/experience with uadreams
Hypocrisy is the state of pretending to have beliefs, opinions, virtues, ideals, thoughts, feelings, qualities, or standards that one does not actually have. Hypocrisy involves the deception of others and is thus a kind of lie.

Offline Muzh_1

Re: seeeking advice uadreams
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 08:24:42 AM »
I hope you are not talking about upsylon.

Offline missAmeno

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 08:40:27 AM »
upsylon? not sure what u mean
Hypocrisy is the state of pretending to have beliefs, opinions, virtues, ideals, thoughts, feelings, qualities, or standards that one does not actually have. Hypocrisy involves the deception of others and is thus a kind of lie.

Offline Muzh_1

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2012, 08:44:19 AM »
upsylon has been ranting about uadreams for months. Hell, he's been ranting about Russian women for months. Wait, that's not true. He's been ranting about women for months.

Fine, so what makes you think your friend is being scammed? If he is sending money to her smack him silly and tell him to give you the money instead. I'm serious. That should open his eyes if he is sending money.

So, let's hear you. What seems to be the problem. :smokin:

Offline missAmeno

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2012, 09:09:50 AM »
no, he said he never sent any money and he very happy that he found her. Its me who is concerned  .... and cut story short i am from ukraine originally so know well culture, life, mentality there. All i did googled uadreams spam and there is lots of references that men pay for emails to girls, translation, video chats and so on and that many man raise a question they dont believe those girls written those emails but by company did by itself or that they just been played with.  Thats why i am here asking advice

Offline Slumba

• 10:27 AM
  • Trips: 1-5
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2012, 09:16:52 AM »
If the girl is real, she should be willing to give her direct contact information such as cell number, Skype contact info or email address.  If not real, then she won't, as it is really someone writing at the agency who is pretending to be the person.

If you speak Russian and / or Ukrainian, you could offer to help translate once or twice, a scammer will not want to talk to someone who is fluent, while a serious girl would be OK with it.
Anchors Rewoven

Offline Chris

• Spouses Country: Chernivtsi, Ukraine
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2012, 09:29:16 AM »
no, he said he never sent any money and he very happy that he found her. Its me who is concerned  .... and cut story short i am from ukraine originally so know well culture, life, mentality there. All i did googled uadreams spam and there is lots of references that men pay for emails to girls, translation, video chats and so on and that many man raise a question they dont believe those girls written those emails but by company did by itself or that they just been played with.  Thats why i am here asking advice

Is your friend talking on the phone or skype to this lady? if not why not? not many scammers want to talk for long.
Слава Україні

Offline missAmeno

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2012, 10:04:20 AM »
all communication on that site most be tough them paying for every message, girls not allowed to give personal email, phone, skype and so on

Offline Turboguy

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2012, 10:14:24 AM »
My suggestion would be for him not to get his hopes up too much about the chances of her being real, knowing who he is and being interested in a relationship with him.   If he wishes to continue communications with her that is his choice.  It may do more to boost his ego than to help him find a wife but there is always a chance she is real.

My other suggestion would be to join a different site where he has a better chance of encountering real women.

Offline missAmeno

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2012, 10:16:39 AM »
thank you

Offline Rasputin

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2012, 10:35:21 AM »
all communication on that site most be trough them paying for every message, girls not allowed to give personal email, phone, skype and so on

I would try and help him find the woman on a free Russian site: vkontakte, odnoklassniki, singles.ru, etc... If she is real, and he contacts her directly, she should be more than happy to talk with him directly. If she doesn't even know he exists, then he is being taken for a ride...
"Seems I live in Russia Rasputin visited" - Millaa
"So do I" - Molly35ru

Offline Vinnvinny

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2012, 11:18:33 AM »
missAmeno: Unless your friend is communicating with an average looking middle aged lady he needs to stop wasting his money on uadreams and other such sites.

If you look at most profiles of young and hot ladies on that site you will see that most don't care what age their potential husband is. Translated into English that means 'scam'.

Offline missAmeno

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2012, 11:40:43 AM »
thank you for all responses, i appreciate

and yes, she is much younger then him

my common sense screams that is scam but its hard to tell to friend when you see he genuinely wants it to be true

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2012, 11:48:59 AM »

my common sense screams that is scam but its hard to tell to friend when you see he genuinely wants it to be true

That is the universal rule that allows people to be scammed for millions of dollars.  Everyone wants to believe in the fantacy.

The real rule to follow is that if it seems too good be be true, it probalby isn't true.

Online 2tallbill

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2012, 12:09:25 AM »
Hi, i just registered here and hoping for some advice

Welcome to the forum !!

FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Offline missAmeno

« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2012, 12:22:12 AM »
thank u

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2012, 03:44:42 AM »
Ameno,

Welcome to RUA.

While I know only a little about Ukraine, I would suggest that you get your friend to look at some of the free sites mentioned upthread. Also it might help if HE reads some of the threads so HE better understands the pro's and con's of this pursuit.

You can see your self as his wing woman!

AvHdB
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline missAmeno

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2012, 06:08:14 AM »
thats actually my second problem - why he wants fsu women   :hidechair: ( but i did started separate topic on it)

Offline Muzh_1

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2012, 07:46:33 AM »

You don't have to tell him anything. Just send him here and we'll do that for you.  ;D

Offline Chris

• Spouses Country: Chernivtsi, Ukraine
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2012, 07:50:56 AM »

Sounds like he needs educating a bit and jolting out of the fantasy he is probably living in,  if you don't feel like doing it yourself, ask him, as a friend, to visit here and see if we can help and give him some expert advice.
Слава Україні

Offline Brasscasing

« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2012, 08:49:05 AM »
Welcome to the forum Miss A.  :)

So, I need to ask why?  What has he told you that set you off, made you so concerned, prompted you to go online and check out uadreams? 

I'd be interested in how this conversation between you and your friend rolled out. Most guys don't go into that kind of detail when discussing how they met someone, especially with another female, friend or not. "Met online" or "Met through a dating site" maybe. How did it come about that he imparted the name of the agency to you?

Which leads me to this statement...

thats actually my second problem - why he wants fsu women   :hidechair: ( but i did started separate topic on it)

Odd statement, "thats actually my second problem..." Do you believe that there are better choices/women out there for him besides FSU women? Why is his wanting an FSU woman a problem for you?

Last but not least; for context - Have you ever dated, been romantically involved with or ever had feelings for/with this friend yourself?

Brass
“I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."  ~ John Diefenbaker

P.S....Unless you happen to live in Quebec and are subject to the Quebec Charter Of Values, of course.

Offline missAmeno

« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2012, 09:35:51 AM »
@ Muzh and Chris

I did speak with my friend yesterday and explained him why i am concern about that site and he did agreed that there to many red flags and decided to do more research prior contacting agency again. I will suggest him to visit this site next time we talk as I do believe it will help him in many ways.

@ Brass
 :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Have you ever dated, been romantically involved with or ever had feelings for/with this friend yourself?
no, but we did meet over dating site lmao  :8)  Neither of us interested in each other in romantic way, just friends

how this conversation between you and your friend rolled out. Most guys don't go into that kind of detail when discussing how they met someone, especially with another female, friend or not. "Met online" or "Met through a dating site" maybe. How did it come about that he imparted the name of the agency to you?
i just asked him  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh: we (female) do suffer with sin of curiosity

What has he told you that set you off, made you so concerned, prompted you to go online and check out uadreams? 
when he said that he thinking now to go visit girl in ukraine i bombarded him with 100s of questions including site name. Now I must explain that my last job involved working with websites and so naturally its a habit to check reviews/possibilities of spam/etc on any site i need more info.

Odd statement, "thats actually my second problem..." Do you believe that there are better choices/women out there for him besides FSU women? Why is his wanting an FSU woman a problem for you?
perhaps i am naive and idealist but i do believe that women ... is always just a women and doesnt matter from our nationality we have ability to be anything from "cute bunny" to horrible b :censored: h all-in-one. Just i dont think that nationality should matter so much when you seeking someone right to share your life with. As to about problem for me - i probably choose the wrong  words and should have said that i am puzzled why fsu women in particular (and not just regarding him but in general towards all man that seeking fsu women)

Offline Brasscasing

« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2012, 10:25:16 AM »
@ Brass
 :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Have you ever dated, been romantically involved with or ever had feelings for/with this friend yourself?
no, but we did meet over dating site lmao  :8)  Neither of us interested in each other in romantic way, just friends

how this conversation between you and your friend rolled out. Most guys don't go into that kind of detail when discussing how they met someone, especially with another female, friend or not. "Met online" or "Met through a dating site" maybe. How did it come about that he imparted the name of the agency to you?
i just asked him  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh: we (female) do suffer with sin of curiosity

What has he told you that set you off, made you so concerned, prompted you to go online and check out uadreams? 
when he said that he thinking now to go visit girl in ukraine i bombarded him with 100s of questions including site name. Now I must explain that my last job involved working with websites and so naturally its a habit to check reviews/possibilities of spam/etc on any site i need more info.

perhaps i am naive and idealist but i do believe that women ... is always just a women and doesnt matter from our nationality we have ability to be anything from "cute bunny" to horrible b :censored: h all-in-one. Just i dont think that nationality should matter so much when you seeking someone right to share your life with. As to about problem for me - i probably choose the wrong  words and should have said that i am puzzled why fsu women in particular (and not just regarding him but in general towards all man that seeking fsu women)

Fair enough. Maybe we could all use a friend like you in this endeavor. :chuckle:

Any idea how he settled on this particular women he is writing to? In otherwords did he convey to you that he's decided to pursue FSU(w) in general or Ukraine in particular?

Do you know if she contacted him after joining uadreams or did he contact her first and how did he come to choose uadreams?

Brass
“I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."  ~ John Diefenbaker

P.S....Unless you happen to live in Quebec and are subject to the Quebec Charter Of Values, of course.

Offline missAmeno

« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2012, 10:50:55 AM »
@Brass
Fair enough. Maybe we could all use a friend like you in this endeavor. :chuckle:
thank u  :saint:

and regarding ur other questions - honestly i dont know, i think if i would have attempted to question my friend to such extend it would have resembled more interrogations then conversation  :8)

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2012, 10:56:52 AM »

Curiosity is what makes the world go around. Trust your instincts, with women they are often correct.  :-X

With your back ground you could make a good wing woman!  :party0031:
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Registration