The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
News & Political Discussion / Re: Team Biden/Harris
« Last post by B.B. on Today at 12:39:27 PM »
They get it right far more often than not, and there are many layers of appeal, pre- and post-conviction.

^ This was not your original contention, and you are moving the goalposts.

IP wasn't a very good example to substantiate your point. Do you have others?

To the contrary, it was a very good rebuttal to your original contention about the infallibility of juries.

I rely on the reports of folks who investigated and not on emotions.

CNN clears self; "We had nothing to do with it."

You: "Hurr, durr, okay."

Riiiiiiight.  It was just a coincidence....

How turfed? Hunter Biden was charged for acts discovered on the laptop.

The left-wing media BLARED about how it was "fake" and Big Tech turfed it before the election to help Biden.

Washington Post joins New York Times in finally admitting emails from Hunter Biden laptop are real[/quote]
Bruce Golding
Published March 30, 2022

So a year and a half after the election, when it would have been material to whether Swamp Thing Joe Biden was on the take or not, WaPo FINALLY had the decency to admit the truth...and don't think that timing was an accident - well after the 2020 election, well before the 2024 election.

I can't find anywhere that impeachment requires some burden of proof standard for conviction. 

LOFL!  Just a minute ago you were screeching "No direct proof!  No direct proof!" now it's "There's no standard of proof!  There's no standard of proof!"

Which is it, Timmy?

Whatabout...
    Whatabout...
        Whatabout...
            That's why...

I used Gore as an illustration of why the court would/would not intervene.  But I get it, you struggle with abstract thinking.  I will try to dumb things down for you.

Which is exactly why Trump is trying so hard to get into that orange suit

Trump is campaigning against the process.  Simples. 

and enjoy the bondage accessories.

Ok, now you're getting weird.

Where are all his supporters protesting for him outside the courthouse?

There were, in fact both Trump supporters and anti-Trump protesters outside the courthouse.

I could say more, but I will just wait for you to move the goalposts again.  :chuckle:

Heck, even his wife and kids aren't there to support him in the courtroom...  IMO this says more than anything else we can toss around here.

In your opinion. OTOH:

Donald Trump's Family Skipping Court 'Right' Decision, Legal Analyst Says

"I think Trump is making the right decision to have no family in court. I think juries can see through the manipulative tactic of bringing family members to court as props to elicit their sympathy," {Former U.S. attorney and University of Michigan law professor Barbara } McQuade said. "A person who really loves their family would not subject them to the pain of listening to ugly accusations and evidence against him."

B/B

News & Political Discussion / Re: Alexei Navalny has died in prison
« Last post by B.B. on Today at 12:02:21 PM »
Putin likely did not directly order Navalny’s killing, U.S. intelligence agencies conclude
The assessment does not absolve Putin of ultimate responsibility for Navalny’s fate, only that the Russian president likely did not call for his killing at that time, the sources said.

U.S. intelligence agencies have concluded that Russian President Vladimir Putin probably didn’t directly order the killing of Alexei Navalny at a remote penal colony in February, according to three sources familiar with the matter. But the precise circumstances of the opposition leader’s death at the Arctic prison remain unclear.

The assessment does not absolve Putin of ultimate responsibility for Navalny’s fate, only that the Russian president likely did not call for his killing at that time, the sources said. By sending Navalny to the notorious high-security penal colony in a remote town above the Arctic Circle, the Kremlin had effectively imposed a death sentence on the opposition leader, the sources said.

B/B
« Last post by BC on Today at 11:14:37 AM »
https://www.politico.com/story/2019/07/09/bidens-earned-15-million-after-obama-administration-1404153

Biden was elected to the Senate in 1972, weeks before he turned 30, and he spent the next 44 years on a federal government salary. He filed disclosure forms as vice president showing that he and Jill had $303,000 to $1 million in assets and liabilities between $560,000 and $1.2 million.

But in April 2017, months after leaving the vice presidency, both Bidens signed a multi-book deal with Flatiron Books, for Joe Biden to write two books and Jill Biden to write one. Soon after, the Bidens bought a $2.7 million in Rehoboth Beach, Del. The house has six bedrooms and multiple decks and adjoins a state park, according to The Daily Times. The home in Rehoboth Beach is the second home owned by the Bidens: They purchased their first, in Wilmington, Del., in 1996.

The tax returns released by Biden’s presidential campaign show the Bidens paid a federal income tax rate of 33.9 percent in 2017 and 33.4 percent in 2018, for a total income tax of $3.7 million and $1.5 million during those years. They gave away a combined $1.3 million to charity in 2017 and 2018.

Yeah, it seems they really needed the cash eh? Pure greed...
News & Political Discussion / Team Biden/Harris
« Last post by 2tallbill on Today at 09:52:00 AM »

Maybe you just didn't know
about all the evidence gathered and presented so far?

https://oversight.house.gov/the-bidens-influence-peddling-timeline/

It's important to read between the lines here: 'We have absolutely nothing linking a dime to Joe Biden.' Don't get me wrong, I believe
no President's children should benefit from their parents' position in government with influence peddling.  Surely Trump's kids did not?

You didn't mention all the times Joe met, called and ate with these foreign "business associates"

Foreign entity sends the money to the relative, then the relative writes a $200K check to crooked Joe and a $40K
check to Joe and calls it a loan repayment (but there is no loan). The relatives buy the house that Joe lives in.
There are checks written to Joe from the relatives for hundreds of thousands.

The Mafia would never had been convicted if all it took was one degree of separation, one cutout or one shell account.
The mafioso's didn't own the houses they lived in, neither did Crooked Joe.

Joe received the money. You can pretend it's not true, but inside you know.

You want the left to be in power so much, so you don't care how crooked they are or what they sell for their payola.

News & Political Discussion / Re: Ukrainian Losses
« Last post by AvHdB on Today at 06:54:11 AM »
And predictably, facts are dismissed as fake news because those facts threaten the existence of the parallel universe you appear to mouth breathe in.

Odd I have wondered if one put BC and Rosco in front a drip painting by J. Pollack you two would discuss the beauty. The discussions would be is it depicting a sunset or springtime landscape. Another analogy would be the creature quacks like a duck, waddles like a duck and swims like a duck and you maintain it is a cat.

Perhaps B.B. would wonder how long it took to create the painting and I would wonder could the canvas set a new record at auction.

Nurse.....you're missing a patient.  :HOSPITAL:

Feel free to inhabit any place in your fantasy world, I will hang with the realists. In the meantime try to find a ride to the clinic so they can control your meds.

Hopefully the nurse is cuter than the sheep.
« Last post by rosco on Today at 06:07:36 AM »
And predictably, facts are dismissed as fake news because those facts threaten the existence of the parallel universe you appear to mouth breathe in.

Odd I have wondered if one put BC and Rosco in front a drip painting by J. Pollack you two would discuss the beauty. The discussions would be is it depicting a sunset or springtime landscape. Another analogy would be the creature quacks like a duck, waddles like a duck and swims like a duck and you maintain it is a cat.

Perhaps B.B. would wonder how long it took to create the painting and I would wonder could the canvas set a new record at auction.

Nurse.....you're missing a patient.  :HOSPITAL:
« Last post by AvHdB on Today at 05:22:27 AM »

« Last post by BC on Today at 03:46:20 AM »

Maybe you just didn't know
about all the evidence gathered and presented so far?

https://oversight.house.gov/the-bidens-influence-peddling-timeline/

It's important to read between the lines here: 'We have absolutely nothing linking a dime to Joe Biden.' Don't get me wrong, I believe no President's children should benefit from their parents' position in government with influence peddling.  Surely Trump's kids did not?
« Last post by rosco on Today at 03:36:11 AM »
Russia over ran and controlled 44 nations to form the USSR. No oner country compares to this feat and it the reason Nato was formed.

Your list is a bunch of crap fake news.

Meanwhile look at Russia standability of the war. Those who think Ukraine has no change to possibly win.

You're a lost old soul aren't you? Do you still think Putin killed Navalny even though your own intelligence agencies have now said otherwise?

I suggest you read up about how the USSR formed. Hint - it wasn't by carpet bombing and murdering civilians in order to get them to sign up and there was 15 republics at its height, not 44.

You say no other country compares to Russia......have you heard about Great Britain and the Mongols??  :prophead:

And predictably, facts are dismissed as fake news because those facts threaten the existence of the parallel universe you appear to mouth breath in.

:'(
And as per usual, the truth comes out after all the misleading statements and headlines from Western leaders, looking to points score and keep focus on the conflict, without actually supplying any evidence. I bet they say absolutely nothing about this......

Putin killed Navalny they said.........yet here's a statement today which will no doubt be hushed far away from the front pages. How inconvenient  :ROFL:

'Putin did not order Navalny death,' US intelligence agencies report.

https://news.sky.com/story/ukraine-russia-war-latest-us-expected-to-announce-4-8bn-of-long-term-military-aid-to-ukraine-12541713

Intelligence agencies in the US have determined that Russian President Vladimir Putin most likely did not order opposition leader Alexei Navalny to be killed, according to the Wall Street Journal (WSJ).

Mr Navalny, one of Mr Putin's fiercest critics, died at an Arctic prison camp in February at the age of 47. His allies, including his wife, accused the Russian leader of having him murdered - an accusation the Kremlin has always denied.

But after a recent assessment based on a range of information - including some classified intelligence, and an analysis of public facts - US intelligence agencies do not believe Mr Putin ordered the death of his opponent.

The assessment also took into account the timing of the death and how it overshadowed Mr Putin's presidential re-election in March, the WSJ cited some of its sources as saying.

The paper quoted sources as saying the finding had been "broadly accepted within the intelligence community and shared by several agencies, including the Central Intelligence Agency, the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, and the State Department's intelligence unit".

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10