The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
News & Political Discussion / Re: Ukrainian Losses
« Last post by andrewfi on Today at 11:11:22 AM »
Texan77, you're the expert, why not give us the list. I am curious about what history like in your parallel universe.
News & Political Discussion / Re: Political Cartoons
« Last post by Bodine on Today at 07:35:24 AM »
Shame the artist didn’t drew graveyard crosses in the background amidst the ruins and burned out landscape.
« Last post by Manny on Today at 12:13:25 AM »
Please wake up to the number of countries Russia has invaded before Ukraine. It is a long list.

Now do the US.
« Last post by Texan77 on Yesterday at 07:06:19 PM »
Please wake up to the number of countries Russia has invaded before Ukraine. It is a long list.
News & Political Discussion / Re: Political Cartoons
« Last post by Manny on Yesterday at 10:54:45 AM »

(If you have less than 500 posts, this post will be blank).
« Last post by andrewfi on Yesterday at 08:26:32 AM »
Texan, please remind us of which countries NATO has invaded. Just to confirm that we both understand what you have written.
« Last post by rosco on Yesterday at 08:16:06 AM »
The trouble now is Russia had a chance to keep Ukraine out of Nato but those days are over.

Can you remind me about this one?

Now no peace treaty unless Ukraine is part of Nato. So, the war goes on.

Highly unlikely.

Ukraine has been given more kit to keep the war going, there's more money to wash and the military industrial complex helps keep the US economy afloat for now....but Ukraine will never defeat Russia and push them out of Crimea or the East. I cant see endless billons being pumped into Ukraine from the West forever but Russia will dig in and protect what they have, if they're unable to move the front lines West.

If Ukraine joins NATO, it'll be when they've lost half their land and a buffer zone for Russia is in place. Call it stalemate and the start of a very long polarised cold war between the West and BRICS members. I still think Russia will slog it out until the US pull the rug and runs home like they did in Afghanistan.

Ukraine being part of Nato will not do anything to Russia. It is only a defensive pack which a member country has to be attacked for a joint response.

Absolute rubbish. If Ukraine were to join NATO, US troops would be swarming about the Russian border looking to provoke a response, as they do in every other NATO member state.

What this does stop Russia's future expansion plans. It is just no one wants to invade Russia it is only Russia that want to invade other countries.

:pointlaugh: :pointlaugh: :pointlaugh:

Classics rock getting unplugged makes for a nice escape now and then…

« Last post by Markje on Yesterday at 01:08:18 AM »
Ukraine being part of Nato will not do anything to Russia. It is only a defensive pack which a member country has to be attacked for a joint response.
Tell that to Yugoslavia. It ceased to exist WITHOUT attacking any NATO country. Putin specificly remarked that he began to see NATO as an agressive military block when he witnessed that event.

Never mind that Kosovo was a good enough reason to want to do so, they should have first attained the UN's permission and they didn't. It is also still a huge trauma for the Netherlands, because of sbrenica.

News & Political Discussion / Re: Team Biden/Harris
« Last post by BC on April 23, 2024, 10:59:20 PM »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Sure.  You might want to familiarize yourself with the work of the Innocence Project.

Most IP exonerations were due to eyewitness misidentification and cleared with DNA evidence.  I don't believe identifying Trump will be a problem in any of these cases.

I did not criticize the lack of subpoena, I criticized the method by which it was handled, which, especially for a former president, was highly bullshit.

They are turning this into a circus, for example, the pre-dawn raid on the home Roger Stone - at which a CNN crew, completely coincidentally and without any prior coordination just HAPPENED to be present for - a man then in his mid 60s with no history of violence.  Typical protocol would have to arrange, via his attorney, for Stone to turn himself in, but doing that doesn't make for good TV and doesn't taint the jury pool.

CNN explained "just HAPPENED" https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/25/politics/roger-stone-raid/index.html

You recall incorrectly.  The entire RussiaGate thing was a hoax, the Laptop was real, etc. etc.   Nobody has "debunked" Tony Boubalinski either.  Biden is being protected because he is a DC insider.  The Mueller Report was based on fraudulent evidence that the FBI KNEW was fraudulent at the time of the report - they knew that the Steele Dossier was bullshit within 36 hours of it being turned over to them (this was part of the Sussman investigation).

Sure, some information in the Steele dossier was junk, and some were corroborated. Yes, the laptop was real and GOP in congress has the power to investigate, subpoena and impeach if any evidence of a crime committed by Joe Biden results.  But alas, he is still in office and the congressional impeachment proceedings have lost steam.  Why? 

https://youtube.com/shorts/32fzOzCM5Ew

This is a non-sequitur.  And H-rod was (a) never president, and (b) the intelligence apparatus was never deployed against her. 

Again, the GOP-controlled House has every investigative tool and power available to call just about anyone they want to testify under oath.  Does this not include folks within the intelligence apparatus?  Never deployed?  I'm pretty sure they were heavily involved with her email server. 

Typically judges will say it's a non-justiciable political question and they give a lot of deference to the executive branches (of the states).  Ask Al Gore, who somehow managed to get the SCOFL to give him a recount in ONLY 3 heavily D counties.  The joke was on him, though; he netted 3 whole votes in the Miami Dade recount.  For some reason he still goes around saying he won, but hasn't gone to prison over it yet. /shrugs

Indeed, he conceded twice :)  His case went to SCOTUS, and that was it. End of the road.  If he is still of the opinion that he should have won so what?

I doubt he will be jailed for contempt, and if so, it will be for a few hours/days. 

B/B

I dunno... he sure is pushing hard for that orange suit. He loves digging holes and then blames others when he falls in.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Registration