The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: I'm Pretty Sure I Was Scammed For a Good Time!  (Read 50511 times)

Offline Turboguy

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: I'm Pretty Sure I Was Scammed For a Good Time!
« Reply #275 on: October 23, 2009, 07:15:20 AM »
I do think sometimes people can have a good message or at least some valid points and manage to do a good job of hiding it among a bunch of ranting and raving.  

There is a difference between introducing someone to x number of woman who would not place thier name on an agency list and x number of women who are looking for a good man to spend thier life with and would be willing to move abroad.   I think in any valid relationship it is going to come down to how the two people feel about each other and the life they would have rather than who is helping with the introduction.  I think we all wanted to avoid women who were only interested in a blue passport and not in building a good life with a good man.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #276 on: October 23, 2009, 08:47:47 AM »
Richey, you may not read this, but to give you the benfit of the doubt I re-read your posts. Nope, I must´ve missed something where you took a risk. maybe you deleted a post or a sentence?

I am sure if she had a contract to meet mugs then it´d have stopped when she removed her profile. For whatever reason she wanted to meet with you and you blew it. Rationalise all you like but she did not scam you, she wanted to meet you but did not want, or was not able, to follow through.

Anastasia and form letters, before you call it a scam, think about the numbers guys. WTF do you expect, huh? If you were SSSSOOOOO desirable then you´d not be trawling sites of women selling themselves to foreign men so how do you think you are so special that every woman will reply in person to each of your sad missives? Remember there are LOTS of you and only a few of them - Pareto goes both ways - 80% of men chase 20% of the women!

Want to reduce your ´risk´? Look for a woman over 30 with a rug rat. You will be catapulted right into ´shelffillerland´ where every woman answers her own letters and is desperate for your attention. But then you´d be chasing the woman you could meet in your own little community and they were  ´not good enough´for you were they?

Ao, what was the risk you took Richey. I can not help but think that others read your self serving little rants and wonder the same thing. Satisfy me and them, eh? What risk did you take?

Only if you did the really silly thing and fell in love with a phot and overinvested in a fantasy could you claim to have taken any risk. If you claim to have overinvested and fallen in love with a phote then I can only say ´more fool you´but to risk something you have to be in a position to lose something and you lost nothing coz you told us you enjoyed spending your money, there was no emotional connection, you were not in fear of your life (or health) and you did not lose another relationship in pursuing this fantasy. Ergo, no risk.

Mate, you may not like reading this stuff, it may not warm the cockles of your cocky, but it is closer to the truth than your fantasies and until you get the hang of that you will be pulling your pud, enjoying the company of madam Palm and her five lovely little ladies as you look at yet more fictional profiles from women who, if they exist have no real reason to want to meet you over any one of a multitude of other, probably more eligable, rivals..

...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline RG

• Spouses Country: Now the US
« Reply #277 on: October 23, 2009, 09:16:45 AM »
Past clients? Plural? We have evidence of one on video but we still don't know the outcome of that do we? Oh, sorry, we have a few of your alias posts around the net claiming to be clients.

I don't disagree with some of what you say, but I can assure you, I'm a former client of Eds, for 5-6 weeks.  Nope, we didn't go to Russia, I pursued my own paths as well. 

Ed needs to work on his people versus sales/'all knowing' skills a bit, because indeed, nothing is 'absolute,' and he comes across that way often enough, and sadly, he doesn't see it, or chooses to ignore it, but...  That doesn't mean he doesn't provide a valuable service, which may be of more or less value depending on the people involved - for someone that's looking for a typical 'hot trophy wife,' and has some delusions that any of this is easy...I have no doubt he literally can save their hides, as well as give them quite an education. 

Certainly, I also 'found' several women via Ed that showed promise, as well, that are likely I would not have been introduced to otherwise.  If you happen to dislike his personality, or the 'near absolutes' he tends to come across with, that's one thing, and that's certainly worth discussion for whomever feels the urge. 

Would he provide value to you?  Nope, you're married! :)  Others?  Dunno.  They should do their homework, look at themselves, and decide for themselves.  I think he can provide value to nearly anyone in the search, but it's up to the individual to decide how much.

Did I get the impression Ed would 'pick me a wife'?  Nope.  If I did, I'd be running.  Did I get some responses from women I immediately had little interest in?  Sure, but I don't disagree about it being a numbers game, to a *point*.  I'd prefer quality over quantity, and I tend to look for some specific things about a person, that isn't always immediately obvious in a picture or a profile.

Ed never gave the impression that he would 'decide when it's time to visit,' however, or anything else.  Indeed, one person and I went off the site and direct to email, at which point it was my choice to translate myself, or have Ed to do it..I chose to have Ed do it.  Personally, I started to lean more and more towards someone that at least spoke some level of English, but it's all mixed - some can read/write somewhat, some can't, that's something that's an individual choice, and at the time, I was more open to someone that might not speak English, but..not Ed's fault. 

The girl I chose to meet..we had long emails and phone conversations in English, sometimes with the help of a dictionary, but it wasn't until we met and I saw how long it took her to translate an email I had sent her just before we met, that it became obvious just how difficult at least *some* parts of communication can be.  We did very well, but it had it's moments, and we had patience, as well as a notebook and paper that we used often.  With some patience, we didn't have many misunderstandings, but it's certainly a possibility.  For me at least, I like to *talk* to someone, and even before things between us had started to become a serious potential to meet, I had already decided on my own preference for at least a passable level of English.  Others might not agree, it's their call.  I have no doubt that a girl could learn English, but I'd certainly make sure it was at least at a level of 3 (scale of 1-5) before you're asking any serious sorts of questions, or your Russian is equivalent..or if you're *really* daring, ok, use an interpreter to ask them for you. 

His statement about 3-4 months.  You've seen the video.  Obviously, not all people are compatible.  Do I believe if I had exclusively used Eds services, I would have 'the one' in that time?  It's difficult to say.  Do I believe that I would be flying to meet one or more?  It's likely.  From there, who knows, people are people.  I try to dismiss a lot of 'noise' from conversation early on, to find out who a person really *is*, but some women are slower to open, some quicker.  Yet, anything can happen.  I don't agree that in 3-4 months you necessarily will have found 'the one,' but it's possibly it's the start of something, and I wouldn't worry terribly much about a scammer in that scenario.

The rest of what you said, or at least some of it..yep, I've wondered about the whole 'interpreter at your side' thing.  It would not have worked well in my visit.  I'm undecided on it, to be honest, and this is nothing I haven't told Ed on the phone.  If you're communicating with girls/women with very little or no English, I'd say it could be a lifesaver, especially if you have any intentions of asking any serious questions within the span of only a few visits.  Your other option - learn Russian *well*, or get her to learn English well, and then it's still likely you'll have misunderstandings, and it will take *time*.  If I went down that path, I'd rather have Ed with me than some random interpreter, certainly, as he at least is a 'second opinion' that knows the girl somewhat via communications between you.  I'd also make sure you manage to get some time without Ed around as well, which isn't something he discourages. 

Will having an interpreter (*any* interpreter) along on a 'date' change the dynamics?  Certainly.  I haven't done it, but it's human nature - ask an intimate question of someone at a candlelit dinner sometime, then ask the same question of someone in the middle of a room full of people, or in front of even a close friend of theirs..there will be a difference in comfort, and possibly in the response.  Could it be 'bad'?  I'm sure it can, but I'd hope Ed remains as inconspicuous as possible during these sessions, and the women would know in advance that you will have an interpreter with you.  Personally, I'm unsure the idea is for me, but..I'd choose Ed over a random interpreter if I were going to go down that path. 

Having said all that, if you're willing to go down the path of trying to establish a *relationship* with someone that speaks no common language between you, that's your call.  I hope you're *both* bright enough to recognize where miscommunications and misunderstandings (cultural or language) occur, that you both work to get a common language as soon as possible, and until then, weigh the odds of an interpreter or not, and at least don't propose until you've got some time with a common language. 

The short answer - would I use Eds services again?  Quite possibly.
If I pursue someone else, would I choose to pursue someone with *zero* English - probably not, but possibly.
Would I take Ed to Russia with me?  I have no idea, honestly.
Heck, I/O - I might just wind up PMing you about your 20-30 English speaking 'friends.' :)

Offline tainted

« Reply #278 on: October 23, 2009, 09:25:29 AM »
 I think we all wanted to avoid women who were only interested in a blue passport
Ok..i have heard this being mentioned in other posts...
what do you guys mean but only interested in a blue passport..?

Offline tainted

« Reply #279 on: October 23, 2009, 09:33:54 AM »
man, this ignore button is awesome. :loving:

Offline Vinnvinny

« Reply #280 on: October 23, 2009, 09:49:51 AM »
  I think we all wanted to avoid women who were only interested in a blue passport

It's a reference to a lady just wanting to get a USA passport. Some of us are safe from this little nuance as ours are red.  :nod:

Offline Vinnvinny

« Reply #281 on: October 23, 2009, 09:52:06 AM »

How do you know?  ;D

Offline Herrie

• Tech Group
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #282 on: October 23, 2009, 10:16:18 AM »
I accept donations on my PayPal for fixing the ignore button  :king:

Offline TomT

« Reply #283 on: October 23, 2009, 10:31:04 AM »
There is a Chinese saying: "Burn the books and bury the intellectuals."

The expression was coined in the days when the Chinese masses were allergic to knowledge and intelligence. In fact, they did burn the books and bury the intellectuals (alive).

Offline tainted

« Reply #284 on: October 23, 2009, 10:42:05 AM »

It's a reference to a lady just wanting to get a USA passport. Some of us are safe from this little nuance as ours are red.  :nod:
Thanks

Offline tainted

« Reply #285 on: October 23, 2009, 11:01:03 AM »
Richey, you may not read this, but to give you the benfit of the doubt I re-read your posts. Nope, I must´ve missed something where you took a risk. maybe you deleted a post or a sentence?

I am sure if she had a contract to meet mugs then it´d have stopped when she removed her profile. For whatever reason she wanted to meet with you and you blew it. Rationalise all you like but she did not scam you, she wanted to meet you but did not want, or was not able, to follow through.

Anastasia and form letters, before you call it a scam, think about the numbers guys. WTF do you expect, huh? If you were SSSSOOOOO desirable then you´d not be trawling sites of women selling themselves to foreign men so how do you think you are so special that every woman will reply in person to each of your sad missives? Remember there are LOTS of you and only a few of them - Pareto goes both ways - 80% of men chase 20% of the women!

Want to reduce your ´risk´? Look for a woman over 30 with a rug rat. You will be catapulted right into ´shelffillerland´ where every woman answers her own letters and is desperate for your attention. But then you´d be chasing the woman you could meet in your own little community and they were  ´not good enough´for you were they?

Ao, what was the risk you took Richey. I can not help but think that others read your self serving little rants and wonder the same thing. Satisfy me and them, eh? What risk did you take?

Only if you did the really silly thing and fell in love with a phot and overinvested in a fantasy could you claim to have taken any risk. If you claim to have overinvested and fallen in love with a phote then I can only say ´more fool you´but to risk something you have to be in a position to lose something and you lost nothing coz you told us you enjoyed spending your money, there was no emotional connection, you were not in fear of your life (or health) and you did not lose another relationship in pursuing this fantasy. Ergo, no risk.

Mate, you may not like reading this stuff, it may not warm the cockles of your cocky, but it is closer to the truth than your fantasies and until you get the hang of that you will be pulling your pud, enjoying the company of madam Palm and her five lovely little ladies as you look at yet more fictional profiles from women who, if they exist have no real reason to want to meet you over any one of a multitude of other, probably more eligable, rivals..
this is funny..
i have to reply..
you act like you know so much , yet, you are a total [insult removed-Voyager] ..
what does everyone risk when they meet someone whether it be online or in person..
you dont have to be inlove with someone to risk feelings,  health, money..

all of that aside..you really are a [insult removed-Voyager]. i actually feel sorry for you at this point..almost anyway.. i think some people - you - deserve to be a miserable person.

i did put you on ignore but i did take you off because of how much of a [insult removed-Voyager] you really are and it actually blows me away...and i enjoy watching you spew stupid, meaningless posts..and make a [insult removed-Voyager] out of yourself.

you know i really dont care about what you think and how you feel...and yet...you STILL come in here and post stuff...why?
why i'll tell you why...you need attention...poor little andy needs people to pay attention to him...and you are willing to get that attention at any means necessary...you are a sad pathetic man that just needs to go away...and leave me alone.

I mean...do i need to say please?

Offline Sauron

« Reply #286 on: October 23, 2009, 11:30:13 AM »
Some people show their failur by their attitude in posts.

Offline TomT

« Reply #287 on: October 23, 2009, 12:37:40 PM »

this is funny..
i have to reply..
you act like you know so much , yet, you are a total [insult removed-Voyager] ..
what does everyone risk when they meet someone whether it be online or in person..
you dont have to be inlove with someone to risk feelings,  health, money..

all of that aside..you really are a [insult removed-Voyager]. i actually feel sorry for you at this point..almost anyway.. i think some people - you - deserve to be a miserable person.

i did put you on ignore but i did take you off because of how much of a [insult removed-Voyager] you really are and it actually blows me away...and i enjoy watching you spew stupid, meaningless posts..and make a [insult removed-Voyager] out of yourself.

you know i really dont care about what you think and how you feel...and yet...you STILL come in here and post stuff...why?
why i'll tell you why...you need attention...poor little andy needs people to pay attention to him...and you are willing to get that attention at any means necessary...you are a sad pathetic man that just needs to go away...and leave me alone.

Moderator,

I hope that you let this post stand as written; it puts allegations of Alena being a scammer in clear perspective.

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #288 on: October 23, 2009, 12:41:56 PM »

It is just sort of an expression we sometimes use here Richey.   I think what we are trying to say is that we want a woman who is not desperate.   Someone looking for a good man who she considers someone she wants to spend her life with and not someone who wants to grab the first warm body to take her away from a life or country she dislikes with the thought that once she gets there she can upgrade to someone else who is richer, younger or better looking.   Yes, it does not have to be a USA passport, it can be Brittish, Italian or anything. 

Offline Manny

« Reply #289 on: October 23, 2009, 04:54:03 PM »
I was about to edit it for TOS. However, I see your point Tom.

It has been noted and actioned upon.
Trip Reports: Links to my travels in Russia, Estonia, North Korea, South Korea, China and the US are >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline tainted

« Reply #290 on: October 23, 2009, 05:20:05 PM »
this is funny..
i have to reply..
you dont have to be inlove with someone to risk feelings,  health, money..

it puts allegations of Alena being a scammer in clear perspective.

you lost me on this..
can you please explain how it does that because i never even mentioned her.

Offline ECR844

• Searching for the word I will become
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #291 on: October 23, 2009, 06:42:18 PM »
To the heart and mind ignorance is kind
Ignorance is bliss

Offline tainted

« Reply #292 on: October 23, 2009, 06:48:32 PM »
Ignorance is bliss
Really?
because he asked me how i felt i took a risk...never asked how i felt like she scammed me..
so if ignorance is bliss..i bet you are one happy dude.

Offline ECR844

« Reply #293 on: October 23, 2009, 06:50:59 PM »
Ignorance is bliss
Really?
because he asked me how i felt i took a risk...never asked how i felt like she scammed me..

One has to wonder if you have ever been charged, indicted, and or convicted for a domestic violence related offense....

Offline tainted

« Reply #294 on: October 23, 2009, 06:59:16 PM »
Ignorance is bliss
Really?

One has to wonder if you have ever been charged, indicted, and or convicted for a domestic violence related offense....
well..seeing how you act like andy in the way that you know everything...you should know that if i had ever been convicted of that offense i would never be able to bring a Ukrainian to the states.
so keep on wondering..you seem to be in that state of mind alot.

Offline ECR844

« Reply #295 on: October 23, 2009, 07:05:05 PM »
Ok, then so you were never convicted.... ::)

Offline tainted

« Reply #296 on: October 23, 2009, 07:19:18 PM »
Ok, then so you were never convicted.... ::)
Your stupidity amazes me..
First you quote a person that doesnt make any sense..and then i call you out on it and you cant come up with anything Intelligent to say so you start to try and degrade me by saying that Im probably a felon.
the sad part is...is that you dont even know just how stupid you are..

hey man..why dont you go ask your mommy to go bake you some cookies...at least she loves you.

Offline ECR844

« Reply #297 on: October 23, 2009, 07:21:26 PM »
Any other dolt like insults you'd like to throw out or are you fresh out having drunk your intellectual well dry?

Offline tainted

« Reply #298 on: October 23, 2009, 07:26:11 PM »
Any other dolt like insults you'd like to throw out or are you fresh out having drunk your intellectual well dry?

dude, i could go on all night showing everyone just how much of an dumb ass you really are....but you lack so much everyone would hate me because its like beating up a retarded kid.

Offline ECR844

« Reply #299 on: October 23, 2009, 07:29:57 PM »
dude, i could go on all night showing everyone just how much of an dumb ass you really are....but you lack so much everyone would hate me because its like beating up a retarded kid.

Anything else you'd like to add?

Registration