The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: I'm Pretty Sure I Was Scammed For a Good Time!  (Read 50522 times)

Offline tainted

Re: I'm Pretty Sure I Was Scammed For a Good Time!
« Reply #225 on: October 19, 2009, 07:45:36 PM »
Richey: You're grumpin' about having your arse handed to you by a dream and losing $4k in the process which seems (by the number of times mentioned) to be the bigger part of the deal and all this took 1 year. Did you book it all up on Amex?

Look on the bright side, I had my arse handed to me about 9 or 10 years ago which was 10+ years in the making, cost me about 200 X the numbers you're quoting and I didn't need to find an MOB to do that for me. A local did the job quite efficiently.

When you get whacked in the balls, you can either hang them out for all to see and hopefully sympathise with you over their sorry state, or you can catch your breath, suck 'em up in your guts and get on. Either way, you'll have a tear in your eye at some point and that'll only dry when you admit you've been whacked in the balls. You've been doing the opposite right through this thread. You refuse to acknowledge the emotional investment you made long before it was due. That's the lesson everyone is trying to get through to you because, hello.................a goodly number of those you would berate for providing sound advice have been there too at some stage. Remember, denial isn't just  a river in the mid east. Deal with that first and the other issues, including your wounded pride will sort themselves out soon enough.

If you think life isn't fair right now, guess what? You're right, get used to it. BTW if you expect FSU ethics and morality to align with what you might expect in conservative USA, you're very much mistaken. It's another world and if you venture in, you play by their rules, nobody pushed you in.

This has all the hallmarks of a spoiled kid who's dropped it's bag of candy and it's everyone else's fault.

Oh...im sorry......seeing how i just lost someone i cared about for over a year because it was all a lie... i somehow got wrapped up in feeling sorry for myself..
My God im an asshole...i should be thinking about other people right now....maybe I'll go and save a baby seal or tie myself to a tree thats about to get cut down.

all i have asked was an opinion on what to think of my situation...
and all im getting is to suck it up and move on....[Edited for TOS violation]
It seems as though everyone forgot how it felt the first time you guys got screwed over..
i have to say...alot of you guys are [Edited for TOS violation]

[Edited for TOS violation]

Offline shakespear

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #226 on: October 19, 2009, 08:18:56 PM »
Oh...I'm sorry......seeing how i just lost someone i cared about for over a year because it was all a lie... i somehow got wrapped up in feeling sorry for myself.  

It WAS a lie,  An OBVIOUS lie to everyone but you.  You duped yourself into believing it.    

Now you want us all to morn your loss of a relationship that never really was?  A relationship that was only in your mind and in the e-keyboard of some translator at Anastasiaweb?  Grow up!  

all i have asked was an opinion on what to think of my situation...
and all I'm getting is to suck it up and move on....[Edited for TOS violation]
It seems as though everyone forgot how it felt the first time you guys got screwed over..
i have to say...alot of you guys are [Edited for TOS violation]   

It's obvious you don't like the message you're receiving.  You'd much rather have someone pat you on the backside and tell you everything is going to be OK and have a good long cry with you.  But when enough quality guys who have years and years of combined experience in this process send you a unified message, it's time you'd better start to realize how silly you look telling everyone how wrong they are.

My Sargent Instructor back at OCS at Quantico always told me, "You know where to to find sympathy in the dictionary?  Right in between the words shit and syphilis".  Actually it's in between the words symmetry and symphonic but you get the drift.   :)

hey...do me a favor...when someone you care about dies...and you will never be able to see them again......Come on here and make a thread so i can tell you to "suck it up"
and go find someone else to care about.  

Big difference between losing a REAL relationship and losing an imaginary one.  

When you realize that; and also realize you only have yourself to blame for how you feel right now, then maybe we can help you.  And we will try our best to help, if you'll just let us.   Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they're open.   :nod:
"If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun" - Katharine Hepburn

Offline RG

• Spouses Country: Now the US
« Reply #227 on: October 19, 2009, 09:08:46 PM »
Look, i dont want people getting all pissed at one another over this..
Bottom line is i was screwed over bad...period..
thats really all that matters.
Just another .02 cents from the peanut gallery here.  Look, it's obvious you cared about 'her,' and I agree, the last letter that you posted from 'her' looks like a form letter - after a year, if it were from her, I'd expect it to have at least SOMETHING in it of a personal nature, a pet name for you, something that makes it look, well, personal.

No one is sticking up for AW.  But it seems you are blaming the girl equally, without having done your homework, and without thinking of the culture or what may be normal or even a necessary part of life there.  In the Philippines, it's quite common for many girls to be 'for sale.'  Some bring back a 'client' to their family's house, hut, village, some in the same or the next room from their mother or father.  Is this 'disgusting'?  Yes, by our standards.  However, she has no options for other work, and the few minutes/hours she spends doing that, can feed her family for weeks or more.  Now, should we judge her as a 'bad person,' or doing what is necessary to provide for her family?

No one can say how much this girl was involved in the scam, for certain.  It's very likely/almost positive that AW took a good chunk of your cash.  It's very likely that she did not even *see* your letters.  Did she give any indication that she read all you wrote for a year?  A year of writing..she should certainly know a lot about you..did she?  Did you check on apartment prices yourself before handing over money for an apartment, and for the translator?  They're only a Google search away, and you had a year to do so..

Personally, I'm quite sorry for your experience..it sucks.  However, she may have simply been offered a 'job' that sounded pleasant enough, to spend some time with a foreign guy..and from what you said, she wasn't begging for gifts or for you to spend money on her.  Read some of the other stories on here and the 'shopping sprees' some girls try for.  By all accounts, this could have been much worse, but by *her* standards, it's quite likely she did nothing wrong.  

I'd do as suggested - mention to the translator that you'd like to see her again in a month, but want to reach her, and see what happens.  Either way, though - I'd move on.  Before discounting everyone, read some of the success stories as well.  You went into this 'unarmed,' so to speak - you didn't do your homework on AW, or other sites or agencies, and you seem to ignore any of the possible scenarios before jumping into it.  You received a last 'before your trip' email that could be addressed to nearly anyone, and it seems also that you are unable to grasp that what poses for 'morals' or 'right or wrong' is a variable thing, and it isn't fair to judge everyone by the same measure.  

I'm not an expert here, by any means, but the above stands for itself.  Take a deep breath, until you can think *clearly*, and then do your homework - weigh the chances of success with the chances of this happening again.  Read, ask questions, and read more - information and some common sense/ability to read people is all you've got, and you seem to have not used any of these 'tools' the first time through.  It's not too late to learn from the mistakes so far, to have a different, but happy, ending.

For whatever it's worth, I've communicated with perhaps a half dozen to a dozen very *real* women, as well as many others that were short lived, from the amusingly funny 20YO with a profile screaming 'I want a rich man' while sending me a very 'nice' letter, to some interesting or very sweet people that simply are obviously incompatible, to the wannabe princesses/green card girls.  Of the relatively few that I got to know at all, each is different from the other - there really are all kinds.  Some poor, some not so much, some educated, some not, some few even shy..ALL kinds.  I've also had the privilege of meeting one very special girl, and even if I am unsure where that will lead, her family has shown me more kindness, more welcome and caring, than many families in any country.  And some few others, I hope they indeed find happiness - there are some extraordinary people out there, if you try to find them without thinking a swimsuit model half your age would somehow have the same expectations as you.  

I apologize for the diatribe here - it's obvious that you're upset, but much of this could have been avoided by some more homework on your part before jumping in.  It's not a crime, but you have a decision to make - to turn the experience into anger and to hold onto that, or to realize that it could have been much worse, and learn from the experience.  If you choose to believe that for some reason, all FSU women are the same, that everything is a scam, that's your choice.  I would only point you to some of our female members here, some of the married folks, and the fact that we also meet a wide range of 'types' in our own backyards..if you do think to continue later, I can only suggest doing your homework, and perhaps not looking for a swimsuit model, and make sure that you are learning about the *person*, and not a translator.

Best of luck, either way, sincerely.  

Offline tainted

« Reply #228 on: October 19, 2009, 09:11:17 PM »

It's obvious you don't like the message you're receiving.  You'd much rather have someone pat you on the backside and tell you everything is going to be OK and have a good long cry with you.  But when enough quality guys who have years and years of combined experience in this process send you a unified message, it's time you'd better start to realize how silly you look telling everyone how wrong they are.

really? because i went through and count two times when i expressed that i was dwelling bad feelings...then two more when i said i was pissed and then i was getting over it..
No were near wanting to get patted on the backside ( not sure where that came from..[Edited for TOS violation]  and being told everything will be ok.
So stop trying to turn me into some big baby....i came here...asked for some advice...i got some smartass answers and said some smartass things back...and you guys dont like it.
Sorry that i got shitty back at some of your "home boys" on here....But i dont get shitty with someone until someone gets shitty or disrespectful to me..
re-read the whole thread and see for yourself....
I can tell you the [Edited for TOS violation]  in this thread...
its the ones that say : you got scammed...dont be a bitch and move on.
again..i wonder how easy it was for all of you guys when you "got your balls whacked"

I went one time...and i wont go back....why? because i dont need too....
I can get a good looking 30 year old here.....
i see you [Edited for TOS violation]  going back 20 - 30 times...why? because you have too....so much so that you get scammed time after time after time.....
No wonder you guys are the Gods of the MOB scams...you guys have had it all done to you....so much so you are numb to it...
Ok..stay here and be your gods.....
I'll just stand in the background and be at awe in your awesomeness.
peace out.

Offline RG

• Spouses Country: Now the US
« Reply #229 on: October 19, 2009, 09:17:29 PM »
Thanks for the kind words Don..
what i dont get is that i am the one played by a scam and i come on here and people act like i am the one doing the bad things..

It really makes me wonder the true intentions of the people on here.
I did nothing wrong but believed in someone that lied...yet..i am treated like the bad guy.

You said something about her being sweet and nice while you were there.
Sure, it's remotely possible, she has a busy life, and..she is TWENTY.  She doesn't have quite the sense of urgency of someone older.  Anything is possible, but to not write in a month? 
Again, call the translator and mention you'd like to visit her again.  Spice it up if you'd like, say you're thinking of <insert some exotic locale here>.  If suddenly you've got mail, see what you can find out from her. 

It all certainly sucks.  No one is saying you're the bad guy here, only that you have no way to immediate say that she is the scammer here, while enough people have already told you how AW and some others may operate.

Offline tainted

« Reply #230 on: October 19, 2009, 09:27:34 PM »
only that you have no way to immediate say that she is the scammer here, while enough people have already told you how AW and some others may operate.

well..I feel the two go hand in hand...
Anastasia sets it up and the girls go with it....
they are all in it together.

Offline I/O

« Reply #231 on: October 19, 2009, 11:24:20 PM »
Richey: You've still got that flea up your bum and apparently it's biting by your bad mood? Never mind, the more I read the more I see in you and BTW, I understand how wounded you feel because a) this happened and b) folks here haven’t responded quite as you thought they might. Couple of points to note, 1) clearly you went in under prepared and 2) if you expect a certain type of answer to a question, be sure you know what that answer is before you ask it. None of that makes you a bad guy, just inexperienced.

You’ve shown a little “ticker” (heart if you like) in this thread and taken on all comers head first and although you have cried, at least you haven’t run away to sulk. Wrong on many aspects though you are and in time you’ll see that, your action in and of itself suggests to me you might just have enough stickability in you to pull something like this off (I don’t believe for a second you are done with this caper).

Things you might note from this experience and this thread. a) Nobody is going to pick you up when you fall, they will tell you how to do it yourself. b) Stay away form Aweb and any site that doesn’t give you the right to direct contact straight up. c) Don’t trust terps or any other 3rd party with something as valuable as your emotions. d) Most guys spend 2 – 4 years staking out their quarry in this caper. You’ve only spent ¼ of that and you’ve learned a bit. e) Many guys spend $40K and upwards over time capturing their quarry. You’re only 10% into the spend. f) Understand that a completely different set of business ethics exists in many FSU locations. Some of those, you and I don’t like, doesn’t make the people bad, just locals. g) A good wife is a rare animal locally, it isn’t 3 times harder to find that across the oceans, it is 3 squared harder with all the barriers. h) There is a lot of algae floating on the top of this pond around which so many frogs sit gazing hopefully inwards. To find a gem requires diving far below the surface.

Although you might not like most of what has been articulated by the experienced in this thread, particularly I’ve seen you react to Andrewfi, Manny and myself, you’ll find some nuggets in those raw posts if you read them with an open mind. BTW, these guys are no mates of mine, I wouldn’t know them if I fell over them in the street. Russia (or other FSU locations) is certainly not sugar coated for the foreigner and most of us who have been around those locations a bit have ditched the sugar coating off most other things also. You need to understand that in direct conversation with a RW (UW also if you like), things can be much more in your face than this thread has come close to being. I’m married to a Smokinhotkova a bit more than half my age who is as soft as butter and if she passed wind, you’d run a mile down wind to catch a sniff, BUT, I can tell you she would chew your butt from LA to New York and back if she read this thread. RW have no patience with any guy who tosses in the towel.

Think about it a little, most of us have better things to do than write comments on some stupid bulletin board. We have taken the time to offer something constructive. Consider it all and ask some reasonably formed questions, you might be surprised how much help is forthcoming. Your call.

Offline Voyager

• Meмber
« Reply #232 on: October 19, 2009, 11:41:41 PM »
i wonder how easy it was for all of you guys when you "got your balls whacked"

i see you assclown's going back 20 - 30 times...why? because you have too....so much so that you get scammed time after time after time.....
No wonder you guys are the Gods of the MOB scams...you guys have had it all done to you....so much so you are numb to it...
Ok..stay here and be your gods.....
I'll just stand in the background and be at awe in your awesomeness.
peace out.

GARichley, sorry if some of the advice here was a little raw, and I'm sorry to hear that you were taken for a ride. But keep in mind, we try to give some advice so that you won't get taken in the future (if you keep trying). 

The advice given by I/O and others is sound, should you ever choose to try again. Also remember that the guys here are not doing this to be mean, as there are VERY few guys here that have not been taken for a ride either with emotions or $$$.

Offline AnfieldRiot

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #233 on: October 19, 2009, 11:55:54 PM »
  We can all point fingers at this and that but at the end of the day it all boils down to a few simple factors....

1) --- you say you did your homework but if you did you'd actually be far more acceptive of the end result of your trip.

2) --- the above is made even more obvious by the amount of cash you spent and how you handled your trip arrangements. Don't let your actions be put in someone else's hands, you need to always have your finger on the button.

3) --- this process is for the thick skinned and right now your skin is thin. If you can't mentally handle what you just went through with this girl, then you might not want to continue your FSU search as you're going to either fall into this situation again or your personal wall is going to be set so high that you're never going to let yourself truly connect with someone on the level that's needed.

4) --- maybe I'm wrong with this one but I haven't seen you mention any sort of actual contact aside from an email with her before you left. Considering you're going half way across the world and your intentions of wanting to form some sort of relationship with this girl, wouldn't you try to speak with her via the phone or skype or anything for that matter before taking off.... afterall this isn't a trip down the street to your local bar for a date.

5) --- as with most what I wrote... it's comes down to doing your homework and I can't say I've seen much of it done. 4k is a lot for one trip but on the whole if you did your homework you'd know that just about everyone finds "the one" after going through a few relationships (good n' bad). You had a relationship that was primarly good... you didn't lose a whole lot. If spending 4k put you in a serious hole then you should of planned your trip a little more carefully. Aside from the money spent, you got a serious education in how to navigate through the grey area's of corresponding with FSU based women... that's an education well worth most price tag's and you're now wiser (hopefully) to the pitfalls of trying to venture through the FSU dating world.

6) --- lastly, if you're tired of people like myself breaking down your moves and pointing the proverbial finger, then you need to disconnect a little. Don't post here or any other sites. Head over to the numerous sites like this one and go through the plentiful stories of the serious train wrecks. Find solace in the fact that you actually got off lightly and that all isn't wrong in your world and that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Soak in what went wrong in the train wreck stories and prepare yourself to not let those pitfalls happen to you. One of the hardest things you're going to have to do is get friendly with the word "acceptance." ... accept that this may happen again, no matter how you approach you're next relationship... this voyage isn't simple and it's only going to get tougher. You say you do well with the ladies that are in your area, you may want to think about going the softer route and do a match.com/eharmony deal... in the very least, jumping into your own fishing pond will either give you the needed drive to go about the FSU search again or you'll end up fishing off your own pier and finding someone who's at your feet with less headaches.

7) --- whatever you do, good luck.

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #234 on: October 20, 2009, 02:14:31 AM »
As GaRichey has the real email address (not the terp's) , he could try and hire his own translator (do not use google translate or other electronic devices, it is not useful right now) and have them get a good idea of whats going on. At least the truth will come out.

At best, you can go back and re-visit this woman on an honest basis. At worst, you will get confirmation of what many said here. If the woman asks why a new translator you can always tell her that Anastasiaweb performed poorly and therefore you wanted more direct communication (and best of it all, THAT is the truth)
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline Eduard

• Commercial member
« Reply #235 on: October 20, 2009, 02:23:19 AM »
b) Stay away form Aweb and any site that doesn’t give you the right to direct contact straight up. c) Don’t trust terps or any other 3rd party with something as valuable as your emotions. d) Most guys spend 2 – 4 years staking out their quarry in this caper. You’ve only spent ¼ of that and you’ve learned a bit. e) Many guys spend $40K and upwards over time capturing their quarry. You’re only 10% into the spend. f) Understand that a completely different set of business ethics exists in many FSU locations. Some of those, you and I don’t like, doesn’t make the people bad, just locals. g) A good wife is a rare animal locally, it isn’t 3 times harder to find that across the oceans, it is 3 squared harder with all the barriers. h) There is a lot of algae floating on the top of this pond around which so many frogs sit gazing hopefully inwards. To find a gem requires diving far below the surface.
Have to comment on this post: well, I'm OK with the b).

As far as c) is concerned this is a gross generalisation. I am a "terp", have you heard any one ever, any of my passed clients, etc. complaining about my translation not being accurate or me being dishonest? This statement is a bit offensive IMO. Surely there are plenty of honest terps out there who can do an excellent job for you. But off course there is always an option to become fluent in Russian yourself...good luck with that!

d) maybe, but it doesn't have to take that long...took me a couple of months to find my wife and we were married less than a year later. If you speak the language and know RW it is as easy as 1,2,3 which totally disproves "g)".

e) To say that one needs to prepair himself to spend 40K and upward for this is inaccurate IMHO. I personally spent around 4K for the whole thing and that included me buying her air ticket to the USA. granted I didn't need a translater or a place to stay at (stayed at my dad's apartment on the first trip and at her place on the second) but still, if all done right a WM can easily do this for around 12K total, 15K max.

f) yes there are cultural differences, but I've being in business for myself for many years in the US (not Russia or RW related) and my experience is that you can hardly trust any one here. The only thing that makes it appear "more honest and civilised" is the fact that anything you agree upon with any one gets to be put in writing and therefore there is a possibility of legal recourse in a court system that's a lot less corrupt than in Russia/Ukraine. But generally people are people and they are not that different over there as you try to portray them.
Now g)  ::)  if it were true and it was this much harder to find a good, family oriented woman in Russia, why would any one of us wanna do it??? This doesn't make sense! IMO it's exactly the opposite.

h) Only if you look at the little, dirty pond with a huge sign that says "MOB" on it. Very easy to find since it pops up everywhere on google searches! Walk just a few steps up the trail and you will see clean,  clear open water, the ocean in fact, no algae and pearls all over the place...just think outside the MOB agencies box...

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #236 on: October 20, 2009, 02:37:43 AM »
Mark, I am pretty sure that if she could've, she would've. More emails now will be just a waste of electrons.
The ball was in her court and she chose to not lob it back. There may be all sorts of reasons for that but none of them help our hero.

If our hero wants to be dating women half his age I'd STRONGLY suggest that he gets some local league experience under his belt before entering the pro leagues. One of the ongoing issues I have with my current girlfriend is that she is young (19). She thinks differently to me, as I think, I/O mentioned they have different priorities and a different perspective on time. I have, due to a funny life situation, been dating women younger than I as well as much closer in age women for more than a decade and I tell you, yungins is hard work! The games they play are madness!
When our hero has a little muscle in his arm it will be time to start pitching at the pros in the FSU marriage agencies. I have to say that I'd DREAD the idea of mixing with those girls - they will be sharks! I met my current g/f through Mamba.ru and we chatted and talked on the phone for ages before meeting - we were on the phone together within hours though, exchanged over 1200 messages through Mamba excluding MSN and email. When we met though neither of us had any idea of how things would turn out. We were lucky. ;)
All of this was for a girl who lives a ten minute drive from my home.
How much similar work did our hero do for his hottie 5000 miles away?
From what he has told us, very little. Emails sent to an interpreter, no personal contact at all and he expected that when they sniffed each other's bums that love would follow. yeah, riiiiiggghhht!

EDIT FOR ADDITION: I strongly believe that to go chasing after women much younger than oneself is madness and an illness. However, if one comes into contact with a person 'by nature' as it were and he or she is of much different age then I see a clear difference. This does not mean the issues go away but it suggests to me that they will be dealt with from a position of equality and not power difference. In essence, see people as people and age as just one dimension of the complete person and one will not be going far wrong. If one chooses intergenerational relationships over more 'normal' relationships - relationships where age is a significant factor in the choice then one is likely doing something wrong, either to oneself or, more likely, to the other party. In truth though I see a big difference between a 60 year old bloke chasing a 35 year old woman and a 40 year old man chasing a 19 year old girl.
I would also suggest that a young girl who is genuinely interested, in the long term and/or consistently, in relationships with much older men probably has issues of her own that cause her to seek out these relationships and I do not think that is always healthy for the man in the partnership.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #237 on: October 20, 2009, 04:27:07 AM »
Richey,  First off, I agree with you there are some assholes on this site.   There are also some very good guys.   The problem is there is no consensus on who fits which label.  Someone who is a jerk to one person is the purveyor of the best advice in the eyes of another.   Even though the advice might be hard to swallow everyone means well.

Personally, I would not count on a future with this woman.  I am not saying walk away but explore other options and try not to get your hopes up about her even if she does resume some contact.

If she does resume contact try to get her phone number and then get an independent interpreter, perhaps someone like Anastasia Ash to communicate with her.  You need to get away from A-Web one way or the other.   You are wasting time and money.

If there were not some good Russian women this forum would not exist.   The time and money you lost is nothing compared to what I lost and many others.   You need to decide if you want to give up on FSU women and if you do then that is probably the right decision because this can be a long, frustrating and expensive project.    It definitely is not for everyone.

I don't see any way the girl scammed you.   I still see the not kissing you as a strong sign she was not into you as much as you need her to be for a serious relationship.   I can't say for sure one way or the other about A-Web but they have a very bad reputation.    You mentioned you did a lot of research before you went.    Where did you research?   A-Web's site?   There is a lot of good information here on RUA and I would suggest reading all you can.   It is much easier and less expensive to learn from others mistakes than to make them yourself but I will warn you if we are pig headed enough ourselves we can only learn from our own mistakes and sometimes from making them over and over. 

Offline Vinnvinny

« Reply #238 on: October 20, 2009, 04:57:53 AM »
I can tell you the [Edited for TOS violation]  in this thread...
its the ones that say : you got scammed...dont be a bitch and move on.

i see you [Edited for TOS violation]  going back 20 - 30 times...why? because you have too....so much so that you get scammed time after time after time.....

You were scammed Richey as you paid around double for most things and until you know for a fact the full extent of this lady’s involvement in this scam then you should move on. If that makes me an asshole then that’s fine by me.

With regards to the assclowns going back 20 – 30 times, I don’t suppose it ever crossed your mind that most have these trips may of have been to meet just one lady? I didn’t think it would have.  Some guys like to get to know someone really well, meet their family and friends etc, spend some quality time alone together before they start making any emotional commitment to anything beyond just a friendship. It may not be everyone’s preferred MO as some like to jump right in from the off .... but it has its merits.

Offline I/O

« Reply #239 on: October 20, 2009, 05:01:47 AM »
This looks like fun..........

Have to comment on this post: well, I'm OK with the b)
I'm so relieved.!! I really thought I'd lost the plot for a while and then…………………you posted.  It feel so much better now. :bow:

[Edited for TOS violation] As usual, you have completely missed the point in your utter ignorance and arrogance. Oh yes, it's all so easy if we follow Eduard's advice, he'll find (in his opinion) the wife of your dreams. From your record Eduard, you'd be the last one I would trust with anything, much less emotional value. No doubt you're still trying to tell us the available Russian women outnumber the men 8-1?

Sure, I speak enough Russian that I also could cart one of these dudes into wherever in Russia, dig up a couple of locals, sort some wheat from chaff and sell him down the road of marital bliss. And................guess what, I also can do it for the bargain price of less than $4K. I never said the desired way was the MOB scene and spending a zillion, I said, that is what many do. To ignore that reality is plain stupid, why am I not surprised. For the most part terps are no more than leaches who suck off the uninitiated and naive. There is handful of quality translators out there.

As far as c) is concerned this is a gross generalisation. I am a "terp",
Yes indeed and some of the nonsense I've seen from your keyboard over the last couple of years confirms my point. How's the 8-1 numbers doing? Lol. Past clients? Plural? We have evidence of one on video but we still don't know the outcome of that do we? Oh, sorry, we have a few of your alias posts around the net claiming to be clients. Funny really. How many forums have you been kicked off recently?

took me a couple of months to find my wife and we were married less than a year later. If you speak the language and know RW it is as easy as 1,2,3
Speed dating turned speed mating, step up and consult the guru. Not everyone wants to set records Eduard. Hello, most of these guys don't speak Russian and are not particularly interested in learning. Doesn't mean they should blindly place their marital future in the hands of some character of questionable intentions who has a pecuniary interest. That is plain dumb. Finding a lifetime partner is NOT a 1,2,3 exercise as the 50% divorce rate in USA and hello, are you listening Eduard, 70% divorce rate in Russia, where you claim to have some expertise, testifies.

To say that one needs to prepair himself to spend 40K and upward for this is inaccurate IMHO. I personally spent around 4K for the whole thing and that included me buying her air ticket to the USA.
Spelling is exciting, particularly for a terp and an available spell checker but there you go. Where did I say he needed to spend $40K? I suggested many do. Deal in fact please instead of your usual distortions. You spent less than $4K? Well golllllllllly, nobody is suggesting you shouldn't be a cheapskate and marry someone you don't know just because some “terp” told you to. That's a route anyone is welcome to take. Fortunately, most with an ounce of sense choose another.

yes there are cultural differences, but I've being in business for myself for many years in the US (not Russia or RW related) and my experience is that you can hardly trust any one here. The only thing that makes it appear "more honest and civilised" is the fact that anything you agree upon with any one gets to be put in writing and therefore there is a possibility of legal recourse in a court system that's a lot less corrupt than in Russia/Ukraine. But generally people are people and they are not that different over there as you try to portray them.
Utter crap and not worth a detailed response other than to say, I've done a few successful deals across the gap and the difference in ethics is night and day. Yours is a complete distortion. Your business in the USA, still the DJ game? High powered stuff no doubt.

if it were true and it was this much harder to find a good, family oriented woman in Russia, why would any one of us wanna do it??? This doesn't make sense! IMO it's exactly the opposite.
Hello, again your arrogance and foolishness prevents you from seeing the point. Distance, language and so forth…………….Hello?? And……..please don't keep spewing the crap of needing a good terp / guide / matchmaker / Eduard on your side. In case you haven't caught on, two or three years pushing this barrow around forums and still having time to do so tells me the business model doesn't sell very well. Folks just aren't interested for the most part. Further, I agree, it's madness deliberately  going abroad looking for a wife. I certainly didn't, nor would I advise anyone to do so. I went to Russia and 26 other countries for a host of other reasons. But hey, boys are boys and one tends to sample the local cuisine along the way. Sometimes we find our taste in the most surprising restaurants

BTW, what is family oriented? Something like traditional? Please do yourself a favour and refrain from answer. I've heard enough of the housekeeper, mother, wife, loyal, rah rah thing but they forget to mention 70% divorce rate, oh sorry, all those divorces are initiated by Russian Men or because of the terrible actions of Russian men, Hello Eduard, what did you say you were? Strange, I thought it was Russian at last report. Perhaps it would be "convenient" (now there is a word we hear around the game) to be American at this point?

a few steps up the trail and you will see clean,  clear open water, the ocean in fact, no algae and pearls all over the place...just think outside the MOB agencies box...
Yes indeed, think……………right into Eduard’s pocket. Well hello, we got something almost right. Who said everyone chases agencies? Clear open water. Sorry to burst your bubble buddy but the majority of that clear open water is humping local Russian boys and that’s exactly where they intend to stay. Sure, I can introduce our hero to any one of 20-30 single Russian girls between 22 and 35 right now who wouldn’t dream of placing their name on an agency list. All of them pretty damned classy in fact but none of them are about to jump his blue passport. He’ll have to earn their respect and no wingman is going to do that for him. Oh, BTW, they all speak decent English so he won’t need a twerp. Just sayin’. tiphat

All of that is merely social banter, the really important issue is cluing Richey in a little as to what the real deal is. Selling him down the cotton wool road is disingenuous at very least. :nod:

Offline Sauron

« Reply #240 on: October 20, 2009, 05:31:34 AM »
1. do not fall in love with a picture
2. be ready to travel
3. be realistic in your expectations
4. never trust a single source
5. if a RW like you, you will have no doubt
6. get the agency out of things as soon as possible

Just 6 points where you failed.
If thats enough to make you go back to loacal women, I guess people in the FSU do no longer have to worry about you.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #241 on: October 20, 2009, 06:56:28 AM »
Richey, Eric is engaged doing that at which you are spectacularly failing.
He has spent time learning working and implementing (and along the way helping others) as have many of us here.

You have the same opportunities as Eric and others - or you can do as you are doing: attempt to blacken the name of a woman whose failure was not to worship you in the manner you demanded, fail to learn by your mistakes as you have told us you intend to do and finally, again as you told us, to give up on this pursuit - task incomplete, objective unattained.

Now, I may sometimes think Eric something of a twat BUT he has my respect for setting a goal and working to attain it and for learning and growing along the way. You on the other hand, whilst you are similar to Eric in the first point in this paragrapgh, as to respect, well, not so much. ;)
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline TomT

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #242 on: October 20, 2009, 07:58:41 AM »
Richey,

Everyone here has had train wrecks, either abroad or locally. We would not be present were it not for an endless procession of friggin' disasters. Trust me, some of them have been of epic proportions: I remember guys who hoped to bring home a bride but returned with HIV instead. Most came home a bit less damaged, however.  

You may not agree at the moment, but anger can be a very good thing because it distracts one from pain. I'll let you in on a little secret: everyone else knows about the phenomenon. Some are deliberately trying to irritate you to get you to snap out of your depression, others are simply reacting to you and, of course, a few are doing it just for sport. Irrespective of their motives, it is therapeutic. Nothing is more therapeutic than the love of a good woman, though. Alena wasn't a scammer but she wasn't a good woman either; continuing contact with her would be unproductive.  

You should shift your focus to the mistakes that you made so that you don't revisit them in the future.

p.s.

Pop quiz: when you read my posts, how many levels of meaning can you detect therein?

Offline Donhollio

« Reply #243 on: October 20, 2009, 09:39:39 AM »

Gar I asked you if you didn't find the other girls walking the streets looking like something that you would like more of ?  What did you think of Odessa and the way the girls were ?

Offline froid

« Reply #244 on: October 20, 2009, 10:45:35 AM »
I was thinking to ask that too.  What did you see of Odessa and how did you like it? 
Look, we're gonna spend half the night driving around the Hills looking for this one party and you're going to say it sucks and we're all gonna leave and then we're gonna go look for this other party. But all the parties and all the bars, they all suck. <-Same goes for forums!

Offline shakespear

• Supporting Member
« Reply #245 on: October 20, 2009, 01:11:12 PM »
My curiosity was aroused.

I wanted to see the girls profile on anastasiaweb but was unable to find it.  Following links from her name on google lead me to believe the profile has been recently removed.  Anybody have access to the link for her profile on the anastasiaweb site?

Offline tainted

« Reply #246 on: October 20, 2009, 01:21:05 PM »

Gar I asked you if you didn't find the other girls walking the streets looking like something that you would like more of ?  What did you think of Odessa and the way the girls were ?

I thought that 80% of the ladies there were very beautiful...
as far as the city goes...about the same..
what i couldnt believe were all the stray dogs and cats..
but all in all..the people were very nice to me and i loved all the buildings..

Offline tainted

« Reply #247 on: October 20, 2009, 01:23:50 PM »

I wanted to see the girls profile on anastasiaweb but was unable to find it.  Following links from her name on google lead me to believe the profile has been recently removed.  Anybody have access to the link for her profile on the anastasiaweb site?

her profile was removed about three months ago.

Offline shakespear

• Supporting Member
« Reply #248 on: October 20, 2009, 01:26:16 PM »

hmmmm. . . . . . .

can you share the reason why?

or

at least share what the interpreter told you was the reason why?

Offline ECR844

• Searching for the word I will become
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #249 on: October 20, 2009, 01:37:10 PM »

Not really something that an active scammer would do....Things that make you go hmmmmm.......

[Edited for TOS violation]